Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Charlene's Date (w/pics)

Like many others can attest when going on a date with a townie, my Sims have had their share of dates ending in relationship hits and the proverbial "Don't ever call me again!" If you want to kill a romantic interest with a townie, just go on a date with them, right? I figured that is how they all turn out. Well, not this time.

My Sim Charlene has her eye on another guy I've been playing in the town of Newcrest. I'd like them to get together. That was my intention when I first saw Charlene who was a townie herself. I gave her a slight makeover in CAS and put her in Willow Creek. But as a townie, Charlene came with two lovers as baggage. This wouldn't do. They both had to go. >:)

Here's Charlene:
09-07-15_11-02nbspPM_zps0kphq96y.png

Charlene went into town to the local bakery to do some shopping. Here she is looking cheerful:
09-07-15_4-05nbspPM-2_zps97ug6zii.png

Next, she went over to the library in Oasis Springs to use the computer and maybe get in a quick game of chess. Surprise! One of her townie lovers was there! That's him in the red jacket and hat on the left. Name's Braden. Not bad looking really, but...she has other plans for someone else, like I said.
09-08-15_11-20nbspPM_zpstopu0n3z.png

Now Braden was pretty much just ignoring Charlene, as she was him, neither looking each other's way. That is until she sat over at the chess table to play and chat with one of my alien Sims, Z-Plum Lilactin. Z-Plum was glowing green and Charlene was jazzed and confident that she'd discovered his alien identity. Over walks Braden with a book in hand faking like he's reading. He's got one eye on her, and one on the book, but he's still ignoring her. He decided to talk to a kid instead. Yeah, smooth move Braden. (Sheesh! I don't know how anyone can concentrate on gaining logic with so many Sims swarming around the chess table.)
09-09-15_2-20nbspAM_zps9oqls3e4.png

After several more minutes, Braden waved good-bye to everyone and left. No sooner had he gone off the lot when Charlene gets a call from him asking her out on a date. I think to myself, eh...what the heck, why not? It will be a good opportunity to unload one of her two lovers, anyway. You don't get a choice where the date will take place when a townie invites your Sim out. Braden picked the Art Museum, so I knew it would be a boring date. Lol. Here they are arriving out front at around 7:30pm. This is his idea of a happenin' place. Doesn't Charlene look thrilled?
09-09-15_2-35nbspAM_zpsqifdrxt3.png

Now, there's nowhere to sit at the Museum, not even a bench outside. All they could do was stand there and talk, with Braden doing most of the talking. Charlene asked him about his job---he's unemployed, wouldn't you know. Okay, Charlene knows why he took her to the Museum---'cause it's free. See her pondering this? Heh.
09-09-15_2-54nbspAM_zpsqudtrnow.png

Charlene tried a little mischief and lied to Braden about her career. She told him she was a magician! He was a bit worried I think. But mostly he kept grinning ear to ear.
09-09-15_3-02nbspAM_zpsasd3nhsj.png

Braden kept wanting to take photos with her. He must have thought her really cute, despite her disinterest in their date. Everytime she'd walk away to go view some art object, he followed her, tracking her like a hound. :p
09-09-15_2-48nbspAM_zpsw1w5js5l.png

By the time he wanted to take a 4th photo, Charlene was thinking, "Er...um, yeah, I guess so...."
09-09-15_3-11nbspAM_zpsgs9fye8n.png

It was getting late and Charlene was very hungry and tired. Her plumbbob was orange, but thank goodness the date was almost over. I probably should have had her end it early. Here she is telling Braden, "Look, buddy, I'm famished. I gotta go now."
09-09-15_3-15nbspAM_zpslq553f1o.png

As they wave good-bye, suddenly, Braden says, "It's so nice to be with someone I can talk to for hours! Well, that was a nice time. I'll call you again, maybe?" Charlene gets the "Successful Date" moodlet "There's nothing like a successful date to raise a Sim's expectation of romance." What the fruitcake? :o Where is the lousy date I expected? Where are those double red minus signs spewing out above their heads? Gah! I'm gonna have to deal with this another way. >:)
09-09-15_3-24nbspAM_zpsr49csyw5.png

As they leave the museum at midnight, Braden still can't wipe the big grin off his face. He looks at me mockingly, assured that he "scored" in his own way. Lol! :D
09-09-15_3-25nbspAM_zpsfqyjehag.png

Has anyone had a date turn out good when they didn't expect it (or try for it)? Please tell of your Sims' dating experiences!

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    They fixed the autonomous dates with a patch so the outcom can be positive now.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I like the story, nice with a unexpected ending I think ;)
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • KatryaKatrya Posts: 237 Member
    Ha he isn't giving up yet! I have had some dates turn out funny, but in Sims 3 because I haven't switched to 4 yet.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Heh heh, thanks everyone. She went on a date the next night with the other of her two lovers, named Ronan. They went to a great place called the Flamingo Club (by luckyheather) where they danced to great music in front of the laser light machine (the bonus object from Sims 4 Premium or Digital Deluxe. That machine is fantastic, by the way, with it's constantly changing colors and neon-hologram bucking llama, hip-hopping freezer bunny, and guitar-rocking Grim Reaper). They drank Zebra drinks, put their feet in the pool and even sat in the hot tub (but no flirting, of course). The guy was wearing a weird hat when he changed into his swim trunks (see below). It looked like a spelunking hat, you know like a cave exploring hat, with a flashlight and camera on top! Must be from a career outfit? Anyway, he looked silly! What a thing to wear to go swimming! Lol :p

They didn't talk a lot, but seemed to have a good time. At the end, her date says, "Don't ever call me again!" Just what I was hoping to hear because that ended their romance. Now she can go after the one she really wants. :D

Here is the hat I mentioned. Is it from Science career?
    09-10-15_5-02nbspAM-2_zpsx7kzcvsa.png

Here are some pics of the laser-light machine. I love it! The effects add a fun atmosphere to a club or bar.
    09-10-15_5-15nbspAM_zpsosiida1p.png

09-10-15_5-21nbspAM_zps7atynpqq.png

Happy Simming, everyone!
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Ah, one of my sims was seeing the ex-mailman on a date the other day.
    It was going on a downward slope--he almost peed his pants, got caught by his insane son who ended up yelling at both of them then leaving right after... Romance interactions following afterward were autonomously rejected by both parties. :grimace:
    It of course ended bad, but he still keeps calling. Not sure if I should give him another go--she's a real busy lady. LOL. The mailman's really into older women I guess. ...Did I mention she's a day away from being an elder?

Lovely date pics, by the way. I love that hat. xD

As for this hat...
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    Here is the hat I mentioned. Is it from Science career?
    09-10-15_5-02nbspAM-2_zpsx7kzcvsa.png

I'm actually not too sure, but I guess so. A few of my townies enjoy wearing it to sleep. LOL.
    9UGnSxq.png