Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of the same stairs

I've been playing sims 3 a lot lately and I realized even more how much I am so tired of the same straight stairs in Sims 4. I love L shape stairs. By the end of sims 3, I had finally gotten down the hang of making them. I love my house I'm currently playing the sims 4 in, but I don't go back to it because then I miss the l shaped. So I hope soon we get more stairs and build options.

Comments

• MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I wouldn't say bored, but I could definetively use some stair variations. Spiral stairs and even ladders would give more interesting building options.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Agreed. I am sure they will come eventually. Build mode seems to be one of the things they don't slack on.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I want spiral stairs, and I also want ladder-stairs.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    As of right now stairs just take up too much room. I like teeny tiny spaces and I want a teeny tiny staircase!
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    I'd love some spiral staircases ... Heck, I'd even take just one. There're just very handy for small houses or tight spaces... the regular stairs take up too much room.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    In TS3, we had to wait for packs and store content all though a spiral staircase and a ladder was patched in but not until much later. Hopefully they won't make people purchase anything just to get them in TS4.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    spiral and l shape stairs were very useful in sims 3 when you don't want the stairs to take up to much space. I'm sure theres a way to make l shape stairs in sims 4 but i haven't found a video on it.
    giphy.gif

• gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    Would love to see L-shaped stairs added!
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Can someone explain a bit better what an l shaped stair is, im not really a builder.

I really want spirals to return as well. Ladders, poles, ropes are also very much welcomed back from sims 3n

I would also adore for the mansion stairs from sims 2 mansion and garden stuff to return. I think that was my favorite stuff pack of all time.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You would think by the 4th generation of a popular game that a lot of people buy to be able to create houses, that different stair types would be part of the base game. Stairs with landings, stairs that are curved, spiral stairs, l-shaped stairs, u-shaped stairs, and just for fun, why not create a stair WITH a matching running rail every time.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Can someone explain a bit better what an l shaped stair is, im not really a builder.

Like this, with a landing:

stairs%20L%20cr%20350.jpg

I'd like curved stairs that blend in with a wall, like this:

efde15ab074b23e82d69490eb5b13348.jpg
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Some of the stair styles suggested might be difficult for the developers to create because of the variable wall heights -- the stairs will have to be able to adjust to fit the taller wall heights. They could set stair categories, like we have for walls and doors, for stairs that can only work with a specific wall height; that might be a possibility. Also, those stairs would not be able to be adjusted for different tread width -- I like the double width straight stairs because then I can have one Sim going up while another comes down without getting routing errors.

One idea that could work for L-shaped stairs would be a landing platform, about half the height of the wall, and width-adjustable (sort of like the current "square room" tool in walls Build Mode. You'd place the platform, have one set of stairs go up to that platform, then have another set leading up from the platform in whatever direction you want. If the platform is wide enough you could even have stairs extend both ways, if you're trying to make a grand foyer for your mansion. You could even tuck a bathroom behind the stairs that way -- I used to put first floor bathrooms behind the stairs in my Sims 3 builds to have a quick place for my Sims to take care of bladder needs or grab a quick shower after breakfast before heading off to work/school.

I think @SimGuruDaniel is the Build Mode genius, if he wants to take a look at this thread... B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Marski746Marski746 Posts: 35 Member
    I loved the landing stairs they had in Sims 2. I waited and waited for them to come back in Sims 3 but they never did. I hope they bring them for Sims 4. I would have rather had that then the L shaped stairs they finally came out with in Sims 3.
  • MzNatNatMzNatNat Posts: 22 Member
    Its now 2017, I own every single upgrade / expansion / add-on / stuffs pack and guess what. Not a single L-shaped or Spiral Staircase in sight. I am more than convinced that EA hates us. I am getting to the point now where I am really tired of buying things for this game and every thing is still blehhh. Sims 4 is still missing so much. I NEED MY LESS GIGANTIC STAIRS!!!!! I HATE HOW MUCH ROOM REGULAR STAIRS TAKE UP.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I agree. Any stair you want to create should be available in the base game now. I hate that with every new version, it's like they have to start all over again without using anything they learned from the version before.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I agree. It's so annoying and quite shocking that we have gotten absolutely no new types of stairs since launch. The current stairs are nice and some of them are really pretty, but they take up so much space and it gets really frustrating when you are trying to build a smaller space.

I'd like all the stairs that you guys have mentioned, especially spiral stair cases. Here are a few that I'd also like to see:

stairs%201_zpsmlcpapgk.jpg
    Curved staircases. It doesn't even have to connect to a wall! (Though that would be cool, but probably difficult to code). This is basically just like the stairs we have now, but with a curve. It would also be really nice if two stairs can connect at the top, like in the picture.

stairs%202_zpsngdlhdh1.jpg
    Stairs with more detailed railing. Sure, everyone loves wood, but sometimes we want some intricate metal work in our railings for rustic or fancy feels. These railings would work well in black, silver, gold, white and also a wood version (because everyone loves wood! :wink: )

stairs%203_zpscqk1gasp.jpgstairs%205_zps9oyufjxk.jpg
    Circular steps. These look absolutely beautiful outdoors and is perfect for anyone's dungeon castle or Victorian garden (or just a pretty entrance!) The amount of steps would be determined by how high the foundation is, and the radius by the stair width. This would not be very compatible with medium and tall walls indoors though, so it would probably have to be restricted to the normal wall height. You can still choose the radius for normal wall height, though!
  • AriaSaeryenAriaSaeryen Posts: 70 Member
    The circular steps are lovely. I would also love spiral stairs again, and ladders. And we need new designs too!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I want spiral stairs, and I also want ladder-stairs.

In RL I've seen two types of spiral stairs. The ones like in Sims3, which is a tighter spiral, and the set in my friend's house, growing up, which was more of a gentle curving stair. I also am in favor of being able to make L-Shape or even U-Shape staircases.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MystynMystyn Posts: 4 New Member
    Sooo, this thread was started in 2015 - 2 years go. WHA..... Come on EA, give us some more stair options already. How hard can it be to make your paying customers happy? I've bought every expansion with such high hopes, only to be let down again and again... and again. Make it a priority please!!
  • CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    Right! Come on now, Life Simulation game with hardly any life.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1