Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartment darkening problem

animalshorsedoganimalshorsedog Posts: 8 New Member
When I used to play apartment life, the neighbouring apartments darkened as normal. Now they don't darken at all but the furniture and people inside disapear as they should. Is there a way to fix this as not having the other rooms dark (even though they are empty) is sometimes quite annoying when playing the game, especially furnishing!

Could it be to do with the graphics as I have gone from playing on xp to windows 8.1?

Thanks!

Comments

• NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    I don't think it's an issue of switching from playing on an XP to Windows 8.1 because when I played TS2 on my XP desktop I would sometimes run into that when I would be playing a dorm and the people and furniture would disappear but the room would stay lit like normal. It was never game breaking or anything for me so I never worried about it, it was just a bit annoying. I wonder though, have you tried to see if you have your sim visit a neighbor at their apartment will the furniture reappear? Or does it stay hidden?
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • animalshorsedoganimalshorsedog Posts: 8 New Member
    Thanks, and yep it never breaks, it is just annoying! And when my sim visits a neighbour, the furniture appears and disappears when they leave as normal. Also its not just one apartment lot, it does it on every apartment lot, it is odd!
  • NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    edited September 2015
    No problem! Hmm, that is rather odd! I'd only be a bit concerned (well, I would since I'm always worried about breaking my game) if the furniture never appeared when your sim visited but hey, since it does it sounds fine. :smile:
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."