Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spooky Stuff Pack Review

After having a chance to use the pack, I decided to do a little review!

The Spooky Stuff, Stuff Pack gives you an arrange of new items and cas items to fulfill your spooky needs. The pack comes with 38 cas items, and 24 new build/buy mode items. Sims of ages child-elder are able to wear an assortment of new costumes, hair, and makeup. My personal favorites are the Spartan and the Villain costumes (male specifically). The pack comes with 2 new gameplay objects, the treat bowl and the pumpkin carving station. Though the treat bowl gets a little repetitive, I continue to discover new animations, from mysterious green fog to exploding candy. I prefer the pumpkin carving station of the two, the higher the handiness skill, the more carvings you unlock. I have an odd satisfaction whenever I watch one of my sims carve, and this is definitely an item I will regularly use. The pack comes with 3 new recipes, the cheesey eyeballs(lvl 3), spooky cookies(lvl 2), and the zombie cake(lvl 4), all of which very much fit the theme. THe pack does include gravestone that emit fog, though I wish the fog emitter and the gravestones came separate, because a fog machine is something I would definitely use a lot. We get a handful of costumes for our sims to strut their stuff in, such as spartans, maids, astronauts, witches, pirates, ninjas, villains, etc. One thing that I was disappointed that we didn't get in this pack is harvestable pumpkins. And the haunted paintings included in the pack add nice little details with them changing from normal paintings to horror themed paintings (see screenshot below).

But all in all, I really enjoyed the pack and I am proud to have objects like the pumpkin carving station as a permanent addition to my sim's home. The new objects, cas items, recipes, and items overall nicely fit the pack. There are a few things that I wished were changed/added, but it doesn't really affect my opinion of the pack.

As for would/would not buy..... I have to definitely say that I recommend it, and I enjoyed it. I think the price of $9.99 USD is quite reasonable for this pack. And I can't wait for the next stuff pack!

SCREENIES!

SPS7_zpsbdh1wkpd.png
Front of home for the party!

SPS3_zps90apa2k7.png
My sim's kids were playing tricks on each other.

SPS6_zpssuvzl8wa.png
Party guest decides to carve a pumpkin

SPS5_zpsthl2xacw.png
THe new recipes, along with some icecream for the party!

SPS4_zps9jymyil8.png
My sim got an explosive surprise using the new treat bowl!

SPS2_zps00sl9xnp.png
All my guests having a few snacks during the party

SPS8_zpszrlphvtw.png
Many (Not all) of the new buy mode objects

SPS10_zpsvyo9kaip.png
Sick pumpkin....

SPS9_zpstuirsuxa.png
New gravestone with ground fog

SPS11_zpso4lv6tod.png
one of my sims carving their pumpkin!

SSP1_zps69gdsf58.png
Two of the new spooky paintings in their spooky state.

Comments

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I love that zombie cake, lol.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Thank you for sharing your review! <3
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Nice review. What does the tattered furniture look like?

From The Sims news
    Transform your Sim’s home with ghoulishly fun decorations, including creepy paintings, spider webs, and all manner of tattered furniture. Want to temporarily (or… permanently) turn your Sim’s home into a creepy house of horrors? Go for it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    @PHOEBESMOM601 it's in the 7th screen shot down, on the right. It's the green furniture (but you can color it, such as white)
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    No screenshots of the new ragged curtains? I saw them and considered getting the SP just for that lol.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    @PHOEBESMOM601 it's in the 7th screen shot down, on the right. It's the green furniture (but you can color it, such as white)

The green pieces with the face on it? That's "and all manner of tattered furniture"? Now I really like your review. I might have bought this for the decor but not now. I was really expecting tattered. You saved me some money.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    @PHOEBESMOM601 the tattered furniture comes in many colors, the ends of the clothes of all of them are tattered and you have the tattered curtains. I suggest you look at lazy game review's review. As you get a much better look

@Mightydan sorry, the curtains didn't fit the house, so I never put them up. They are shown in lgrs vid though
  • Options
    Ooooooh, looks like @SimGuruGraham tweeted the screenshot of the tombstones with the fog I took, I feel honored :)
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Gravestones, but no cemetery. Pumpkins, but not harvestable...

Who knew?
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    do the kids get to carve pumpkins?
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    do the kids get to carve pumpkins?

Yes they do.
  • Options
    cool, I just hadn't seen anyone post pics of kids doing carving, so wondering about that.
  • Options
    @bekkasan My child sim enjoying a bit of pumpkin carving. ;)
    09-29-15_6-48-08nbspPM_zps61courxu.png
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Love that kids can carve pumpkins as well :smile:
  • Options
    @bekkasan My child sim enjoying a bit of pumpkin carving. ;)
    09-29-15_6-48-08nbspPM_zps61courxu.png

This is the first thing I've actually liked about the game as far as packs and EP's go. I love Halloween and or Spooky Day. If I had the game I would buy it, but, since I don't, I can enjoy your pics. :) It does not make me want to buy the game. :(
  • Options
    @bekkasan Wait for toddlers. <3 I know that's how you prefer to play and what makes the sims so special to you. The kids can do a lot more with their parents in TS4 as a family, more than they could in previous games, but that doesn't mean much if there are still no toddlers for you to enjoy. I'll cross my fingers that they do a Generations EP soon or patch the toddlers in for free (imo that's how I feel it should be done). When they add toddlers, maybe you'll change your mind and take a peak, because I do believe you'll fall in love with it then. The interactions between children and their parents are really sweet and immersive for family play, but like I said, until they put in toddlers, it's going to feel hollow for those players who need that life stage for a family to feel complete.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures! <3