Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashes when I'm at a community lot.

RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
I seem to be having so many problems with my game lately :cry:
This time it's when I go to a community lot. So I recently downloaded some new lots for my sims to visit as the neighborhood they live in has no community lots. I placed them all and had my sim go visit one. After 5-10 minutes my game froze and the pop up came up saying the game crashed and it will shut down. At first I thought it was a one off because that happens sometimes, but it happened over and over. I thought it was just that one lot because it was a big-ish lot with a lot of objects so I thought my computer juts couldn't handle the lot. Later I decided to have my sim shop for clothes at a lot that I had downloaded for a while so it should work but it crashed again so I know that it has to do with my game and not the lots. I found out it could be a cc item but I don't know what it would be :no_mouth:
Help would be greatly appreciated as I can't live without my community lots ;~;
Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    Still happening :/
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :(

Well, do you see any Witches showing up? They usually freeze the game for a few seconds before they show up on a community lot...

Did the Community lots have any CC and any Mods attached? Did you separate them to test?
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Make sure your 'hood isn't too too big and filled with lots. I use Downtown (both EA and custom ones) for all my sims' community lots. The home world and suburbs are where families live.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    mmmcheezy225mmmcheezy225 Posts: 631 Member
    edited October 2015
    One thing to check -- did the lot come with any mods/sims attached to it? That can cause crashing and it can spread its disease into other community lots in the neighborhood. Did you run the lot through CleanInstaller?

I also concur with the statement made about witches, particularly the evil ones. My laptop hates witches, so I use the Visitor Controller mod to ban all NPCs from my lot, but if you prefer, you can just limit it to banning witches.

How old is your neighborhood, and what are the chances that it is corrupted? Try running it through Mootilda's Hood Checker to see if there's any game-breaking corruption going on.

And finally, try doing a 50/50 to see what's causing the problem. I recommend that you rename your
    C:\Users\(User Name)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder and let the game generate a new one. From there, have a sim enter a community lot and see if it crashes. If not, then it's either a problem with your neighborhood, your downloads folder, or both. Use the 50/50 method to slowly introduce content from your Downloads folder into the newly-generated "The Sims 2" folder and see if you can reproduce the problem. If so, then it's a download problem. If not, then it might be limited to your neighborhood.

With any of these methods, it's always best to back up your game before trying them. Hopefully you can track down what's causing the problem!
  • Options
    Thank you all for your great replys :)
    I haven't had chance to play my game for a while as I've been busy but I managed to solve my problem, The hood checker fixed a lot of things with my neighborhood but the phone glitch still occured and the 50/50 method didn't give me any luck. Witches don't usually give me a hard time and there wasn't a lot of community lots as I've had more lots in a neighborhood. I gave in and did a reinstall and It seems to have fixed my problems :smile: