Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Peoples expectations are too high.

Did you honestly think you'd be getting a new life state in a 10 dollar stuff pack?

Comments

• Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I facepalmed too. ;) I think some people are just really bitter and jump at any opportunity to initiate a complaint. I sincerely appreciate the simmers who offer up constructive criticisms for game improvements but refrain from bleeding angst through every thread in the forum.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    For comparison, The Sims 2: Holiday Party Pack was $20 and it only had 40 items and much less gameplay than Spooky Stuff.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    I don't think it was silly to think there could have been ONE of them included, like maybe a new skill and that's it. I think the code found could be hinting towards a supernatural pack which if that's the case I'm pumped. I think expecting all that content though it would have to be at least a gamepack if not an expansion pack worth.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Did you honestly think you'd be getting a new life state in a 10 dollar stuff pack?

no i didn't.
    I don't think it was silly to think there could have been ONE of them included, like maybe a new skill and that's it. I think the code found could be hinting towards a supernatural pack which if that's the case I'm pumped. I think expecting all that content though it would have to be at least a gamepack if not an expansion pack worth.

Don't tease me about a Supernatural EP! That is not nice Corey!!! lol

• CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    @Ceres_Meiriona

I'm just saying if there is going to be one it seems they already have some groundwork put down! Trust and believe I am on the same boat as you hoping and wishing lol
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2015

Not really.

But it's nothing new lol People in the forums like to make stuff up and live in the dream land of plum. #notevenimpressedbytherants
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    I know... STUFF pack, I think that says it all.

I would expect a new life state in a Game or Expansion Pack, and may be disappointed if there was nothing there.

Although it does leave me to wonder why there were Fortune Tellers and a Psychic skill found in the code for this pack but they aren't actually in the game. I wonder if they've been scrapped or they'll come later in the series... :#
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Where is the couldn't agree more button? That's why everyone is disappointed. It was obvious that a lifestate was completely unlikely for a stuff pack. (even though the name says stuff pack, some countries like mine translates it into Objects Pack)
    Male. INFP. Virgo.

I would expect a new life state in a Game or Expansion Pack, and may be disappointed if there was nothing there.

Although it does leave me to wonder why there were Fortune Tellers and a Psychic skill found in the code for this pack but they aren't actually in the game. I wonder if they've been scrapped or they'll come later in the series... :#

Fortune Tellers and Psychic skills!!!??? ::twitches:: Just the mere possibility... ::short circuits:: Oh supernatural EP, where art thou!?
  • PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    @Ceres_Meiriona Indeed! Have a look at this if you haven't already: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/852107/spooky-stuff-could-be-amazing-more-than-a-stuff-pack/p1

Some of the stuff in the code seems to be featured in this pack but there's quite a few things that don't seem to be.
    @Ceres_Meiriona Indeed! Have a look at this if you haven't already: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/852107/spooky-stuff-could-be-amazing-more-than-a-stuff-pack/p1

Some of the stuff in the code seems to be featured in this pack but there's quite a few things that don't seem to be.

O..M..G! Thank you for the link. ::stuffs the excitement train down with a stick:: Stay calm, Ceres, EA has fooled you before! Stay calm... stay... 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I WANT A FORTUNE TELLER/CRYPT/ALL THE THINGS NOW! Kicks SP... you suck now. I lied, I still love you SP, I just want your counterpart too. ::hugs SP::

• HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    edited September 2015
    Some of these things may not be just for this stuff pack... ;) (ugh i hate this emoticon because it sounds rude but i didnt mean it anyway sorry)
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member

Maybe they will be in a game pack or expansion to come,
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    No not really. It's a stuff pack. I didn't expect a full blown EP for $10 but one can dream and keep dreaming.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Nope I know what they put in stuff packs. I did hope they might get around to fixing culling so people could build a cemetery or have an actual haunted house instead of something that just looks like one.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • DeerLordDeerLord Posts: 236 Member
    If I was disappointed it wouldn't be because a Stuff Pack is a Stuff Pack - we should know what to expect from them by now, no surprises here. What might be disappointing is that there's a lot more they could do with this theme if it was at least a GP.
  • adamhayden123adamhayden123 Posts: 87 Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm wondering if maybe October will bring a Halloween themed game pack. With new content being released each month, wouldn't it have made sense for October's content to be Halloween themed rather than September's? Also looking at Perfect Patio and Spa Day, their items complimented each other very well, so I think a Halloween themed Game Pack to compliment Spooky Stuff would make sense.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited September 2015
    Yeah we cant even get a new life state in a expansion Get Together we would never get one in a stuff pack.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    I'm wondering if maybe October will bring a Halloween themed game pack. With new content being released each month, wouldn't it have made sense for October's content to be Halloween themed rather than September's? Also looking at Perfect Patio and Spa Day, their items complimented each other very well, so I think a Halloween themed Game Pack to compliment Spooky Stuff would make sense.

I'm always willing to be surprised but I think this is it for Halloween.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Yeah we cant even get a new life state in a expansion Get Together we would never get one in a stuff pack.

I guess what bothers me is that it's a stuff pack and not something with more depth. Here in the US alone consumers spend about 6 billion for the day.

I remember how I felt about the costumes in the TS3 store. You could dress your Sim up but all the rest was "pretend". Sort of broke the immersion for me.