Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recommended mods for improved game play.

AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
edited October 2015 in General Mods Discussion
Hello everyone. I decided to make a post that I could include in my signature to help others who may be looking for mods to help improve their game play. Now, these mods may not fit with everyone else's play style, but they certainly help me a lot and I thought they might also help some like minded individual(s)

Here is a list of some of the things I enjoy in my Sims 4 play:
  • Family play
  • Non-linear play / things that aren't "scripted"
  • Control
  • Rotation

Note: Remember to back up your saves before installing mods, enable script mods in your game options, and to take your mods folder out before you update your game. Always keep your mods up to date.

Script and Core mods

2citdt_th.jpgMC Command Center by Deaderpool
Here are a few of the things I use this mod for: (It does much more than I'll list, so please go check it out).
  • Pausing upon loading into a new area or save.
  • Killing sims
  • Deleting Sim
  • Changing townie outfits without entering cas
  • Allowing my townies to get married or have children without me having to do it myself
  • "Scanning" pregnancy information "how many babies, gender, ect"
  • Pregnancy termination
  • Population control; Who gets generated, who doesn't
  • No culling
  • Syncing married names
  • Stop, speed up, or slow down relationship decay
2citdt_th.jpgNo/lesser Relationship Decay by Mgomez
    -You can edit it as you see fit. I personally use 0,0 but the "default" is 30, 30 I believe.
    • You can now just use MC Command Center
    2citdt_th.jpgNo pregnancy if abducted / no alien abductions (GTW) by Claudiasharon
    • Self explanatory.
    2citdt_th.jpgDoor locking mod by Scumbumbo
    • I realize that the Sims 4 now has it's own door locking capabilities in vanilla, but I use this mod for the added "depth".

Miscellaneous

2rgm3k6_th.jpgNo Autonomous Rude/Flirty/Enchanting Introductions by egureh
    • Anything that helps decreases autonomous relationships is welcome to me.
    2rgm3k6_th.jpgNo Intro by Simser der Deutschen
    • Removes the intro when launching the game

Overrides

rid7ix_th.pngTeen Homework Fix by Scumbumbo
    • Teenage sims in my game leave their home work around the house instead of putting it back into their inventory, this mod remedies that.
    rid7ix_th.pngLess/No Good/Bad Surroundings Buffs By Doctorchillgood
    • I use this mod to get rid of the happy moodlet that sims receive from having a well decorated home. This helps it so the sims feel various emotions and are not always just "happy" because of how well their home is decorated.
    rid7ix_th.pngNo Free Snacks by Newtoongamer
    • Makes it so quick meals cost money
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
    Post edited by Ayumap on

Comments

• AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
      Saving space in case I need it at a later date.
      2m60a6q.jpg
      *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
      A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
    • Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
      Sul Ayumap thank you so much for sharing this :smile:

One question though, is the Less/Good Surrounding Mod by DrChillgood still functional till now? I used it before but took it out because the good doctor stated that his mods are incompatible after GTW was released

Again thanks for sharing, Happy Simming :smiley:
      EfTVMcj.jpg
      "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
    • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
      edited October 2015
      @Rojo De Guy Sul sul. :)

I've never ran into any issues with this mod. I use the "no good surroundings" version, I don't like the happiness moodlet from having a home well furnished and I have yet to see it not work. What I mean is; i dont get the enviorment + (happy) moodlet. So yes, as far as i know the mod still functions as intended.

Here's a staged room I just set up just to make sure:
      1zcfvgn.jpg

I kept things to just base game + GTW for this instance, but haven't noticed even other packs causing any issues.
      Photo: +4 environment
      Plant: + 4 environment

And I'm glad to share, happy simming to you as well. :)
      2m60a6q.jpg
    • Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
      Awesome! :smiley:

thanks for the response now my Gloomy Sims can actually experience the sad emotion in his decent, moderately decorated home for once :sweat:

Better backup my saves just in case to test it out

Again vadish @Ayumap
      EfTVMcj.jpg
      "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
    • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
      here something I have Tried and it works ( go to Documents then Electronic Arts then the sims 4 folder) right click or lift click on the file name localthumbcache and make a read only (when play the game IT DOES NOT GET ANY BIGGER) it work for me thank you