Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 008 - Rules

Comments

• MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    @MocaJava Yayy congrats!!! Glad you are done. I will be following Randolphs Blood line in your other challenge. :) In my next update to the Rosebud challenge I have a feeling that someone is going to have a child...we shall see. :)

Drifter Challenge wise I have a few chapters written waiting to release. Things are looking up in that challenge. I am determined to get it done while on a break from work but today was a bad day due to my dogs having their teeth cleaned. Took our time and now I have to sit with them because they don't feel well. I still have all day tomorrow though. :)

Oh gosh I almost forgot about your Rosebud challenge...looking at it now. Aww Randolf's lady is so cute! Wow my heart actually hurt seeing Randolf again, I fell a bit in love with that fellow.

• Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Chapter 4 is up. Link: https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/10/13/4-working-hard-and-living-the-dream/

Breadcrumb:

4. Working Hard and Living the Dream?
    Jacob worked so hard at being a little artist prodigy. I think he has real talent. We started hanging his pictures on the little wall.
    WisVGxk.png
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Nice update Glimmer! I can hardly wait to see who you adopt next!
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    @MocaJava & @Glimmer50 Thank-u so much 4 the links 2 those mods...they look great!
    I haven't installed any mods into my game yet..but these r so tempting LOL I do have quite a bit of CC tho...TSR wrangled me in :wink:

Off 2 read blog updates!!

@MacaJava GRATZ on completion of The Drifter Challenge House 008!!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited October 2015
    Chapter 5 is up: Link: https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/10/14/5-a-day-at-the-park/

Breadcrumb

5. A Day at the Park
    Life was hard but you know what? I was glad I adopted these children because they worked hard to be the best they could be. I was proud of each and every one of them. Jacob continued his childhood aspiration and started playing the violin.
    9oFMuMq.png

Authors note: When you get done reading this one, and you will see what I mean at the end...but she really was gone. I was afraid the game was glitched and we lost her.
    Post edited by Glimmer50 on
    Great update Glimmer! I left you a comment on your blog. :)
    tammyjo329 wrote: »
    Great update Glimmer! I left you a comment on your blog. :)

Thank you @tammyjo329 and anyone else reading my blog. Much appreciated.

Chapter 6 is up. Link is here: https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/10/15/6-day-after-the-park/

6. Day After the Park
    When we got home from the park, after spending most of the day and night looking for Mikayla, we were exhausted so we all decided to sleep in.
    3qntu8E.png
    Chapter 7 is up: Link: https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/10/16/7-the-banks-finally-get-a-house/

Breadcrumb:

7. The Banks Finally Get a House
    Yesireee, we were a happy little family. Just a hugging and a kissing and loving each other. It was wonderful even though we still had no house we were happy. Mikayla being the little social butterfly that she is just HAD to make another friend. I mean she would NOT leave us alone. So, like most parents, we did the sensible thing and just gave in. So off to the park we went AGAIN.

Mikayla met this little girl. Her name is Halle. Isn’t she cute?
    uEiWOkw.png
    Chapter 8 is up: https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/10/17/8-moving-in-and-birthdays/
    8. Moving in and Birthdays
    It took us all day but we finally got moved in. I love our new house but it feels so huge after being on the lawn forever and a day.

Right after we got settled in, Whitney insisted that everyone had to get their homework done. So, she started right in on helping Jacob out.

re9292g.png

Hey Glimmer! Great update, the house is looking good. You will have it decorated and furnished in no time I bet! How exciting a nooboo on the way. Congrats!
    Thanks @tammjo329 Chapter 9 is up: https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/10/24/9-aging-up-and-noo-boo/

9. Aging Up and Noo Boo

Pregnancy was not the easiest thing for Whitney to deal with. She was sick for a while but then suddenly out of no where she began to feel better and was a whirl wind of activity.

She helped Jacob with his homework.
    EpiI1cH.png
    I keep thinking about this and wonder if anyone else noticed this about their adopted kids and their heir's spouse. Mine were all adopted before Glenda got married and when they grew up they were able to have romantic interactions with Glenda's husband. I guess since they weren't related by blood the game doesn't think of them as family...kind of sad :/
    edited October 2015
    I haven't noticed any flirting or weird interactions between the adopted kids and Whitney. Jacob was adopted before Whitney came along but there has never been anything going on between them. I haven't tried the romantic interactions though either. @Mocajava I will check into the romantic stuff and see. Maybe it is good I don't have autonomous whoo hoo turned on right now LOL. I do have risky on though.

I am almost done with this challenge. I came within a hairs breathe of failing this one....seriously, so dang close- I am talking Sim hours away. It would have seriously s.ucked to have failed that close. I was holding my breath let me tell you.

You will see when you read my almost last entry in Chapter 10 which hasn't been released yet. I am just waiting for the teen to become a YA and this one is done.
    I am almost done with this challenge. I came within a hairs breathe of failing this one....seriously, so dang close- I am talking Sim hours away. It would have seriously s.ucked to have failed that close. I was holding my breath let me tell you.
    I'm actually glad 2 hear that this was quite the challenge...I don't wanna' b making these house mini-challenges 2 hard in the grand scheme of things yanno?! Off 2 read your latest update =)

rXyqmuX.jpg
    I didn't see them actually flirting, but romantic interactions were available to use and that bugged me...I mean, this guy was the only father they ever knew. Anyway looking forward to the next challenge, will probably be sending Damon off to this house tomorrow!
    Okay I finished the challenge. I uploaded my house. My last chapter is up for House 008. Sorry no bread crumbs today. I have no time. But here is a link: https://glimmersims.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/10-wrapping-it-all-up/
    Vihisha wrote: »
    I'm actually glad 2 hear that this was quite the challenge...I don't wanna' b making these house mini-challenges 2 hard in the grand scheme of things yanno?! Off 2 read your latest update =)

I think part of the reason this one was harder for me to complete was partly due to the fact that I give my Sims a command and they just stand around for a few minutes before they act on it. The mod I have helps but still, everything takes longer to do when your Sim just stands there and you have to wait for the command to come out of the queue.

Also, it seemed like it took me forever to get from level 7 to 8 and then again from 9-10. Either way, this was a fun challenge and I am glad I completed it. If you read my last chapter you will see why I was freaking out LOL.
    Nice update Glimmer! Damon is now in this house and since I'm off today I've been playing a lot. He's got his 3 adopted kids and his boyfriend he met at work has moved in...just waiting for his next promotion then they'll get married and try for a baby.
    edited October 2015
    Thanks @MocaJava Good Luck with the challenge. It is fun having all the kids but don't let it sidetrack from your job. :) Easy to do if your spouse doesn't do much. Whitney helped out about as much as you see in my blog. Every time she did I took a picture because it wasn't often so it can be hard to work and take care of all the kids ...plus Whitney had no job and she was ambitious so bad mood off and on from no job didn't help.

As usual though this one is fun. I can't believe we are on House 008- generation 8 if you count the founder. Longest I have ever played one family. Interesting to see that my heir looks almost exactly like Dawson, cleft chin and all. Very strange how those genetics come back later. Maybe you will get more of the ugly than you think.
    The heir has arrived! Zayne went into labor right after Damon got home from work, so good timing on that.
    4NV8mOR.jpg

Damon of course did the traditional Dance of the New Dad
    KrFSgeN.jpg

And an heir is born! Welcome little Zelda!
    71G65W8.jpg
    As usual though this one is fun. I can't believe we are on House 008- generation 8 if you count the founder. Longest I have ever played one family. Interesting to see that my heir looks almost exactly like Dawson, cleft chin and all. Very strange how those genetics come back later.
    I just so happy that The Drifter Challenge has done as well as it has...& continues 2 bring in new Drifters 2 play!!! :smiley:

rXyqmuX.jpg
    @MocaJava Gratz on baby Zelda! Great name choice :smile:
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @MocaJava Congrats on baby Zelda. I love the baby clothes..how cute. You keep having girls and I keep having boys LOL. You are moving right along with this one. :)
    Thank you @Vihisha!
    @MocaJava Congrats on baby Zelda. I love the baby clothes..how cute. You keep having girls and I keep having boys LOL. You are moving right along with this one. :)

I had to get some CC baby clothes, I was so tired of that blasted onesie. Here's Zelda as a child:
    E86do4O.png
    Seems to have at least some of her dad's jawline, we'll see when she becomes a teen. I'll post pictures of everyone once she ages up.

So I've got 2 boys and 2 girls in this household...the boys (who are the two oldest) are miserable right now, one is a loner and the other hates children and the house is pretty cramped as I'm still building up money. Lots of yelling and angry poops :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top