Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Daily Stories and Legacies Index Newsfeed

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @peatock , who is writing The Velasco Legacy for Sims 4 , and @HopeyStarr , who has completed Queen Bee for Sims 4! Be sure to check them out from the index listing!

Completed Stories:

Congratulations @eXokamikaze for completing 8 Toddlers, a Toddler Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "ninjapigsims"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Moonlight Serenade for Sims 4 by @MDianaSanders that updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Eternal Sunshine"!

Milestones:

Congrats @PrincessLala14 for completing Generation Nine of the Alphabet Alphabetacy for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing under "Sims by Steph"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    Thanks for featuring me, @mastressalita! :)<3

Returning Stories:

@Persefona711 's Parentcy Challenge: Moore Family for Sims 4 has returned from hiatus! Check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Through Colourblind Eyes, a music-themed Rainbowacy for Sims 3 by @itsjulie that updated today! You can find it in the index listing!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors:
    • @Gilplum , who is writing The Key for Sims 4 at "Gilplum's Blog"!
    • @irishshedevil , who is writing Life After the Freeze for Sims 3!
    • @lilypadmeulin , who is writing The Waveborn Legacy for Sims 4!
    • @tammyjo329 , who is writing A Murky Story in Nukecrest, a Post-Apocalyptic Murkland Starter Challenge for Sims 4 at "Tammy's Sim Stuff and Games"!
        New Stories:

@AdamsEve1231 has started a new story, A Life of Whimsy, an I'm Surrounded by Idi*ts Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Livin' a Simmin' Life"!

@FanPhoria has started a new Simself story for Sims 4, My Online Diary! You can check it out from the index listing under "My Sims 4 Story Blog"!

@princess2109 has started a new story, Pegasus Feathers for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out The Carnegie Legacy for Sims 4 by @jbestxoxo that updated yesterday! You can find it in the index listing!

Check out Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest for Sims 4 by @Shizu9no1 that updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Oshizu's Asylum"!

Milestones:

Congratulations @CathyTea on 900 posts at "Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology"! Please make sure to check out this site filled with both completed and in-progress Sims stories from the index listing! You can check out this great achievement here.

Congrats @ginnymalfoy22 for reaching Generation Two of the Ashby Perfect Genetics Challenge for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing under "simsonmars Simblr"!
      sali_adbanner3.jpg
    • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
      @mastressalita Thanks for the shout-out! :D
      Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    • Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
      @mastressalita Thank you very much for mentioning my story in the Random Shoutouts.
      I'm not sure how to best let you know but I'm also done transferring my "Mori Legacy."
      You put in so much work into this thread. It is very deeply appreciated! <3
    • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
      @mastressalita thank you for adding me to the index! :)
      @Shizu9no1 : If you actually visit the index, your story was marked as "completed" on your entry the day it finished uploading and also put on the completed stories list. I just didn't put it in the newsfeed that night cause it felt weird to me announcing a work as completed that was technically already finished (but just in the process of being reuploaded). Lately I've had a lot of folks getting on me about announcing stuff as "completed" that I shouldn't so I'm using a wiiiiiiiiiide margin of caution in that particular section of the newsfeed from now on.
      sali_adbanner3.jpg
    • Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
      @mastressalita
      Thank you very much for your patience in explaining how you work. I didn't expect you to give my legacy a shout-out; I didn't know until you explained that this thread also contains a Completed Stories List in addition to the Stories Index. What an amazing amount of work you do!

And now that I've embarrassed myself, I know that I can just send you a PM the next time. *cheesy
      The simming community is so fortunate to have someone like you to keep everything so organized.

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @cattrz , who is writing Something More for Sims 4! Check it out from the index listing under "Cat's Simblr"!

New Stories:

@Bugsie2016 has started a new story, Codename: Chloe for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Bugsie2016 Stories"!

@GaiaHypothesis has started a new story, Journeys, a prequel to Rebirth for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing under "Look What We Started"!

@Gilplum has started a new story, Penpal Project for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Gilplum's Blog"! This story is part of the Pen Pal Project, a collaborative community writing endeavor; for more information please check it out here!

Returning Stories:

@Jes2G 's Pruetts spin-off Delicious Dishes and Dreams for Sims 4 will be returning in the near future! You can check out the news here!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Every Which Way, a Let's Play series for Sims 4 by @Spacey72659 that updated recently! You can find it in the index listing under "Spacey Sims' YouTube Channel"!

Check out The Midnight Hollow Selfacy for Sims 3 by @ninaumi that updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Tales of My Sims"!

Check out The Rhodes Legacy for Sims 4 by @Jase that updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Jase's Sims"!

Polls:

@Bugsie2016 is running a story poll, check it out here to participate!

Milestones:

Congrats @jbestxoxo for completing Generation One of The Carnegie Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing!

Congrats @xMike_Bx for completing Season 3 of Murder Valley for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "murdervalleysims"!

Congrats @stargirl18 for completing Generation One of The Rose ISBI for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing!
      sali_adbanner3.jpg
    • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
      Thank you, @mastressalita for the shoutout ! :smiley:

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @Lianuh1104 , who is writing The Kennedy Uglacy for Sims 4! You can find it in the index listing under "Lianuh1104's Sim Stuff"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out The Bachelorette for Sims 4 by @Sonschi that updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Sonschi and the Sims"!

Check out Mother of Vampires for Sims 4 by @Crzydramaqueen that updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Milestones:

Congrats @Thymeless for completing House One of Drifting With Nifflers, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Thymeless Challenges"!
      sali_adbanner3.jpg
      edited May 2017

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @MeadowThayerr and @mirta000 ! @MeadowThayerr is the author of The Story of Regina Beckett, a Queen Bee Challenge for Sims 2, and The Hayden Legacy and The Montgomery Legacy for Sims 4, as well as has many completed works at "MeadowThayer's DreamWidth"! @mirta000 has several Let's Play series for Sims 2 and Sims spin-off games, including The Urbz: The Sims in the City, Sims 2 Prettacy, Sims Medieval, and several completed Let's Play series at "Mirta000's YouTube Channel"! Make sure to check them out!

New Stories:

@bookloverblue and @cynicalbadger have started a new story, The Munchkin Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Blue's Sim Stories"!

@RubeySim has started a new story, The Drifter, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "RubeySims Stories"!

Completed Stories:

Congrats @Sonschi for completing The Bachelorette Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Sonschi and the Sims"!

Returning Stories:

@Piazzagirl1015 's Perfect Genie-alogy, a Perfect Genetics Challenge for Sims 3, has returned from hiatus! You can check it out from the index listing under "Piazzagirl's Sims and Challenges"!

@ValoisFulcanelli 's The Madness of Mr. Goth has returned with a new chapter! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out And They Lived for Sims 4 by @Sarahkay that updated yesterday! You can find it in the index listing!

Check out The Powerpuff Girls Let's Play for Sims 4 by @FanPhoria that updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Fanphoria Mercury"!

Milestones:

Congrats @illusie for completing House Seven of The Keller Family: A Drifter Challenge, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Illusie's Creative Corner"!

Congrats @lilypadmeulin for completing Generation Two of The Waveborn Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing!

Congrats @Linzz for completing Generation One of The Sweets Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing!

Congrats @Simslover163 for completing Season Two of Madness in San Myshuno for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing!
      Post edited by mastressalita on
      sali_adbanner3.jpg
    • bookloverbluebookloverblue Posts: 451 Member
      @mastressalita Can I please submit a small correction? The Munchkin Legacy is set in the same universe as the Miskins, but is actually a new project: it is a collaborative round-Robin legacy between myself and @cynicalbadger. Can we please both be credited?
      Information from the Stories and Legacies Index Newsfeed is compiled nightly from subscription feeds by those authors that have registered their works with the index, and is based only on post titles only that come through those feeds. Authors that have specific information they want added to their site listing in the index need to come to the Stories and Legacies Index and fill out an amendment form; it is impossible for me to personally inspect each and every post in my subscription feeds to know every bit of information an author may/may not want listed. This is why the original submission form states it is the author's responsibility to drop by and amend their information when they want to change anything about their listing.

Over the last month I've seen more and more complaints from index-listed authors over "mistakes" in the newsfeed when I'm just trying to give authors and their stories exposure and update their entries in the index for them automatically so they can enjoy a totally hands-free experience, and I'm considering discontinuing the newsfeed as a result. Please try to understand the work it takes for a single librarian to maintain an up-to-date catalog of 350 Simlit works every single day.
      sali_adbanner3.jpg
    • bookloverbluebookloverblue Posts: 451 Member
      @mastressalita Pardon me - no offence was intended. I was going to submit the form today, but when I saw you had already mentioned the story here, I thought a post was more appropriate as I believed it would save you work. It was not intended as a complaint, and I apologise for any offence caused. I will use forms in future. Thank you for all of the hard work you do: it is appreciated by this community.
    • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
      thank you for the congratulations! @mastressalita

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors!
      • @Dspenguin2000 , who is writing the Rivera Chronicles for Sims 4 at "Dspenguin2000's Sims Stories"!
      • @lisasc360 , who is writing Lisa Dawnlight Adventures in Riverview for Sims 3!
      • @sims4eva , who is writing The Havens: A Legacy for Sims 4!

Please check them out from the index listing!

New Stories:

@lilypadmeulin has started a new story, The Zodiac Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing!

@Piazzagirl1015 has started two new stories, Strictly Solo, a Going Solo Challenge for Sims 3 which can be found in the index listing under "Simply Solo Sims", and Ultimately Eddie, an Ultimate Sim Challenge for Sims 3 which can be found in the index listing under "Piazzagirl's Sims and Challenges"! Check them out!

@sassytxbrat has started several new stories for Sims 4 has part of the Mega Challenge: the Potter Legacy, Nom de Plume, Build Newcrest, Alien Invasion, Dark Perfection, and Prosperity Challenge! Check them out from the index listing under "Love My Sims"!

@Spacey72659 has a new Let's Play series, Tangled Roses, a vampire slave challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Spacey Sims' YouTube Channel"!

Completed Stories:

Congrats @Charliimai for completing Echo: The Lost Dancer, part of her "Rainbow: One Sim, Alternate Lives" series for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Rainbow Plumbobs"!

Congrats @Spacey72659 for completing Let's Play series Myshuno Memoirs for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Spacey Sims' YouTube Channel"!

Returning Stories:

@Jes2G 's Delicious Dishes and Dreams has returned! You can check it out from the index listing under "Stories by Jes2G"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Daughters of the Warrioress, an Amazon Challenge for Sims 4 by @MrsRacooney that updated recently! You can find it in the index listing!

Check out Raven's Nest, a Hundred Baby Challenge for Sims 3 by @Piazzagirl1015 that updated recently! You can find it in the index listing!

Check out The Selnes Family for Sims 4 by @Tomatplante that updated yesterday! You can find it in the index listing!

Want Ads / Polls:

@Mmdrgntobldrgn is holding a poll for the next lot to be added to The Verdes Legacy, a Sims 3 Nothing is Free Challenge. If you would like to participate, check it out here!

@SilentWolf101 has a casting call open for an upcoming Sims 4 story! If you are interested, please check out this thread! Sim submissions are open until May 15th!

@Sonschi is looking for submissions for an upcoming story, Newcrest's Next Top Model for Sims 4! If you would like to participate, please check out this thread! Sim submissions are open until May 19th!

Milestones:

Congrats @POLLYANNA2 for completing Generation Three of Immortal Dynasty Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "pollyannasims"!

Congratulations to @Charliimai for receiving the Pruett Family Legacy "I Binged It" Award from @Jes2G! You can check out the award acceptance post here!
      sali_adbanner3.jpg
    • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
      Omg @mastressalita I hope they fix the general/ts3 creative corner soon or that you have a backup of your index...
      There isn't even a place on these new forums to bring my index back to, @Julyvee94 . The new segregation means my index is completely and utterly pointless. It's a place that has always accepted ALL Sims stories with open arms. It is not a place for ONLY Sims 2. It is not a place for ONLY Sims 3. It is not a place for ONLY Sims 4. I refuse to make it any of those things. Ever. Now the Creative Corner is a place for only those things. Without a shared Creative Corner that is open to all games, I see no point in running it.
      sali_adbanner3.jpg
    • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
      There isn't even a place on these new forums to bring my index back to, @Julyvee94 . The new segregation means my index is completely and utterly pointless. It's a place that has always accepted ALL Sims stories with open arms. It is not a place for ONLY Sims 2. It is not a place for ONLY Sims 3. It is not a place for ONLY Sims 4. I refuse to make it any of those things. Ever. Now the Creative Corner is a place for only those things. Without a shared Creative Corner that is open to all games, I see no point in running it.

i'm sorry mast. when i saw the segregation the first thing i thought was mast worst fear came true. hugs
    • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member

I believe that without a shared creative corner there's an even greater need for it, dear @mastressalita . We need it MORE now, not less.

If the forums are going to segregate by game, then we NEED an organized, updated integrated list. We need it.

Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
      CathyTea wrote: »

I believe that without a shared creative corner there's an even greater need for it, dear @mastressalita . We need it MORE now, not less.

If the forums are going to segregate by game, then we NEED an organized, updated integrated list. We need it.

forget what i said i agree with this.
      @CathyTea : I refuse to "pick a side". I refuse to have to pick Sims 2, Sims 3, or Sims 4 Creative Corner to "be the home" of the Stories and Legacies Index because it is NOT any one of those things, it is ALL THOSE THINGS... and even more! It is also Sims Freeplay. Sims Medieval. There is even a The Urbz: Sims in the City Let's Play in the Index! Did any of you know that? The amount of diversity in the Stories and Legacies Index is amazing, and the fact there is no "general" area that I feel comfortable placing it anymore is heartbreaking.

Yes, I have a back-up of it off the forums (of course I do, because they pull awful stuff like this). But do I want to bring it back, in an environment like this, where the creative community is forced into little boxes by the games we play?

Not really.

I feel sick in the pit of my stomach over this all. They didn't just "delete" my baby. They got rid of my home. I have no home on these forums... and I don't really feel like sticking around on here at all anymore. This "pick your game and stay in your corner" attitude isn't for me.

I really only see two options... Duplicate the index in EVERY Creative Corner, but that would be WAY too much work for me, so it isn't feasible. I can't update three copies of it every night, when it takes several hours of work every day to maintain ONE copy. So let's already shelf that idea.

The other is to just take it OFF the forums, because these forums bite now. Would anyone still use the index if I set it up on a Wordpress site? Would they click one extra link to get the same information? My thought before was always, "No. Folks are lazy and not going to click one extra link." But this is now where my mind is going, IF I continue with the Stories and Legacies Index at all. It means folks would have to leave their submissions via comment on the Wordpress, instead (anon commenting would be turned on; no one would have to have a WP account). Benefits would be those that aren't on these forums could now submit data to the index, drawbacks would be that data would not be readily accessible on the forums and it may be harder to get folks to click a link and go to a WP page to sign-up and add their stories. I don't know if that draw-back -- getting folks to go somewhere else -- is worth it to go through with the project.
      sali_adbanner3.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
    Emoji
    Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
    Drop image/file
    Return to top