Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    @Maladi777 wrote: »
    You are such a tease since we know that will never happen! Grrrrr..... :o
    I never said that. :smirk: Something will happen. If it is what you hope for remains to be seen.
    Ohhhh - you are evil! >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

Looks like I'm evil no matter what I do! :D:D

Of course! If you make certain things not happen, everyone will say you're evil. If you do make them happen, I will say that :D There's no easy way out
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Honestly, I’ll love it no matter which way it goes....more Chris please!
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    @Maladi777 wrote: »
    You are such a tease since we know that will never happen! Grrrrr..... :o
    I never said that. :smirk: Something will happen. If it is what you hope for remains to be seen.
    Ohhhh - you are evil! >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

Looks like I'm evil no matter what I do! :D:D

Of course! If you make certain things not happen, everyone will say you're evil. If you do make them happen, I will say that :D There's no easy way out
    I learned that when readers say I'm evil, it usually means I'm doing something right. It's good being evil. >:)
    Honestly, I’ll love it no matter which way it goes....more Chris please!
    That's a spirit! I can promise a lot of Chris hopefully this month. :) Many pretty pictures of Chris. Oh and some writing too.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Happy Valentine's Day from the Heffners!

tumblr_pmxc55j3gD1v6rdbso2_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pmxi1kAB841v6rdbso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pmxo50D7AV1v6rdbso1_1280.jpg
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    :love::love::love::love::love:
    why can't you post just emotes fml
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Cherry forever and ever!!! :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Every time I see this thread, I think of Hugh Hefner. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    Every time I see this thread, I think of Hugh Hefner. :grimace:
    Good. He would love those pictures too... R.I.P. Hef.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Happy Valentine's day!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Dare I say, that's gay. :love::kissing_closed_eyes:<3
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    <3 Something for everyone! <3
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Only good part of Valentines Day just happened right here. :)
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    I didn't plan to, but @candycottonchu talked me into posting a teaser picture for the next chapter. So here it is, if anyone wants to speculate on what the chapter is going to be about.

ch4-28-008.jpg
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    There was this cool band called Cop Shoot Cop so...ya know...that.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Woot!!

Someone's going to kick some chief of police plum. (Glad you shared a peek!)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    ahhhhh!! :scream:

okay, how long would Chris' suspension from his job be after attacking his superior?
    and what's he gonna do with all that spare time? (I guess not taking care of Celeste :( )
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    There was this cool band called Cop Shoot Cop so...ya know...that.
    I could only think of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRgcwT9X2J8

Woot!!

Someone's going to kick some chief of police plum. (Glad you shared a peek!)
    Someone sure is asking for trouble.

ahhhhh!! :scream:

okay, how long would Chris' suspension from his job be after attacking his superior?
    and what's he gonna do with all that spare time? (I guess not taking care of Celeste :( )
    Do you think suspension would be appropriate punishment?
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Idk? Could also be he'd lose his job right there.
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Oh yes thank you, that was long overdue.
    Chris becoming a criminal himself now. Those Heffner/Corleonesi genes. Ts ts B)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Ohhh. Unless he has the goods in chiefy then he’s getting suspended for an indeterminate amount of time and going into mandatory anger management classes!
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    I didn't plan to, but @candycottonchu talked me into posting a teaser picture for the next chapter. So here it is, if anyone wants to speculate on what the chapter is going to be about.

ch4-28-008.jpg

This is clearly the chapter where Chris finally hires a therapist!
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member

ch4-28-008.jpg

Yah... dah... dah... DAH! [insert other meaningless noises]
    Chris! Go! Get him! Destroy. De-stroy. De-strooooiiiiiiyyy. Rearrange his awful, vicious, malicious, controlling, cruel face!
    Am I drooling? Hm. Yes.
    *needful sigh* I can't wait.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I know, I know, I said I was going to avoid burdening folk with essay-like comments from now on, BUTT (you knew that BUTT was coming), okay, I have a few small thoughts after doing another read through of Ms. Invisible and giving it some time to marinate...
    There is such a air of neglect that clings to Celeste, holy crap. From that (absolutely fabulous) chromatic backpack that she still carts around, to the hand me down clothes, the lack of parties, the too small bed. Lack, neglect, abandonment, hand me down life, really.

The past really clings to her, as if she needs to hold on to decaying things just to make herself a whole person with a full identity; take all the little discarded pieces she can find laying around (figuratively and physically), and wrap herself up in other people's leftovers. Normally, that would be the Saddest Thing Ever, and, I mean, it is sad, but she sort of wears it like armour, and I get the feeling she's tucking some pieces aside to craft herself a few weapons as well (watch out Chris!).

Interesting that both she and Kellie end up fixating on a 'bad guy', and determined to give that 'bad guy' a fair shake no matter what anybody else says: Kellie with Tony, and Celeste with her father...I think those two are more similar than it seems at face value. Kellie ended up throwing everything away for her fixation, I wonder if Celeste will do the same? What's that saying about how "history never repeats, but it sure does rhyme"
    Le sigh.

Her interactions with Chris are frustrating, both for them and the reader! I won't wax poetic (again) on how his neglect of Celeste makes me feel all the angers (rawl), but Chris, dude, I am very disappoint. She's young, sure, but the damage has been done; I don't think these two will ever be close...and the saddest part is I'm not even sure he thinks anything is wrong (I hope I'm incorrect ofc).

But then, here we are seeing her away from her family among her peers, and she's making plans for herself, knowing what (and who) she wants! She seems shy, but daring? Idk...it bears more thinking. Is this just a lot of young-person normal acting out, pushing boundaries, dealing with hormonal swings, or are we seeing some personality solidifying? Maybe both.

There, no so wall like!
    I enjoyed (and re-enjoyed) this chapter; Celeste holds reader focus really well in my opinion, that's difficult for a teen character, they're often slightly predictable and boring and angsty for no discernible reason...but not this girl!
    Celeste is one to watch, for sure <3
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @WagonFruit Your insight into my characters always nearly makes me cry as pathetic as it may sound.

Kellie is fixating on Tony, because of her need for a parental figure and because she's an idealist. In a different scenario it might have been Terry instead. Tony is already part of the family and "only" needed to be brought back into it as she saw it. Terry watched over her and Chris from afar and was a policeman first in her eyes. If she could see past the uniform, we might have had a different story.
    Celeste isn't fixated on a bad guy per se, because she has no idea her dad did something bad. She is not an idealist like Kellie. Compared to her mother at the same age, Celeste has a clear goal in her life and will let nothing and no one to divert her from it.
    Chris can see something is not right with Celeste, but he's clueless as to what it is and is being constantly distracted by other stuff to focus on her. He's going to learn what she thinks in the worst possible way.

Thank you for the not wall of text. ;) Your thoughts are treasured and motivate me.

Thanks everyone else for their comments as well. @mypalsim1 You cracked my up with yours. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Good morning, ilu, so here's a pie:
    foolproofcherrypie-1-of-1.jpg
    FzWOQ8X.jpg