Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mansion on Horrid Hill--A Male Prettacy 5/24

Comments

• DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    Just read your story. Good stuff! :))
    I especially love that speech.
    Hope Harry finds bonny womens with huge... wit ;D
    (But wont the butler resolve this misunderstanding? But Harry probably wouldnt bring a simple-minded bimbo home, would he? Well, ok maybe for distraction and consolation...?)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @darkravensoul So glad you like it! The butler won't know the misunderstanding...you'll see what happens... :p
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    This story is awesome so far! One more tale to follow! ;)
    @anaitapeva YAY! Another reader! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ShannNyanShannNyan Posts: 31 Member
    SO sad, poor Harry! Loosing the love of his life and next his dad :(
    edited October 2015
    Chapter 1.2

Harry’s father wailed in anguish in the distance, stinging Harry with guilt, but he was so overcome by anger, resentment, and confusion that it froze his heart. If his father truly loved him, he wouldn’t care about the money, Harry thought. It made Harry feel like a pawn in everyone’s hands. He was tired of being mistreated. It was time to grasp onto his own life.

Screenshot_286.jpg

“Come along then, Master Horrid,” Lionel offered. “I’ll brew you a nice spot of tea. That’ll take your mind off of these unwelcome circumstances.”

Screenshot_288.jpg

Harry shot a finger at the man. “Let’s get one thing clear, troll,” Harry’s voice was harsh and low with the anger bubbling inside of him. “I’m laird and master of this house. Ye will do as yer told as me servant. I dinna wish to be disturbed and if ye do disrupt me, you’ll have to endure me wrath which is a might huge at this moment. Is that understood?”

Screenshot_285.jpg

“Of course, of course, Lord Horrid,” the butler backpedaled, softly. “Please forgive me if I’ve overstepped some noble boundaries. You may head to your quarters, if that pleases you. You have the master bedroom, which resides on the first lower level. Take the stairs, down the hallway to the left. It is the largest room on that floor. I’ll set you a bite to eat later by your door and you can take it at your leisure.” Lionel bowed formally, with a flourish of one hand.

Screenshot_287.jpg

Harry pulled at the neck of his collar. “It does please me.” Glaring at the butler, he headed toward the door to what felt like his prison.

Screenshot_290.jpg

Stomping through the dining room, Harry shortly became lost amongst all the dizzying array of rooms. “Och!” he roared. “Why canna I find one blasted set of stairs?”

Screenshot_293.jpg

After about fifteen minutes of searching, he finally found some stairs leading down. He took them, noticing that indeed the house looked like a dungeon with ancient stone walls, dripping wet walls and spider webs hanging eerily down from the ceiling.

Screenshot_295.jpg

“Looks about like a home for a troll,” Harry muttered. He was not looking forward to meeting his neighbors and decided being a hermit in his dungeon home was his destiny. Why did the Maker hate him so? He wondered. That fairy of his childhood was definitely a dream. He was not blessed. He was cursed.

Screenshot_294.jpg

Finally, he found the master bedroom and cried to himself in the mirror. “Och, Harry Horrid. Why do ye have to be such an ugly plum?”

Screenshot_296.jpg

He cried inconsolably for many hours at the pathetic torment of his life. Shem’s beautiful face haunted him. He remembered when they went back to the Clockworks Club one night and made love to one another. That’s when Shem told him she always wanted to be with him and dreamed of being the mother of his children

Screenshot_210.jpg

Why wasn’t he with her now? Instead he was trapped in the darkest house he’s ever seen.

Screenshot_297.jpg

A week passed and Lionel faithfully did not disturb Harry. He had all the comforts he needed—a computer, tv, and food ready at his door at the dinner hours, but after days of moping, Harry was ready to face his life. Whatever that might look like.

Trying to find the kitchen (which was hard to do because it wasn’t off the dining room. Harry figured servants were not to be seen cooking around guests. ) He finally found the tiny space, hoping some tea was available.

It was. To the butler’s credit, he’d always made things very hospitable even having hot tea on hand for whenever Harry wanted.

Screenshot_298.jpg

Sipping the warm liquid, Harry started feeling a bit better and decided to find Lionel and thank him for his service to him in these dark days.

Screenshot_300.jpg

All smiles, Lionel bowed and said, “Ah Lord Horrid, no trouble at all. I am always categorically at your service. My, you’re looking well today. I have some news from your uncle if you’d like to hear it.”

Harry sat down on the couch, offering Lionel the seat next to him. “Me uncle? Was his name Flobbish?” It seemed like forever ago when Harry had read that letter from him that changed his world.

Screenshot_302.jpg

“Yes, a Lord Flobbish Horrid, I believe. I’ve never met the man myself but I do speak with him about you from time to time since he’s the manager of your estate. He stays in a mansion on the other side of the village and I believe he is gone at the moment. Well, anyhow, he sent a parchment for you.” Lionel fished a yellowed scroll from his pocket. “Here it is, sealed up for your eyes only.”

Taking the parchment, Harry read its contents:

parchment_1_1.jpg

Dearest Harry,

I need to share with you about the start of your legacy, my dear boy. Since you are a Horrid, you are not allowed to work. That said, although you do have a large inheritance, maintenance of the mansion will produce an abundance of bills until you can somehow "force" the powers at be that you should not pay. That is the Horrid way. You'll find out how to do this in time once the stink of gnomish is off of you. So sorry about your lowly upbringing, but it was the best we could do under the circumstances.

Lionel tells me you have had a hard time adjusting. I am very sorry for this as I cannot visit you for a little while, but here are some tips to help you fit in while I’m away:

1. Throw parties! Trolls adore dinner parties especially. Once you are the talk of the town, the ladies will flock to you!

2. You have been promised to a wealthy baron’s daughters. They are all very witty and I hope you will meet with them soon. As he has at least five daughters, we Horrids struck a deal that you would have all the daughters’ children. I do hope you will see to reason on that score and do as a good heir is told.

3. Your father found some interesting plants that will sell to the fairies for a huge sum of money. That should keep you afloat, my dear boy. Take a look at his journal on how he discovered these interesting specimens. Your father was a true troll genius! The journal is located in the library, I believe.

Hope to visit with you soon, old boy!

Your loving uncle,

Flobbish

“For the love of the Maker,” Harry muttered, crumpling the parchment in his fist once again. He decided a parchment from his uncle would only bring back his headaches and pains of torment at the hands of these eejit trolls. “Is there a tavern about, troll? I need a strong drink.”

Screenshot_303.jpg

“Of course, there are many good taverns, Lord Horrid. The best one is downtown called Blood and Velvet Bar on Necromancer St.”

Screenshot_304.jpg

Harry swallowed his tea, nearly burning his throat. “Sounds like just the place to get a wee bit drunk. Dinna wait up fer me.”

“Oh but sir!” Lionel stopped him from getting up. “Allow me to advise you to....ahem...dress a bit more appropriately. You still have on your gnomish attire and if you want to be allowed into the establishment, might I advise you to change into more stylish fashion? I’ve filled your closets full of wonderful suits, vests, etcetera, etcetera.”

Screenshot_310.jpg

Taking another swallow of his tea and wiping his mouth on his sleeve, he said, “Aiy that. I’m tired of the gnomish stink meself. And if I dinna come home, don’t worry yerself.”

“As you wish, my lord.” Lionel bowed. “But I do hope you’ll be careful. People will recognize you and well, you are something of a commodity to the ladies here. Quite a catch...so...”

Harry smirked. “Meeting a troll woman is the last thing on me mind. Dinna worry yer butler head about that.”

Screenshot_305.jpg

He emptied his cup and handed it to Lionel, waving good-bye.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited October 2015
    kjjhjk

Update! *flargles*

Edit: can't wait to see how Harry adjusts
    @Julyvee94 You're too quick! lol! :lol:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Since I have to lie in bed all day I refresh the forums every 2 seconds so it feels xD
    Julyvee94 wrote: »

Since I have to lie in bed all day I refresh the forums every 2 seconds so it feels xD

Hope you're not sick! But reading these stories will pass the time! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Julyvee94 wrote: »

Hope you're not sick! But reading these stories will pass the time! ;)

I'm already feeling better but I was having back pain issues. All these Sims stories saved ma days :)
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    @pammiechick I would like to live in that town where Harry lives <3 Why no such cities in reality? :'(
    I hope so Harry will feel better soon... He shouldn't miss his chance to be happy <3 I can't wait when I'll read your new chapter :)
  • thegizkythegizky Posts: 84 Member
    I know people play with my lots (obviously!) but its kind of weird to see one in a story hehe. I laughed out loud at the comment about the kitchen being far from the dining room - isn't that what your servants are for?! Glad I created a suitable backdrop for you :)
    thegizky wrote: »
    I know people play with my lots (obviously!) but its kind of weird to see one in a story hehe. I laughed out loud at the comment about the kitchen being far from the dining room - isn't that what your servants are for?! Glad I created a suitable backdrop for you :)

@thegizky PERFECT backdrop for this story is an understatement! And Harry's negative reactions are only because the troll world is so different from the place he was raised. I absolutely love this mansion and am giddy that it will see many generations of Horrids to come. Thank you for your amazing talent!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @roseinblack69 Oh I think you'll love all the places in this troll world. I love playing in it. Harry is going through a tough transition and his life will be tumultuous but in the end, I believe (and hope) he'll be happy. We'll see!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    This story always makes my day! Watching Harry storm through the mansion! I loved that -- you could see so much of his state of mind. As I was oooohing over the views of the interior, he's stomping through too upset to see any of it. The photos of his family on the wall were a nice touch too. It'll be interesting to watch Harry adjust to life as a troll - first step, new clothes! (they do say clothes make the man...!)
    I had the name wrong on the builder of Harry's Mansion. It is called FOREST LAIR by @thegizky ! I will be mentioning more builders throughout the story as well!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited October 2015
    Chapter 1.3

Harry searched all over Necromancer St. for the Blood and Velvet bar, but only happened upon one establishment, which was called, the Skeleton Lounge.

Screenshot_614.jpg

He didn’t much like the look of it, but the single thing he had on his mind was the drinks and he figured this tavern was as good as the other in getting him heavily in his cups.

Screenshot_591.jpg

Once he entered, Harry was overjoyed to see it indeed had a nicely stocked bar which it seemed was tended by what looked like a gnome. “I’ll have a pint, please, of yer best ale, lass!” Harry’s heart quickened, so happy to see a familiar kind of face amongst the trolls.

Screenshot_592.jpg

But quickly he learned she was mostly troll and was offended at his suggestion of her gnomish birth. “And furthermore, sir,” she spat, “we do not serve substandard drinks here as I can ascertain you have defiled yourself by carousing with gnomes. No doubt where you picked up that disgusting accent of yours. We serve high order drinks here only. There is our menu.” And with a sniff and a high and mighty snort, she stormed off to Harry’s dismay.

“I just wanted a wee drink, is all,” he muttered to himself. The eerie music blared as more and more people streamed into the club, pounding on his head.

Screenshot_594.jpg

Thankfully, in a few moments, a woman came up to him and smiled. “Excuse my former employee’s manners, Lord Horrid. Might I suggest the Dim and Gusty? I believe it will tickle your tastebuds.” The woman who looked strangely familiar placed a drink in a fancy glass in front of him.

“How did ye know me name, miss?” Harry asked, unnerved by this stranger’s knowledge of him.

Screenshot_596.jpg

With a twizzle of her fingers, she said, “Why every troll who is worth their salt should know the heir to the Mansion on Horrid Hill. That is why Trevelda was dutifully fired. And besides,” she said with a wicked gleam in her eye. “We’re related. Come along then. I want you to meet my friends.”

Dumbfounded, Harry obeyed, downing his drink as the strange woman ordered another for him.

Sitting between two trolls, the woman introduced him. “Chain, Body, I’d like you to meet my cousin, Lord Harry Horrid of The Mansion on Horrid Hill. Lord Horrid, these are my friends, Chain and Body Massacre of Rosary Road. They are old friends of our family.”

Sipping his drink, Harry asked, “And ye are...?”

Laughing, she answered, “Oh forgive me, I’m Lady Dorkla Horrid. My father is Sir Flobbish. I believe he is the manager of your estate?”

Screenshot_600.jpg

“Aiy that,” Harry said, downing the rest of his too sweet drink. He didn’t want to offend this woman by the thoughts marauding around in his head about her father. “If I could have another?” he asked, waving the frilly glass, hoping to sink into oblivion so that these people around him would either go away or he couldn’t see them anymore. Whichever came first.

“So you’re the famous heir,” Chain said with a mischievous tone. “I’ve never been to the notorious manse. Is it as immense as they say?”

“Aiy,” Harry agreed. “Immense is the word. I have no use fer all the space. Ye can have it fer all I care.”

Screenshot_603.jpg

“Now, Lord Horrid. What kind of talk is that?” Lady Dorkla tut-tutted. “I realize this has been a bit of a shock.” She bent down and spoke behind her hand, “He was raised by gnomes, you know, because of that tussle with Ratsnide.”

The men gave ohs and ahs and nods, gravely looking at Harry as if he’d been raised in a destitute orphanage given only wormy bread and water all his life. “Quite right,” Body commiserated. “That’s understandable and well, he is betrothed to...”

Lady Dorkla shot him an icy stare. “Yes, he is. To the barron’s daughters. All very witty indeed.” Pasting on a wide grin, she turned to Harry and said, “I will get you acquainted with them at once. How about a party at your house tomorrow night?”

Shaking his head vigorously, Harry stammered, “Och, no, I know I’m busy tomorrow and the next night. In fact, me thinks I’ll be full up on social engagements fer the next century. So if ye don’t mind...”

Screenshot_602.jpg

But she was off in a flash, ordering a few of the waitresses about and didn’t hear any of poor Harry’s protests.

Excusing himself to each of the men, Harry headed for the bar, away from conversation that only made his head spin even more than the several drinks that he’d gulped down in a matter of minutes.

But unfortunately, the men followed him, ordering everyone a round of what they called a Snaggle Foster. “This drink will put hair on your chest, old chap,” Chain said with a wink. “You’re going to need it with the Belle sisters.”

The other man chuckled at the inside joke. “So true, Chain! I wonder if we could trouble you with an invitation to tomorrow’s event. It will be like watching a boar’s hunt. And you, my dear fellow, will be the boar.” They both laughed hysterically, clinking their glasses in jovial brotherhood.

Harry nudged a finger over a horrendous headache that suddenly pierced his skull.

Screenshot_604.jpg

Just then, a man dressed in a similar vest asked, “Harry? Lord Harry Horrid of the Mansion of Horrid Hill?”

Cautiously, Harry said, “Aiy, unfortunately. Guilty as charged.”

“It’s me. Grodie! Grodie Horrid. Didn’t your family tell you about me? I was to be the heir if you didn’t cooperate.”

Screenshot_605.jpg

Harry picked up the Snaggle Foster and slurped, but the drink was so strong, the obviously volatile liquid burned his throat and he coughed.

Grodie chuckled. “You had best be careful with that libation, cousin. It will go straight to your head.”

“That’s me plan," Harry growled, smacking his lips at the nasty stuff. "So if ye were to be heir, I’m here to give it to ye, laddie. Lock stock and butler.”

Screenshot_608.jpg

With a wave of his hand, Grodie explained, “Too late now that you’re in the house. And anyway, I’ve inherited Uncle Flobbish’s place. Plus, I’ve already produced an heir, so I’m quite unavailable. It’s up to you, old boy.” He patted Harry on the back painfully.

Screenshot_606.jpg

“Besides,” Grodie continued, “if you didn’t take the inheritance, where would you go? Back to the gnomes?”

Harry’s stomach turned at that thought. He would not go back to his father and he couldn’t face Shem. His only choice was to accept his fate. He didn’t answer his cousin. He just ordered another drink.

By this time, Harry’s eyes started to droop and Grodie lifted him to his feet. “I think it’s time we head off home, cousin. So nice to meet you and all. I live on Hemlock Hill on the south side. My home is shaped like a dragon’s head. You can’t miss it. Would love to chat with you some more. Please stop by any time.”

Screenshot_609.jpg

After he departed, the rest of the night was a blur of loud music, flashing lights and even more drinks. Next thing Harry heard sounded like a hovering ghostly spirit that said, “I’ll be seeing you tomorrow with ladies in tow, Lord Horrid. Tell Lionel to have dinner ready by 6:00 sharp.”

Screenshot_610.jpg

The next thing Harry remembered was he ended up in a dark room that reminded him of the place he spent the night with Shem. Bitterly, he cried out, scaring a few ravens that fluttered away from his voice.

Screenshot_611.jpg

And then he passed out.

Screenshot_613.jpg
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    It's so good that Harry met his relatives. I hope that things will change to better side soon ;) I can't wait for the party at Harry's mansion <3 And I'm just in love with all what I see in these pictures @pammiechick <3 I'm feeling like in some Burton's movie, it's just awesome :)<3
    edited October 2015
    It's so good that Harry met his relatives. I hope that things will change to better side soon ;) I can't wait for the party at Harry's mansion <3 And I'm just in love with all what I see in these pictures @pammiechick <3 I'm feeling like in some Burton's movie, it's just awesome :)<3

Things will get better. Harry just has to adjust to his new life.

I love all these spooky builds. There's a future character that looks exactly like a Tim Burton character. Can't wait until you meet him!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • nessanewbynessanewby Posts: 241 Member
    LOL Poor Harry! I DO feel sorry for him, but at the same time, I can't help but giggle at his plight just a little. He's really having a pretty big pity party right now. He can't find *anything* good in what is happening, because he's so deep in depression over the bad things. I'll be glad when he pulls himself up and out of it and realizes things are going to be alright and starts to adjust. he's still such a cute little 🐸🐸🐸🐸 guy! Thank you for continuing to keep me entertained Pammie! <3
    edited October 2015
    nessanewby wrote: »
    LOL Poor Harry! I DO feel sorry for him, but at the same time, I can't help but giggle at his plight just a little. He's really having a pretty big pity party right now. He can't find *anything* good in what is happening, because he's so deep in depression over the bad things. I'll be glad when he pulls himself up and out of it and realizes things are going to be alright and starts to adjust. he's still such a cute little 🐸🐸🐸🐸 guy! Thank you for continuing to keep me entertained Pammie! <3

Lol! You're so right! He can't even see that these trolls are being so nice to him...ha! But he's had a lot to adjust to...we'll see what happens at that dinner party! Thanks for reading!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    All the people in your town are so awesome! Ahh! I love all of the trolls. He's so mopey right now, I feel sorry for him -- but I can't help but laugh. Oh, Harry. Seeing his reaction at the party is going to be priceless!
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Awww, this story is so beautiful. The characters are so colorful.
    When Harry had a falling out with his father I was heartbroken. I loved the old man. Still hoping they'll patch things up.
    Harry definitely needs some trutworthy friends now. It's too sad for him to be alone.

heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,714 Member
    Aww... This is so a cool story.... Love it! For one or other reason it got bookmarked... ;) So I start reading it... And now it will stay bookmarked... Love it! <3