Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Land Rich Cash Poor: Hooch & Lacey

AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
edited October 2015 in The Sims 2
If you don't know what this is all about, check out the story I've already started: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/781354/the-land-rich-cash-poor-challenge-help-me-keep-the-sims-2-alive/p1

Here's our new contestants:
snapshot_0317800e_4317896a.jpg
"The name's Hooch. I've pretty much been a mountain man all my life. I love fishin', huntin', and pretty much anything that will get my hands dirty. As for why I'm doing this it goes without sayin' that I'm born to live a free as a squirrel and I want to own my own land so's I can raise a huge family and hopefully see them all married off one day. I'm a Scorpio, not that I believe in any of that nonsense. What kinda partner am I hoping for, well, I'd like it if she's a sassy redhead, strong ox, but not one of those purse toting, makeup wearin' city girls."
snapshot_0317800e_83178992.jpg
"Hi, I'm Lacey. I'm not just your typical girly-girl. Why am I here? I'm tougher than I look and really want to make it and prove just that to everyone. My sign is Libra, can't you tell? What kind of guy am I hoping that they'll put with me? I just love a guy with glasses, I think its from watching Clark Kent, you know, Superman's Alter Ego! I just love him! And, someone that likes to dress up in a tux every now and then. Oh, I just hope he's clean shaven there's nothing worse than an itchy beard. But, tell you the truth I hope we fall madly in love with one another because I want to have about dozen children. Six to be exact, and I just can't wait to see them grow up and get married."

This Land Rich Cash Poor challenge created by TreyNutz. Two other sims have braved the elements and have now made a nice life with each other in the Andrick mountains. So, why not these two? Things are going to be a bit different this time. I'm changing the rules around to spice things up. For one thing after the first year the aging stays on, so, if these two want to fulfill their LTW of marrying off 6 kids, they're going to learn to like each other and fast. Secondly, the LRCP Association has decided that it is going to choose how when and things open up. So, each new season we'll determine what new item getting opened up by luck of the draw.

First day of Summer & Autumn items:

1. Phone services - all options on the phone except grocery and food delivery are permitted, provided you have a phone

2. Public transportation - sims can travel via taxi anywhere, make purchases at non-owned community lots, except purchase groceries or eat at restaurants.

3. Driveway installation - doesn't count for the item per day limit.

4. - Speedy courier delivery of craft bench supplies - Sims can use craft benches to produce goods. You can't sell them from the bench or inventory though. You can only sell crafted items on a community lot.

5. - Road/highway upgrades - doubles the number of items per day you can buy/sell. This can be unlocked multiple times.

6. Snow Tires, Plows - the first time you unlock this, items can be delivered during winter except when there is enough snow on the ground to make snowmen/snow angles. The second time you unlock this, deliveries can be made all throughout winter according to the trucks normal schedule.

7. Downtown/Shopping District opening - sims can purchase a community lot. Ideally in a downtown or shopping district sub-neighborhood, but if loading times are an issue for your computer you can purchase a community lot in the main neighborhood.

First day of each new season:

1.phones (land and cell)
2. televisions (opened)
3. radios
4. computers
5. garden sprinklers
6. stoves/cooktops (opened)
7. burglar alarms
8. fire alarms
9. ladybug lofts
10. fruit trees
11. aspiration rewards (except the ReNuYu Senso Orb and the weather machine)
12. 2 career rewards - use boolprop to give your sims any two career rewards you like. These are not subject to the 2 item per day rule. This can only be used once.

Post edited by AthenaOnyx on

Comments

• AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    snapshot_0317800e_c31789bf.jpg
    Hooch: "When I first saw Lacey, I thought, that's it I'm dead."
    snapshot_0317800e_e3178aa6.jpg
    Lacey: "My first impression of Hooch? I thought he looked...rather interesting."

Hooch: "What's what is what... we're just going have to get down to business. The fish ain't going catch themselves."
    snapshot_0317800e_c3178b91.jpg
    Lacey: "I started to fish, while Hooch did the gardening."
    Hooch: "I have to say I was pleasantly surprised when that girl baited her own hook."

Hooch: "But, slipped so many times I was beginning to worry about her. Probably those dang heels."
    snapshot_0317800e_831794a2.jpg
    snapshot_0317800e_831794b8.jpg
    Lacey: "I fell, it hurt, but I just got right back up did it again."

Lacey: "Look, my first fish!"
    snapshot_0317800e_03179316.jpg
    Hooch: "Looky there, my first sprout."
    snapshot_0317800e_a3179439.jpg
    snapshot_0317800e_c3179583.jpg
    Hooch: "After I had my tomatoes planted, I decided to join her, but as I picked up my rod and reel I couldn't help but think why did they put me with such a homely woman?"

Lacey: "When the truck came we bought a fridge and grill. We'll have to have a counter before we can cook the fish though."
    snapshot_0317800e_a31797de.jpg
    Hooch: "Dogs are pretty good...no counters necessary."
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    That's one mighty beard Hooch has there lol.

Interesting story. Can't wait to see what happens next.
    That's one mighty beard Hooch has there lol.

Interesting story. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Thank you. I actually feel a bit sorry for Lacey because of that beard!
    edited October 2015
    Lacey: "Last night I fell asleep on the hard, wet ground unaware of any wild animals that might be digging holes near my head.
    snapshot_0317800e_431b4951.jpg
    "and, in the morning remembered the horrors of the previous day."
    snapshot_0317800e_631b4aaa.jpg
    snapshot_0317800e_a31799d3.jpg
    snapshot_0317800e_631b45b9.jpg
    Hooch: "I tell ya there's some things a grow man shouldn't cry about and wettin' your pants is one of them. But, while I may be ashamed I have to be honest, I cried."
    snapshot_0317800e_231b4679.jpg
    "and we both stunk to high heaven."
    snapshot_0317800e_031b47ed.jpg

Hooch: "We had a little debate over what we should buy next 3 walls and toilet or 3 walls and a shower. In the end the shower won out so's it could at least keep us clean. We still had a few accidents but at least we could do something about them."
    snapshot_0317800e_431b4c61.jpg
    snapshot_0317800e_031b4dc7.jpg
    Lacey: "But, with our comfort so low it was still hard to do our work."

Hooch: "With a little patience we could do something gardenin,' but fishin' was dagburn impossible."
    snapshot_0317800e_e31b4ff8.jpg
    Lacey: "When the truck came the next morning we were in a debacle."

Hooch: "Pret-a-near any 2 items we picked would put our lives at danger. We needed comfort to fish, but we needed a counter to cook the fish. We could buy a counter and a bed, but then we might not get our house built by winter. The decision we had to make was just plain awful."

Lacey: "It's pretty bad we you begin to consider a toilet a luxury item."
    snapshot_0317800e_431b52bb.jpg
    Hooch: "In the end, we decided on a bed and a counter because if we have any chance of surviving the winter we're gonna need to eat."
    snapshot_0317800e_c31b53f0.jpg
    Lacey: "If there's one nice thing I can say about Hooch, he's a gentleman and have the bed first."
    snapshot_0317800e_031b5475.jpg

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Uh, oh~ Conflict setup! I like it. :+1:
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Uh, oh~ Conflict setup! I like it. :+1:

Thank you! Me likes the drama too. As long as it stays the screen anyway.
    Lacey: "I was beginning to worry about Hooch. He was impossible to wake up and he slept throughout the night. I wished I could get him awake so that he could at least have his turn on the bed."
    snapshot_0317800e_c31b4a09.jpg
    "I have to admit even with the bed I was still pretty sore."
    snapshot_0317800e_031c2cf4.jpg
    "Since Hooch wasn't using it I decided to lay down for a moment to rest my eyes."
    snapshot_0317800e_231c2d51.jpg
    "Next thing I know it's morning, Hooch is still asleep, and with 3 days left in summer there's no way we're going to get the shelter built in time.
    snapshot_0317800e_831b5477.jpg
    "Plus, take a wild guess what I need to do."
    snapshot_0317800e_631c2e58.jpg
    "Behold, the porcelain throne... the greatest invention of all time."
    snapshot_0317800e_e31c2eea.jpg
    "I also sold a few fish and bought an easel. I hope Hooch doesn't mind that I made a few executive decisions while he was Rip Van Winkling it. But, for now I'm just glad I could pee, shower, and sleep in comfort."

Hooch. "I couldn't believe that I had slept for a day straight when I woke up, and we ruined our chances of having the shelter built. "It was nice taking a shower and havin' an actual toilet, but many of my tomatoes were dead, and our fish stock weren't what they needed to be.'
    snapshot_0317800e_831f33a3.jpg
    "To make matters even with all that sleep I got I still needed to go to bed."
    snapshot_0317800e_a3179493.jpg
    Lacey. "I made sure of one thing, if we die this winter it won't be from lack of fish."
    Oh, woow! I didn't know they would sleep so long on the ground. Poor guy. :smiley:
    Hooch. "A new day dawns, and we set out to finish the shelter. There's one day left in summer, and if it doesn't turn to winter before morning we'll make it."
    snapshot_0317800e_a31f3524.jpg
    "Ah, dagnabit! It turns out our bills are due today and weren't gonna have sell some fish to pay 'em. I suppose that's better than losing one of our precious objects."
    snapshot_0317800e_a31f3614.jpg
    "But, alas, winter came so the truck didn't come."
    snapshot_0317800e_631f3ef7.jpg
    Lacey. "On the bright side they opened up a new service."

Hooch. "Yep, TV, that's really gonna protect us from the snow."

"At least, I was able to sell the tomatoes."
    snapshot_0317800e_431f3adb.jpg
    Lacey. "We were pretty lucky the first couple days of winter. The pond didn't freeze over, so, we took turns sleeping and fishing."
    snapshot_0317800e_a31f3a52.jpg

edited October 2015
    Lacey. "I'm not sure how it happened, but the next thing I know Hooch takes me into his arms and kisses me."
    snapshot_0317800e_c31f3bfc.jpg
    Hooch. "I'm not sure what it was...maybe being out here in the wilderness and all...but she just looks a might prettier now."
    snapshot_0317800e_031f3c75.jpg
    "the next thing I knew I had one of these dangburn hearts over my head."
    "Hey, Hooch," Lacey said on the 3rd day of winter. "It looks like it might not snow."

Hooch. "Guess again."
    snapshot_0317800e_231f405b.jpg
    First the pond froze over, and then the snow came wafting down.

Soon the whole world was draped in white.
    snapshot_0317800e_a31f43c6.jpg
    snapshot_0317800e_c31f42e2_1.jpg
    Hooch. "My skin went this pale white. We did everything we could think of to stay warm."
    snapshot_0317800e_a31f4360.jpg
    snapshot_0317800e_031f41f8.jpg
    Lacey. "The only thing that would work is taking a hot shower, and that only worked a little bit. Hooch spent the rest of the winter at the brink of death."

Hooch. "To take our minds off things we did some painting."
    snapshot_0317800e_431f4cf9.jpg
    "But, soon I got to thinking..."
    snapshot_0317800e_231f4106.jpg
    Hooch. "Figured if this was going to be my last week on earth I might as well get down on one knee and propose."

Hooch. "What do ya know she said, yes."
    snapshot_0317800e_a31f4997.jpg
    edited October 2015
    Lacey. "Miraculously we made it through the winter. The association decided to open up stoves and upgrade the roads. This means there's now bigger trucks that come up here so we can buy 4 items instead of 2."
    snapshot_0317800e_431f4c67_1.jpg
    Hooch. "The pond stayed frozen for the first day or so. It seemed as good a time as any to get hitched."

Lacey. "We didn't know anyone up here, and none of our friends from our old lives could venture up here. So, we just had to pledge our love in front of the evil snowman."
    snapshot_0317800e_631f4f05.jpg

"Brace yourself, Lacey," Hooch said, "It's time to make some babies!"
    snapshot_0317800e_a31fd599.jpg
    Lacey. "It'd be unladylike to kiss and tell, but let's just say there were some fireworks."
    snapshot_0317800e_e31fd5e4.jpg

"We bought a crib and a diaper changing station," said Lacey, "just in case last night's activities were successful."

Hooch. "We had finished up building the shelter the day before."

"It looks like the stork's on his way!"

Hooch. "Howdy, little Jeremiah or little Sadie Rose."
    snapshot_0317800e_831fde60.jpg
    Lacey. "You mean, little Chloe or Peyton."
    snapshot_0317800e_031fdeba.jpg
    "How about's we compromise," Hooch said,
    snapshot_0317800e_031fdea2.jpg
    "If it's a boy I gets to name it. If it's a girl you name it. And, whoever doesn't get to name this one gets to name the next."

"We had the baby's room ready with a crib to spare," Hooch said, "just in case we get another little blessing from Jesus."
    snapshot_0317800e_831fe9a2.jpg
    "Then the next thing you know we had us a little Jeremiah."
    snapshot_0317800e_e31fe9ad.jpg
    "What's that, what's that, you want a little brother or sister."
    snapshot_0317800e_c31fe987.jpg
    "I don't know, Hooch," Lacey said, "I'm not sure if I ready to go through that again."
    snapshot_0317800e_631fffab.jpg
    "What about our plans to have six kids?"
    "Just give me a day or so to thing about it."
    Yay~ They made it through Winter. Jeremiah is a good name. :D
  • hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    Oh this is GREAT! keep 'em coming!!
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png