Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why did 'ask a guru' stop?

Please bring ask a guru back. Pretty please?

Comments

• TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    I think people were a bit upset with the fact that Gurus couldn't speak on future releases, etc, so that's probably why they stopped doing it.
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    2 words, Social Media. EA don't seem to care about us any more, it's Twitter Twitter Twitter.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I don't see why this should be coming back, since the only questions they got was about future releases and those were the questions they never answered. Besides, most questions that are asked are on twitter and I mostly see people posting important Q&A's here when they're important for the game :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    to be fair what is the point to have a "ask the gurus" if we can't ask???, if is just to say "hey give me that or that or how wonderfull is the game we have sections for that like the feedback and idea corners.

the ask the gurus was become pretty pointless at some point since most of the answers where "no answer". or thanks or we pass it to the fixes teams and bla bla bla and the true point of a ask the guru get lost since they can't/don't want answer any important question.

Well it was a good place to speak directly with devs and make sure they hear your suggestions for one.
    It was also a good place to tell someone directly about bugs.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    How about instead "Ask A Guru (but don't expect a reply)" section?
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    I'm not in the mood to search for it, but one of the gurus mentioned that they're working on improving it because they felt they couldn't answer all of the questions/the important ones.
    Really? That is good news.
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited September 2015
    There was a ask a guru?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    The ask a guru sessions became rather uninformative, and kind of pointless. There were too many questions they weren't able or willing to answer. The questions they did answer were about their favorite things, not really a point to answering questions when they really don't answer anything relevant to the game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    because they don't know any answers?
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    There was an 'ask a guru' session for one of the earlier stuff packs. Despite a warning that they couldn't answer questions about future releases the questions asked were rude and aggressive, mostly about future releases. There hasn't been one since. When Simgurudrake started she did say she'd look into it (I believe. I have a vague recollection of a guru stating such), but I wouldn't hold your breath for them to return.
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited September 2015
    I think it stop because like many others have said they simply had no answer or couldn't answer our question. Plus this place at one point was a battlefield. So many upset players to hostile of an environment. I think things have calm down a bit but I do agree it would be nice to have it back :)
    but it seems as though they can't answer our questions anyway. They could have it to at the very least discuss with us our bugs and feedback.
    justlurking.gif
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    The Ask a guru threads got smaller and smaller in their scope. Because people were desperate for information people felt it was their only opportunity for an audience with the team and asked for clarity on issues.

They descended into only answering questions like 'What's your favourite colour?' Because the team just really don't have any answers to give. Then the two or three gurus would answer the same questions over and over but completely ignore other questions or reports of bugs. So people got frustrated.

With their current policy they don't serve much purpose. They can't answer anything with any real value, it's all very vague and sadly that just serves to irritate the situation around communication they have with some in the community.

There is not a time where a 'blame the customer' attitude is acceptable here. They run this site, if people are rude they can delete those messages and only respond to those who conduct themselves well. The frustration comes from the lack of communication with certain sections of the community which EA have caused themselves, and continue to cause by refusing to even acknowledge it. While I don't agree with people being rude I understand what is at the root of it and that needs to be dealt with by EA.
    They don't refuse to talk to us here because of that. It's a decision they've made to continue to ignore the situation and it's a convenient excuse. But there's no real excuse because they own the site and can deal with that behaviour. You don't punish the whole community because one or two people don't behave.

Drake said she would look into its return. But I doubt it will return until/if they decide to end the policy on silence.
  • ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    My guess is the Gurus got tired of being asked why certain features are missing and what is going to be done to remedy the situation. We deserve better as a community.
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited September 2015
    Instead of ask gurus why they don't make something like "Share an idea with Gurus"
    It is like player suggesting an idea to be added to the game whether it is a new feature or a returning one or enhancing a feature that the game already has and the gurus give their opinion about it whether it is possible, not possible, they like it or if it will be a problematic thing. If liked should be shared with the team.

I think more players would be interested in this. This way players will feel that they have contributed in developing the game.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Ask a Guru wasn't for sharing bugs- that is always said at the beginning and yet we liked to because they were finally there to listen to our problems- at least we though.

It got frustrating because they couldn't talk about anything not already announced and we (me and my pocket lint) wanted to know about what we don't know- which is what they can't talk about.

So, there "Ask" a Guru never really happened unless you wanted to know about them.
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I always wondered where they buried SimGuruBritt.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    plopppo wrote: »

Or @SimGuruBChick
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    plopppo wrote: »

Or @SimGuruBChick

comcast's customer service department?
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited September 2015
    Never mind. Irritable moment. Please ignore.
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    What everyone else said, they didn't answer questions about the game.
    guru sightings are become more and more rare. i do hope somebody sets up a preserve for them in africa.

"You're from Africa? Why are you white?" :joy: