Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 rumored for 2019!

SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
This article states that the sims 5 might be released in 2019, which is still 4 years away. What would you like to see in TS5? I would like toddlers, open world, create a style, apartments and pets and seasons in base game, and marvelous graphics. Are you excited for TS5 or would you like to see what else is coming our way for TS4? I'm excited for the sims 5. In a lot of ways the sims 4 is lacking. There's no toddlers, open world, or create a style. All of those feature were in the base game of TS3. The sims 5 really has to wow me. I've lost faith in sims games since TS4. The Sims 5 has to be the best sims game in the franchise. My current favorite is TS2. http://www.franchiseherald.com/articles/30637/20150629/sims-5-release-date.htm
Origin ID: StripedRainbow

Comments

• Options
    alienXingalienXing Posts: 168 Member
    edited September 2015
    Not even remotely thinking about TS5 yet. But looking forward to at least 3 more years of TS4. I'm just getting started.

EDIT: lmao @ that sketchball source
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited September 2015
    I highly doubt that's real for some reason. I don't know honestly.

Also the article states that TS4 was the best selling game of 2014. The Sims 4 was not the best-selling game of 2014, not even close. (Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/15/these-are-the-best-selling-games-of-2014-in-the-us)

EDIT: That's in the US, here's international: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/01/19/the-top-ten-best-selling-video-games-of-2014/
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Justine Keaton, and Emily Elson.

As well as a AMD logo introduction screen that NVidia has in other games. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Corey785 wrote: »
    I highly doubt that's real for some reason. I don't know honestly.

Also the article states that TS4 was the best selling game of 2014. The Sims 4 was not the best-selling game of 2014, not even close. (Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/15/these-are-the-best-selling-games-of-2014-in-the-us)

EDIT: That's in the US, here's international: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/01/19/the-top-ten-best-selling-video-games-of-2014/

That's why TS5 is rumored. It is just a speculation. It might not be real. Rumors are not real unless they are proven true. EA/Maxis hasn't even said a word about TS5 yet. There's still a lot for them to work on with TS4. I'm guessing there is still at least 8 more EPs to be made for TS4. Plus many more SPs and GPs.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited September 2015
    Interesting, every interesting indeed, nice that they hint at toddlers, I doubt they would make that mistake twice :#

But what is the catch? What is the twist? Why is this hint so early into coming in TS4's life span.

Is this a hint that there will never be toddlers for TS4 and players will have to wait for the next game which will harm their TS4 sales further?

There is a hint of improved neighbourhoods and graphics? Is this a hint of Open World? A hint that the game might look more advanced?

Are they admitting defeat? That TS4 has so many flaws the only way around it is to do things properly for TS5?

Is this article even believable?

I like many have lost faith, it will take more than a few hints to 'woo' me

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Among the features that will be enhanced and added, should "The Sims 5" be released according to the date indicated in the reports, are new neighborhoods and improved graphics.
    Moreover, the game will reportedly emphasize attention to more graphic detail and richer content. These will increase the life simulated experience throughout the game, the report added.

Waow these juicy insider details! Never would've expected new neighborhoods and and improved graphics!
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    With past history of each release I could even guess 2019 for Sims 5
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    64 bit for Windows PCs. Make it a game that everyone will actually want to upgrade their machine for.

Gives me time to save up anyway!
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Maybe it will be an HD minecraft!
    Or a fantasy RPG!
    Ooooh! It can be set in the past!
    Oh my gosh! It could be an FPS!
    Either way, it will be peperduur!
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Nothing but toddlers and teens. No social gatherings/parties at all, and no adult or young adult life state (see first request). Sims can only poop themselves, puke breastmilk, and sprout pimples. I think I covered all the primary requests for what makes a great Sims title according to the forums. Oh, I forgot, throw some seasons in there so that teens get mega acne in the summer and dirty diapers freeze in the winter.

TS5 FTW!

P.S. An understanding of sarcasm and a desire to not take yourself (or me) too seriously is required when reading this post.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    AmiRijoAmiRijo Posts: 677 Member
    I don't even see how this is a thing... I am disappointed with the sims 4 but speculating on 5 already? Really? Why?
    Origin ID: AmiRijo
    I signed http://www.sims2.net/pledge/
    ZfzDIiOeZzDJ6.gif
  • Options
    Nothing but toddlers and teens. No social gatherings/parties at all, and no adult or young adult life state (see first request). Sims can only poop themselves, puke breastmilk, and sprout pimples. I think I covered all the primary requests for what makes a great Sims title according to the forums. Oh, I forgot, throw some seasons in there so that teens get mega acne in the summer and dirty diapers freeze in the winter.

TS5 FTW!

P.S. An understanding of sarcasm and a desire to not take yourself (or me) too seriously is required when reading this post.

Maybe it will be nothing but toddlers ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Aren't sims games usually 5 years apart though..?
  • Options

TS5 FTW!

Toddlers, lounge chairs and garbage compactors only.

10/10 base game.
  • Options
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    Aren't sims games usually 5 years apart though..?

TS1: Early 2000
    TS2: Late 2004
    TS3 : Mid 2009
    TS4: Late 2014
    TS%: Rumoured Late 2015

So it is a few months longer each gap
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015

TS5 FTW!

YES!!! A toddler's Lord of the Flies installment! It's on like Donkey Kong now, folks. >:)
    Edit: Justine Keaton and Emily Elson are the only adult sims allowed to be present in the game.
  • Options

TS5 FTW!

YES!!! A toddler's Lord of the Flies installment! It's on like Donkey Kong now, folks. >:)

Will there be loads of threads saying? 'when are EA going to add young adults and party stuff then? Single players are being left out!' type threads?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    :D ANOTHER ONE! Good times :) good times...
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Urgh. That article is pure speculation. There's not one fact in it. Anything they have used to try and back up their argument is something we already knew or could have guessed.

'Sims5Game.com, a website that posts content and speculations on the next "The Sims 5" game, said EA Games has reportedly stated that "The Sims 5" release date depends on the market performance of "The Sims 4." The website also said release date in sometime in 2019.'

Yes. We were told by one of the Gurus (I believe it to be Grant) that the creation of another game in the series depends on the performance of TS4. Isn't that kind of obvious anyway? They're not going to create another game if the current fails.

'"After analysing all part release date, one thing is sure. Maxis took four to five years to bring all news Sims," the website said in a separate report. "So considering this fact, Sims 5 release date is September 2019. Though this is not the exact release date, but it is expected to be somewhere around."'

So they've looked at the lifespan of previous games in the series and simply anticipated that TS4 will follow the trend. Even if EA has begun work on TS5 (which I would say is unlikely at this point in time) there's no solid fact to say what they release would be. That's if we even get TS5.

'Sims5Game.com said new neighborhoods are needed to generate renewed interest from the older ones in all the Sims game through the years. New playgrounds and schools are reportedly expected to appear in which toddlers are bound to use.

Moreover, the game will reportedly emphasize attention to more graphic detail and richer content. These will increase the life simulated experience throughout the game, the report added.'

What? How could they know this? They couldn't. Why? Because even if EA were working on the game they wouldn't know themselves at this stage, especially if the game still has five years worth of development. This entire article is rubbish. I would prefer to use more colourful language but I don't want to risk losing my account. Please Gurus, someone close this thread. The article is made up fanboy trash built upon pure speculation and guesswork. It's just trash.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Hahahaha nice one @king_of_simcity7!!!
  • Options
    Hahahaha nice one @king_of_simcity7!!!

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    jude72pla wrote: »

TS1 was released in 2000. The sims 2 in 2004. The sims 3 in 2009. And The Sims 4 came out in 2014. Between the sims 1 and 2 there were 4 years in between. Between the sims 2 and 3, there were 5 years. And between The sims 3 and 4, there were 5 years. So there are either 4 or 5 years in between the games. That makes sense that TS5 might come out in 2019. If there's only 4 years between TS4 and TS5, it might even come out in 2018. 5 might be out sooner (2018) if it continues to not do well.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Release of sims 5 date ".... depends on the market for sims 4..." EVERYBODY STOP BUYING SIMS 4 STUFF!! (I'm joking... kind of... not really.) I'm done with this one and ready to see the next generation. It almost sounds like sims 5 could be what sims 4 would have been if it didn't get rushed or scrapped together lol.
  • Options
    SimSwim2 wrote: »
    jude72pla wrote: »

TS1 was released in 2000. The sims 2 in 2004. The sims 3 in 2009. And The Sims 4 came out in 2014. Between the sims 1 and 2 there were 4 years in between. Between the sims 2 and 3, there were 5 years. And between The sims 3 and 4, there were 5 years. So there are either 4 or 5 years in between the games. That makes sense that TS5 might come out in 2019. If there's only 4 years between TS4 and TS5, it might even come out in 2018. 5 might be out sooner (2018) if it continues to not do well.

I would rather a good game come out in 2019 or even 2020 than a poor game to be rushed out in 2018 B)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited September 2015
    Meh, if there is going to be a sims 5 that would probably be approximately the time it would come out. Who knows if it'll happen or not. Back during sims 3 when people wanted to start speculating about sims 4 I was totally up to join in on that because I felt given the awesome things they had done with 1-3 that they could and would really blow me away with 4. It was fun to talk about the cool things people thought they could expand on with 4. Now seeing what they've actually done with 4 I really have no interest in thinking about the potential that sims 5 could have. I have no hope that they'll care to give us a real sequel.

At this point I'm expecting sims 5 to have sims 1 style create a sim, to only have one life stage (adults) and to be played on a single lot. We won't have to worry about loading screens vs. open world because there will literally be only one lot.