Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 QC Create A Room Contest ~ Challenge 85 Up due (EST) 10th December ☆☆

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Rite of Passage to Write is a very nice writer’s apartment! @coolsim9999999 :) It was very nice reading the background details to the build. Very nice furnishing of each of the room areas. The floor rugs in each of the bedrooms add a nice look to the bed areas. The writer sim is very nice. Very nice design of the career room! It is a nice light filled room. The study desk area there is great! She would enjoy sitting at the desk table writing on the computer with sunshine coming in through the windows. She would have very nice views of the outdoors whilst doing her writing. The books are a great touch on the side table, and book plaque is a nice touch on the wall. It is great that there is a bookcase in the room, for her to read books and get inspiration for her writing, as well as for relaxation. Very nice kids room! It is great that there is a study desk area for the child to learn to use the computer for writing. The bookworm and books posters look great on the wall! The framed animal pictures, frog wall print, dinosaur soft toy and chompie are cute! The cat wall prints , cat statues and cat calendar are great pet touches in the room. The yellow flower floor print is sunny!
    It is a very nice home for the sims who are in your background story :)
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Thank you very much for your awesome and very detailed review of my room for my writer Sim and her family @rosemow B)! I'm happy that you liked my back story, how I furnished the rooms, the area rugs in the bedrooms, the career room with lots of light and incredible views and comfy writing desk, as well as my writer Sim, herself --- I named her Barbara Walters :D! I’m glad that you liked the books on the end table, the book wall plaque, the bookcase, the child’s bedroom --- complete with a desk and computer to hone her early writing skills to become a great journalist or author when she’s older, the reading posters, as well s the cat decals, etc., Dino, Chompie, and the yellow flower area rug :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited January 2018
    @xraygrl2004 - absolutely love the boho look with the dark blue walls, and that half wall art area. Awesome!
    @coolsim9999999 - such a charming apartment and your back story is wonderful! Love how bright and cheerful it is.

QC Room challenge no: 72
    Origin ID: Ainsleyfr
    Experienced
    Gallery Name: 122 Hakim Apt
    Gallery Link: 122 Hakim Apt.
    Introduce your sim creation for this challenge: Mr. Kenneth Tanaka is the CEO of a multi-national import/export business. He chose to decorate in a very Japanese style to hopefully wow his Japanese clients with his connection to his ancestry and his other clients with the exotic quality of it all. His country house is actually quite 1920's art deco, as that's the look he really likes.
    Notes about entry: There is a guest bedroom for those clients that Mr. Tanaka has gotten to know on a very friendly and personal level. The living room area is set up for traditional tea ceremonies and the dining area can double as a board meeting room.
    Images (2 - 6 images):OklpXjI.png
    More Images:
    hF7kCZF.pngvlhnXFM.pngIB2WpSK.png1zuEdfo.png
    pFqVuo8.png
    The Japanese style of 122 Hakim Apt looks very nice! @Ainsleyf :) Very nice furnishing of the apartment ! The design of the career area where the sim does his business work on the computer looks great! The Japanese art style mural looks great! It looks very nice the way the white cabinets and counters are placed to create the nook. The sim will like sitting at the desk table using the computer to his business work , and talking to his business clients who are sitting on the armchairs in front of the desk. The patterned flooring is a nice touch. Very nice open plan living and dining area! It looks great! The black and white stools are a nice touch positioned around the tea ceremony table. Sims will enjoy watching tv on the big screen. The red floral patterned floor rug is a nice touch under the dining table. The beaded curtains are a nice touch on the windows. The floor patterning looks very nice! Very nice bathroom! Sims would have very nice views of the outdoors through the windows whilst bathing, and listening to radio music. The shelving and items on them are nice touches on the window. Very nice master bedroom! The patterned light panels are a nice touch on the bedhead wall. The canopy bed is nice, and the plants are nice touches on the bedside tables.
    It is a very nice apartment for the businessman :)
    I love all the little details in your build, such as the mural behind his desk, the chain curtain statue objects, as well as the Japanese theme of your apartment @Ainsleyf B) ! Great Jetted soaker tub area, as well :)!
    Thank you very much for your nice comment about my writer's apartment @Ainsleyf B)! I'm happy that you liked it :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Thank you so very much @Rosemow for your lovely and detailed review! Thank you so much @coolsim9999999 for the kind words. You both rock!
    You're very welcome @Ainsleyf B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• ChaosSimmer86ChaosSimmer86 Posts: 65 Member
    Loving everyone's builds so far!

I got extra inspired by this challenge and have actually already completed two apartments :) I was wondering if I could post them both, since this is a just for fun challenge, or if I need to pick one?
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Hi @ChaosSimmer86 you can post both but we do give out maxis nominations to everyone so just one of them will be eligible for that you can pick which one and just let me know which on your entry form for the nom
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    Thanks for the feedback @Cbear13
    This is the entry I would like to "count". Unfortunately I can't figure out how to post images directly, it doesn't work with my imgur links :( Maybe someone could help me out and pull those pictures for me or tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Origin ID: ChaosSimmer86
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Not needed this challenge
    Gallery Name: Boho Apartment
    Gallery Link: Boho Apartment
    Introduce your sim creation for this challenge:
    Amelia is a single mom and succesful art critic. She is raising her 11-year-old son Brady, a fun and active kid who loves sports and music. They have a really good relationship, even though (or maybe because) Amelia works a lot of long hours. She loves her career and is really good at what she does. And while she maybe really professional while at work, Amelia also has a whimsical side. She always wanted a big, fun apartment in lots of bright colors and full of her favorite artwork. And after having worked hard for many years, she has finally decided to make that dream come true and design her dream "Boho Apartment".
    Notes about entry:
    I had so much fun with this build! I've wanted to do an entire apartment in a colorful boho style for a while and as soon as I read "art critic" in the challenge description, I knew this was going to be it.
    As far as the "career room" goes, there's the office in the living room where Amelia can work on the computer, do research from books or even paint her own pieces on her easel. She also has another work and office area in her bedroom, for those times Brady might be watching an action movie in the living room. But really, the entire apartment is her "career room". There's artwork in every corner, paintings on every wall and art books all over the place. So I hope this makes up for the fact that she doesn't have one single, closed off room for her career.
    Link to slideshow: Imgur Slideshow
    Images (2 - 6 images):
    Amelia and Brady
    Bird's eye view of the apartment
    Walking in the front door
    Livingroom and office
    Watching TV
    Amelia's bedroom

Once again, I had so much fun doing this, thanks for hosting these inspiring challenges! <3

Thanks for the feedback @Cbear13
    This is the entry I would like to "count". Unfortunately I can't figure out how to post images directly, it doesn't work with my imgur links :( Maybe someone could help me out and pull those pictures for me or tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Origin ID: ChaosSimmer86
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Not needed this challenge
    Gallery Name: Boho Apartment
    Gallery Link: Boho Apartment
    Introduce your sim creation for this challenge:
    Amelia is a single mom and succesful art critic. She is raising her 11-year-old son Brady, a fun and active kid who loves sports and music. They have a really good relationship, even though (or maybe because) Amelia works a lot of long hours. She loves her career and is really good at what she does. And while she maybe really professional while at work, Amelia also has a whimsical side. She always wanted a big, fun apartment in lots of bright colors and full of her favorite artwork. And after having worked hard for many years, she has finally decided to make that dream come true and design her dream "Boho Apartment".
    Notes about entry:
    I had so much fun with this build! I've wanted to do an entire apartment in a colorful boho style for a while and as soon as I read "art critic" in the challenge description, I knew this was going to be it.
    As far as the "career room" goes, there's the office in the living room where Amelia can work on the computer, do research from books or even paint her own pieces on her easel. She also has another work and office area in her bedroom, for those times Brady might be watching an action movie in the living room. But really, the entire apartment is her "career room". There's artwork in every corner, paintings on every wall and art books all over the place. So I hope this makes up for the fact that she doesn't have one single, closed off room for her career.
    Link to slideshow: Imgur Slideshow
    Images (2 - 6 images):
    4aMxIwT.png
    wd3IQMW.png
    MMYPNp2.png8FgQZ8d.png
    Y5pu68m.png
    QpHeGwe.png

Once again, I had so much fun doing this, thanks for hosting these inspiring challenges! <3

Hello @ChaosSimmer86 :) The image files need to end in jpg, png, or gif. If you quote my post, you will see the file address and how the addresses look.
    Thanks so much @rosemow
    Hopefully I can finally do the next post all on my own ;)
    edited January 2018
    Oops, I thought that last comment hadn't posted. Didn't think to check the next page *facepalm*. Sorry for the spam ;)
    Boho Apartment is a very colourfully nice apartment for an Art Critic! @ChaosSimmer86 :) Very nice furnishing of the room areas! The variety of colours used for the walls looks very nice! The colourful mosaic floor tiling in the living room adds a very nice look to the room. It is special picture that you have posted on Amelia and Brady taking a selfie together <3 The red and yellow colour of the chess table chairs is a nice touch. The boho patterned furniture looks great through the apartment areas. The white string lights look pretty on the walls and the footwear string lights look great in the room! Very nice windows study desk corner! Amelia will enjoy sitting at the desk table doing her work on the computer and looking out at the very nice outside views! Very nice light filled sofa and patterned stools sitting area in the living room! The sims will enjoy sitting there chatting with sunshine coming in onto them. The pictures are a very nice touch on the walls of the apartment. The purple colour scheme of the master bedroom is very nice! The purple beaded curtains add a very nice look to the bedroom and the patterned floor rugs are nice touches.
    It is a very colourfully nice boho themed apartment! :)
    9TkPZAb.png
    Hi everyone
    I am just doing some judging and should have results up in a little while for the Aussie bbq rooms.
    I just wanted to remind everyone of some of the rules that are stated on the challenge brief as some wonderful rooms were not eligible to win due to this rule being broken.

RULES
    You can NOT remove the wall or fence structures already found in the shell
    You MAY change the style of fencing and add a gate
    You MAY add half walls and full walls within the shell, if it creates a new enclosed room make sure it places with your entry
    You MAY change the wall height

Be aware that you can NOT change the existing fencing or walls found in the challenge shells which means if there is fencing all around the shell you can NOT change the fencing into full length walls (half walls accepted as still look like fencing) or can you change full length walls into fencing. This included removing any part of the walls or fencing leaving gaps or replacing with other items.
    When it comes to fencing you are allowed to change the type of fencing and place a gate.

Even though I hate enforcing these rules they are stated on the challenge briefs at all times so I have to stick by them

I also just realised I should add another to the list which I have come across once or twice though not as often is that you may NOT remove or add a ceiling if on/off the shell

For those of you who got caught out by this rule there is sometimes ways to bend the rules and in this case if you were removing the fencing you could have changed the type of fencing to the "Fence for Window Shopping" type as it is a line along the ground which sims can still walk over and would not get in the way of other structures placed where the fence was but technically still a fence so not against the rules.

Fantastic rooms everyone I am always impressed with everyone's efforts and I should have results posted in a little while
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    9TkPZAb.png
    Challenge 71 results are now posted on page 1, fantastic outdoor entertaining areas everyone I loved every one of them.

Challenge 71 results found here
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Congrats to @xraygrl2004, @leashahampton, @emere and @chips46 for winning your levels. Great outdoor patio rooms by all of you! And @cbear13 when you mentioned removing the fencing, I thought "hmm, I think I took some of the fencing down to add the trellises and posts." Didn't even think to check the rules about removing the fencing....so next time I'll double check. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
    @lsnishi I think it caught a few people out this challenge hehe I absolutely loved your room so much beautiful color :)
    Congratulations to the winners and everyone on your amazing outdoor bbq rooms they were all fabulous
    To the winners here are your banners and sigs. Please save them to your computers.

@xraygrl2004

WmdmbBG.jpg
    GSqzhrU.jpg

@leashahampton
    LsvID58.jpg
    9ylpZqm.jpg

@emere
    MntTFiv.jpg
    FuhE25x.jpg

@chips46
    muPqZnw.jpg
    Ry5FcjT.jpg
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @Aww thanks @cbear13. I really enjoyed doing it! Thanks for finding the time to judge despite everything going on. Hope your mom's on her way to a full recovery.
    PDWxp40.jpg
    edited January 2018
    Congratulations @xraygrl2004, @leashahampton, @emere and @chips46 for winning B)! Great rooms :D!

Thank you very much for bumping me up to experienced @Cbear13 B)! I'm very excited about that B):D<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    @cbear13 when you mentioned removing the fencing, ..., Didn't even think to check the rules about removing the fencing....so next time I'll double check. :)
    I really enjoyed doing it! Thanks for finding the time to judge despite everything going on. Hope your mom's on her way to a full recovery.

Thats all I wanted to say and sorry for wasting your time :#
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    Congratulations to @xraygrl2004, @leashahampton , @emere and @chips46 for winning your levels. So many wonderful terraces :smiley:

thank you @rosemow :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top