Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims Stories Game Is Better?

NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
So I'm wanting to continue my Sims collection when I'm able to get some games again and I was wondering which Sims Stories game should I get next (I already have Castaways)? Pets or Life Stories? I've heard good things about both but I just can't decide!
"You've gotta be stirring my pasta."

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I never had the Pet Stories but I did like the Life Stories. I found it cute to finish their stores. I only played it thru once. :)
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I really liked Life Stories! Never played Pet Stories.. but after I heard there are no elders in the game, I was turned off.
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Also, how is Castaway? I was thinking about buying it, but it seems a little goal-ish for my taste (I kinda like to do my own thing) is there like a set story then you just play how you want or what?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I really liked Life Stories! Never played Pet Stories.. but after I heard there are no elders in the game, I was turned off.

I didn't like it too. Only pets can become elders and sims can live forever.
  • Options
    NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    Also, how is Castaway? I was thinking about buying it, but it seems a little goal-ish for my taste (I kinda like to do my own thing) is there like a set story then you just play how you want or what?

It's a bit more goal oriented than the other Sims Stories games but there is a free play mode (it's been awhile since I've played but I think you have to finish one of the stories to access free play mode) that is a ton of fun! I'd defiantly say to go and give it a shot, if you're not a big fan of the story mode I'm sure you'll like the free play mode at least. :smile:
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited October 2015
    I have Pet Stories. Don't play it much anymore though lol.

Pet Stories has a free play world called Arbor Falls. After you complete Alice's story (Best in Show) then they become free play Sims. Same with Steven's story (Midnight Masquerade). If you don't feel like playing stories at all, then the best place to go is Arbor Falls, the free play world.
  • Options
    jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    Sorry to sound like a total noob but what exactly is life stories? I believed I've looked it up before but I still kind of don't understand what kind of game it is.Is it just like the regular game except you follow someone elses story? Does that mean you don't get to make your own family?
    mRzKqv8.gif?1
  • Options
    Joseph15266Joseph15266 Posts: 305 Member
    edited October 2015
    @jvms20 It's just like the base game for The Sims 2, except you have to play a role in the storyline by directing the character's actions. There are two different stories to choose from (Riley and Vincent), and then when you've finished you can play the neighborhood of Four Corners which works exactly like a normal neighborhood.
  • Options
    jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    Oh that's nice. Sounds kind of interesting thank you for telling me about it. I'm gonna look into it and possibly buy it for myself :3
    mRzKqv8.gif?1