Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Game Is Lost!

I'm kinda new to this thing so I don't really know how this works or if this is a valid question, but here we go.

So yesterday I was having problems connecting my origin account to the internet, it kept saying that I was offline and when I tried to go online it wouldn't let me. I went on the Sims 4, and it said I wasn't connected so I couldn't access the gallery. It also said that I didn't have any families active which I was expecting since, I wasn't connected.

I left it alone and today I went back, and origin and the sims4 needed updating so I updated both of those and everything was connected and working well.

When I went to click my sims4 game, the same thing happened where it didn't show me any of the families and households I had created. When I went to click play it took me straight into create a household. It can't be the internet because I can access the store and there was no message saying that I wasn't connected. Also, I checked my profile page on the gallery to see if I could recover all my families that way, but it showed that I was inactive and didn't favorite or download anything yet, which is not true since I love the gallery and have downloaded a lot of things from there.

I had a legacy challenge family, and I was almost done building all of Newcrest which I spent hours of my free time on. Is there anyway I can get my household back? Is anyone else having the same problem? :'( :s

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello.
    Have you lost your save game files?

Come completely out of the game. Shut down your computer. Start the computer and then launch the game and see if your save game files has returned.

If the problem is still there, doing the following has helped another simmer with a similar problem. Start a new game. Create a new sim and place them in the game and play for a short time. Then save the game. Exit the game. Then go back , press the load button on the main screen (the one with the file image ) on the top right hand side of the screen and see if the other save games have returned.

If after that the issue still remains, do this.
    Go to your save folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - sims 4 folder ) and move the slot_00000001.save file. to your desktop. That is the autosave file and could be causing issues. Then launch the game. See if the load button is there and if you can load your save game files.

If the issue is still there, use these links to roll back your save game files to an earlier version.
    https://enkeli63.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/sims-4-saved-game-back-up-recovery/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
  • HeyItsMaraHeyItsMara Posts: 22 New Member
    Unfortunately I tried all of these. I also tried the links but my saves are all gone, except from the new one I just created trying to get my old one back.

Looks like I'll have to part ways with my old Sims and start again.

Thank you for the links, though, because it showed me how to backup my saves in order to not lose my progress again.
    Hello.
    Are your save game files still in your saves folder?
    If they are, doing what is in the links may help.

If the save game files aren't there, I am sorry that you have had this issue happen to you. :(
    If you have uploaded any of your homes or sims to the community gallery, you can rediwnload them.
    Also if you have any other backups you could use them?

When saving the game, don't use " save and exit" because that can cause issues. It is better to use " save as" or " save" and then exit the game after that.
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    The same thing happened to me on the patch that came after New Crest, when they changed something on the maps to add descriptions and details on lots. It's a horrible feeling, so I know exactly what you're going through. My OCD forced me to back up my Tray folder and Save folder after every gameplay because I really didn't want to start over. If you're able to, keep a copy of your Tray and Save folder somewhere on your desktop. It's helped me with quick back-ups. I really hope you're able get some of your builds and families recovered. :(
    Baenre wrote: »
    The same thing happened to me on the patch that came after New Crest, when they changed something on the maps to add descriptions and details on lots. It's a horrible feeling, so I know exactly what you're going through. My OCD forced me to back up my Tray folder and Save folder after every gameplay because I really didn't want to start over. If you're able to, keep a copy of your Tray and Save folder somewhere on your desktop. It's helped me with quick back-ups. I really hope you're able get some of your builds and families recovered. :(

I am sorry that this issue happened to you as well @Baenre. :( It is not good that you lost your save game files. It is a very helpful suggestion to keep backups of the tray and save folders.
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

I am sorry that this issue happened to you as well @Baenre. :( It is not good that you lost your save game files. It is a very helpful suggestion to keep backups of the tray and save folders.

@rosemow The weird thing that happened aside from the obvious (I don't know if this was also HeyItsMara's situation) but when I tried to use the back up save versions that the game generates automatically, all those saves loaded as "empty" too and took me straight to the CAS to start a new household. So that's why I recommend actually having a copy of the Tray and Save folders somewhere outside of TS4 folder just in case the game corrupts all of them.

• HeyItsMaraHeyItsMara Posts: 22 New Member
    @Baenre Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to me. I've been playing the Sims for almost a year and I never really understood the backup saves and files so I didn't mess with it, but now that I've learned more about it, I'll use it more and hopefully *fingers crossed* the next time this happens, I'll be prepared.
    rosemow wrote: »

@rosemow The weird thing that happened aside from the obvious (I don't know if this was also HeyItsMara's situation) but when I tried to use the back up save versions that the game generates automatically, all those saves loaded as "empty" too and took me straight to the CAS to start a new household. So that's why I recommend actually having a copy of the Tray and Save folders somewhere outside of TS4 folder just in case the game corrupts all of them.

It is good to keep copies of the tray and save folders in another place and to back up regularly. Then they can be used if issues occur.