Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

live in maid?

Is there a cheat for this?

Comments

• Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Not that I know of. What I did was grab a sim wearing the maid outfit from the gallery and add her to my family. I have control over her and maker do the cooking and cleaning around the house. It's really fun, though it would be nice if we could hire a live-in maid npc or even have an active maid career.
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Yes.

sims.add_buff NPC_Maid
  • Options
    greenplumbob2020greenplumbob2020 Posts: 70 Member
    > @Ponder_the_Sim said:
    > Yes.
    >
    > sims.add_buff NPC_Maid

Gasp! So could you turn all the Sims in the world into maids?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Yes.

sims.add_buff NPC_Maid

WHAT!? What does it do?
  • Options
    Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    Im going to try it out!!
  • Options
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Yes.

sims.add_buff NPC_Maid

WHAT!? What does it do?

It stops need decay and makes the sim just clean everything that is dirty. When everything is clean they just stand there all creepy, waiting for dirt lol.
  • Options
    Lol now I'm definetively going to give it a try.
  • Options
    TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    Ooh thank you for the info @Ponder_the_Sim! AwesomeSAUCE!
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • Options
    YEAH!! its awesome, except my maid turned out to be some creepy old elder :s
  • Options
    jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    How does it work? Do you have to type in testingcheats on first? Do you have to have the sim selected? When you type it?
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    I downloaded the unlock-career-outfits mod, the pristine trait, and also added perfectionist (as was recommended somewhere) ... Apparently this one's really handy during a fire.

Yes, it's fun having her/watching her clean the house. Why is it so much more fun the watching Sims chat with each other? Haha. And, oh, their TV is boring; it drives me mad (like grr-why, annoyed mad). I want Sim Cable. :( They only have the reruns channels ... and some the alien reruns channel. ;(

But the maid cleaning, especially since I just added that Buff/Hidden trait and she goes off finding messes I didn't see. Fun. Hm. LOL.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    @jennemm75 , Yes make sure testingcheats on is actually on. Make sure your on the sim that you want to become the 'Maid' then enter the following cheat code sims.add_buff NPC_maid.

I thought at first it didnt work so i did it again and it worked, the maid just stood around waiting to clean something
  • Options
    xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    Does cheating make the game more fun to play or does it just make you get bored faster?
  • Options
    It goes both ways, I've gotten pretty tired of the game just because we are so limited! The maid thing though, im pretty amused by this!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm checking out maids on the gallery right now so I can add one to the household. My sim is currently at Level 10 for both cooking and gardening so there's no need to keep her cooking and tending a full garden takes up so much time.

ETA: Did it! This was the first time I downloaded a sim from the gallery directly into the game. She's now part of my household. Name is Vera Vacuum. Isn't that cute? :p
  • Options
    I'm checking out maids on the gallery right now so I can add one to the household. My sim is currently at Level 10 for both cooking and gardening so there's no need to keep her cooking and tending a full garden takes up so much time.

Search for Vera Vacuum. Shes the best :)
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I have a maid in the gallery, though she's a total homewrecker. You have been warned...
    Post edited by Mightydan on
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Search for Vera Vacuum. Shes the best :)

She's the one I just added to my household! :)

ETA: Here she is. I'm going to give her a makeover and make her less sexy though, and maybe make her an elder.

Sexy%20Maid_zpsv5kscnk3.png
  • Options
    MissCharlieMissCharlie Posts: 405 Member
    never heard of this before its brilliant going to play now
  • Options
    VinceDjansenVinceDjansen Posts: 87 Member
    Miss the butler too
  • Options
    So here she is with her makeover. First thing she does is take a nap. Woke her up and sent her out to the garden to weed. >:)

Maid_zpslsuimf4j.png

I wish there was some way to give her a boob reduction. :p
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 , just a random idea, you could make a story line with her.

She moved to a new town as a maid/ Nanny trying to earn a living by clean up after a rich snobby family.
    one day this rich family decides to throw party and she meets the love of her life.
    As for the gentlemen, hes married with a family and will only see her on the down low ;)

Just a thought, i think i might be making this story in my game! :#
  • Options
    Brieanna19 wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 , just a random idea, you could make a story line with her.

She moved to a new town as a maid/ Nanny trying to earn a living by clean up after a rich snobby family.
    one day this rich family decides to throw party and she meets the love of her life.
    As for the gentlemen, hes married with a family and will only see her on the down low ;)

Just a thought, i think i might be making this story in my game! :#

Sounds good. Maybe the love of her life is engaged to the daughter of the rich family she works for. She sees him for the first time at the engagement party.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    This may be a bit off topic, and I apologize, but it's also interesting, I hope, anyway. If you liked being able to call a handyman, there is a cheat for that as well. But it's just a tad borked, so I assume that's why it wasn't included without cheating? I usually want my Sims to level up in Handiness, but sometimes the shower breaks right before work, etc. Anyhow, you do the testingcheats usual thing, then you enter:

soak.enable_soak_handyman_situation
    Then enter:
    soak.create_soak_handyman_situation

An NPC will come onto your lot and fix the broken item. In my case it was a young lady. She was obviously Level 10, because it was very quick. If you're worried about cheating, you could delete whatever you thought the cost should be with the money cheat. I just did $100. But for me, the borked part was that, after calling her a couple times, the repair person kept coming back to my lot and acting as though she lived there. When she started flirting with the husband, it was too much. Oddly, there was no Ask To Leave item in the menu, Go Away was there, but didn't work. I finally took her to the park and left her there, and she didn't come back after that. I assume it was because the relationship was in the red after a couple Go Away's.

I wonder if this will be added later on, and if so, hopefully it will have the code changed a bit to keep that from happening.