July 3 - No Friday without a Friday Highlight! Find this week's highlighted discussions here.
June 27 - Let's pick our Best of Simming for June 2020!

__________

Comments

  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited September 2015
    what warlods sold in 24h the 3.3 millions was both physical and digital purchuase, also the same for diablo 3 reaper of souls
    Reaper of Souls sold 2.7 million copies in its first week on sale.[13] As of August 2014, Diablo III and Reaper of Souls have combined sales of 20 million copies
    that is combined physical and multiplataform.

    then sims 4 don't sold 3.3 millions he could sold more than warlods and reaper in physical copies but overal both games sold more than sims 4, that chart don't count digital sales.

    currently the top game world sales is minecraft which already sold more than 20 millions of copies
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_games that list if i'm not wrong is up to start of 2013.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited September 2015
    Corey785 wrote: »
    Apparently the rumor is somewhere around 2 million. Not a commercial "failure" but certainly not a success especially compared to the TS3, which sold early eight million copies its first year if I remember correctly. Whenever EA gets big sales figures, they boast about it, they haven't done it with TS4 yet so that's not a good sign.

    They haven't boasted about Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mass Effect 3 or PVZ: Garden Warfare and they were very popular at least seemed to be, I wouldn't say EA not boasting about their profits means they're not making as much profits.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Corey785 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 has most likely sold around eight billion copies. B)

    Really? I heard the absence of Justine Keaton made it only 4 billion!!

    This is true, Justine Keaton sent messages to many of my friends telling them not to buy the game because she wasn't featured in it. Hopefully this will show MAXIS that people are requesting a Justine Keaton Expansion Pack with the features:

    - Style like Justine Keaton(but look less fabulous)
    - Live the luxurious lifestyle of Justine Keaton(only less luxuriously)
    - New Venue: The Justine Keaton Hall of Fame, where you can incite with your friends many of Justine Keaton's finest moments.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited September 2015
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Corey785 wrote: »
    Apparently the rumor is somewhere around 2 million. Not a commercial "failure" but certainly not a success especially compared to the TS3, which sold early eight million copies its first year if I remember correctly. Whenever EA gets big sales figures, they boast about it, they haven't done it with TS4 yet so that's not a good sign.

    They haven't boasted about Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mass Effect 3 or PVZ: Garden Warfare and they were very popular at least seemed to be, I wouldn't say EA not boasting about their profits means they're not making as much profits.

    actually EA have talked about Dragon Age sales numbers in a interview, they talked about dagon age sales.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    james64468 wrote: »
    ZStavros wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of The Sims series since The Sims 2. Personally i love The Sims 4. Many people think that Sims 4 is a commercial failure. I think that this is wrong! Does anyone know if is anything official?
    Thanks in advance! :)

    If The Sims 4 was doing well why do they go do 48 hour trials on it. I even had my friend try it. She didn't like the gameplay. She did like the build mode.
    Look I believe that it a failure based upon EA stocks. It don't really offer much gameplay. It gets boring faster than Sims 3. We not received as many patches as we should. This month really didn't shock me. We got two patches in one month.
    Different games for different folks. Not everybody going to like the game. That should be fine with the ones that like Sims 4.

    Because they do 48 Hour Trials on all their games.
    How fun the game is or how much gameplay it offers to respective players is mostly based on bias opinions, everyone has their own opinion about The Sims 4 and almost all of the time, it will be bias, to some there's hardly any gameplay worth mentioning, to others, there's still gameplay aspects they've yet to explore even after a year, to some it's boring to others it's fun and some people got bored quicker with The Sims 3. We receive monthly patches, and so far that's more than any previous iteration and I don't think we need more constant patches, as for some of us, it gets annoying having to find mods that no longer work due to the updates and sometimes the game doesn't run for people who forget to move their mods folder. 2 Patches that have fixed many problems and added a bit of new gameplay is good in my own personal opinion.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,526 Member
    edited September 2015
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Corey785 wrote: »
    Apparently the rumor is somewhere around 2 million. Not a commercial "failure" but certainly not a success especially compared to the TS3, which sold early eight million copies its first year if I remember correctly. Whenever EA gets big sales figures, they boast about it, they haven't done it with TS4 yet so that's not a good sign.

    They haven't boasted about Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mass Effect 3 or PVZ: Garden Warfare and they were very popular at least seemed to be, I wouldn't say EA not boasting about their profits means they're not making as much profits.

    They did brag about Dragon Age: Inquisition's sales, actually. It beat ME3's launch sales, apparently. They didn't give numbers, but they certainly were quite vocal about how well it did at launch. http://www.inquisitr.com/1796388/dragon-age-inquisition-sold-more-copies-at-launch-than-any-other-bioware-game-including-mass-effect/

    Edit: Even more interesting, read this shareholder report. It's all about "This one game is selling well and on this chart, this other game has gazilllion hours already logged, and Sims 4 has released new content."

    http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/0x0x805234/BE08DDDD-026A-4C22-A1DC-0D5ECAF58B18/Q3_FY15_Earnings_Script.pdf

    One more edit: Sims 4 is profitable. The DLC helps it a lot as far as that goes. But the launch was not what they expected either. Since the picture they paint is as bright as possible (as you can see in the previous one as well) I'm not sure that profitable = as well as expected. http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/745676646x0x844037/5A41024A-B46C-4471-A08B-12A5062553A2/EA-Transcript-2015-07-30T21_00.pdf
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Corey785 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 has most likely sold around eight billion copies. B)

    Really? I heard the absence of Justine Keaton made it only 4 billion!!

    This is true, Justine Keaton sent messages to many of my friends telling them not to buy the game because she wasn't featured in it. Hopefully this will show MAXIS that people are requesting a Justine Keaton Expansion Pack with the features:

    - Style like Justine Keaton(but look less fabulous)
    - Live the luxurious lifestyle of Justine Keaton(only less luxuriously)
    - New Venue: The Justine Keaton Hall of Fame, where you can incite with your friends many of Justine Keaton's finest moments.

    This the best laugh I've had all day and I'm usually a big grump thank you for the big laugh :D:#
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,622 Member
    So now we are basing the game off Simcity sales? Granted that game was pretty bad if they abandoned after a year but some people still play it. But TS4 hasn't been abandoned so I see it succeeding beyond other games in the Sims series.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 18,479 Member
    We might know the sales figures, but if existing customers don't keep buying the Sims 4 games, it is common business knowledge they'll lose 80% of their revenue from 20% of their existing customers: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jerryjao/2014/11/19/why-customer-retention-is-king-the-evolution-of-retention-marketing-part-1/
    "The Sneetches got really quite smart on that day. The day they decided that Sneetches are Sneetches. And no kind of Sneetch is the best on the beaches. That day, all the Sneetches forgot about stars and whether they had one, or not, upon thars." -Dr. Seuss

    Everyone is a Simmer.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Corey785 wrote: »
    Apparently the rumor is somewhere around 2 million. Not a commercial "failure" but certainly not a success especially compared to the TS3, which sold early eight million copies its first year if I remember correctly. Whenever EA gets big sales figures, they boast about it, they haven't done it with TS4 yet so that's not a good sign.

    They haven't boasted about Dragon Age: Inquisition, Mass Effect 3 or PVZ: Garden Warfare and they were very popular at least seemed to be, I wouldn't say EA not boasting about their profits means they're not making as much profits.

    They did brag about Dragon Age: Inquisition's sales, actually. It beat ME3's launch sales, apparently. They didn't give numbers, but they certainly were quite vocal about how well it did at launch. http://www.inquisitr.com/1796388/dragon-age-inquisition-sold-more-copies-at-launch-than-any-other-bioware-game-including-mass-effect/

    Edit: Even more interesting, read this shareholder report. It's all about "This one game is selling well and on this chart, this other game has gazilllion hours already logged, and Sims 4 has released new content."

    http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/0x0x805234/BE08DDDD-026A-4C22-A1DC-0D5ECAF58B18/Q3_FY15_Earnings_Script.pdf

    One more edit: Sims 4 is profitable. The DLC helps it a lot as far as that goes. But the launch was not what they expected either. Since the picture they paint is as bright as possible (as you can see in the previous one as well) I'm not sure that profitable = as well as expected. http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/745676646x0x844037/5A41024A-B46C-4471-A08B-12A5062553A2/EA-Transcript-2015-07-30T21_00.pdf

    Oh thank you, that was very insightful, sorry I thought I looked at all the news for my favourite games XD
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,755 Member
    I don't know any reason why I personally would want to know how much the Sims 4 has sold. People either want to know this because;
    A.) They want to be able to prove that TS4 is a flop commercially and entertainment wise.
    B.) They want to to prove the people in A wrong.
    C.) They're just curious and want to know how well the game is selling.
    Nothings wrong with either of said answers, but that's just my own observation from the forums :T
    I think if Maxis is still able to pump out SPs, GPs, and EPs, we can assume that they're selling enough to keep the game going.

    D. They want to know if it did sell 'billions' where in the heck are the toddlers then and all the other stuff, can't be so 'expensive' if the game is making a killing. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2015
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Just a memo - Sim City 2013 sold 2 million copies out of the gate - even among the uproar - where is Sims City 2013 now?.

    Also numbers we do have on the Sims also include the number of the ep and not just the base game - so that practically halves the number of base games sold - meaning the number of players willing to spend money on the game.

    Last I know a fair number of simmers bought the base game that were upset to start with having no toddlers to 1- to see if the game could still be enjoyable or two to have the basegame when the DEVs fulfilled on their top priority to give the players the toddlers and other missing thing - but when the devs did not do as promised - then these players are not still buying the game.

    So if anything the numbers available are 1- skewered and 2- I understand is only the numbers that were sold on disk. So actually knowing how well or how badly the Sims 4 has done thus for is really and truly an unknown as long as EA does not tell us - we can only speculate.

    Also keep in mind - many of us who are unhappy with Sims 4 - could be made happy with the game if we could feel Maxis acted upon their promises to finish the base game to a point we could enjoy our play style. I do not see how it is possible for The Sims 4 to fully reach it's potential as long as the game and the studio can justify alienating at least half the fans. When fans claim they have played this game 14 years and can still love it as flawed as Sims 3 was - it makes new possible players look twice at a game that can hold onto to their player base so long. A far better way to entice in new players than alienating a now nearly 16 year fan base into no longer able to enjoy the game they so loved because Maxis found them unimportant enough to include their play style. What do potential new players say when they see post after post of unsatisfied long time fans all over the internet - not just here? They would be fools to invest in a game that hardcore fans can not even love - and many people will do just that -look elsewhere.

    Truthfully when Maxis makes a game everyone can enjoy it can only result in a win-win and bring in more new blood into the mix - and that is a fact of marketing 101.

    You post some of the most un-sourced facts I swear.

    The 2 million PHYSICAL units do not include EP data. Also SimCity sold 2 million physical and digital.
    ALSO SimCity got more content than any other SimCity game. All SimCity games only get one Expansion. EA did not drop the game, it ended it's natural cycle.

    What sources do you have to back up your claims?

    It will take me awhile to dig up my source, but I do remember a former Maxis employee talking about SimCity 4's development being cannibalized by The Sims 2, which was a major project for Maxis at the time. SimCity 4 ceased production when The Sims turned out to be the bigger seller of the two.

    Let's skip ahead to March 2013 when SimCity was released, it was supposed to be a major player for the Maxis brand; a brand that for 5+ years was nonexistent. Maxis was dropped from The Sims 2 games, and it became The Sims Studio. The Sims Studio, under the EA Play label, was the studio that developed and released The Sims 3 + all content until University. It wasn't until SimCity was announced that Maxis (as a brand) reemerged. Even then, it was all about SimCity and their new focus on always online gaming.

    The truth behind SimCity 2013, is that it was a commercial failure. The community was clear with what they wanted, and Maxis (more specifically Lucy Bradshaw) responded saying offline play was not possible. Well needless to say the entire studio was caught in a lie when the game was hacked and played offline for nearly 30 minutes. Something Maxis assured players was impossible. Maxis, as a last ditch effort, designed an offline mode, but released a statement saying larger maps were not gonna happen. When a company admits it can't deliver, that's when people stop buying. So no, SimCity wasn't the result of a typical development cycle. It's what happens when a developer doesn't listen to their customers; The Sims 4 is developed by the same studio, and unsurprisingly enough the developers are not delivering.

    http://www.cinemablend.com/games/SimCity-Sells-2-Million-Copies-EA-Happy-Despite-Major-Player-Drop-Off-57766.html


    and that was the same figures (EA) tossed around to us Stock Holders at the stockholder Conference Call it was late July 2013 - about 4 plus months after release as far as Sims City numbers. There was not been much said about Sims City at the meetings since.

    I get the most info about EA's varies games directly from Stockholders meetings and Conference calls - but truthfully I do NOT see a lot of game selling numbers like they used to report unless a game is doing amazing. You mainly hear of games like Fifa, Madden, Dragon Age, and this last stock holders meeting was all that plus a lot about Star Wars, Titanfall, the newest Battlefield, some Need for Speed - I forget what else other than lots of joy over the mobile apps from Sims like Sims City and Freeplay apps and other various apps they have. I saw numbers on mobile - it was like 585 million - so no wonder they talk about those. BUt Sims 4 nothing good , but nothing bad - the best I got out of the bare mention was it was performing as expected. So what ever that means - your guess is as good as mine.

    Truthfully the only time I saw numbers associated with Sims 4 was when it finally crossed the million mark worldwide - if I recall it was right before Thanksgiving in 2014 and was being ridiculed by a lot of the big review mags because Sims 2 and 2 had reached that kind of goal their first few days of release. But that was the only time any real numbers that seemed legit and mentioned both retail and digital sales in regard to Sims 4. Since then they have released to Macs which surely added to the totals never mind the various packs that probably prompted some non-buying simmers to buy - and there was in between all that the Christmas Holidays. So I can see where they most like do have over 2 million easily by now - even if a lot of people are unhappy with them - a lot of those same people did buy the base game so the release total of the base game could well be in that area or higher. Fact is we are only speculating unless EA says otherwise - but I just figure if it crossed the 1 mil mark in Nov of 2014 odds are with all that in between it should be at least 2 mil.

    I do have a feeling if it was really disappointing that even if the CEO did not mention it at the Stock holders meeting - he would have indicated something at the conference call quarter meeting prior to that and all I saw was pretty much the same thing he said at the stock holders meeting. Oh he did mention at the stock holders meeting Sims 4 Get Together was coming out in November and said they would continue giving the Sims 4 fans monthly updates.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 24,585 Member
    Lets put it this way, if they game was a roaring success, they would have let us now by now, instead, they use clever words that state the game is 'big' yet we are actually yet to see actual proof of that...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ZStavrosZStavros Posts: 48 Member
    edited September 2019
    __________
    Post edited by ZStavros on
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    ZStavros wrote: »
    We just read speculations and estimates! I want a formal response from EA!

    I think it's quite clear how the game as not been the best of the series by the way simmers reacted to this version. It's not speculation it's fact.
  • ZStavrosZStavros Posts: 48 Member
    edited September 2019
    __________
    Post edited by ZStavros on
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,318 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Just a memo - Sim City 2013 sold 2 million copies out of the gate - even among the uproar - where is Sims City 2013 now?.

    Also numbers we do have on the Sims also include the number of the ep and not just the base game - so that practically halves the number of base games sold - meaning the number of players willing to spend money on the game.

    Last I know a fair number of simmers bought the base game that were upset to start with having no toddlers to 1- to see if the game could still be enjoyable or two to have the basegame when the DEVs fulfilled on their top priority to give the players the toddlers and other missing thing - but when the devs did not do as promised - then these players are not still buying the game.

    So if anything the numbers available are 1- skewered and 2- I understand is only the numbers that were sold on disk. So actually knowing how well or how badly the Sims 4 has done thus for is really and truly an unknown as long as EA does not tell us - we can only speculate.

    Also keep in mind - many of us who are unhappy with Sims 4 - could be made happy with the game if we could feel Maxis acted upon their promises to finish the base game to a point we could enjoy our play style. I do not see how it is possible for The Sims 4 to fully reach it's potential as long as the game and the studio can justify alienating at least half the fans. When fans claim they have played this game 14 years and can still love it as flawed as Sims 3 was - it makes new possible players look twice at a game that can hold onto to their player base so long. A far better way to entice in new players than alienating a now nearly 16 year fan base into no longer able to enjoy the game they so loved because Maxis found them unimportant enough to include their play style. What do potential new players say when they see post after post of unsatisfied long time fans all over the internet - not just here? They would be fools to invest in a game that hardcore fans can not even love - and many people will do just that -look elsewhere.

    Truthfully when Maxis makes a game everyone can enjoy it can only result in a win-win and bring in more new blood into the mix - and that is a fact of marketing 101.

    You post some of the most un-sourced facts I swear.

    The 2 million PHYSICAL units do not include EP data. Also SimCity sold 2 million physical and digital.
    ALSO SimCity got more content than any other SimCity game. All SimCity games only get one Expansion. EA did not drop the game, it ended it's natural cycle.

    I do? You who posted a Aprils fool joke from another site as proof that Maxis was making a weather ep with disasters. At least I attend the stock holders conference calls and keep abreast of my stock in EA and base things off of more than just the Sims. I have a wider interest than just this game. I look at facts whether or not you want to believe them. Honestly - you will go to any length you can for reasons I cannot understand to try and disprove things you do not agree with. I find I still rather trust what I see and hear from the company over anything I see and hear on the forum - especially from you trying to call me out for lord knows why - because you don't actually like facts. Again need I mention the April Fools joke you tried to prove your weather ep was being made by maxis and how you claim to only get your info from EA and not other sites. That was not from EA but from other sites.

    I was wondering if you had stock. I'm glad you said so. I've been thinking about getting some for years now, but just can't seem to make that leap. Too nervous.

    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,526 Member
    windweaver wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Just a memo - Sim City 2013 sold 2 million copies out of the gate - even among the uproar - where is Sims City 2013 now?.

    Also numbers we do have on the Sims also include the number of the ep and not just the base game - so that practically halves the number of base games sold - meaning the number of players willing to spend money on the game.

    Last I know a fair number of simmers bought the base game that were upset to start with having no toddlers to 1- to see if the game could still be enjoyable or two to have the basegame when the DEVs fulfilled on their top priority to give the players the toddlers and other missing thing - but when the devs did not do as promised - then these players are not still buying the game.

    So if anything the numbers available are 1- skewered and 2- I understand is only the numbers that were sold on disk. So actually knowing how well or how badly the Sims 4 has done thus for is really and truly an unknown as long as EA does not tell us - we can only speculate.

    Also keep in mind - many of us who are unhappy with Sims 4 - could be made happy with the game if we could feel Maxis acted upon their promises to finish the base game to a point we could enjoy our play style. I do not see how it is possible for The Sims 4 to fully reach it's potential as long as the game and the studio can justify alienating at least half the fans. When fans claim they have played this game 14 years and can still love it as flawed as Sims 3 was - it makes new possible players look twice at a game that can hold onto to their player base so long. A far better way to entice in new players than alienating a now nearly 16 year fan base into no longer able to enjoy the game they so loved because Maxis found them unimportant enough to include their play style. What do potential new players say when they see post after post of unsatisfied long time fans all over the internet - not just here? They would be fools to invest in a game that hardcore fans can not even love - and many people will do just that -look elsewhere.

    Truthfully when Maxis makes a game everyone can enjoy it can only result in a win-win and bring in more new blood into the mix - and that is a fact of marketing 101.

    You post some of the most un-sourced facts I swear.

    The 2 million PHYSICAL units do not include EP data. Also SimCity sold 2 million physical and digital.
    ALSO SimCity got more content than any other SimCity game. All SimCity games only get one Expansion. EA did not drop the game, it ended it's natural cycle.

    I do? You who posted a Aprils fool joke from another site as proof that Maxis was making a weather ep with disasters. At least I attend the stock holders conference calls and keep abreast of my stock in EA and base things off of more than just the Sims. I have a wider interest than just this game. I look at facts whether or not you want to believe them. Honestly - you will go to any length you can for reasons I cannot understand to try and disprove things you do not agree with. I find I still rather trust what I see and hear from the company over anything I see and hear on the forum - especially from you trying to call me out for lord knows why - because you don't actually like facts. Again need I mention the April Fools joke you tried to prove your weather ep was being made by maxis and how you claim to only get your info from EA and not other sites. That was not from EA but from other sites.

    I was wondering if you had stock. I'm glad you said so. I've been thinking about getting some for years now, but just can't seem to make that leap. Too nervous.

    Piece of advice -- if you're just starting investing, look into no-load mutual funds. You can get a mid-cap growth fund that probably has EA stock.

    <==not a salesperson. Just that mutual funds and ETFs are very good for new investors depending on how they want to invest.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Just a memo - Sim City 2013 sold 2 million copies out of the gate - even among the uproar - where is Sims City 2013 now?.

    Also numbers we do have on the Sims also include the number of the ep and not just the base game - so that practically halves the number of base games sold - meaning the number of players willing to spend money on the game.

    Last I know a fair number of simmers bought the base game that were upset to start with having no toddlers to 1- to see if the game could still be enjoyable or two to have the basegame when the DEVs fulfilled on their top priority to give the players the toddlers and other missing thing - but when the devs did not do as promised - then these players are not still buying the game.

    So if anything the numbers available are 1- skewered and 2- I understand is only the numbers that were sold on disk. So actually knowing how well or how badly the Sims 4 has done thus for is really and truly an unknown as long as EA does not tell us - we can only speculate.

    Also keep in mind - many of us who are unhappy with Sims 4 - could be made happy with the game if we could feel Maxis acted upon their promises to finish the base game to a point we could enjoy our play style. I do not see how it is possible for The Sims 4 to fully reach it's potential as long as the game and the studio can justify alienating at least half the fans. When fans claim they have played this game 14 years and can still love it as flawed as Sims 3 was - it makes new possible players look twice at a game that can hold onto to their player base so long. A far better way to entice in new players than alienating a now nearly 16 year fan base into no longer able to enjoy the game they so loved because Maxis found them unimportant enough to include their play style. What do potential new players say when they see post after post of unsatisfied long time fans all over the internet - not just here? They would be fools to invest in a game that hardcore fans can not even love - and many people will do just that -look elsewhere.

    Truthfully when Maxis makes a game everyone can enjoy it can only result in a win-win and bring in more new blood into the mix - and that is a fact of marketing 101.

    You post some of the most un-sourced facts I swear.

    The 2 million PHYSICAL units do not include EP data. Also SimCity sold 2 million physical and digital.
    ALSO SimCity got more content than any other SimCity game. All SimCity games only get one Expansion. EA did not drop the game, it ended it's natural cycle.

    You who posted a Aprils fool joke from another site as proof that Maxis was making a weather ep with disasters. At least I attend the stock

    This again had me thinking who could even believe it would be possible for them to add disasters when we cant even get toddlers.!!!!!! I am still laughing about this. :p

    We have like 10 houses per world. I could just see it now EA gives us tornadoes and earthquakes which would no doubt total all our builds and kill all our sims in one shot. Gives a whole new meaning to culling LOL which I think the game already has enough of. :s
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Just a memo - Sim City 2013 sold 2 million copies out of the gate - even among the uproar - where is Sims City 2013 now?.

    Also numbers we do have on the Sims also include the number of the ep and not just the base game - so that practically halves the number of base games sold - meaning the number of players willing to spend money on the game.

    Last I know a fair number of simmers bought the base game that were upset to start with having no toddlers to 1- to see if the game could still be enjoyable or two to have the basegame when the DEVs fulfilled on their top priority to give the players the toddlers and other missing thing - but when the devs did not do as promised - then these players are not still buying the game.

    So if anything the numbers available are 1- skewered and 2- I understand is only the numbers that were sold on disk. So actually knowing how well or how badly the Sims 4 has done thus for is really and truly an unknown as long as EA does not tell us - we can only speculate.

    Also keep in mind - many of us who are unhappy with Sims 4 - could be made happy with the game if we could feel Maxis acted upon their promises to finish the base game to a point we could enjoy our play style. I do not see how it is possible for The Sims 4 to fully reach it's potential as long as the game and the studio can justify alienating at least half the fans. When fans claim they have played this game 14 years and can still love it as flawed as Sims 3 was - it makes new possible players look twice at a game that can hold onto to their player base so long. A far better way to entice in new players than alienating a now nearly 16 year fan base into no longer able to enjoy the game they so loved because Maxis found them unimportant enough to include their play style. What do potential new players say when they see post after post of unsatisfied long time fans all over the internet - not just here? They would be fools to invest in a game that hardcore fans can not even love - and many people will do just that -look elsewhere.

    Truthfully when Maxis makes a game everyone can enjoy it can only result in a win-win and bring in more new blood into the mix - and that is a fact of marketing 101.

    You post some of the most un-sourced facts I swear.

    The 2 million PHYSICAL units do not include EP data. Also SimCity sold 2 million physical and digital.
    ALSO SimCity got more content than any other SimCity game. All SimCity games only get one Expansion. EA did not drop the game, it ended it's natural cycle.

    You who posted a Aprils fool joke from another site as proof that Maxis was making a weather ep with disasters. At least I attend the stock

    This again had me thinking who could even believe it would be possible for them to add disasters when we cant even get toddlers.!!!!!! I am still laughing about this. :p

    We have like 10 houses per world. I could just see it now EA gives us tornadoes and earthquakes which would no doubt total all our builds and kill all our sims in one shot. Gives a whole new meaning to culling LOL which I think the game already has enough of. :s

    you are crazy???? according to the gurus this game can't have disasters, this game is rated T - toddlers to play any form of violence or darkness is forbidden for god sake.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2015
    windweaver wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Just a memo - Sim City 2013 sold 2 million copies out of the gate - even among the uproar - where is Sims City 2013 now?.

    Also numbers we do have on the Sims also include the number of the ep and not just the base game - so that practically halves the number of base games sold - meaning the number of players willing to spend money on the game.

    Last I know a fair number of simmers bought the base game that were upset to start with having no toddlers to 1- to see if the game could still be enjoyable or two to have the basegame when the DEVs fulfilled on their top priority to give the players the toddlers and other missing thing - but when the devs did not do as promised - then these players are not still buying the game.

    So if anything the numbers available are 1- skewered and 2- I understand is only the numbers that were sold on disk. So actually knowing how well or how badly the Sims 4 has done thus for is really and truly an unknown as long as EA does not tell us - we can only speculate.

    Also keep in mind - many of us who are unhappy with Sims 4 - could be made happy with the game if we could feel Maxis acted upon their promises to finish the base game to a point we could enjoy our play style. I do not see how it is possible for The Sims 4 to fully reach it's potential as long as the game and the studio can justify alienating at least half the fans. When fans claim they have played this game 14 years and can still love it as flawed as Sims 3 was - it makes new possible players look twice at a game that can hold onto to their player base so long. A far better way to entice in new players than alienating a now nearly 16 year fan base into no longer able to enjoy the game they so loved because Maxis found them unimportant enough to include their play style. What do potential new players say when they see post after post of unsatisfied long time fans all over the internet - not just here? They would be fools to invest in a game that hardcore fans can not even love - and many people will do just that -look elsewhere.

    Truthfully when Maxis makes a game everyone can enjoy it can only result in a win-win and bring in more new blood into the mix - and that is a fact of marketing 101.

    You post some of the most un-sourced facts I swear.

    The 2 million PHYSICAL units do not include EP data. Also SimCity sold 2 million physical and digital.
    ALSO SimCity got more content than any other SimCity game. All SimCity games only get one Expansion. EA did not drop the game, it ended it's natural cycle.

    I do? You who posted a Aprils fool joke from another site as proof that Maxis was making a weather ep with disasters. At least I attend the stock holders conference calls and keep abreast of my stock in EA and base things off of more than just the Sims. I have a wider interest than just this game. I look at facts whether or not you want to believe them. Honestly - you will go to any length you can for reasons I cannot understand to try and disprove things you do not agree with. I find I still rather trust what I see and hear from the company over anything I see and hear on the forum - especially from you trying to call me out for lord knows why - because you don't actually like facts. Again need I mention the April Fools joke you tried to prove your weather ep was being made by maxis and how you claim to only get your info from EA and not other sites. That was not from EA but from other sites.

    I was wondering if you had stock. I'm glad you said so. I've been thinking about getting some for years now, but just can't seem to make that leap. Too nervous.

    Hey Windweaver -

    Yes - we (actually it is my hubbies stock) have had EA stock for some time, when we got it, it was listed as Erts - but at the publishing company my hubby worked for their 401 K retirement plan was all stock market based IRA's and that's actually how we got started in following and investing the market. I have a weird way of choosing stock by choosing companies I use and usually like the products of. (I am also fussy about a company being people, environmental, and animals friendly - I look into their humanitarian side, the charities they support, and made sure they don't do animal testing of products - I check causes they support. I am real fussy about things like that. I don't care how much money they have made investors if they hurt people and animals to do it, I don't invest. I actually protest companies that don't care about the world around them.)

    I follow all their financial meetings and stock holders meetings etc - so I pretty much know whats going on with in the companies as well as things they invest in - plans in the works, even in the products they have I don't buy. But yes we buy long term - I don't do shorts. (Also I only follow the companies I have added or plan to add to the portfolio, hubbies follows his picks - I don't. but he knows not to add companies that do not care about people, animals, and the environment - because then he will have me to deal with. LOL.) I find shorts only for people who have a lot of money they can lose and that is not me. But long term investments even if the stocks drop (like EA did under CEO JR) and they have potential in the future, they are worth keeping in your investment portfolio. Right now is not really a good time to invest in EA unless you have a lot of money to invest and do not mind paying a real high price. When we invested in EA their price was in the lowwww 20's and even at that price we lost a lot of money under JR when the priced dropped in the really low teens. Hubby kept saying he was dropping them - but I persisted and now he is glad. They have never been so high as they are presently - which is great for us and people who bought when they were low - the dividends are great. But investing right now means you are going to pay a much higher price than we did - and it is hard to say if the rate will go higher or not - as right now EA is in a very sweet spot to have long term investments in for the one who already owns some stock. All I can say is watch what EA is doing by attending the meetings, watch how their studios are doing - oh and get past not liking some things or else it might cloud your judgment. Like I am not a fan of apps - but we all know EA is all about apps. For investment principle it's a great idea - for my head thinking my fav game may end up nothing more than an app and I don't do apps - it gives me a headache. So what I do is watch the other games and other investments and try not to let my concern (actually my fear more than anything) of Sims cloud my business sense as far as EA goes. You have to keep an open mind, even if you don't want to.

    But long term investment in EA - I do believe it is a good company to invest in now a days under Andrew Wilson. I like him and his background. I will say I was a little shaken at my core of Lucy leaving and Rachel being given a higher position - but again that is because it is "my" game that is affected by that and not EA in general. I do know some of the other moves EA has done recently as far as bringing a few new people besides those two are extremely good decisions. Between the female they brought in for the Mobile apps as well as the one for the Montreal Studios are both great moves, among a few other bits of shuffling. So putting on my company thinking cap and taking off my Sims one - EA has made some good decisions. It is hard for me though to keep an open mind where RF is concerned - so I will wait and see what moves she makes in the larger sense. It is really being able to live between a rock and a hard place when ones fav game is involved, especially when I am not liking my fav game right now. LOL. So I just have to look beyond that.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

  • Why do people here want to know how much sims 4 sold so bad?
    Oh wait I know..it so you haters can have a reason and proof to say sims 4 is a flop right? Pretty pathetic really :P
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,526 Member
    Maybe they want to have an idea if the game direction may change. Anyway, what happened to Maxis and the shareholder reports really does give a lot of information. Nothing to do with being a hater.
  • ZStavrosZStavros Posts: 48 Member
    edited September 2019
    __________
    Post edited by ZStavros on
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 18,479 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Maybe they want to have an idea if the game direction may change. Anyway, what happened to Maxis and the shareholder reports really does give a lot of information. Nothing to do with being a hater.
    Yeah I love following shareholders reports. It's quite interesting knowing how the accounting works for different companies. Some of us work in the business field and some invest in the company. Why shouldn't people who can think for themselves be curious about things? I feel sorry when people can't and have to label people based on their own insecurities.
    "The Sneetches got really quite smart on that day. The day they decided that Sneetches are Sneetches. And no kind of Sneetch is the best on the beaches. That day, all the Sneetches forgot about stars and whether they had one, or not, upon thars." -Dr. Seuss

    Everyone is a Simmer.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top