Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Invite the Headmaster (Revamp)

I'm not sure about you, but I used to love inviting the private school headmaster around in TS2 for a chance to gain my child(ren) entry to his school. I think the idea has a lot of potential in conjunction with a Generations EP, or even a Back to School EP, which was proposed by rochelimit here.

If you aren't familiar with TS2 headmaster, then the process was as follows: you'd invite him around for dinner and he would arrive that night; once at your home, a timer would begin wherein one's sims would have to impress him enough by the time it reached 0; you could impress the headmaster in a series of ways - tours of your home, dinner, schmoozing etc. The idea was pretty simple but fun and challenging, in my opinion.

For TS4, I think the idea could be expanded and improved. Firstly, with the addition of several schools and several headmasters:

- Colonel Jones from Fort Maine Preparatory School.
Focus: Handiness, Athleticism

- Dame Cixous from Cixous' Studio of Performing Arts.
Focus: Comedy, Charisma, Music

- Triksy L from Anarchism Art School.
Focus: Painting, Writing

- Coach Sonjura from All Stars Acadamy.
Focus: Athleticism, Cooking

- Sir Wilfred from Plumberry.
Focus: Logic, randomised

Each headmaster would have his/her own favourite meal; it'd be up to the player to discover what said meal is. Perhaps something basic but nutritious for Colonel Jones, but he would expect it cooked to perfection, whereas Dame Cixous would be more impressed by an elaborate and exotic meal. You get the idea.

For the tour aspect of the process, each headmaster would be impressed by different things. Sir Wilfred would be impressed by the overall cost of one's house and the finery of one's things, whereas Trisky L would look for the artisan aspects of the house: paintings by your child etc. Your child could play the piano for Dame Cixous, which could either work brilliantly or entirely put her off your application, depending on the child's skill. There's just a few ideas about how certain events/rooms/decor could be tailored to each headmaster.

If the tour and meal fails, there could also be the option to offer the headmaster an incentive. The incentives would scale up, with the latter having the biggest effect: 'Fund next initiative (1k)', 'New gardens (5k)', 'New library wing (20k)', 'New stadium (50k)' art just some ideas. Obviously for different headmasters there could be different options, for Dame Cixous one could offer a 'New Theatre (50k)' or something similar. The donations would not be a guaranteed success and, depending on the headmaster, their feelings towards you, and a random success generator, they could either massively help or hinder your application.

Other factors, such as whether any siblings/parentage/lineage attended the school, could increase your chances of gaining entry.

By the end of the evening, the headmasters could offer an out-right scholarship or a place at the school for your children (at a cost). The latter would be far more common, as a scholarship would require the perfect evening, which would be difficult to achieve.

If, like in TS2, you displease the headmaster too much at any one point, they could instantly leave.

Let me know if there's anything you'd change/expand/improve upon in the drafted idea. Or if you hate it, please say why!
c0Ixg8O.png

Comments

• Options
    Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
    :+1: To this, and I love the names of the Deans/Headmasters you've mentioned :smiley:

and mayhaps, similar to the other events hosted in the game which requires bronze/silver/gold achievement, the level achieved can determine the type of Scholarship/s earned?

I really like the idea of bringing a revamped version of this into S4 thanks for sharing it <3
    EfTVMcj.jpg
    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    how about depending on the career the sim inviting the headmaster (or mistress) to the house has. How about um finding ways to bribe them besides the ways you mentioned. Like let says the Dame one has a son or daughter who wanted to be in police force.. Your sim if he/she is in the police force could um move some strings to get them in at a high level then a colonel. Or if they're in the criminal career the sim in the police career could let the sim go free?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    :+1: To this, and I love the names of the Deans/Headmasters you've mentioned :smiley:

and mayhaps, similar to the other events hosted in the game which requires bronze/silver/gold achievement, the level achieved can determine the type of Scholarship/s earned?

I really like the idea of bringing a revamped version of this into S4 thanks for sharing it <3
    Yeah the bronze/silver/gold idea works really well for TS4! Hopefully a guru gives this a read.

c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    JoeJoe11 wrote: »
    I'm not sure about you, but I used to love inviting the private school headmaster around in TS2 for a chance to gain my child(ren) entry to his school. I think the idea has a lot of potential in conjunction with a Generations EP, or even a Back to School EP, which was proposed by rochelimit here.

If you aren't familiar with TS2 headmaster, then the process was as follows: you'd invite him around for dinner and he would arrive that night; once at your home, a timer would begin wherein one's sims would have to impress him enough by the time it reached 0; you could impress the headmaster in a series of ways - tours of your home, dinner, schmoozing etc. The idea was pretty simple but fun and challenging, in my opinion.

For TS4, I think the idea could be expanded and improved. Firstly, with the addition of several schools and several headmasters:

- Colonel Jones from Fort Maine Preparatory School.
    Focus: Handiness, Athleticism

- Dame Cixous from Cixous' Studio of Performing Arts.
    Focus: Comedy, Charisma, Music

- Triksy L from Anarchism Art School.
    Focus: Painting, Writing

- Coach Sonjura from All Stars Acadamy.
    Focus: Athleticism, Cooking

- Sir Wilfred from Plumberry.
    Focus: Logic, randomised

Each headmaster would have his/her own favourite meal; it'd be up to the player to discover what said meal is. Perhaps something basic but nutritious for Colonel Jones, but he would expect it cooked to perfection, whereas Dame Cixous would be more impressed by an elaborate and exotic meal. You get the idea.

For the tour aspect of the process, each headmaster would be impressed by different things. Sir Wilfred would be impressed by the overall cost of one's house and the finery of one's things, whereas Trisky L would look for the artisan aspects of the house: paintings by your child etc. Your child could play the piano for Dame Cixous, which could either work brilliantly or entirely put her off your application, depending on the child's skill. There's just a few ideas about how certain events/rooms/decor could be tailored to each headmaster.

If the tour and meal fails, there could also be the option to offer the headmaster an incentive. The incentives would scale up, with the latter having the biggest effect: 'Fund next initiative (1k)', 'New gardens (5k)', 'New library wing (20k)', 'New stadium (50k)' art just some ideas. Obviously for different headmasters there could be different options, for Dame Cixous one could offer a 'New Theatre (50k)' or something similar. The donations would not be a guaranteed success and, depending on the headmaster, their feelings towards you, and a random success generator, they could either massively help or hinder your application.

Other factors, such as whether any siblings/parentage/lineage attended the school, could increase your chances of gaining entry.

By the end of the evening, the headmasters could offer an out-right scholarship or a place at the school for your children (at a cost). The latter would be far more common, as a scholarship would require the perfect evening, which would be difficult to achieve.

If, like in TS2, you displease the headmaster too much at any one point, they could instantly leave.

Let me know if there's anything you'd change/expand/improve upon in the drafted idea. Or if you hate it, please say why!

thumbs up for this idea!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Glad you like it! :)
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    how about depending on the career the sim inviting the headmaster (or mistress) to the house has. How about um finding ways to bribe them besides the ways you mentioned. Like let says the Dame one has a son or daughter who wanted to be in police force.. Your sim if he/she is in the police force could um move some strings to get them in at a high level then a colonel. Or if they're in the criminal career the sim in the police career could let the sim go free?

how about this?^

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

how about this?^

Sorry I thought I replied! Obviously my views on this suggestion are no more important than yours, as we are both just players. Personally I like the idea as it would be very realistic, but don't know if it would put too much strain on the game's memory. As Invite the Headmaster would only, presumably, be a small aspect of a larger EP, it would have to be kept relatively simple.

Your suggestion would require the game to interact with your Sim(s) careers, generate a new Sim related to each of the headmasters, then programme them according to your responses. It'd be quite a lot of output for a relatively small concept, I'd imagine. I might be wrong, though.
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    That's alright. It just when we have families in the game already and some of them might not have jobs.. that's where my idea came from.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    So sleeping with the headmaster does nothing? LOL
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    So sleeping with the headmaster does nothing? LOL
    Not without mods ;)
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    That's alright. It just when we have families in the game already and some of them might not have jobs.. that's where my idea came from.
    I think it's a good idea if do-able, just didn't know if it would be too difficult.

c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    Great idea, but I'd also like one for general boarding school. I have my Hogwarts and Quiditch court built and customized to suit what I need, but I would really like to be able to say sims wherein certain uniforms can only go into designated common rooms and they have to stay at school b/c it is a boarding school. I have so much stuff going on at my school that it takes quit a good amount of time to load and I would really like to to not have to keep loading the school to send kids to and from. I'd also like it if we could minimize our household members and instead see that listing of all of our created teen/kid sims so we can switch control between them while at school.