Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now we can resize rugs - YES!

RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
This probably got overlooked next to the new Jealousy trait, but I just read this as part of the patch notes and I'm like YAYAYAY!!
Rugs now properly resize with the “[” and “]” keys when using the resize cheat.
This has just opened up an entire new world of home decorating possibilities for me!

I'm so happy. Been hoping for this one! <3:) Anyone else happy, too?
Post edited by RachelRosebud on

Comments

• JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
    I'm happy. Now I can use those larger rugs more.
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Yes! I saw that. It's my favorite thing in this patch. I've always wanted to resize rugs.
  • ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Sounds like a plan.I hope it works on all the rugs including cc.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited September 2015
    I am excited too. Especially since we only have two carpet options and they aren't good at all. We can just use rugs to cover it up.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Is the patch already out?
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    This makes me very happy.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    I was very excited about the rug thing and totally didn't overlook it in the patch notes!! :smiley:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    So happy about the rugs I double checked to make sure Jesus hadn't replaced Rachael at Maxis since this morning! That's something I've wanted since I opened the game.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I'll have to tell myself, "Jealous rug, jealous rug" so I can remember those two things when I start my game. :mrgreen: You have no idea how fast I forget things! Pah!
    So happy about the rugs I double checked to make sure Jesus hadn't replaced Rachael at Maxis since this morning! That's something I've wanted since I opened the game.
    Are you sure you want that second sentence to follow that first one...erm... quite like that? :innocent:
  • Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    I'm excited also! Would be nice if we could make some smaller too! Unless we can and I haven't figured it out yet lol
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Are you sure you want that second sentence to follow that first one...erm... quite like that? :innocent:

It's middle of the night, my tooth aches and I'm giggling in my bed. Thanks :joy:
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    O. o I didn't realize them not resizing was an oversight, I thought they just didn't for a reason. This is great news!
    Sorry about your tooth! (I say, as I giggle along with you.) :persevere:
    O. o I didn't realize them not resizing was an oversight, I thought they just didn't for a reason. This is great news!
    That is one hekk of a "insert tense moodlet" cheat! I just had a round rug alllllllllll over the yard... in the dark... and didn't know what to do for awhile. *sweat beads*
  • ms4evms4ev Posts: 45 Member
    finally !
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I was ecstatic seeing that! So many times in build mode I tried to resize a rug before... xD
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited September 2015
    Super happy about this, actually just resized one of the smaller rugs to something a bit bigger:
    15ee1rp.png
    (I tried to recreate that not-quite-a-teen-yet style from the Sims 2 Teen Stuff pack for Angela Pleasant's room - hence the toys)

Sadly, we can't make the large rugs smaller, but that limitation of the resize cheat has always been there, so I didn't really expect it to be possible anyway.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
    Super happy about this, actually just resized one of the smaller rugs to something a bit bigger:
    15ee1rp.png
    (I tried to recreate that not-quite-a-teen-yet style from the Sims 2 Teen Stuff pack for Angela Pleasant's room - hence the toys)

Sadly, we can't make the large rugs smaller, but that limitation of the resize cheat has always been there, so I didn't really expect it to be possible anyway.

Oh gosh. I didn't realize we couldn't make bigger ones smaller. That's what I was excited about. My favorite designs are on larger rugs. Good to know.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Omgosh yes! This made me so freaking excited I wanted this for so long! <3
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    Oh! My life is now complete tumblr_m9gcuoBe0o1qzckow.gif I've always accidentally tried to resize rugs but to no avail. I wish we have more choices of rugs though :D
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1