Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandraelle's D.N.A. Team Contact Thread

Comments

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @Emily4331 , have another question for you here.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Sandraelle Just the blackjack table and slots :smile:
    Post edited by Emily4331 on
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @Sandraelle Just the blackjack table and slots :smile:

Okie doke, thank you.
    @Emily4331 , just popping to give you an update on your resort. Just need to playtest some more and do pictures, so I should have it ready for you before the week is over.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Sandraelle awesome! Can't wait.
    edited November 2018
    @Emily4331 , your resort is ready to play. Download link and pictures are posted on our dna thread here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16847499/#Comment_16847499

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized that I used a store column in the build. If you don't have the glass flowers column from the Luxe Lounge Spa set (https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:38592), it can easily be replaced with one of the other columns.
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Hi @Sandraelle!!!! Thank you so much for taking on my request - I am so excited to see the final product :) Please find my answers to your questions below. As always, take as much time as you need - I am in no rush. I do work a full time job during the week so I will do my best to answer any questions you may have ASAP but there may be small delays at times. I look forward to hearing from you and am so very excited to see what you come up with - thank you again!!

Sandraelle wrote: »
    QUESTIONS REGARDING CURRENT REQUEST

****Bookmarking this thread while I am creating for you should help insure that you receive notifications.****

Questions for @a_niles06

12/1/18

Just a few questions for you before I get started.

1. Since you asked for car parking, would you prefer a carport, a garage or just two parking spaces somewhere on the lot? I would be fine with just a couple of parking spaces somewhere. No need to use a bunch of space for a garage.
    2. Do you want the interiors to look more modern day or are you going for a little medieval looking? More medieval looking but I'm open to anything that looks that looks well/fits with the design of the house. If there are some more modern pieces that you want to use that's absolutely fine.
    3. Do you want all the modern day conveniences in the home, like washer and dryer, microwave, tv's, computers, etc? Yes, those things are fine. I don't have any special requests for those things aside from at least one TV and one computer. Beyond that feel free to include/exclude whatever you'd like. Laundry objects are not a requirement but if you are itching to build a laundry room, go for it!
    4. What kind of sims will be living in this house, e.g., humans, witches, fairies etc? The couple I have planned for it to start with are humans - kids may marry other types of sims down the line but I can always adjust as needed. Building for humans is fine.
    5. For the horse stable, do you want it in a barn or just open in the backyard? I think just open in the backyard is fine - again, if you have an idea in mind for a barn you are more than welcome to build one and do whatever you'd like, but I have no preference and am fine with it just open in the backyard. Also, they will not be training the horse to do the tricks and such so I don't need any of those training obstacles in the yard.
    6. Do you want anything else in the backyard besides a big area for your horse? Like a pool or hot tub, bbq area, etc? Hmm...honestly I hadn't even thought of this!! I don't need any sort of bbq area or anything like that, however a small pool might be nice if there's enough room. If it takes away too much of the horse's yard then don't worry about that at all but if there's space I would love a small pool area :)

I think that's it for now until I get into building it, lol. Have a good day!

ezgif_com_resize.gif

@a_niles06 , thank you so much for your quick response, this helps very much and I can't wait to get started. Off to think of a floor plan! :)
    @a_niles06 , I have a couple more questions here. Thanks!
    edited December 2018

Questions for @a_niles06

12/8/18

1. I have an extra room on the 2nd floor. Would you like me to make it a rec room, a gym, art room, play room, or something else or would you like it to remain unfurnished and you can make it what you want? There's already a study/library space and a computer space. Hmm...great question! I think either a rec room or a play room would be great. Rec room would probably serve a more long term purpose as others aside from just children would find use in it, so I'd probably lean toward that. Maybe a combination of the two if there's enough room?
    2. Just want to confirm, you just need one horse stall, correct? Yes just one is fine.
    3. Do you want me to post work in progress pictures to be sure I'm on the right track, or do you want to be surprised at the end? Surprise me! I will love whatever you come up with :)
    4. Do you own these store sets? Provence and Once Upon a Time Cottage..... Wanted to use a chair and a wall light. I do not have either set but I have a bunch of simpoints lying around so if you tell me the pieces you want to use I'd be happy to purchase them!

ezgif_com_resize.gif

a_niles06 wrote: »

Questions for @a_niles06

12/8/18

1. I have an extra room on the 2nd floor. Would you like me to make it a rec room, a gym, art room, play room, or something else or would you like it to remain unfurnished and you can make it what you want? There's already a study/library space and a computer space. Hmm...great question! I think either a rec room or a play room would be great. Rec room would probably serve a more long term purpose as others aside from just children would find use in it, so I'd probably lean toward that. Maybe a combination of the two if there's enough room?
    2. Just want to confirm, you just need one horse stall, correct? Yes just one is fine.
    3. Do you want me to post work in progress pictures to be sure I'm on the right track, or do you want to be surprised at the end? Surprise me! I will love whatever you come up with :)
    4. Do you own these store sets? Provence and Once Upon a Time Cottage..... Wanted to use a chair and a wall light. I do not have either set but I have a bunch of simpoints lying around so if you tell me the pieces you want to use I'd be happy to purchase them!

@a_niles06 , thanks so much for answering my questions, this helps alot. I hope I'm on the right track with the style. It's along the Tudor Revival style. :)
    @a_niles06 , Just wanted to let you know that I am plugging along on your build request and making good progress. I have another question for you here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14153998/#Comment_14153998
    edited December 2018

Questions for @a_niles06

12/19/18

1. For the gender neutral kids' bedrooms, I was thinking of making one a nursery and the other an older child's room. Would that be ok, or did you want both rooms with twin beds in them? That would be fine to have one a nursery and one for an older child. I think that'd be preferred, actually! :)
    2. If you're wanting the nursery, did you by chance own the changing table? Yes, I do own the changing table!

ezgif_com_resize.gif

a_niles06 wrote: »

Questions for @a_niles06

12/19/18

1. For the gender neutral kids' bedrooms, I was thinking of making one a nursery and the other an older child's room. Would that be ok, or did you want both rooms with twin beds in them? That would be fine to have one a nursery and one for an older child. I think that'd be preferred, actually! :)
    2. If you're wanting the nursery, did you by chance own the changing table? Yes, I do own the changing table!

@a_niles06 , Ok great! Thanks so much for your prompt response.

P.S. I was able to give you a separate rec room and found another spot to add in a little playroom, so they didn't have to be combined in the same space. :)
    edited December 2018
    @a_niles06 , Whew, I was trying to get you your house done before the holidays and almost didn't make it, but it is finished. Download link and lots of pictures are on our dna thread here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16886353/#Comment_16886353

I had the space to enclose the two parking spots in a carport so the cars won't be shown from the street. And I gave you a few extra things, like an extra powder room on the first floor, separate rec room for the adults and separate play room and the kids have a ladder up to a reading loft, and since I had the room, a fire pit and a small kids' play area. I put the one horse stall in a small barn and I think your horse should have plenty of space to play in the yard.

I will send you a message listing the store items I used in case you need to purchase any of them.

Happy Holidays, and hope you like it.
  • tacerareid223tacerareid223 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Sandraelle said:
    > QUESTIONS REGARDING CURRENT REQUEST
    >
    > ****Bookmarking this thread while I am creating for you should help insure that you receive notifications.****
    >
    > Questions for @xnicholas12
    >
    > 01/04/18
    >
    > Since there were no real life photos for the new floor plan, what style were you wanting to go with for this house? It's a European style house, so I was thinking more dark cabinetry and furniture rather than the whites that were pictured in your first choice traditional house.
    >
    > Were you wanting it to look similar to the decor pictured in this home? /www.archivaldesigns.com/home-plans/cuore-di-leone-house-plan
    >
    > or do you see any rooms you like in this one?
    > /www.archivaldesigns.com/home-plans/cordillera-house-plan-0
    >
    > or this one?
    > //www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/82617438_zpid/globalrelevanceex_sort/33.904402,-84.380579,33.808892,-84.528208_rect/12_zm/
    >
    > But if you find individual pictures of rooms you like, please be sure to post them on this thread as soon as you can. Thanks.

I like your idea of the dark furniture and the European style @Sandraelle
    > xnicholas12 @Sandrella sorry helping my friend set up a request and accidently used her account to comment lol im tired
    > > @Sandraelle said:
    > > QUESTIONS REGARDING CURRENT REQUEST
    > >
    > > ****Bookmarking this thread while I am creating for you should help insure that you receive notifications.****
    > >
    > > Questions for @xnicholas12
    > >
    > > 01/04/18
    > >
    > > Since there were no real life photos for the new floor plan, what style were you wanting to go with for this house? It's a European style house, so I was thinking more dark cabinetry and furniture rather than the whites that were pictured in your first choice traditional house.
    > >
    > > Were you wanting it to look similar to the decor pictured in this home? /www.archivaldesigns.com/home-plans/cuore-di-leone-house-plan
    > >
    > > or do you see any rooms you like in this one?
    > > /www.archivaldesigns.com/home-plans/cordillera-house-plan-0
    > >
    > > or this one?
    > > //www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/82617438_zpid/globalrelevanceex_sort/33.904402,-84.380579,33.808892,-84.528208_rect/12_zm/
    > >
    > > But if you find individual pictures of rooms you like, please be sure to post them on this thread as soon as you can. Thanks.
    >
    > I like your idea of the dark furniture and the European style @Sandraelle
    @xnicholas12 , ok....I was wondering at first when I saw the user name. Ok, I will use dark furniture. You usually provide inspiration photos of rooms you like, but did you want me to decorate it however I want this time?
    > @Sandraelle said:
    > @xnicholas12 , ok....I was wondering at first when I saw the user name. Ok, I will use dark furniture. You usually provide inspiration photos of rooms you like, but did you want me to decorate it however I want this time?

@sandella yes
    edited January 2019
    @xnicholas12 , I have a question for you here. Thanks.
  • xnicholas12xnicholas12 Posts: 68 Member
    > @Sandraelle said:
    > QUESTIONS REGARDING CURRENT REQUEST
    >
    > ****Bookmarking this thread while I am creating for you should help insure that you receive notifications.****
    >
    > Questions for @xnicholas12
    >
    > 01/14/18
    >
    > Besides the master and guest bedroom, there are 4 other bedrooms in this house (there's a storage room on the 2nd floor but I made this an extra bedroom). Do you know what ages/genders these rooms will be for, or just do a mix? And do you need a nursery? yes can I please have a nursery and can I have a mix please
    >
    >
    > 01/04/18
    >
    > Since there were no real life photos for the new floor plan, what style were you wanting to go with for this house? It's a European style house, so I was thinking more dark cabinetry and furniture rather than the whites that were pictured in your first choice traditional house.
    >
    > Were you wanting it to look similar to the decor pictured in this home? //www.archivaldesigns.com/home-plans/cuore-di-leone-house-plan
    >
    > or do you see any rooms you like in this one?
    > /www.archivaldesigns.com/home-plans/cordillera-house-plan-0
    >
    > or this one?
    > //www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/82617438_zpid/globalrelevanceex_sort/33.904402,-84.380579,33.808892,-84.528208_rect/12_zm/
    >
    > But if you find individual pictures of rooms you like, please be sure to post them on this thread as soon as you can. Thanks.
    @xnicholas12 , ok I'll mix it up and also put in a nursery. Thanks.
    @xnicholas12 , Just giving you an update to let you know that I'm nearing the end so it shouldn't be too much longer. I know you said I could use anything from the store, but do you want a list of what I've used (in case you don't have something)?
  • xnicholas12xnicholas12 Posts: 68 Member
    > @Sandraelle said:
    > @xnicholas12 , Just giving you an update to let you know that I'm nearing the end so it shouldn't be too much longer. I know you said I could use anything from the store, but do you want a list of what I've used (in case you don't have something)? Hey yes please give me a list
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @Sandraelle, Sussex Manor is such a wonderful build! Love the architecture for the exterior home, open air garage and barn. The grounds are beautifully done, especially love the sunken pool area. Gorgeous elegant yet comfy interiors! Rec'd and Faved this Beauty! :blush:

Oh My Gosh! What a Fabulous collaboration by you three Awesome ladies!
    Romagi1, the shell is Gorgeous! Love the mix of white with the darker brick. The out buildings are all so very Cool! B)
    @Sandraelle, the interiors are Beautifully done! Love the cozy feel of the whole home. The window ledge in the sunroom is so pretty! Especially love your mooed piano and those awesome angled ceilings upstairs. SO wish we could do that in S4!!
    Soocoolsim, your landscaping is a dream! Gorgeous walkways, drive and the gardens... Just so Gorgeous! I especially love the one off the back of the main house. That little pond tucked in there is so cool.

Fantastic work ladies!! <3<3<3