Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NO TOWNS OF SAVE FILES?!

I just got a few expansions for my Sims game, and when I go into the game, when I have to select a town or start a new game, there is no saves or towns. When I click new game, nothing happens, and when I click play, also nothing happens. It's the first time I'm playing with the new expansions, so I have no saves, or from the base game. Please help!

Comments

• nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I am not technically proficient, but my first thought is are you running the latest released expansion?
  • Alex210Alex210 Posts: 81 Member
    I am not technically proficient, but my first thought is are you running the latest released expansion?

I was running Pets, but I have Pets and Generations
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    This is probably something that should be in the TS3 Technical Help section, but I make a few suggestions.

Are your old saves still in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves folder? If you didn't have any old saves, or deleted them, the Saves folder should be empty.

Have you tried the superpatch?

Have you tried a "factory reset"?

I don't think it matters which icon you click on. I have all EPs but Pets and Showtime and I use the base game icon to play.
  • Alex210Alex210 Posts: 81 Member
    @TreyNutz I've uninstalled all my EP's and the base, and reinstalled. My game is updated with the super patcher. I tried again and it still isn't showing anything. Here is a link to the photo.

http://m.imgur.com/aNYtQIV

I am going to try and factory reset now.
  • Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    Sounds to me like your The Sims 3 folder in Documents got erased. Did you save a copy?
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I had that happen to me once when I tried to start my game and had forgotten to put my Sims 3 folder back.I had to exit the game and return my Sims 3 folder to it's correct place and tried starting the game again and it started up normally with saves and towns.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg