Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pickpocketing cooldown should be removed.

Why does pick pocketing have a cool down? It shouldn't.

Comments

• MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Other cool abilities like teleporting or making sims fall asleep with the guitar have no cooldowns. It's weird that pickpocketing has one. Only reason I can think for the cooldown is to prevent us from exploiting it for infinite simoleons, which makes me sad.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I can see it having a cooldown on particular sims so you couldn't keep picking the same pocket, but I agree that the ability itself shouldn't have a cooldown. I wonder if it's a limitation of the game engine -- that they can't just shut individual sims out of it for a period of time.
  • KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    The transformation device doesn't have a cool down and you can use that to make big cash easily. I turned a $30 chair into that $15k violin.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I was under the assumption that it was to make it more challenging. I don't know for sure.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Well, when you think about it you should just be able to pick pocket the same person once a day... Once you have their money you have it. But, u should be able to pick pocket other sims.
  • snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    Pick pocketing? Wait... Can we pick pocket now???
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Well, when you think about it you should just be able to pick pocket the same person once a day... Once you have their money you have it. But, u should be able to pick pocket other sims.

That would make more sense to me, but that's not the way it works. Would have actually preferred that.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    I can see it having a cooldown on particular sims so you couldn't keep picking the same pocket, but I agree that the ability itself shouldn't have a cooldown. I wonder if it's a limitation of the game engine -- that they can't just shut individual sims out of it for a period of time.
    I just asked @simgurudaniel on twitter and he said he'd look into the possibility of the cool-down being removed if your sim switches lots.

Basically the consensus I guess is that other sims will get suspicious if you're able to do it whenever you like.
  • xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    Does rummaging through another Sims bins (which I will be doing for my homeless Sim episode) have a cooldown?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Bin rummaging only works if there is something in the bin. You rummage it, get loot and put rubbish back in. I think you can re-rummage but don't find new loot unless someone has used the bin.

I think similar about frog breeding. Why are ALL the frogs tired when you only breed 2 at once? Frog 🐸🐸🐸🐸?
  • xPaxionxPaxion Posts: 1,119 Member
    I didn't even know frog breeding is a thing. I'm learning so much reading about other peoples experiences.