May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone else not use custom content and mods?

I know, from what I have seen on here, that a lot of simmers use custom content and/or mods.

So my question is, besides for myself, does anybody else not use custom content and/or mods?

I've heard that some stuff up your game and that you have to move the custom content/mods file or something when you update the Sims 4 or something like that. I personally would just rather not have them in my game, who else feels the same way?

Comments

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I'm sure plenty. I'm not one of them. I use mods for all the Sims games. I find unmodded sims games too buggy. Updating mods isn't a big deal, though.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I don't. I do use the cheats when I build though.
  • Options
    Ashley RoseAshley Rose Posts: 39 Member
    Any unmodded Sims games are so ugly though
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited September 2015
    Well, I played 4 1/2 years Sims 3 without mods - without any problems. No I can't live without them though.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    IbeanobswifeIbeanobswife Posts: 166 Member
    I don't use mods or cc but only because I'm not that computer savy!
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    I'm not using any mods or custom content at the moment.
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    I don't use any.

Even when I played TS2 many years ago, the most I would download for my game were clothes and makeup. For the Sims 4, I'm keeping my game plain vanilla outta-the-box as is. :)
  • Options
    ashleymoyaashleymoya Posts: 5 New Member
    I have used mods but my game is currently vanilla :)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I use cheats but no CC or mods. I had a lot in S3, but it bunged up my game play so this go round no CC or mods. So far, I'm loving S4.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2015
    I use CC in Sims 2 - but that is it. Mostly it's recolors and a bunch of kids/toddler/teen clothes. I set of default skins and some default eyes. Sims 3 didn't really need it - and I really don't care for Sims 4 - mods and CC will not give me toddlers or fix all the family trees, the culling, and incest. So I have given up doing any thing with Sims 4 until Maxis fixes the base game. No cheats though.

ETA -Just to add, I said I do not use anything in Sims 3 - but it is because I fixed my game - it's not real hard, but really time consuming. Most of the issues are in the ep maps and tons of routing has to be fixed in them all or simply don't use the EA maps but get the fixed maps from Ella Charmed and most of your troubles with Sims 3 lag should go away. Or you can use mods. Last resort do it the hard way like I did. I also tend to not use most of EA maps (the store ones were better) and the fact some of the creators like Rflong have lag free world that are tons the fun. Also avoid either of those gym /school combos for some reason they create issues in the game like stuttering in any world they are in - so use separate gym and school on separate lots. There is also a troubled family in IP - if I recall it was the Scotts - I think - it has been a long time since I fixed that. I aged them up until they died so I did not create more issues with removing them. You could kill them I suppose - I can't kill sims - don't even ask - i just can't. LOL.

So you can enjoy Sims 3, just not as it comes. LOL. I love it myself. Best of all it has toddlers.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,561 Member
    i use cheats cc and mods
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    Sims 4 I used no mods, Sims 3 I have to or the game is a mess.
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    Sims 2 I had one item that was cc. With Sims 3 none, with Sims 4 I used some with my old computer, but so far none with this computer
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I don't use mods and cc for TS4 because when there are updates, I have to remove mods and see what is broken and wait for the mods to be updated... I just don't want to deal with it.
  • Options
    Bubbles_19Bubbles_19 Posts: 476 Member
    I started using custom content in Sims 4 for a few months but I've been CC-free for almost a month now. I'm trying to play without cc for a while.
    mario%20gif_zpstweslqlh.gif

Simming since '09.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I don't use mods or cc, Im to bad with computers haha
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    Most mods need to be updated for patches but not all. Some CC has broken because of patches. I don't mind it and decide to risk it anyways. At least I know why my game is having issues if anything is outdated. That's an easy fix at least for me.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    No mods & no CC
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    Felicia1990Felicia1990 Posts: 248 Member
    I use some CC. I'm not too sure how to add MODS to my game! If someone would be kind enough to give me a link for a tutorial on how to add it to your game! Thank you in advance. :)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    I use some CC. I'm not too sure how to add MODS to my game! If someone would be kind enough to give me a link for a tutorial on how to add it to your game! Thank you in advance. :)
    It's a lot easier vs TS3. :)
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_CC_Basics
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    My TS4 game has been 100% CC free since installation; however, if Maxis doesn't fix the culling issue soon, I might try the no culling mod I've recently heard about.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    sure :) adding mods is the same as adding CC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaaMbx0ESn8

the key difference is some mods require an extra installation step - just read modders notes to know
    Installing Game Mods (.pyo/.py)

Script and Core mods modify game files by custom python scripts. These do NOT get unzipped!

Cut and paste the ZIP or RAR into your Mods folder:

Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
    Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_4_Package_Files

the other thing mods require attention when you update the game - pull out mods when you update the game (which is monthly) and only put back mods that have been deemed fine for the new patch or have been updated for patch

this can seem like work but i think once you get use to mods its easy to manage them. moreover the community is very helpful no Q is too small to ask. HTH
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Gotta have that extra energy coffee of Madame Butterfly's. Ahhh. :triumph:
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I don't use mods. Cheats? It's only cheating if you get caught. ;)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    I use some custom content but it's always Maxis match style. I feel like the sort of IMVU style cc clashes too much with the Sims 4 art style.
    There are some pretty cool maxis match hairstyles out there that fit in really well with the game.