Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Duplex Challenge

Katari15Katari15 Posts: 27 Member
FAMILY DUPLEX CHALLENGE

After going through the list of challenges and finding myself uninterested in a handful of them, I decided to try my hand at creating my very own challenge. I’m currently in the middle of testing this out, so I will update this when I run into bumps or find ways to improve it. If you have any suggestions or have an idea on how to add a point system to this, feel free to let me know. Also, if this challenge already exists, please let me know and I'll delete it or give credit if there's a lot of differences.

The main goal in this challenge is to start with two siblings and successfully complete their aspirations while making families and raising children with both on the same lot before they die. I recommend playing on Normal or Long lifespan, but if you want to really challenge yourself, feel free to play it on Short!

The only rule is that there will be no cheats allowed, except for moveobjects, resetsim, and cas.fulleditmode. Feel free to use the door locking mod (even though they have door locks in the game, it's not as advanced as the mod) because they will go into each other's houses and use the fridge/stove/tv.

Step 1: Creating Your Sims----

To start, create two totally new Sims in CAS. These two should be siblings; identical/fraternal twins or just normal siblings is up to you, but they both must start out as Young Adults. Looks aspirations, and traits can be whatever you like as well. However, your siblings must have at least ONE conflicting trait with each other. For example, one sibling could be a slob while the other is neat.

Step 2: Moving In----

Now that you’ve created your siblings, choose any vacant lot in any world/neighborhood. You should have around $20,000 left (give or take 1,000 depending on the size of the lot you picked). Use this extra money left over to create a small duplex for your sims. A duplex is basically two houses pushed together that mirror one another. Each side of your duplex should have the basics: one bedroom, one full bathroom, a kitchen, dining room, and living/tv room. The only thing you must have is a full size bed. You cannot have a single bed. Everything else in the house is customizable to you, but I highly recommend furnishing cheap to start.

If you’ve done it correctly, you should have two of everything I just listed on each side, mirroring each other. Without adding unnecessary items or decorations, you should be able to do it with a little bit of money left over (I had about $1,000 left, but it might fluctuate for you depending on the lot and/or furnishings you chose). You will be expanding later on, so don’t worry about room for your sim’s spouse and children right now!

Step 3: Making Money----

Now that your siblings are settled into their duplex, it’s time to start making money so they can save up for their future families! You can choose one of the two siblings to start a career. It can be any career available in the career menu, but if you choose any of the ones from Get To Work you must always send your sim to work alone. The sibling that does not start a career must earn money by fishing, collecting, painting, writing, busking (playing for tips), or gardening. If you had money left over from building your duplex, you can use this to buy an easel, desk & computer, or a gardening box to help your sim start their money-making.

Step 4: Romance & Starting a Family----

4a---
Since both of your siblings need to find spouses and have children in the future, you can immediately start prowling for some honeys for your sims! You may have them become boyfriends or girlfriends to town sims right away, but you may not propose, marry, or ask any sims to move in for either of your sims until the sibling with a job has reached level 3 of their career.

4b---
Once the sibling with a job has reached level 3, both siblings can marry their significant others and have them move in. By this time, you will have gained a fair amount of money but not quite enough yet to have children.

If the spouse of your working sibling comes in to your household with a career, you must make them quit their job. For the spouse who works from home, you must make their spouse start a career (if they don’t already have one). Like the other sibling, if you choose a job from the Get To Work expansion, you must send them alone. For both couples, there should be one working sim and one stay-at-home sim, who makes money from home.

4c---
Once your sibling who has a job has reached level 5 of their career, you can begin trying for babies with both couples or choose to adopt (if you adopt, you must adopt babies, not children or teens). Once your sims successfully become pregnant or adopt a baby, you can start to expand your house and add on an extra bedroom or two for the new additions to both families. Please note though, you will only be able to have two children for each couple because there can only be 8 sims per household. If you have mods on that allow more than that (I don’t know if that exists but it probably does. If not correct me please and I’ll remove this) feel free to try for more. Easy is one child for both couples and hard is two children for both couples (extreme would be 3+).

When you’re expanding, whatever you do to one side of the duplex must be done to the other. If you add an upstairs to one half, you must add an upstairs to the other half; if you add two bedrooms to one half, you must add two bedrooms to the other half, and so on.

Step 5: Raising the Family----

This is probably the easiest part of the challenge. All you have to do now is raise your family as you would normally. You win the challenge if you successfully complete both of your sibling’s aspirations and raise their children to young adults before they die. If either of your siblings die before both of these things are accomplished, you lose. Simple as that!

If you want to challenge yourself even more, try completing your children’s child and/or adult aspirations before their parents die.
Post edited by Katari15 on

Comments

• PriscillaStardustPriscillaStardust Posts: 1 New Member
    This is probably one of my favourite ideas for a challenge so far. I’m definitely trying this one out 👍🏻
  • caitosauruscaitosaurus Posts: 8 New Member
    This is cute! I love the idea of a story based challenge as opposed to the regular gameplay based challenges.
  • MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    I like this.

It's not super rule heavy and it's quite short so I might try it when I have a few days free :)
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • dharch97dharch97 Posts: 2 New Member
    it would work better if you set the aspiration for the twins/siblings to the same thing. Like Successful Lineage