Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scriptmods and Mods

BridgetStylesBridgetStyles Posts: 36 New Member
Is there a difference between Mods and Scriptmods because i have tried to install mods but they show up in the CC section in the start up, i have been trying to play with mods (in sims 3 & 4) for over a year and i have never gotten them to work.

Comments

• Options
    CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    Basically, there are 3 different file types that Sims 4 mods use; .package, .ts4script, and the slightly more complicated "zipped script".

.package and .ts4script files are simple, they just go either directly into the Mods folder, or into a subfolder, and they should work peachy.

Now, the "zipped script" mods can be tricky. They can come in different fashions, one of them being a .zip file containing one or more files ending in .py, .pyc, .pyo, or something similar. If that's the case, then that entire .zip file goes directly into your Mods folder, and not in a subfolder.

Sometimes, a "zipped script" mod can also come with a .package file as well. In such cases, you'll usually get a .zip or .rar file that contains the .package file and another .zip file. Then, you'll want to put the .package file either directly into your Mods folder or in a subfolder, and the "inner" .zip file directly into your Mods folder, not in a subfolder.

I hope this clears things up a bit at least, I'm not the best at explaining things.
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    > @Cloudseeker said:
    > Basically, there are 3 different file types that Sims 4 mods use; .package, .ts4script, and the slightly more complicated "zipped script".
    >
    > .package and .ts4script files are simple, they just go either directly into the Mods folder, or into a subfolder, and they should work peachy.
    >
    > Now, the "zipped script" mods can be tricky. They can come in different fashions, one of them being a .zip file containing one or more files ending in .py, .pyc, .pyo, or something similar. If that's the case, then that entire .zip file goes directly into your Mods folder, and not in a subfolder.
    >
    > Sometimes, a "zipped script" mod can also come with a .package file as well. In such cases, you'll usually get a .zip or .rar file that contains the .package file and another .zip file. Then, you'll want to put the .package file either directly into your Mods folder or in a subfolder, and the "inner" .zip file directly into your Mods folder, not in a subfolder.
    >
    > I hope this clears things up a bit at least, I'm not the best at explaining things.

Thank you this is very helpful! but my real problem is when i put a .package mod into my Mods folder, it doesnt work and shows up as CC ;/
  • Options
    CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    Hmm, but if it shows up in the CC list when you start the game, that means that the game has recognized and loaded the mod, so it should work. What mod is it?
    34in38k.png
  • Options
    > @Cloudseeker said:
    > Hmm, but if it shows up in the CC list when you start the game, that means that the game has recognized and loaded the mod, so it should work. What mod is it?

I tried installing a teen pregnancy mod
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    > @Cloudseeker said:
    > Hmm, but if it shows up in the CC list when you start the game, that means that the game has recognized and loaded the mod, so it should work. What mod is it?

I tried installing a teen pregnancy mod

Many mods are no longer compatible with the game code. Check the discussion areas where you get your mods, especially recent discussion.

That particular mod can't be discussed on these forums; see the forum rules.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Feedinghissheep3Feedinghissheep3 Posts: 92 Member
    Is there a difference between Mods and Scriptmods because i have tried to install mods but they show up in the CC section in the start up, i have been trying to play with mods (in sims 3 & 4) for over a year and i have never gotten them to work.

try installing Mod Manger from MTS and this will all be eliminated. it doesn't use the resource.cfg to install and Mod Manager places each file in it's proper place....no guesswork! hth! i love it! ;
  • Options
    Feedinghissheep3Feedinghissheep3 Posts: 92 Member
    sorry, meant to say Mod Manager
  • Options
    > @Feedinghissheep3 said:
    > BridgetStyles wrote: »
    >
    > Is there a difference between Mods and Scriptmods because i have tried to install mods but they show up in the CC section in the start up, i have been trying to play with mods (in sims 3 & 4) for over a year and i have never gotten them to work.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > try installing Mod Manger from MTS and this will all be eliminated. it doesn't use the resource.cfg to install and Mod Manager places each file in it's proper place....no guesswork! hth! i love it! ;

Thanks! Ill definitely try it!
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Mod Manger is the Christmas version.
  • Options
    quankvisquankvis Posts: 1 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > BridgetStyles wrote: »
    >
    > > @Cloudseeker said:
    > > Hmm, but if it shows up in the CC list when you start the game, that means that the game has recognized and loaded the mod, so it should work. What mod is it?
    >
    > I tried installing a teen pregnancy mod
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Many mods are no longer compatible with the game code. Check the discussion areas where you get your mods, especially recent discussion.
    >
    > That particular mod can't be discussed on these forums; see the forum rules.

Maybe you are Vietnamese, you are like a person on a cloud down to earth
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    They're supposed to show up in the CC section. I know it's weird, but it's what's supposed to happen.
    funny-gifs20.gif