Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    Ok, in case anyone else is having the crash issues with the game, Ive found a fix, in windows 10, disable the game dvr setting! it was that simple, Ive been in simland about 4 hours, with no issues! I have had to raise the keyboard to let the air flow, but its working really well, fingerscrossed for another play tomorrow :)

Good Night x

Hello @Liziann1 :) It is great that you have found a fix for your computer issues! That is great!
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    QC challenge no: 58
    Origin ID: Ninnster
    Are you a novice builder: No
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Vista Quarry, Oasis Springs
    Gallery Name: Ristorante Amore
    Gallery Link: Here
    Do you have Dine out pack?: Yes
    Notes about entry:

I wanted to create an Italian restaurant, because Italy is romance to me. I have always had an interest in Italian culture, and for many years Rome was on the top of my destination list. I have now been fortunate enough to have seen Rome, and I wanted to recreate that feeling.

Notes for judges:
    -The sign on the roof does clip into the friezes (is that the right word?).
    -I have tried to be as careful as possible with the ivy, but it's tricky. At some point I got cross eyed I think.

Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)
    A7xwrNX.png
    7CwLoDs.png
    DujyRWc.png
    WIxVtIu.png
    T2HqPQZ.png
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    The Italian exterior design of Ristorante Amore looks very nice ! @Laebeth :) The texture of the exterior gives a great look to the venue, and the ceramic awnings and planter box windows are a special touch. The flowers and water fountain in the front garden areas look very pretty! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the restaurant! The curtains used look very nice. It looks very nice how the round dining tables have been set up there for sims to enjoy sitting at the tables eating their meals. The red flowers are a nice touch on the table tops, and the wall pictures are very nice and calming for sims to look at whilst dining. The bottles look great on the wall. The wreath looks nice and homely on the fireplace. The fire will keep the dining area warm. Very nice bar and music stage area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stool at the bar having a drink, and listening to the piano being played and songs being sung. The flowers in the music area look very pretty! Very nice private dining area for sims to enjoy eating and drinking food and drinks from the buffet table, fountain and drinks bucket. The yellow roses are pretty on the tables!
    It is a very nice calming and warm Italian restaurant :)
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Yay @Laebeth, you got it done! I know you were saying it was an Italian restaurant and I know that @masajo and I went Italian also. I guess I know what kind of restaurant the three of us are likely to end up on a romantic evening and it isn't Chinese food. :)

Love how all the restaurants are so different and yet so romantic! Great job everyone!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Liz_GoBucksLiz_GoBucks Posts: 73 Member
    Origin ID: Liz_GoBucks
    Are you a novice builder: no

Original Lot used (lot name and town): Sporting Space, Brindleton Bay
    Gallery Name: Sposami Ristorante
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0B601A43046611E889972EE48FE21983
    Do you have Dine out pack?: yes

Notes about entry: Love is always in the air when you live by the sea. So the couples in Brindleton Bay couldn't have been more excited when Sposami Ristorante opened just in time for Valentine's Day. A modern romantic restaurant, Sposami is Italian for "Marry Me". It is the perfect venue to propose to your true love, or even host your wedding and reception. That's Amore!

sUyRDRC.png
    mDqEF8u.png
    qhrD28W.png
    nxfhsIC.png
    czJ1Ksp.png
    41Vw6oM.png
  • Options
    The exterior design of Sposami Ristorante looks very nice! @Liz_GoBucks :) It looks very nice how the cornices have been used. The plants, bonsai trees and white flowers look very nice either sides of the front entrance. Very nice entrance area ! The water feature windows are nice there and the flowers are nice touches either sides of the host station. The cherry blossom plants and wall pictures are so very pretty for sims to see as they are sitting waiting in the waiting room for a table, and whilst enjoying eating a meal in the dining area! The dining room looks very elegant! The white coloured round tables and dining chairs look very nice and the pink flowers are a special touch on the dining table tops. The upper level music area is so very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofas listening to the musical instruments being played or enjoy the music floating down to the lower level. Very nice wedding area nook! The little lamps look very pretty placed either sides of the ornate seat benches. Wedding guest Sims will watching the special outdoors wedding taking place. The wall of candles is a very nice touch behind the wedding arch. The bar and dance room looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar, or relax and have achat when sitting on the sofas or have fun dancing on the dance floor!
    It is a very nice restaurant venue! :)
  • Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    edited February 2018
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    Are you a novice builder: no
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Planet Honey Pop, San Myshuno
    Gallery Name: Divine Dining
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0C62A7590D8911E889EFFF489789EE4B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=lisalittlesimmer&max=50&maxis=false
    Do you have Dine out pack?: yes
    Notes about entry: I know it's not super romantic for everyone, but I wanted to make a more glamorous place that's still romantic in its own way :) The small flower square things in the flower things are sticking into the fences and walls, but I think it's not too bad and it's worth it to make it look more lush. The lamps I used next to the flower bed are also sticking into the fence, they're meant to look like they sit on top of it though. I rushed it a little bit towards the end, I'm sorry if there's a lot of sticking issues, feel free to exclude me from judging in that case, but I finally wanted to participate in a challenge again but ran out of time :)
    Images (3-6 max):
    0jZIlhh.png
    NSka2hN.png
    3WSU8hQ.png
    At7ATAM.png
    slMyUcg.png
    Post edited by lisalittlesimmer on
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    Looking at the Gallery pictures of the restaurant, the exterior design of the venue is very nice! @lisalittlesimmer :) The roofing looks great, and it looks very nice how the windows have been used in the front entrance and side areas ! The tree plant and water feature is very nice. Very nice layout of the build :)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @rosemow Thank you, glad you liked it! :blush:

@lsnishi Yes, I saw both you and masajo went Italian too yes! Fun! And I am actually surprised several of us went Italian, yet nobody went French? I thought France and Paris were like typical romantic places :wink: I prefer Italy though! And I think it's great all 3 venues were so different even if it was the same style!

I must say though, yours is far more romantic than mine though! You have that red color prominent, and lots of romantic decorations! Even that wedding cake sculpture! Looks so wonderful! :heart:

I went less obvious with my decorations, and more "A romantic restaurant in Italy I can see myself eating at". I have a feeling that is a decision that may have cost me! lolol. That and I have a nagging feeling I have missed something... Just.. haha. Oh well. At the end of the day, I am very happy with it myself though, and that's what matters! :blush:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    edited February 2018
    @Laebeth, I started out with a French restaurant done in pink and other light colors but it just didn't look romantic. It just looked "cute." So I switched the exterior to red and white and thought it looked much better so it became an Italian restaurant because for some reason I think of red and white décor in restaurants as Italian. I guess I eat at Pizza Hut a lot!

Here's what I mean. This is the work in progress when I was going to do a French restaurant in pastel colors with pink predominant. The exterior ended up looking much better with the red and white windows and windowboxes than with the pink and white windows.:
    Mz8RI32.png

Post edited by lsnishi on
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Thank you so much for the lovely review @Rosemow! and thanks to @coolsim9999999 and @corwim as well!
    @caramellibra29 - That's one attractive couple, and you got such great expressions on their faces and wonderful poses in the slideshow! Awesome backdrop as well - haha!!!!
    @liel88 - The boats are definitely a very cute idea - Great restaurant, I especially loved those cosy little private dining rooms! Very pretty!
    @emere - what a fun pink castle. Love it. Love the checkerboard floor and all the different nooks! Very cool!
    @masajo - very beautiful restaurant, very chic. Love the reds. Class!
    @chips46 How fun!! A romantic cantina! It rocks. Great wedding area with the desert background! Great bar and garden, and a very very cute couple!!
    @lsnishi - wow - what a great exterior! It's awesome! Love all the artwork as well! Lovely venue! And you are right. The pink looked nice but the red upgrade is terrific.
    @laebeth - you are stylin' girl! That is so very Italian and posh. Love the shape of the build and the interiors are charming. I think it's romantic!!
    @liz_gobucks - What amazing colors. Love the way you put them all together. That grey and pink dining area rocks! Wonderful restaurant.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited February 2018
    You're welcome @Ainsleyf :)!
    Great restaurants, everyone B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    @lsnishi Oh! Yeah I think you are right, the pink is more cute, the red is more sophisticated and romantic! And Pizza Hut is awesome! haha

@Ainsleyf Your feedback always make me laugh! haha. In a good way of course! Glad you liked it :blush:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    @Ainsleyf and your restaurant was awesome! A romantic fantasy restaurant WITH a honeymoon suite, very cool!

Great restaurants everyone! The styles went from modern, traditional to fantasy. We're giving the judges a difficult job, I think! :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Hi everyone sorry for the late challenge closer and new challenge Simon and I both woke sick as dogs yesterday with a cold and horrible cough so couldn't bring myself to log on was in bed all day.
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    So sorry to hear that @cbear. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear that you and Simon are unwell :( I hope that you start to feel a little bit better very soon. Resting in bed is helpful when unwell. It helps to renew your body and help the healing process.
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    9TkPZAb.png
    Challenge 58 is now officially over, fantastic romantic restaurants and couples.

Challenge 59 is now posted on page 1
    Challenge 59 found here
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that you and Simon are ill. Rest up and get well soon!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Liz_GoBucksLiz_GoBucks Posts: 73 Member
    This is a dumb question, but I'm working on my monument park (I'm doing an International Park for San Myshuno) and when I save my progress to the library, there's a street lamp blocking the view of the park. It was there in one save, and then it wasn't there in another, and now it is again. I'm not close to being done yet, but is there a way to get rid of this from the gallery save view? It just bugs me so much, LOL.

V3Vj7Te.png
  • Options
    liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    I hope you feel better soon Cbear13 :)
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    I hope that you and Simon feel better soon @Cbear13.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    @Cbear13 I added pictures to my entry :) I hope you feel better soon :)

@rosemow thanks!
    My lot showcase
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    I have posted about the very nice exterior design of Divine Dining, and the furnishing of the interior looks very nice also! @lisalittlesimmer :) It looks very nice the type of and way the dining tables and chairs have been placed for Sims to enjoy eating their meals there. It is nice that there are curtained divided more private window nooks for couples to enjoy dining with sunlight or moonlight through the windows. Very nice music windows alcove! The floor rug is a nice touch under the piano. It looks great that the chairs have been placed in a semi circle for sims to enjoy sitting there listening to the music being played and the singing . The celing lights look elegantly nice in the rooms.
    It is a very nice restaurant ! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top