Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Aging Up

AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
Is there anything that can be done about a baby having his/her birthday, an adult goes to pick him/her up to "help with birthday", then the action disappears, they stand there like that for a while, the "help with birthday" action pops up again, rinse, repeat for ages before the kid finally ages up?
Even if I send the adult back to bed (because they've gotten very tired just standing there forever), an adult immediately gets up, goes to the baby & the whole thing repeats itself again. Unless the baby falls asleep. Then he/she remains a baby until he/she wakes up, an adult goes to pick him/her up & does the whole thing over again until finally kid ages up.

Comments

• AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    Okay, well, I followed my own advice, found this and will give that a whirl next time my TS2 Simmies have a baby. (I haven't explored TS2 Build/Buy well enough to know they also have birthday cakes. Oopsie.)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Sometimes the babies get stuck- frozen *they won't move*... most of the time it's because it's almost time for them to potty *if they still wiggle like normal* so they might need to wait or try the cake.. :)

If the baby isn't moving, Sometimes I would delete the baby- Save first, delete baby with MOO and then save, go to neighborhood view and then back into the lot.

The baby will drop down right next to the mailbox and be okay- if it's cold have mom or dad run out there and get them. That's if the baby is stuck.
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    Well, I haven't seen immobile babies yet. The adults are able & all-too-willing to pick them up, then put them down over & over again & the babies wave their arms around, etc. Thanks for the tip, should my infants ever (goodness forbid) get stuck so badly.
  • thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    edited October 2015
    This happens to me sometimes. It's always with the toddler stage though. They blow out the candles and just.... sit there. It's sooo annoying.

EDIT: Apparently you aren't the only one. Posting because the reply contains possibly helpful advice (the bed thing)
    hrnpVF8_zpsgdbp3vy6.png

(found this on modthesims)
    Post edited by thankucatgod on
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    AMariseS wrote: »
    Well, I haven't seen immobile babies yet. The adults are able & all-too-willing to pick them up, then put them down over & over again & the babies wave their arms around, etc. Thanks for the tip, should my infants ever (goodness forbid) get stuck so badly.

Yes, the family still pick them up- it's when the babies don't move when laying there. That's why they put them back down- either they have to potty, are too tired, or are stuck. :)