Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone scared to play this game?

jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
I'm gonna go back to playing sims 2 since sims 4 keeps annoying me but the thing that's kept me from playing this game is that...well....the minefield of corruption set bombs placed everywhere. I've always been scared to play because I'm afraid of how easily corrupted it can be. If I delete a grave or sim, I corrupt my game, if I interact with certain NPCs, I corrupt it, if I have too many sims if also gets corrupted. It scares me that I have to be extra careful in this game unlike in sims 4 or sims 2. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me?
mRzKqv8.gif?1

Comments

• RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    I don't particularly worry about corruption and I just enjoy my game. I haven't had any corruption so far with the UC (however my game is playing up and it may be corruption, but it might not be :/:no_mouth: ) There are a lot of mods that help stop corruption like this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,72.0.html - I haven't downloaded it though so I'm not sure how reliable it is or if it works lol :P
  • jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    I have that mod actually but Idk what it does lol I just have it there to reassure me I guess
    mRzKqv8.gif?1
  • AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    I don't have but a couple of mods so far because this game is still very new to me, but I have already experienced some hiccups. I don't know enough about the game to know if they're corruptions, though.
    In one case, I had a criminal Sim who'd receive calls from the con man guy as a work friend & get completely stuck. In the other, one of the 3 children in the household couldn't leave the lot to go to school. Acted as though the perimeter of the lot was blocked (although every other Sim worked just fine). I used cheats to kill him because I didn't want the social worker to come & break up the family.
    These events don't scare me, though. I don't have a legacy family like I do in TS3 that would crush me to lose if I had to start fresh.
  • jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    Yeah, I say "Scared" because I really go out of my way to avoid any type of game problem there is. I don't even save if I'm not confident with doing something.

For example: I delete a grave since I have the nounlink on grave mod from Pescado. I don't go through with it and save though cause I'm still anxious about it lol
    mRzKqv8.gif?1
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    It's sad that you can't even play a game without fear that it's going to break on you. Don't worry about what MIGHT happen and just play.

*says the person who is paranoid everyday about her computer starting up without problems as if she has any right to give advice on what may or may not happen*
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Well... you can't play football with a clean ball. But you don't wanna roll it in mud either. Just play safe, kill any sims you don't want and move their grave to a cemetery, don't mess with Crumplebutt or any other weird NPC, don't move an inhabited house to the bin, don't play in Strangetown, install HoodChecker, and don't use the DeleteAllCharacters cheat.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    Here's a list of things that cause corruption and how to avoid them. simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Avoiding_Hood_Corruption

They're all pretty easy to avoid doing, and that way you can have a worry-free game experience. :smile:
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    :)

Wouldn't loggin in Origin, right-clicking the game, click "repair files/game" fix corruption if it were to take place?

I only mess with freshly created characters on an empty lot and use motherlode. I remember when I had the disc versions I used the tombstone to do a whole bunch of weird stuff and that borked my game then. I learned not to do that now lol.

• DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    Well, my legacy save file is 10 years old and I've used a lot of cc and mods (including insimenator which is my favorite), I've interacted with a lot of NPCs, removed tombstones, resurrected sims from my first generations, etc, and it still plays like a charm. I think sims 2 save files are the most stable in the entire franchise.
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    I think I just broke mine, so have fun!
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    dominimp wrote: »

Wouldn't loggin in Origin, right-clicking the game, click "repair files/game" fix corruption if it were to take place?

I only mess with freshly created characters on an empty lot and use motherlode. I remember when I had the disc versions I used the tombstone to do a whole bunch of weird stuff and that borked my game then. I learned not to do that now lol.

We all wish that was the case. But it's not. Once corruption happens, it's irreversible. It's a matter of how long your hood survives until it implodes rather than "staying safe" because we all know it's going to happen regardless of how good you take care of your save.

You know what, you shouldn't let your fear of corruption stop you from playing this awesome classic. If it's bound to happen then better embrace it than try to stop it, because you can't. Just take all signs with a grain of salt, and once your hood is unplayable extract your sims and recreate them in a fresh new hood. All the premade EA worlds ship corrupted any way, so unless you're playing in a custom hood/clean templates you are pretty much doomed.

I have a pessimistic point of view about it, so it doesn't worry me too much. Happy Simming!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw, sometimes people will end up with corrupt neighborhoods (like xBob18 said) but other times people will never experience corruption (even if they did do something that will cause corruption). Only one time in the eight years of me playing Sims 2 have I had corruption happen and that was when I was a total noob and had no idea what I was doing (aka doing a lot of things I shouldn't have), so I just uninstalled and reinstalled my game (of course sometimes you can actually fix the corruption yourself sometimes but I wasn't very ''sim savvy'' back then). All in all, I really wouldn't worry about it. Just back up your games or keep a copy of the families you really like in a separate folder somewhere. :smile:
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."