Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin

I up dated Origin and the new patch for the Sims 4.

Now Origin will not open. I seem to remember this happening before on one of the up dates but I can't remember, or find what the fix was.

Can anyone help, please?

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Here are a few things to try:
    1. Restart Origin
    2. Restart your PC
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hi @Changkra first see if resetting files helps with the problem by pulling to the desktop your my documents/electronic arts/sims 4 folder

how to reset your sims 4 files, pull your my documents/electronic arts/sim 4 folder to the desktop and run a test game if this fixes the problem you can move back old files to the new but test for problems:

files to move back (but again test each move)
    saves - game save
    options.ini - game settings
    screenshots
    custom music
    mods folder - IMPORTANT: only return updated mods or mods deemed fine by modder to your game patch; outdated mods can corrupt save files and user feedback isnt enough proof that a mod isnt conflicting with new game coding
    tray folder - all your saved builds and sims

if this doesnt work try reinstalling origin

good luck
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hello,
    Shut down your computer completely. Then start the computer again, and see if you can log in to origin. If you still have issues, uninstall and reinstall origin.

If you can get into origin, but can't launch the game, try removing your mods/cc and see if that helps.
    Also repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.