Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The end of Summer

In my game, the seasons match the seasons for me in real-time. Which means, Summer is coming to an end. :( It looks like soon I will have to place a school in the world and all the kids will have to board that yellow bus instead of spending long days swimming, fishing, playing at the park and hanging out.

Last night when I played, I took turns taking my families to the local beach and the beachside club.

At the club house, the town mayor's daughter sang karaoke with Malien Subject, a son of Nervous Subject I remade from TS2.
Screenshot-597_zpszekfn0v4.jpg

This is the club from the outside,the side facing the water. This picture was taken shortly before I finished the build. There is a juice bar inside and on the larger deck is a grill and picnic table - and where they now sing karaoke.
Screenshot-586_zpsvut1hoce.jpg

Two of the town founders are twin fishermen. Here is one of them learning to snorkel at the beach.
Screenshot-577_zpsmkiwm1tz.jpg

This is a shot of the far end of the beach, just the other side of that is a rabbithole cafe. I placed it on a pier and I am in the process of working on that lot. There are tables, lights and deco outside to match what is used in the cafe to give it a more cohesive feel.
Screenshot-614_zpshun8btvw.jpg

And this is a shot in the opposite direction. When someone at the beach goes windsurfing, jetskiing or boating, they very often head this way.
Screenshot-613_zpskw3vpfni.jpg

Here you can see the beach and the separate beach club lot and how they relate to each other. On the beach lot is a small lifeguard station with a public restroom.
Screenshot-608_zps3likuq0y.jpg

Just some sims doing summery sim stuff at the beach.
Screenshot-606_zpsibfmhd9h.jpg

Screenshot-605_zpspb3qtzkm.jpg

Screenshot-595_zpsytg6m0c9.jpg

Screenshot-612_zpsramopmtz.jpg

Screenshot-611_zpsthv3ebfz.jpg

I have been working on making a festival lot for Autumn, it's gonna kick sim butt. :) Fall is my favorite time of year, but I am still sad to see summer drawing to a close. Hope you enjoyed seeing what my sims are up to at the beach!

Comments

• GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    Nice pictures. I just got back into Sims 3, bored of Sims 4. I love the worlds..
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Thanks! Here's a little 'heads-up' if there is something you want from the TS3 Store - I haven't noticed a limit on simpoint ads. Clicking can get tedious but over a few days I managed to get Sunlit Tides gold edition and the carousel set. It's worth a shot if you can see the ads.
  • GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    Thanks! Here's a little 'heads-up' if there is something you want from the TS3 Store - I haven't noticed a limit on simpoint ads. Clicking can get tedious but over a few days I managed to get Sunlit Tides gold edition and the carousel set. It's worth a shot if you can see the ads.

Thanks for the info. I got pretty much everything I want but I'll check that out.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Beautiful pics, that world looks stunning.
    Nice idea to play the seasons in keeping with your own, I've usually got my sims in ankle deep snow when it's really mid summer and they're basking on the beach during my winter, it can be jarring when you look out the window and realise what time of year it really is.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited September 2015
    I like that lifeguard tower. Could you post a picture of your nervous subject sim? :) I would love to see him.

I follow someone on tumblr that changes seasons to match real life. She even decorates her legacy house for holidays.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    In my game, the seasons match the seasons for me in real-time. ...

I have been working on making a festival lot for Autumn, it's gonna kick sim butt. :) Fall is my favorite time of year, but I am still sad to see summer drawing to a close. Hope you enjoyed seeing what my sims are up to at the beach!

Your world looks awesome. Which world is this? Did you create it in CAW, downloaded it or converted an EA one? Anyway love the summer fun lots.
  • jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member

Yep, I've been doing the ads too. Love it.
    Your screencaps are gorgeous, btw. o:)
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    OP, those pics are so beautiful! And I had no idea Sims can now do those things! Jetskis, reading on a beach towel? Amazing! Isle of Paradise EP? Lots of mods?

At any rate it is breathtaking. I love it.
    Thank you so much everyone, so glad you enjoy the pics and thank you so much for the compliments on the world! :)

@Scrapdash, I've been playing along with the seasons since last fall, so only for a year now. I was so freaking glad when Spring finally came around, it was one horrible and long winter for me. At least my sims dug out from under the snow a little sooner than I did. At one point I sent them on a camping vacation just so my sim's daughter could swim in the ocean while still a toddler.

@Simasaurus09, I don't have a Nervous Subject sim, yet! I loved playing them in TS2 and I am working on carrying over some of my favorite characters over the years. So far, I've just got one of his sons in my game. I think he looks a lot like Nervous, except Nervous was seriously lacking lips. :D

@cwaddell, This is a world I made. Took me about a year and while it isn't technically finished - I have stopped working on it in CAW and I am playing it. It's got a few flaws and a few areas I wish I had paid more attention to.. like the terrain painting around the beach area where the bar is. It is pretty harsh. But overall, it seems to be all working well and I am impatient.

@jusMeh :D!! I am so glad that the ads are working so well for others too! There isn't a whole lot left I want to get but I know there are things that others want and can't get the ads.

@Okblondee7, Yes! Sims can do all those things! They came with the Island Paradise EP. There is scuba diving, too, and that is a whole other kind of beautiful experience. One regret with my world is that I did not make it deep/big enough to support a proper dive lot. But with a mod I can easily travel to a world which has them. :) Isla Paradiso DOES have its issues but it offers so much more with the EP that is is so worth it even if your sims never set foot in that world. It can be fixed and it is gorgeous, btw.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    I love the pictures! They are the perfect example of why TS3 is so special.
    Thanks @JessicaSimston! :) I love picture threads. I love to see what others are up to in their games, it very often inspires me to do something different in mine I hadn't considered. Like playing different life states or doing challenges.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited September 2015
    The Lazy dayz of Summer. you got to love'em!
    I love how Sims 3 Seasons made you actually feel the the seasons. (If that makes sense?) You felt apart of them. :)

Oh, Great picture by the way!
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    Hey @Jessa_Dakkar , your beach looks pretty crowded! It's very beautiful, the club is lovely.
    I wish I'd had a better experience with Island Paradise. I ended up uninstalling that EP and regretting my purchase.
  • Ms_BloomberryMs_Bloomberry Posts: 127 Member
    @Okblondee7 most of the objects are from the Island Paradise EP, which includes houseboats, underwater lots where you can scuba dive to find mermaids, sharks and other aquatic life forms.

The EP also allows you to jets-ski, wind surf and fish/travel on rowboats/speed boats.

Oh yes, I forgot running RESORTS, snorkelling and relaxing anywhere on a community lot with an umbrella, beach towel and stereo...

check out the launch trailer: https://youtu.be/4BTIGeKpepY
    edited September 2015
    @Ms_Blumeberry: Thank you! I wonder if I can find that EP in stores anymore. It looks amazing!

Edited to thank Jessa_Dakkar. Missed your post first time around. Thank you for the great info! I love the snorkeling option!
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Great pictures as always! :)
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Nice pictures Jessa! Is that the world that you have a thread for in the CAW forum?
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    quote: "@jusMeh :D!! I am so glad that the ads are working so well for others too! There isn't a whole lot left I want to get but I know there are things that others want and can't get the ads." end quote
    ----

Hi Jessa_Dakkar, thank you. Yeah I've been having a blast with those ad thingies. :D I just got the basketball court finally, and now I'm working toward getting a new set of counters and cabinets for the kitchen. And I know what you mean, there isn't too much left that I want either, especially of the premium stuff. I guess that's a good thing though. I just don't want to get bored with the game or bored with the new items.

Then again I know no matter how bored I get with Sims 3, I still won't buy Sims 4. :P

Happy simming everyone! <3
    What Ad thingies? Please! And thank you!
    edited September 2015
    @Okblondee7

http://store.thesims3.com/ < < If you go there, sometimes you'll see a blue 'button' that says 'Get Bonus Simpoints - Compliments of our Sponsor', and you click on it, watch a pop-up ad, and then afterward you will get a designated amount of free points to use at the TS3 store. I've been getting 5 free points per ad. The blue button doesn't always show up, though. It is random; however I've been getting tons of ads lately.
    Ohhhhh! I see! Thank you! I suppose I will need to disable my adblocker, lol. :p
  • Felicia1990Felicia1990 Posts: 248 Member
    In my game, the seasons match the seasons for me in real-time. Which means, Summer is coming to an end. :( It looks like soon I will have to place a school in the world and all the kids will have to board that yellow bus instead of spending long days swimming, fishing, playing at the park and hanging out.

Last night when I played, I took turns taking my families to the local beach and the beachside club.

At the club house, the town mayor's daughter sang karaoke with Malien Subject, a son of Nervous Subject I remade from TS2.
    Screenshot-597_zpszekfn0v4.jpg

This is the club from the outside,the side facing the water. This picture was taken shortly before I finished the build. There is a juice bar inside and on the larger deck is a grill and picnic table - and where they now sing karaoke.
    Screenshot-586_zpsvut1hoce.jpg

Two of the town founders are twin fishermen. Here is one of them learning to snorkel at the beach.
    Screenshot-577_zpsmkiwm1tz.jpg

This is a shot of the far end of the beach, just the other side of that is a rabbithole cafe. I placed it on a pier and I am in the process of working on that lot. There are tables, lights and deco outside to match what is used in the cafe to give it a more cohesive feel.
    Screenshot-614_zpshun8btvw.jpg

And this is a shot in the opposite direction. When someone at the beach goes windsurfing, jetskiing or boating, they very often head this way.
    Screenshot-613_zpskw3vpfni.jpg

Here you can see the beach and the separate beach club lot and how they relate to each other. On the beach lot is a small lifeguard station with a public restroom.
    Screenshot-608_zps3likuq0y.jpg

Just some sims doing summery sim stuff at the beach.
    Screenshot-606_zpsibfmhd9h.jpg

Screenshot-605_zpspb3qtzkm.jpg

Screenshot-595_zpsytg6m0c9.jpg

Screenshot-612_zpsramopmtz.jpg

Screenshot-611_zpsthv3ebfz.jpg

This makes me want to play TS3 so bad!!! The lagging is just horrible on this computer of mine. Once I get my new one built, I think I'll be playing TS3 more than TS4 lol
    Thanks again everyone! :) Yeah, this is the world I was working in the CAW forums. It never quite got 100% finished but it got a lot further done than I ever expected to make it. I know me and how I stick with things, lol. If anyone is daring enough to give it a try it is in my studio currently as a black box and the name of the world is Camden Island.

@Felicia1990, I am so sorry your current computer doesn't work well for TS3, but glad to hear you have a new one in the works. I wish this game worked as well for everyone as it does for some. It's just a wonderful game, has flaws for sure, but I love it so just the same. :)
  • 23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    I love your pictures! The beach-goers really resemble a summer's day!
    I especially love Island Paradise's features and all the cool, new interactions and items!

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin