Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do you play The Sims? (Discussion and Poll)

KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
I want to conduct a poll concerning just why exactly fellow players enjoy the Sims.

http://strawpoll.me/5525521

Be respectful please and don't abuse the poll system. I hope I'm not asking of too much from this community. Even a person without a brain could grasp this.

-Jojo

Edit: Changed poll due to captcha issues.

Edit 2: Keep on voting peeps! :) Going to play some Sims 4 to get pictures for my Simblur (Sim tumblr blog).
Post edited by Kurotard on

Comments

• Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited September 2015
    Voted.
    raw
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    I can't vote... That da­mn Captcha.

I put the code into the box and it rejects it.

Darn. Alright, I'll update the link. Should be ready in a sec.
  • greenplumbob2020greenplumbob2020 Posts: 70 Member
    I play for the endless partying of course! My Sims probably have acute alcohol poisoning with the amount I make them drink. :s
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Voted > Other

I play for all of them, I think that would be a nice option, I party, I play with families and I love building + decorating. So all of them :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    I voted for family play (although I also enjoy torturing my sims, but that also requires the more in depth emotional system present in family play).
    raw
  • teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Voted :)
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    Voted.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Voted: family play.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Voted: family play
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Voted other for all of the above.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • AlisiaDAlisiaD Posts: 147 Member
    Voted other for all of the above too. I also love creating sims :)
  • PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    I voted for other, which means - all of the above and then some.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2015
    I voted 'other', because I can't classify myself as purely one of the others. I build, I play, I explore all the content that's handed to me, I travel, I play with the life states, I love having a family in the game at one point (and I love having family around my active household which is why I love playing generational).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I picked Other: I'm telling myself stories. Sometimes the Sims in the stories have family life as part of their story; sometimes the stories have parties in them; sometimes I build in order to create the environment for the stories. But it's all storytelling, and all of the other options are far too narrow to encompass that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KillerSynthKillerSynth Posts: 419 Member
    @luthienrising Love your avi.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member

Thanks :) It's just one of the CAS things when you hover over ... noncommittal, I think?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KillerSynthKillerSynth Posts: 419 Member

Thanks :) It's just one of the CAS things when you hover over ... noncommittal, I think?

No problem, your Sim is beautiful. :)
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I mostly play for the Family/Generations aspect of the game, but every now and then I allow my Sims to become half-dead with too much partying and alcohol. :p
  • mookie1981mookie1981 Posts: 189 Member
    I voted. I play for family play. What do you plan on doing with the results from the poll?
    2vmcal4.jpg
  • TessaLee74TessaLee74 Posts: 278 Member
    Other-because I do all of them based on the type of Sims I make and I always build their home.
  • Lady SugarLady Sugar Posts: 201 Member
    Voted! mcfestive.gif
    tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
    "Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
    -"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.
  • teciatecia Posts: 164 Member
    I voted family play because I love seeing how the genetic system works
    Hey Guys. My name is Couture Simmer and I have a Youtube channel with Sims 4 Speedbuilds, CAS Videos/Lookbook Fashion Shows and Lets Play Videos. I created the Sims 4 Hidden Princess Challenge which can be found on my youtube channel here

Origin ID: CoutureSimmer
    Simblr
    Twitter
  • simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    I voted for Family Play -but ONLY for Sims 2 & 3

With a life stage missing in Sims 4 (toddlers) it's impossible to have family play or a Generations story. The reason my Sims 4 game is uninstalled.

Just my opinion, no need for torches & pitchforks. ;)
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Building. It's what always draws me back to the game whenever I take a break from it.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    Voted: family play 100%