Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mansion on Horrid Hill--A Male Prettacy 5/24

Comments

• Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    I love that his siblings love him so much! It's so cute! I just love it! And nooo, we have to see the Venoms again. I was totally shipping Toxic and Harry! <3
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I love that his siblings love him so much! It's so cute! I just love it! And nooo, we have to see the Venoms again. I was totally shipping Toxic and Harry! <3

You will...don't worry. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Oh Harry Jr how I love him and his siblings are such the little heros!! Can;t wait to see how Uncle reacts...I cant wait to see uncle period lol :)
    edited April 2016
    Chapter 2.7

As soon as Harry walked into the parlor, his stomach twisted under the glares of not only his uncle and Lionel, but also a police officer. He gulped.

When he sunk into the cushions, his uncle rounded on him, shaking his finger. “What in heaven’s name were you doing Friday night? And you better be truthful or the constable will throw you in jail.”

Screenshot_1351.jpg

“Nothing...I mean...er twas nothing bad. We was just up to a bit ‘o fun that’s all. Nothing was spoiled that wasn’t already vandalized.”

Screenshot_1357.jpg

Eye’s narrowing, the constable grumbled, “So you think spray painting an historic treasure is nothing? And destroying property is just a bit of fun and games, do you? I should handcuff you right now. A little time in the deep darkness would do this one some good, Lord Horrid.”

Screenshot_1358.jpg

Incensed, Harry pleaded, “That historic landmark is already chock full of spray paint. It’s actually a right of passage for a young person to put their name on it. Is that what this fuss is all about?” Harry couldn’t believe he was in trouble for that crime. The others, yes. After all, Mrs. Eater’s pumpkins were missing.

Screenshot_1359.jpg

“We have to wash off the paint every year. If you little troublemakers would stop marking it up, we would not have to spend city money to clear it off. Yes, you are in trouble for this offense.”

Screenshot_1354.jpg

“See here, Ratman,” Uncle Flobbish offered. “I will pay for any damages the boy has elicited. There will be no need for jail time.”

Screenshot_1368.jpg

Getting up, the constable said, “Fine then, Lord Horrid. But let me warn your nephew that he might want to reconsider whom he hangs around with. His friends are already in the dungeon for several nights to pay off their fines.”

“I can assure you he will never see those hooligans again!”

“See that he doesn’t.”

Harry did not like the idea of his friends in jail. He had no idea what that would be like, but hearing about the dungeons, he was sure it was something dreadful. “If it’s at all possible, I’d like to pay for me friends’ fines as well.”

“You are in no position to offer that,” Uncle Flobbish snorted.

Screenshot_1360.jpg

“Please, uncle. It was me own fault they did any damage.”

Rubbing the back of his neck, Flobbish sighed. “Oh...alright, son, but you will pay for every cent of it by doing exactly what I say from now on. Is that clear?”

Screenshot_1367.jpg

“Aye, sir. I’ll do what ye say just please let me friends out of that dank dungeon.”

Flobbish gave a nod to the constable who shrugged and said, “You’re a bit too lenient on this one, milord. Venoms were born to rot in a cell, I say.” He waved and said, “Good day to you then.”

Bowing his head, slightly, Flobbish said, “Good day, constable, and thank you kindly.”

With that, Harry watched as the constable left the parlor, but his stomach churned at what his uncle might make him do to pay for his friends’ release.

Screenshot_1364.jpg

Turning to Lionel, Flobbish said, “Butler, leave us. I want to be alone with my nephew.”

“As you wish, milord.”

Harry could not figure out what was wrong with Lionel. He seemed sad.

Screenshot_1361.jpg

“Do what your uncle says,” Lionel said, wringing his hands. “And Harry...even though you’re mostly gnome, I want to say that it has been a bright spot having you here—your siblings love you and they have cheered up most handsomely since you’ve arrived. I wish you...well.” Pursing his lips, he strolled toward the kitchen.

As soon as the door clicked closed, Harry asked, “What did Lionel mean by all of that?”

Lifting his arms, Flobbish answered, “Well, due to the fact that you have made some very bad choices, I am taking your gnomish birth very seriously. You do not act like a troll in any way, shape or form. Your father, although raised by gnomes, was purely troll-like and although he did not like our ways at first, he made good friends that were on his level. Therefore, they were a great influence on him. So much so, I did not have to involve myself. Much.”

Screenshot_1373.jpg

A maddened haze seemed to slip over Harry. He hated the way trolls looked down upon gnomes. “What are ye implying, sir?”

Screenshot_1374.jpg

“Our family owns a cottage in the middle of town. I have a butler there that is well versed in all things of the upper crust. He will teach you whatever you need to know to become a true troll heir to the Mansion on Horrid Hill. You will be going to Nightshade Academy along with your sister, Rose. So you will have a welcome face there, at least. You will do all the things Butler Primus Slayer tells you. Do you understand?”

Screenshot_1375.jpg

“What kind of...things?”

“First of all, your clothing is atrocious as is your accent. Both need refinement if you desire to do the duty of heir. That is...sire five children with five different high born ladies. Now, I’ve got all that arranged for you. Since you are...ahem...not as blessed as your father in the looks category...sorry son, that’s as delicate as I can put it, I have been speaking with a new family to Midnight Moor. They are very wealthy, though, so that should make up for their lack of...how should I put it...beauty? And they are all very witty indeed. Their name is Drop and they live in Pleasant Grove due south of us in a quiet sector of our fair city. You should meet the family soon, but Primus will explain all of this to you once you remove yourself to the cottage.”

Screenshot_1376.jpg

Balling his fists, Harry asked, “I’m leaving? But what about me brothers? What about Rose? They will not wish me to go. They’ve already suffered enough with me father’s death. Pulling me from this house is a mistake!”

Screenshot_1378.jpg

“You are in NO position to tell me what to do, gnome. It is only by your grandfather’s cunning that you are in the extremely blessed position as heir. And I’ve negotiated the contract with your grandfather that you have to abide by the original contract of your father in order for you attain these rights, so do not get high and mighty with me! You do as I say or I allow the constable to throw you in the dungeon along with your disgusting lowbrow friends. Is that clear?”

Screenshot_1381.jpg

Defeated at the mention of his poor friends in that cold cell, Harry could only nod. He couldn’t believe his life was about to change. Would he ever get to see his friends again? Would he get to see his lovely Toxic?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Poor Harry! :( I don't like that uncle Flobbish at all! :s I hope Harry will find a way how to see Toxic and his friends.
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Like Harry Potter this Harry gets into trouble without wanting to. I hope things will be better than expected for him
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I hope for a better future for Harry Jr. All this troll nonsense... ~sighs~
    A cottage in the middle of town.... a new butler?!! Harry Jr let me save you!! Well the only promising thing is the "not so beautiful' daughters by the name of Drop!! Love pretty trolls <3
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    A cottage in the middle of town.... a new butler?!! Harry Jr let me save you!! Well the only promising thing is the "not so beautiful' daughters by the name of Drop!! Love pretty trolls <3

True...and maybe you can guess at least one name! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Is uncle Flobbish wearing women's clothes? He's a colourful character indeed. Poor Harry, the terrible duty of breeding awaits him. :smile:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    edited May 2016
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Is uncle Flobbish wearing women's clothes? He's a colourful character indeed. Poor Harry, the terrible duty of breeding awaits him. :smile:

Lol! It's actually a wizard costume cc. That's an outer robe/coat. Lord Ding Belle wore something similar. The troll world has different fashion.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Not so pretty, those girls must be gorgeous then! A little light in Harry Jr. dark life. I hope he'll get used to it soon!
    Oh no! I really like Toxic! Harry, don't go! I really don't like this 'Uncle Flobbish.' Why can't they just leave Harry be? I love the names you make up, by the way. They are awesome! :)

Aqua!
    EkpFDaf.png

RAIN!!! orrr LEMON ;) This is fun <3

RAIN!!! orrr LEMON ;) This is fun <3

Could be....!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited May 2016

Blood! :lol: Or Tear.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • LunarMoon88LunarMoon88 Posts: 297 Member
    Oh no! I really like Toxic! Harry, don't go! I really don't like this 'Uncle Flobbish.' Why can't they just leave Harry be? I love the names you make up, by the way. They are awesome! :)

Aqua!

Crimson?

Ohh...you all are so smart! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg

Ooo those are good Maladi - LOL just thought of a fun one...Cough hahaha omg!

Ooo those are good Maladi - LOL just thought of a fun one...Cough hahaha omg!

Cough Drop would be hilarious...but alas...no. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ShunKiyoshi13ShunKiyoshi13 Posts: 45 Member
    I love your story! Can't wait to see the Drop family.
    edited May 2016
    Chapter 2.8

Swiftly, Uncle Flobbish took Harry to the little “cottage” in the middle of Midnight Moor. This tiny place was three stories tall and loomed over the street as if it were the king amongst peasants in houses. And it was a bit darker than his own mansion. Harry was not looking forward to meeting with the butler, Primus Slayer, and tried to force a dull ache that was growing in his stomach, but was having no luck.

Screenshot_1384.jpg

“I do hope this is urgent, Lord Horrid,” Primus moaned, “for it is reading time and I am quite vexed if I do not get my daily chapters in.” The man looked down his narrow nose at Harry’s uncle. Harry couldn’t believe Uncle Flobbish would put up with such impertinence, but the troll only laughed.

“Quite right, dear Primus, I know your routines are not to be meddled with, but this is an emergency. This is my nephew, Harry Horrid, Jr., who is in need of your wisdom. His breeding is beneath his station as he is to inherit the Mansion on Horrid Hill and we are in a bit of a quandary. Can you help us?”

Screenshot_1385.jpg

The man shut his book with a loud clap. “Say it isn’t so, milord. A...” he inspected Harry up and down with a sneer as if he smelled a rat that had been rotting on the street for days, “...a gnome? You cannot possibly mean that...this...this...creature is to inherit one of the largest estates in Midnight Moor!”

Flobbish patted the man on the shoulder. “That’s exactly what I’m trying to tell you, old chap. And you will weed out any distasteful qualities within him. I know you are the fellow to do it, so chop chop! Time is a wasting. I want him all suited up with manners and deeds to boot by Mickelmus. That’s when I will be throwing his betrothal party to the Drop sisters.” Shaking a finger at Primus, he adds, “Don’t fail me, Primus. If the boy is ready, there will be a reward.” With that, the troll hopped down the steps, merrily whistling all the way to his waiting coach.

Screenshot_1383.jpg

“Egad,” Primus mumbled to himself, shaking his head and opening the book again, perusing the pages as if Harry had not ever existed. He let out a laugh at what obviously amused him in the reading.

Screenshot_1382.jpg

Angry at all the snooty things said against him as if he was just a wretched dog to be kicked, Harry flung open the doors and stomped inside.

The butler charged after him. “What in Maker’s name do you think you’re doing, gnome? You have no right to enter without being asked. It is not done!”

Screenshot_1387.jpg

“Is this me home or no, troll?” Harry yelled. He was tired of being nice. If he was not going to be treated with respect, he was in no mood to give it.

Screenshot_1388.jpg

Glaring, the butler answered, “This is not your home. It belongs to the estate. You have not inherited the estate as of yet, Master Horrid, therefore, you are under my guidance and must do as I say or I ship you back to your uncle and he can then deal with you. I have half a mind to give you right back for I can surely summon the coach. You are an ugly, odious person and it grieves me deeply to be put on so.” The troll sighed and said, “So, what will it be? You yell and kick and scream like a little toddler that didn't get his favorite toy or will you do as I say?”

Harry thought about his promise to his uncle in order to free his friends. He knew very well what would not only become of him but of them if he didn’t obey. Swallowing down the burning acid in his stomach, he nodded, looking down in defeat. He hated his uncle and he was not going to marry these Drop sisters. He couldn’t wait to see his Toxic again. He had to think of a way to meet up with her at least.

Screenshot_1389.jpg

“That’s better.” Pointing toward the upstairs, the butler ordered, “Go to your room—third one on the left, and tidy up. I will be serving dinner soon and you are not dressed properly.” He winced, gazing at Harry’s clothing. “There is a suit hanging in the closet. Put it on and meet me in the dining room in one hour.”

Wiping his face, Harry trudged up the steps. The whole house had a dark tone about it which did nothing to comfort him.

Going to the room the butler told him, he peered inside. All was dark and gloomy.

Screenshot_1390.jpg

When he went to open the closet, a savage spider scuttled toward him. “Ahh!” Harry screamed.

Screenshot_1391.jpg

But then he realized the spider did not move. It was just a lamp. Harry breathed in relief at his mistake, but looking around the room, he figured he’d have to get used to the creepiness. And in spite of how he felt earlier, he thought the room had a dark beauty that was a bit indescribable. Maybe he would adjust here after all.
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited May 2016
    Yay! Positivity! :) Awesome update! I don't like this Primus... And we will have to see the Venoms again! I just love Toxic! :) And isn't it ironic that a girl with such a sweet personality is called something as corrosive as toxic?! :)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Isn't Primus a little too ugly for troll standards? And that fancy moustache! :smiley: I can't wait to see the Drop sisters!
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    I even don't know who is more evil - uncle Flobbish or that batler Primus :/ I hope Harry Jr. will survive in that cottage. By the way, I love this house and bedroom with spiders is very nice <3