Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Really Good Thing on Maxis's Part

The Gallery. It makes it so much easier to get other people's creations into your game. I;d say it's a big improvement since sharing in past games was always a hassle.
Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
xyIcMqt.png

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah it is nice. Reminds me of the MTS site a little, just without the CC/mod aspect to it. There are some nice suggestions I've read to improve it are like outfit sharing.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Yeah, @SimGuruGraham Said that they may work on it in the future but not now. They are really improving its aspects though! Just hope that they fix the stealing problem.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I agree.

It'd be nice if they expanded upon it to allow players to share what they are doing in their games, post screenshots, and more of the sort without actually leaving the game itself.
  • Options
    @Sk8rblaze It would be nice. It could technically be a replacement for stories and make it easier to share them with others.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I agree, the gallery is nicely done. I also like how simple it is to quickly add a specific lot or sim to my game.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2015
    I would love a Story Sharing board where we don't have to host our pictures - Like TS2. TS3 was terrible about keeping the pictures and now TS4 doesn't even do any storyboards. :(

*Oops... I agree, it's nice and very easy. XD
  • Options
    KillerSynthKillerSynth Posts: 419 Member
    @Rflong7 Didn't TS3 completely stop it at one point?
  • Options
    @Rflong7 Didn't TS3 completely stop it at one point?

Recently or years ago?

They had a site mess up where it dumped a lot of pictures or somehow disconnected the pictures to the stories (we had to keep the pictures or the story would go blank) which messed up all the Stories. :(
  • Options
    Years ago, I thought I read somewhere it got shut down.
    That sucks for the people who put stories up. :( Hopefully something like that comes in The Gallery for players. :)@Rflong7 :cookie:
  • Options
    It was plum... I never put up another story (that's my excuse for not finishing my Legacy :blush: ) XD
  • Options
    LOL.. <3
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited October 2015
    instead to remake a sims game into an MMO & to make that failed SimsSocial attempt,
    they should have designed the Gallery from the beginning with way more options to share any creation with other users
    cause that's the actual online aspect of that game

i was very surprised that there was no option to share the outfits, not even to save them for my own use

Rflong7 wrote: »
    I would love a Story Sharing board where we don't have to host our pictures - Like TS2. TS3 was terrible about keeping the pictures and now TS4 doesn't even do any storyboards. :(
    i had on the TS3 blog then made some entries with pictures of my sims, now it's all gone unfortunately
    the exchange is in general such an important part of sims & somehow the devs don't get all that really well functioning
    after 15 years one could think that someone from the devs could have gathered enough experience how not to do things
    but all those people with experience are probably gone meantime & the newly hired invent the wheel with every new iteration anew, squeaking

the idea of this game has so much potential & the results scratch just the surface
    i hope i won't be dead by the time when TheSims franchise becomes what it actually should be
    or maybe they just bury it all despite all that potential, who knows ...

---
    so the disagree button is gone again, wow :joy:
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options

---
    so the disagree button is gone again, wow :joy:

You missed the thread? I thought you were on there at some point.

Anyway, if they did plan the Gallery out from the beginning, I'm sure that it would be something amazing. I think it's one aspect of this game that a lot of people take for granted. When I tried to get something from The Exchange to add to one of the worlds I'm playing, I realized how clunky it was. This streamlined approach makes it so much better and easier, so people are actually more inclined to share their creations, which adds to the community as a whole!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I agree that the Gallery is easy. Very easy.

I do not like being limited as to the pictures used to promote a lot or a sim. I hope a UIC for TS4 will be a thing.
    Can you link directly to an asset? Or do you have to go to a users page and search for it?