Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

People who played sims 2 here?

LordlarsaLordlarsa Posts: 45 Member
Hi!

I love sims 3, and decided to install the sims 2 again recently after 10 years. I was pretty positively chocked and amazed how the sims felt a lot more alive and how they interact with each other and how it felt real and well done. I had to compare with sims 3, and considered how the sims looks robotics and lifeless in the sims 3. For exemple, a derail who amazed me in sims 2 is that in a family, they make a big meal with several plates, and everybody come and dine together, and stay at the table talking, it seems that they really eat together. In the sims 3, they randomly make a meal for themselves, and seems they are "obliged" to dine with the others, almost don't talk and try to eat as fast as possible. Also, the interaction takes forever, cause they try to find first the right position, and turn around, and finally it takes 2 sims hours sometimes, to makes one interaction. In sims 2, everything is just fluent, no glitch, no turn around position finding. And they interact each other more, like they really live together and are not strangers roommates. They feel alive and not like blank expression puppets. They were naturally saying hello to each other before to introduce conversation, and saying good bye. And you saw when they like each other or not. Really, it's amazing. I'm chocked. I was in a a party downtown yesterday in Sims 2, and it was crazy how alive it was, people loving and hating each other's, and the PNJs...
What do you think of all what I said? I'm curious, really. Cause for me, it's chocking how Sims are such alive in sims 2 compared to sims 3 with important details like dining thing, or someone is calling on the phone asking for someone in the house, and the sim call the other sim and he comes. Waw. Okay, that's true that in sims 3, they have portable phones. I'm curious about what you think of all that?

Comments

• xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I agree. That's the reason why I play 2 more often than 3. But I love Sims 3's graphics...
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    I did indeed love the sims 2 and still do, though I have not played since I got sims 3 a couple years ago. I did not go to sims 3 when it first came out. I do like being able to make the body shapes and sizes more real in sims 3, but much prefer the looks of the sims in 2. I do believe I will start playing 2 again maybe this next year besides sims 3. I fell in love with my sims more in 2 and mourned them when they were gone. Offtion I would find myself wondering how such and such a family would be doing now. May not be healthy to get that attached to sims, but then again i loved it.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Admittedly never played TS2 myself so I can't comment too much on the comparison except to point out that the game engine in TS2 has far fewer things to manage simultaneously townwide than in TS3.

But that meal thing -- so much has been written and said about that. I could (almost) always get my large families to have a proper meal together, but it took tons of work, positioning before they were allowed to touch their grabbed plates full of food, dinner parties involving inactives being called to the table would be a mess, etc.

And then one day, lo and behold, a mod was born and all of that stress and those sim hours worth of collisions, foot stomping shows, and sulking in the corner over unreachable plates and chairs just magically melted away...
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535651
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I guess it doesn't bother me since I can play TS3 for hours, 3 hours at least. Normally the sim in the household with the highest cooking skill will cook for everyone. I drag the group serving into the fridge. Everyone eats when they are hungry, not as a group. I only do that if I'm throwing a party so I don't have guest complaining of hunger. That does tend to be a mess especially in a small space. Is it depressing that I don't care about family dinners? You've got a point and I'm sure it bugs some people more than others like me.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I guess it doesn't bother me since I can play TS3 for hours, 3 hours at least. Normally the sim in the household with the highest cooking skill will cook for everyone. I drag the group serving into the fridge. Everyone eats when they are hungry, not as a group. I only do that if I'm throwing a party so I don't have guest complaining of hunger. That does tend to be a mess especially in a small space. Is it depressing that I don't care about family dinners? You've got a point and I'm sure it bugs some people more than others like me.
    Oh no, this won't do at all. Grabbing whatever you want whenever you want it and eating on the comfy sofa just because it's there may be fine for those bozos in Bridgeport and such places but not in this house. Sit up straight, elbows off the table, no dessert if you don't finish your veggies, and no, you may not leave the table until you are excused.

Look, I don't know about depressing but this is the way some of us were brought up. Perhaps it's a matter of finer breeding.
    (hides stack of pizza boxes and used paper plates behind the sofa while typing this...) :p

Okay, never mind all that. The fun thing about the mod is that my sims do linger at the table chatting, especially if they like each other in the first place, and it's easy to direct them to grab a second helping of whatever to extend things further. Not every meal has to be a grand event but, especially for large households with lots of kids, I do it this way at least three times a sim week or so no matter how busy their schedules become. And fifteen guests over for dinner -- no problem as long as there are enough seats and platters to go around.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    Probably one of most annoying things about sims3 is that sims never seemed connected. Like when they play with the archery set, they just shoot the arrows they don't look like they are competing with each other. I also notice the animation thing during birthday parties. They all stand around looking calm and almost somber and then like robots they all start cheering in unison.

I like both games, they both have their value.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    The each-sim-sits-on-a-different-table thing drives me nutty.
    oh3cjs.jpg