Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mansion on Horrid Hill--A Male Prettacy 5/24

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @CathyTea Thank you! It's been a blast to play. I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    hugsfromhannahhugsfromhannah Posts: 152 Member
    Would you be interested in me making some potential love interests for Harry by any chance? I'm in the mood to create sims!
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Harry is looking very interesting as a teen! Good to hear his spirits are higher now after his encounter with the fairy, and that he stands up for himself :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Would you be interested in me making some potential love interests for Harry by any chance? I'm in the mood to create sims!

Just saw this...if you'd like. But wait a bit because lots of changes will be happening and you need to understand who these women are before you can create. I don't want to spoil the story. :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Harry is looking very interesting as a teen! Good to hear his spirits are higher now after his encounter with the fairy, and that he stands up for himself :)

Thanks! I was pleased with how he looked. You'll find out who his parents are soon!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Chapter 4

After Harry gleefully watched Lacey storm away, he turned and found Pamsy hovering near his best friend, David Gnome. “Oy, Pamsy, thanks for that bit o’ help.” He flipped a piece of candy to her. “For some reason, Lacey Collector has it out for me.”

Screenshot_137.jpg

Pamsy’s eyes grew as large as the full moon, catching the candy. “Aiy that, Harry. Don’t quite know why she’s got a bee in her bum, so I had to say something. Thanks for the candy, Harry. You’re the sweetest guy I know.”

Screenshot_138.jpg

Harry’s face warmed. Maybe Pamsy liked him. The fairy said women would love him. Without thinking, Harry felt a bit silly and wanted to make her laugh so he said, “Here’s a Lacey impression after I scared her.” He waggled his head and made gurgling noises.

Screenshot_141.jpg

Pamsy giggled. “And now yer the silliest. Oh ye do know how to have fun, Harry!”

“Aiy that,” David said, gazing up at Pamsy with cow eyes. Uh oh. Did David have a crush on Pamsy?

Screenshot_140.jpg

Well, it was too late to ask him and anyway if David did like Pamsy, he would have told him. Right?

Harry waved a hand at Pamsy. “So, ye want to go to Flirch’s Spooky party with me? I’ve got me pirate’s costume and could sure use a bonny lass like you at me side for it.”

Screenshot_139.jpg

Pamsy tried to stop him in midsentence but he didn’t look up in time. “Oh, Harry, I’m so sorry, but me and David are going out. Didn’t ye know?”

Screenshot_147.jpg

Mortified, Harry shot a stare at David.

Screenshot_148.jpg

“Och, ye never mentioned that wee bit of information to me, David. And ye claim to be me best friend!”

Screenshot_150.jpg

David shrugged. “Sorry, Harry. Some things I like to keep personal. No worries though. I’m not the jealous type. See ye at the party, eh?”

Screenshot_149.jpg

Harry felt like a horse kicked him in the stomach. “Aiy. See you.” He got up and slowly walked to the library. Might as well get on with the rest of the day, he thought. How plum of him to think his luck had been changed by that fairy. Only a little kid would be convinced a dream was real. Now he understood. There had been no fairy. No beautiful castle. And no fairy blessing. He was just ugly Harry that people liked enough but would always be too different to truly fit in.

As he sulked at his studies, clicking away on the computer, he heard a familiar soft voice behind him. “Hi, Harry.”

Screenshot_152.jpg

His stomach knotted. It was Shem, but he was in no mood to be tortured by her beautiful smile and soft eyes. “Oy,” he said, not turning around.

“Are ye going to Flirch’s party?”

He grunted.

Screenshot_153.jpg

“Well, I’m going,” she went on. “What are ye going as?”

Harry took in a deep breath. She wasn’t going away for some reason. “A pirate. And you?”

Screenshot_155.jpg

“I’ll be a fairy,” she said.

Screenshot_157.jpg

Harry thought her voice sounded like butter on a hot biscuit. But he wouldn’t be tricked into swooning for her. He turned back to his studies. “That’s nice.”

“See you then?”

“Aiy.”

Screenshot_154.jpg

Although Harry tried to not think about her beautiful face and bonny smiles, he couldn’t help himself. A grin tugged at the edges of his mouth. He couldn’t wait to see her in that costume. He had a soft spot for fairies.

When Harry arrived at Flirch’s house, he was amazed at the transformation. The atmosphere was truly spooky.

“Welcome, Harry, to me wee party,” Flirch called out. “Have a look around but watch out for the candy bowl. It has a mind of its own for some reason.”

Screenshot_160.jpg

“Aiy, Flirch. A braw hootenanny if there ever was.”

Screenshot_162.jpg

At that moment, more people streamed into the ballroom, including Lacey Collector. Her skin was colored blue and she came as some sort of strange creature. Harry thought it fitting. Reminded him of Medusa. A perfect witch.

Screenshot_163.jpg

Not wanting a fight with Lacey at the moment, he thought of an excuse quickly. “I think I need some fresh air, Flirch. Be back, eh?”

“Aiy, Harry. There’s a nice table in the back.”

Taking a bowl of chips and sauce, Harry opened the back door. The cool breeze whooshed over his face, making him breathe deeply. “What a lovely evening,” he thought. The moon glowed in the sky, so fitting for a spooky night.

Screenshot_164.jpg

His stomach plunged when he saw Shem outside eating a bit of chicken. He wanted to duck out and go back inside but it was too late. She saw him.

Screenshot_165.jpg

Harry sat next to her, never taking his eyes off his bowl.

“Hello, Harry,” she said with a smile in her voice. Harry was too scared to look up.

“Hi.” Awkwardly, Harry bit into a chip with a loud crunch. Why did sound have to be so loud at night?

Screenshot_166.jpg

“I like yer costume. It’s very handsome.”

She’s casting bait that Harry would not take. “Oh, och, me da lent it to me. Says I’m not to get it dirty as it’s an heirloom from me great grandfather’s days.” At this, a huge dollop of sauce plopped in his lap.

Shem giggled. “I’ll go fetch a wet rag for ye, Harry. Wouldn’t want ye to get in trouble with yer da.”

But before he could stop her, she was out of her seat and inside in a flash.

Screenshot_168.jpg

“Fine that, Harry,” he muttered to himself. “Now she thinks yer a real pig.” He picked up his dishes and went to the scullery, preparing to leave this unlucky night before he caught himself on fire or worse.
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Awww... Poor Harry :( But I think Shem likes Harry, he should be more brave a bit ;)
  • Options
    ElesmeraElesmera Posts: 556 Member
    Great chapter @pammiechick
  • Options
    TwiggyTwiggy Posts: 995 Member
    edited October 2015
    Awesome reading this is! Thank you for sharing this lovely story @pammiechick. In happy anticapation for every new chapter i find myself, aye :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Twiggy wrote: »
    Awesome reading this is! Thank you for sharing this lovely story @pammiechick. In happy anticapation for every new chapter i find myself, aye :)

Aye that! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    I'm liking Harry's character so much! This was a fun use of costumes too. I like that Shem was a fairy, going along with the real fairy that (perhaps) changed his luck. This story is such a pleasure to read!
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    So great. :) I really like the shape of David's face too - he's adorable.
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    nessanewbynessanewby Posts: 241 Member
    Another great story to read! Aye, what a sweetheart poor Harry is - hopefully he will get more brave soon. And Shem is beautiful! Loved the use of the new spooky pack as well. awesome job Pammie :) Too many beautiful things to comment on.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Chapter 5

After Harry washed the dishes and his hands, he made his way to the ballroom to say good night to Flirch and dismiss himself without further embarrassment.

Looking at the floor, he heard the familiar sweet voice over the music, “Oy, Harry! Have ye come to dance with me?”

Screenshot_181.jpg

Stunned, Harry gazed at those bonny brown eyes and milky skin, melting his icy resolve with every moment he spent in her presence. Stammering, he said, “U-Um, well, I don’t know if ye want to, er...I mean to say...I’m not the best dancer...so I best be off and I bid ye a bonny...”

Screenshot_182.jpg

But before he could finish his sentence of dissent, she pulled him toward her and said, “Hogswallow. I’ve seen ye dance and I know yer good at it. Please?”

After much more encouragement from Shem and a fluttering of the eye, Harry gave in and danced for a very long time quite enjoying himself.

Screenshot_180.jpg

But someone in the crowd wasn’t pleased with his fluid dance moves.

Screenshot_178.jpg

After the party was winding to a close and many of his classmates said farewell, Harry gave Shem a piece of candy from the bowl. “Here,” he said, smiling wide.

Grinning, Shem said, slyly, “What is this for, Harry?”

He shrugged. “I just wanted to thank ye fer forcing me to dance. It was fun.” His eyes locked on hers. “You’re very sweet to me, ye know. I’m much obliged.”

Screenshot_179.jpg

Taking the piece of candy, Shem said, “Ye dinna have to thank me, Harry. I like being sweet to you. Ye deserve it more than anyone here.”

Tingles rippled through Harry straight to his heart, warming him. He could feel a connection growing between them that no one could break apart. Her eyes gripped his and he dangled there not knowing what more to say but not wanting to leave. The feeling wasn’t awkward like he’s used to feeling when he’s next to her. It was comfortable and warm and right.

Blushing, Harry winked at her and said, “Och, I best be getting on. Me da might worry if I’m not home within the witching hour.”

Blinking her eyes as if breaking the spell, Shem answered, “Oh yes, I’ve to leave as well. I’m riding home with Lacey. See ye at school then, Harry?”

He smiled. “Aiy.” He turned away from her and ran straight to the punch bowl for he needed to cool down and calm his beating heart. He was sure she could hear it even over the music.

As he was sipping punch, he could overhear Lacey’s irritating voice in the next room. “Harry Horrid?” Lacey screeched.

Screenshot_170.jpg

Harry’s insides jolted at the sound of his name.

“Are ye out yer face, Shem? He’s gonna think yer in love with him smiling at him like that.”

Harry swallowed his punch and went for another glass.

Screenshot_173.jpg

“I did nothing wrong, Lacey. He’s a might sweet and a good dancer. Why not smile?”

Screenshot_169.jpg

“But he’s a troll. A T-R-O-L-L! Ye can’t go out with him so why lead him there?”

Harry couldn’t make out the rest of Shem’s answer, but by the look of things, Shem walked away with Lacey following so she must have said something Lacey liked. Hiding his sneaky eavesdropping, he gulped down the rest of the juice craning his neck back so he couldn’t see their faces.

Screenshot_172.jpg

“Figures,” Harry thought, glancing at his now fourth glass of juice and feeling the affects of the spiked punch. “She’s just being nice to me out of pity. She feels sorry for the ugly troll.” The sound of that horrible beastly name gnawed at him like mealy worms on a dead rat. Tears threatened at the edges of his eyes, but he would not allow them to pool.

Screenshot_177.jpg

Wiping his eyes, he made for the candy bowl only to have it screech, “BOO!” with an explosion of mist in his face.

Screenshot_176.jpg

Harry couldn’t take anymore. Without even saying good-bye to Flirch, he bolted out of the party, down the street toward home.

Screenshot_183.jpg
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Ack! I feel so sorry for Harry! Every time something seems like it's going right for him, something goes wrong. I can't stand bullies, and the poor kids who have to endure them. My heart just breaks for him. :(
  • Options
    Oh, poor Harry... :( I don't like that Lacey, grrr.... :s But I hope Shem won't listen her too much.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Chapter 6

When Harry arrived home, he stood outside for a while, contemplating his life. “It’s no good,” he muttered to himself. “I’ll never fit in. I’ve got to face it. I’m a troll. Me parents had to have been trolls, and so maybe I need to go where they live.” But the thought turned his stomach. He’d heard horrible things about trolls over the years in whispers around him. No one except Lacey Collector would actually come outright and say the truth to him. But he'd heard nevertheless. Trolls were greedy, mean, downright snooty people—especially to gnomes. They thought they were way more intelligent than any other race of people and whenever they’d come in contact with gnomes, they’d let them know their place.

Screenshot_185.jpg

Harry sighed, heavily. He’d never be able to mix with a people like that. He was doomed to a loveless life. His father didn’t marry, so maybe it wasn’t such a bad life after all. And Harry did have friends. That could be enough.

Suddenly his father raced out to meet him. “Harry!”

Screenshot_186.jpg

Once he came up to Harry he said, panting, “Mrs. Collector called and said ye was a-crying, running out the door. What happened, lad? Are ye hurt?” His father’s chest wheezed.

Screenshot_187.jpg

Pulling at his ears, Harry groaned, “Och, what’s she meddling in me affairs for? Can’t a person have a moment’s peace without the whole town knowing yer life? It’s so plumming frustrating!”

Screenshot_189.jpg

“Harry Horrid, ye will not curse around me. I don’t care if yer young adult birthday is in a few days, ye will hold yer tongue and not rant about like a drunken sailor.” He sniffed Harry’s breath. “You’ve had too much punch! Yer breath is curling me nosehairs.”

Screenshot_192.jpg

Harry waved his arms. “Aiy. I’m drunk. Will ye be happy to ground me forever? It won’t make a hill of a difference in me life. Everyone calls me an eejit troll and no one will care to ever see me again. I’m going to me room.”

Screenshot_188.jpg

Softening, Farkus gripped Harry’s arms, whispering, “I’m sorry, son. I know it’s hard on ye. Living in this town where everyone is nosing in yer breeches for signs of gas. But I’m telling ye—yer life will change soon and for the better! Just lift yer head up high, son. And don’t let the likes of some of them brats get ye down. Okay?”

Screenshot_198.jpg

Harry nodded slowly, feeling a bit dizzy and nauseated from the punch. “Am I grounded?” he asked, pitifully.

His father pulled back and the edge of his mouth rose slightly. “No, laddie. I expect when ye wake up in the morning, that’ll be punishment enough.”

Screenshot_193.jpg

Harry had no idea what his father was talking about but he decided he’d best get up to the toilet before he lost all the candy he’d eaten that night on his father’s shoes.

The next morning, Harry’s mouth felt like someone had replaced his tongue with an itchy sock and his head throbbed. His father was right. He felt like plum. It’d be a long time before he could ever stomach another glass of spiked punch.

As he was about to get out of bed, his phone buzzed. “Oy?”

“Oy, Harry.” It was Shem’s beautiful soft voice. Harry’s heart drummed. “Can ye meet me at the Clockworks Club? I’ve got something to ask ye.”

Harry’s heart leaped, trying to fly out of his chest. “Aiy, Shem. I’ll be there at five. Is that good?”

“Aiy, Harry. See you then.”

Screenshot_200.jpg

Instantly, Harry took a selfie to see what he looked like for her.

Placing his head to the side, he said, “Not bad...if it weren’t fer the nose and the beady eyes and green skin, ye’d be a looker, Harry.” He laughed to himself. But he couldn’t do a thing about what the old Maker had given him for a face but he could work on his body. So he decided to start using the weight machine that had gathered dust ever since his father bought it.

Screenshot_199.jpg

Surprisingly, working out was just the solution for a hangover and he felt as good as new by the time he was to meet Shem.

Putting on his finest coat and rolling up his cleanest socks, he made for the club wondering what Shem possibly wanted to talk about.

Screenshot_201.jpg

When he walked in the door, he couldn’t see Shem anywhere, so he figured he’d wait upstairs where he knew the establishment had a nice tv.

Screenshot_202.jpg

Reaching the top of the stairs, he saw a welcome figure sitting on the couch. He gingerly sank into the cushions next to her. “Oy, Shem.”

“Oh, hello, Harry. I’m so glad ye could meet me! Ye look very nice.”

“Thank ye kindly. Ye look as bonny as a Halloween pumpkin, Shem. Orange fits ye.”

Her face colored and she glanced down, shyly. “Thank ye. That’s a sweet thing to say.” Raising her head, she continued, “Listen, one of me friends has a problem and I thought maybe ye could figure out what she could do.”

Screenshot_203.jpg

“Aiy. Can ye tell me her name?”

“Och no. She’d kill me. Anyway, so this friend likes a boy but every time she tries to show him how she feels, he runs away from her.”

Harry scratched his chin in thought. “Sounds like the lad is a frightened rat. Does she know he likes her?”

Screenshot_204.jpg

Shem’s face turned bright red and she nodded. “She can tell because she catches him staring at her all the time in school, but he doesn’t know she sees him.”

Harry’s insides tickled. He always stared at Shem in school but he was sure she never knew this. Could she be talking about him? “Och, I m-mean...” Harry stammered. “The galoot probably is just a-scared of her, Shem. She’s so bonny and kind and way above him that...”

Shem inched closer to him. “Oh, Harry...I’m not way above you.”

Like a bird coming back to the warm nest, Harry gazed into Shem’s comforting eyes. “Yer not?”

“No...but yer right about one thing. I think yer a big galoot for running off on me all the time. It’s hard enough to show ye how I feel. After I told off Lacey for the mean things she said about ye, I tried to find ye at the party and heard ye had run off. I’m not friends with her anymore, ye know.”

Screenshot_206.jpg

Harry didn’t hear a word she said. His brain was all woozy just by being next to her warmth and her lilac scent. “Mmm...”he murmured.

“Are ye listening to me, Harry?”

Waking out of his dream, he almost pinched himself to see if this was real. Not like that fairy in the woods. Putting his arm around her, he said, “Aiy, I’m listening. I just canna believe it, Shem. I’m so happy. If ye stuck a pin in me I’d burst.”

Screenshot_205.jpg

Shem giggled. “Dinna worry, silly boy. I’m not going to ever stick a pin in ye.”
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    It seems I was right, Shem likes Harry and it's mutual <3 Yay! :blush: And this steampunk building, what is it? I love it very much <3 All sims and buildings are so beautiful in your story :) Now I'm looking for the new update as always ;)
  • Options
    @roseinblack69 Thank you! That's one of my creations called The Clockworks Club. You can get it here: The Clockworks Club

And the party was at another one of my houses: The Haunted Victorian
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you for sharing @pammiechick <3 I really need to have these buildings in my library, they are totally into my style ;)
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Adorbs. :)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    Love love Loving this story! Too sweet! :)
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    The talk of sticking pins reminded me of voodoo dolls!

I was so relieved she actually was there waiting for him, and it wasn't a prank anyone set up! I love the picture that shows both their profiles. She's so dainty and pretty, and you get such a good shot of how his nose and chin sort of make a C. Such a nice contrast between the two. I really love him.

Your builds are so amazing. I think I'll have to download a few and put them here and there in my game. I haven't done up Merri's town too much yet. In my old games I had every lot customized, but somehow haven't felt like creating a whole bunch for a third time... especially when I see lots like this, that have such incredible detail!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    sabreene wrote: »
    The talk of sticking pins reminded me of voodoo dolls!

I was so relieved she actually was there waiting for him, and it wasn't a prank anyone set up! I love the picture that shows both their profiles. She's so dainty and pretty, and you get such a good shot of how his nose and chin sort of make a C. Such a nice contrast between the two. I really love him.

Your builds are so amazing. I think I'll have to download a few and put them here and there in my game. I haven't done up Merri's town too much yet. In my old games I had every lot customized, but somehow haven't felt like creating a whole bunch for a third time... especially when I see lots like this, that have such incredible detail!

Yes...I think I had voodoo dolls on the brain since I just put one in a spooky build I just did. Ha!

Oh I'd love to see some of my builds in your story!! I'm a steampunk freak. I think you'd like my Hidden Secrets Mill. I'll get the link for you later as I'm not on my computer (ipad).

Glad you all are liking this story! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @pammiechick I'm also big fan of steampunk, goth and cyberpunk style, I could call it my world ;)