Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Get Together Delayed?

Ever since the Sims 4 Get Together was announced, I had heard "early November" will be the release date.

I just heard it's December now. What?

Why is it delayed? Anyone know why?

I'm actually more upset about it than I thought I would be if any of the games were delayed for some reason.

Comments

• Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I know i was shocked when i saw this last night. Im upset too but only because the gap between this expansion and the next could possibly be even longer now. This Ep doesn't interest me.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,674 Member
    Super upset. :( Now I gotta wait two more months. Ugh.
    My Top Song of the Day: Empty by The Click Five
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm gutted. I was looking forward to it, however, I now have high hopes for a pack in November to keep us going.

ETA: Maybe even a nice, big patch.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited October 2015
    From what the article said, it seems to be delayed so that the team can make more improvements to the ep as well as add a few more features.

I'm glad it's delayed. Once an ep is released the likelihood we'll get any thing more for it plummets. It's better to make something correctly the first time.
    Post edited by Ayumap on
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    WrwurWrwur Posts: 321 Member
    I'm actually OK with the delay. I think it's great that they have time to make it better and add new content in.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm glad it was delayed. The blog post mentioned the EP was going to add three new things in the EP including a new board game, a diving rock for the natural pools, and neat little designated spaces for clubs to mingle. They're adding more content to it, so that's pretty cool they're taking more time to make it better.
    Thankfully, since it's in December, maybe I can save my wallet and hope someone else buys it for me LOL
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2015
    Maybe this will give them a bit of time to add some more family type play and not just YA stuff. Maybe even they might reconsider a supernatural - because if anywhere a Vamp should appear it seems like a Europe type world would be the best over all choice. Besides it helps them get past the two big sales in November and puts the game in position for Christmas shoppers. Not that it matters a whole lot to me at this point - I do think it is a good idea to folks loving the game without toddlers and family play styles. For me this game does not attract me, as I am a full fledged family player and need all my life stages to enjoy the Sims. LOL. But for the rest you - a delay always seems to make for a better game.

It gives ample time to curve the bugs too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    I would imagine its because alot of people including myself have complained that it doesn't add all that much to the game and doesnt feel worthy of being an expansion pack. Groups are fine but im not a overly big fan of cliques. Other than the groups and windenburg it doesnt add all that much.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Jaysim88 wrote: »
    I would imagine its because alot of people including myself have complained that it doesn't add all that much to the game and doesnt feel worthy of being an expansion pack. Groups are fine but im not a overly big fan of cliques. Other than the groups and windenburg it doesnt add all that much.

Oh I agree. I have no intention of giving it a second thought with the way it is and as long as they persist in keeping toddlers out of the game I am not really interested in the game period. I have tried and just cannot get into Sims 4 - I love the sims and buikld mode - but it goes all down hill from there. I love things like the 7 toddler challenge, and big families with all stages in a single household - so I have been not buying for a while now. The only other thing that might have been able to draw me back in are the Supernaturals - the Vamps, the witches, and fairies in particular - as I do play those a lot in Sims 3 without the whole family side of it - especially witches - as I really get into building the best magic user and spell caster I can so having children are too much of a distraction for most of my play with them - but this ep had absolutely nothing that interests me.

I love new worlds in the other sims game - but thanks to the culling of Sims 4 and already get culled even my sims I have played - i could not see a new world with even more Maxis sims as a good thing. I only had 10 sims I was playing rotationally in GTW and got 4 of them culled. I had just played one of the culled ones - so that basically ended me even giving Sims 4 any more attempts to play it. It was the last straw for me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    I have no issues with them taking extra time, if that is what they need. I just still don't understand what the EP is about. The Danish version, directly translated to English is called "New Friends" and not Get Together. The sentence from the English version "As you might have guessed from the name, this expansion is about your Sims getting together in really exciting new ways." has in the Danish version been changed to "As the title suggests, this expansion is about meeting new friends, and getting together in really exciting new ways".

When you change the title for whatever reason, it looks really sloppy when you translate a text directly and still try to make it fit. Leaving out the "As you might have guessed from the name" would have made more sense, then stating that "New friends" suggests that the expansion is about getting together in really exciting new ways.

Maybe it is a translation issue, but I really don't see explained anywhere how this whole EP titled "New Friends" is actually about... new friends? And seriously (not being sarcastic here), all these exciting new ways to get together, is that something sims can only do with new friends? Not old friends? Just wondering why this whole EP is about NEW friends, and not just friends... or clubs. I keep waiting for information about these new friends.

(I can guess why they didn't translate Get Together into Danish directly. I have no issues with that. The double meaning of the direct translation would probably change the rating of the game :D )
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    TriX0099 wrote: »
    I have no issues with them taking extra time, if that is what they need. I just still don't understand what the EP is about. The Danish version, directly translated to English is called "New Friends" and not Get Together. The sentence from the English version "As you might have guessed from the name, this expansion is about your Sims getting together in really exciting new ways." has in the Danish version been changed to "As the title suggests, this expansion is about meeting new friends, and getting together in really exciting new ways".

When you change the title for whatever reason, it looks really sloppy when you translate a text directly and still try to make it fit. Leaving out the "As you might have guessed from the name" would have made more sense, then stating that "New friends" suggests that the expansion is about getting together in really exciting new ways.

Maybe it is a translation issue, but I really don't see explained anywhere how this whole EP titled "New Friends" is actually about... new friends? And seriously (not being sarcastic here), all these exciting new ways to get together, is that something sims can only do with new friends? Not old friends? Just wondering why this whole EP is about NEW friends, and not just friends... or clubs. I keep waiting for information about these new friends.

(I can guess why they didn't translate Get Together into Danish directly. I have no issues with that. The double meaning of the direct translation would probably change the rating of the game :D )

It's a translation issue. In French, it's been translated as something like "Living together" which leads people to believe it could be about Appartments back in August. In the blog post, it was translated as "As you might have guessed from the name, this expansion is about your Sims living together in really exciting new ways". I guess the danish translators did their best to both translate the EP name and make it fit into the blog post. For the EP name, there could be legal issue too, some people mentionned another EP name was considered in French but wasn't chosen because there was already a movie with the same name.
  • Options
    TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    Neia wrote: »

It's a translation issue. In French, it's been translated as something like "Living together" which leads people to believe it could be about Appartments back in August. In the blog post, it was translated as "As you might have guessed from the name, this expansion is about your Sims living together in really exciting new ways". I guess the danish translators did their best to both translate the EP name and make it fit into the blog post. For the EP name, there could be legal issue too, some people mentionned another EP name was considered in French but wasn't chosen because there was already a movie with the same name.

Thank you. Sounds like a common issue then, and I will stop waiting for information about these new friends :)
  • Options

Oh yea i get that, if it was called living together id assume it was apartments.
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    I don't mind to wait if there is something really good that deserves to be waiting for... :)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Throw in some serious features like some editing tools and more colors I may start playing Sims 4 again and if not Sims 4 just like SimCity 2013 will be a fragment of my memory, glad FO4 and Halo 5 is on the way. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    stephAnie1864stephAnie1864 Posts: 200 Member
    I don't mind to wait if there is something really good that deserves to be waiting for... :)

I agree with you there. I am more then willing to wait if I know that something worth waiting for is being included.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Look on the bright side, it is released two days after my birthday... A great birthday gift from Maxis. :p
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Yeah, i wish on my next birthday i will be playing with the seasons already! :) Better if much much before!
    p.s. it's on April, 29
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I am glad is delayed since we will get a rock diving (like waterfall diving for me) and more games and dartboards :D
  • Options
    KimmmyGibbblerKimmmyGibbbler Posts: 120 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    From what the article said, it seems to be delayed so that the team can make more improvements to the ep as well as add a few more features.

I'm glad it's delayed. Once an ep is released the likelihood we'll get any thing more for it plummets. It's better to make something correctly the first time.

Yeah I actually got excited when I heard it was delayed. The concept of clubs is intriguing to me so I will definitely be buying this... And now that they're adding something I'm even more intrigued... What is it?!????
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member

So true! I am French I when I saw the French title "Vivre ensemble", I though that it was strange. On Facebook people where so happy that apartment were back (and other asked if it was appartment).
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I'm thinking they didn't want to put it on sale for black Friday so they moved the date. I was actually surprised they were releasing the game before black Friday and now it all makes sense.

I would like to believe they are making improvements but seriously if they were really concerned over the quality they would have delayed the base game. They may have patched in a few things but the base game without all the patches was beyond bare bones and should have been delayed and yet it wasn't.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Maybe this will give them a bit of time to add some more family type play and not just YA stuff. Maybe even they might reconsider a supernatural - because if anywhere a Vamp should appear it seems like a Europe type world would be the best over all choice. Besides it helps them get past the two big sales in November and puts the game in position for Christmas shoppers. Not that it matters a whole lot to me at this point - I do think it is a good idea to folks loving the game without toddlers and family play styles. For me this game does not attract me, as I am a full fledged family player and need all my life stages to enjoy the Sims. LOL. But for the rest you - a delay always seems to make for a better game.

It gives ample time to curve the bugs too.

I really would like to believe all that but after reading the blog of why they are delaying (to polish, add another party venue and give Upper Crusty Sims their own spot inside the café) I doubt any of this would happen.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Honestly, I was using the info in October to finalize my decision on not getting GT but I can't tell you how happy I was that they pushed it back cause it means they'll polish the existing features and add in some more which might be enough to make me want to pay the $40 price tag now :)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Kevin1999Kevin1999 Posts: 8 New Member
    My guess is they realized they cant release a game about having groups of friends when culling will get rid of all of them ruining all the work you put into it.