Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited September 2015
    Since we're rolling for traits, do we have to roll aspirations too? I don't mind rolling them, but I've got two public enemies in the batch I rolled and I personally hate that aspiration... XD I also really hate when I roll a completely unrelated child aspiration for the trait (Loner social butterflies, anyone? *eyeroll*) -- like an Outgoing Sim would totally be a Social Butterfly, and a Geek would be a perfect Whiz Kid or Scamp bc of the video gaming... le sigh. But that's just the luck of the roll, I guess. xD
  • SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    I have not had the eye one, that I noticed, but I am very well acquainted with the hair one. Its really annoying for stories, I had to put in that she couldnt make up her mind with her hair color....Didn't matter EA or CC, both changed. Only on childrens though.
    Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
    And it's such an inconvenient glitch for children -- like, teens might want to change/dye their hair (lol -- having a teen come home from school with pink or blue hair "from dying hair in the bathroom" or "from being dared" or whatever would be hilarious), but children look like 8-10 y/o's to me, and I've never seen a 8-10 y/o with dyed hair. :/
    Yea, thankfully mine was an aliens, so I kind of played up that it was an alien trait...hair changing color...but its really aggravating cause she is DEF not a blonde and thats what it keeps making her
    Not sure what everyone uses for their randomizing, or if there is a set one as a rule o.o.....BUT, my internet is el sucko so to have go back and forth is a little tough when I need traits often. I found this randomizer that is a program for your computer, no web page or internet needed. I just added it to my bar and can tab out hit it and tab right back.

randomizer
    Selarono wrote: »
    Yea, thankfully mine was an aliens, so I kind of played up that it was an alien trait...hair changing color...but its really aggravating cause she is DEF not a blonde and thats what it keeps making her

Maybe she's just wants blonde hair! Self-aware sims and all that. xD
    Not sure what everyone uses for their randomizing, or if there is a set one as a rule o.o.....BUT, my internet is el sucko so to have go back and forth is a little tough when I need traits often. I found this randomizer that is a program for your computer, no web page or internet needed. I just added it to my bar and can tab out hit it and tab right back.

randomizer

OOoooOOo! *downloads immediately* That is awesome -- like the TS3 randomizer! Usually Pinstar's randomizer is the "set rule" because it takes the parents' traits into account, but it's really laggy and freezes up my computer bc ads. >.< The things I do for Sims...*sigh*
    Hey guys! Well, I have an official member of gen 2!! Courtney and Kelii had a baby boy, Keenan. He looks like hes going to have darker skin like dad...well see! Pics incoming

[img][/img]2qs48i1.jpg

[img][/img]2dl44jr.jpg

Awesome Labor face!!!

[img][/img]fnyejn.jpg

"Why O why can't the men have the babies?!?!"
    (Cause humans would be extinct by now if it was up to them =D )

[img][/img]2lw3lgn.jpg[/im

Welcome to Willow Creek Keenan Tano'na!

I had to say something earlier about never having boys.....Ive now had 2 in a row in two different stories grrrr
    edited September 2015
    @Selarono OMG those ears!! XD How did I not notice those in your other pics?! *dead*

My game's kinda glitched right now, I think -- I've only had girls since the last patch update (and I've had 10ish Sims born in-game since then), aside from the one pregnancy I influenced to get a boy in my Newcrest save. Honestly, I prefer girls, but for this challenge I want a good balance of both genders to see the genetics play out. I'm going to make each couple have four children (rather, I'll let them roll whims for it, but they won't get to age up 'til they have four kids XD), the first two pregnancies will be random, then the last two will be influenced with music to balance it out. (So, if they have two girls, I'll make the next two be boys.)

Does anyone know what the gender randomizing ratio/algorithm is, or if it can be altered? I'm assuming it's some complex algorithm and not a 1:1 ration (50/50 chance), because that would mean the generator would give boy/girl/boy/girl/boy/girl to keep up with the ratio (I think...). It feels like the ratio in my game is 9:1 with females being 9. Dx *flails*
    We can Stat them as a married couple right

@Sims3fan1986 I just now saw this, I think your post got buried under our massive image posts! xD I think they can be started as married couples -- I made mine married in CAS, anyway. @OJenn correct me if I'm wrong.
    @JordanNicoleJJ I didn't have them on in their first picture so it wasn't you. I put them on the other outfits, but forgot the most important one..... I think I got them all now...she shouldn't randomly have different ears :)
    Really wish there was a preview button for signatures......

Question!!! Is there any rules to what we put as our public lots? Does it have to be wehre the public lots were before ? Same things? Same amount? or can we switch it up?
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Just waking up here, I 'll try and answer all questions and feel free to ask more if anything crops up.
    Since we're rolling for traits, do we have to roll aspirations too?

Nope you don't have to. If someone already has a certain aspiration in that generation then I would say roll again, if you are going to roll. I personally think it makes it fun to do so.
    Question!!! Is there any rules to what we put as our public lots? Does it have to be wehre the public lots were before ? Same things? Same amount? or can we switch it up?

You can put whatever you want down as far as community lots are concerned. I am actually going to put a market place in my town.

• Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited September 2015
    Kono and Sage welcomed a baby girl, Lily.
    09-04-15_1-55nbspPM%202_zpsut7l4dol.jpg
    She's very loved.
    09-04-15_2-07nbspPM-2%202_zpso6dfpi4t.jpg
    Daddy Kono is the cutest!
    09-04-15_2-13nbspPM%202_zps4saehvcs.jpg
    Lily looks just like her Dad. Same eyes, skin tone, mouth... I think we know who's genes are strongest. Edited: Forgot to mention she rolled the rambunctious scamp aspiration, and the music lover trait, which I'm happy with. :)
    09-04-15_2-40nbspPM%202_zpslrzq0o6x.jpg
    09-04-15_2-51nbspPM%202_zpsbvlg3oak.jpg

Where is everyone? It's Saturday, c'mon guys your slackin lol
    Post edited by Heckstress17 on
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    I'll be back with a big-ish update tonight! ^.^
    @Heckstress17 I didn't have time to comment on your post earlier--but omg! Lily is so adorable. It looks like she might actually have Sage's nose and possibly her mouth...Lily's upper lip is thinner than Kono's (kinda like Sage's). Their genes mixed really well in her!

Here's the update I promised earlier. I planned on switching to the Jackson household, but I couldn't resist aging up Janae to see her 'real' genetics (child genetics are so deceiving sometimes).

09-05-15_1-23c2a0pm.png
    And...Charley may be pregnant with baby # 2... ;)

09-05-15_1-40c2a0pm.png
    We threw a birthday party, earned a gold rating, and Haku completed the 'mix three drinks at a single social event' goal for his aspiration. Also, he and Charley are both at level 5 of their careers and level 3 of their aspirations. Next time I play them, they'll complete their aspirations & get to age up into Adults.

09-05-15_1-40c2a0pm-4.png
    Janae aged up beautifully, in my opinion, and became even more beautiful when I altered her outfits in CAS to match her "new" personality: she's now a Geek and an Art Lover, with the Best-selling Author aspiration. It's a favorite aspiration of mine, and Art Lover will help her get/stay inspired. She joined the Barista teen career (level 2), because, again, Art Lover will help her get in the ideal mood.

1-t.png
    As for her genetics, she did get Haku's eye shape, nose, and cheekbones as I predicted. Her lips are more full than either of her parents', but I'm assuming they're the "feminine" version of Haku's lips. Lastly, she got Charley's face shape/jawline.

janaeteencollage.png
    Here are her outfits; she aged up with a king of 'edgy artist' look, so I tried to incorporate that. The nerd glasses were in her party outfit, and I thought they fit her geeky writer personality perfectly, so I assigned them to all of her outfits.

09-05-15_2-09c2a0pm.png
    The day after the party (coincidentally both Charley and Haku had the day off work -- a rare occurrence), Charley went into labor while painting (as she did with Janae), and Haku had a panic attack (as he did with Janae).

09-05-15_2-17c2a0pm.png
    I actually influenced this pregnancy to get a boy, but the game gave me another girl anyway. (I'm starting to wonder if there is a legitimate bug.)

09-05-15_2-20c2a0pm.png
    Meet Lilian Ho'opi'i, Good Social Butterfly. As of this update, she is already on the last milestone of her aspiration (in just one day!) and will complete it, get an A in school, & age up into a Teen next time I play this household.

2-ch.png
    I think she's more of a 'mixture' of her parents than Janae was. Genetic guesses: Mom's skin color (confirmed), Mom's hair color (confirmed), Mom's face shape/jawline, Mom's nose, Mom's eye shape, Dad's eye color (confirmed), Dad's lips, Dad's cheekbones.
  • TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    @OJenn I get that weird eye glitch too! so annoying >.< I find it happens when I change the kids hair then it does not revert back after lol.

So glad to see everyone's babies :) they are all so cute :)

@jordannichole101 glad you found my photoshopping handy haha I don't mind anyone else using the same idea :) good to see where the genetics are coming from.

I've been MIA this weekend as it's fathers day here in Australia :p when I play sims I hope for Aponi & Jay to roll a want for another baby.. Romeo is halfway through his childhood and maxed out his social skill :) I want him to max out all skills before growing up. Something I have not done in sims before.
    sdfk83.png

Romeo has also made two little friends, they come over after school some days and play cards :)
    fcut87.png
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
    @Tellex Have you heard of the 'super skilling' trick for children? It's not a glitch -- it's purposeful, but it's kind of 'hidden.' It only applies to mental, motor, and creativity (as far as I know), so you still have to build social normally. First, max the mental skill normally. Once it's maxed, use the "Research Simpedia" option on the computer, and the Motor skill will start building like crazy (maxed out in a few hours, give or take). Once you max Motor, play Keyboard Commander to build Creativity like crazy. There are some variations I've heard of -- sometimes the super skilling will kick in with level 9 mental, and sometimes Arithmetic Attack will trigger it instead of Research Simpedia, but it's less reliable. Regardless, it's a pretty helpful trick!
    edited September 2015
    @jordannichole101 Never heard of that!! Thanks! Going to have him max out the *mental skill and give it a try :D
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

@JordanNicoleJJ - Now that you mention it you're right, it does look like Lily may have her Mom's nose. But like you said we'll only know for sure once she's a teen. I love how Janae turned out! She definitely lucked out in the traits department. It seems like she'll be a fun sim to play. I really love the look you've got going for her, and I like seeing all her outfits. I hope your game doesn't have an all girl glitch :/ kinda sounds like it though. I'm gonna influence Kono and Sage's next baby to be a boy to be sure I don't have it as well. Carrots and alternative music right? Anyways Lillian seems to be the perfect mixture of both her parents. I'm really excited to see her age up. Also, thanks for that kid skilling tip, never heard of it.

@Tellex - Hope you had a fun father's day :) Romeo playing cards with his friends is too cute!

@Selarono - Sorry I forgot to comment yesterday, but welcome baby Keenan! Makes me remember Keenan and Kel on Nickelodeon lol

Also if you guys have simblr's I wanna follow them!
    edited September 2015
    No Simblr for me -- just regular tumblr. I would have two blogs, but I'd be the screw up who accidentally posts Sims stuff on my person blog and personal stuff on my Sims blog XD I used to be such a snob for wordpress blogs, but through this challenge I'm really starting to see the appeal of thread-based stories and Simblrs... I find myself getting really excited to make quick little updates with my favorite/important screenshots, not worrying about really developing full-blown story with plots and such. xD Don't get me wrong, I love blogging and storytelling, but this is relaxing, pure and simple fun. ^.^
    edited September 2015
    Yeah, I understand. I basically live on my personal blog, so I created a whole separate blog under a different email so I wouldn't accidentally reblog stuff on the wrong blog. I prefer posting pics and short little updates to the forums as well. I've never been into writing stories for my sims, but I love sharing pics and updates on the stuff happening in my game. Like you said it's relaxing, fun and easy. And I love seeing everyone else's updates. I mainly use my simblr to reblog cc and post random pics here and there.

Anyway's here's a quick update!
    Lily is adorable and I really like playing with her.
    09-06-15_10-53nbspAM%202_zps0glq1btp.jpg

She had a bad first day of school and is not looking forward to going tomorrow lol
    09-06-15_11-07nbspAM%202_zpsvpr4pd58.jpg

Thankfully her Dad was able to put her into a better mood with a good story. And upon seeing them side by side it's clear she has her Mom's skintone and not her Dad's.
    09-06-15_11-19nbspAM%202_zpsobg9xj07.jpg

Kono and Sage are still very much in love. I'm thinking baby #2 will be along shortly. Fingers crossed for a boy!
    09-06-15_10-50nbspAM%202_zpsolecr2ug.jpg

• Makayla_MakaPakaMakayla_MakaPaka Posts: 771 Member
    I really want to try this challenge, but I don't have Sims 4. (though after seeing all your beautiful pictures, I cannot wait to buy it!) If I try this challenge with Sims 3, may I still update on this thread?

Everyone's founders and children are beautiful/handsome/adorable, and the houses are great. I have no building skill whatsoever, so those houses are amazing. I'm also terrible at creating sims, so I'm terribly jealous of the lovely couples you've created.
    Update! Keenan aged up to a good looking young man. I didn't do the Photoshop thing....Im lazy and play late at night, Its 1 15 and i still have to do my other story! ugh. Anyways, He aged up to green hair....Mom has CC hair, which I will change next time I try for baby. His eyebrows are black so I changed it to black. The game gave him CC blue eyes...Mom has blue , dad has brown. Definitely has Moms nose, Dads skin color and hair color. The rest is a good mix. I put the pic of mom and dad in for comparison. He is a Rambunctious scamp and Goofy! I rolled his aspiration too and its Joke star which goes great with Goofy. He got his logic skill to 2 for school. Gave him some time with dad since he needs to play chess for work. I had him and mom hit the "beach" for some funtime before she gets preggo again.

[img][/img]35iyuxd.jpg

[img][/img]1zel0n5.jpg

[img][/img]asie0.jpg

Just opened this page 24 hours later and notices i never pushed post comment lawl
    edited September 2015
    @Selarono LOOOL!!!! Well done :p Keenan is a cutie! Good ole CC hair making kid's hair all sorts of colours eh? I know to change my kids hair colour to brown if this happens to Jay & Aponi because Jay does not have CC hair and Aponi does :) luckily Romeo grew up with his dads hair.

Stuck at work at the moment, will update more on the Jones' when I get home :) looking forward to a big sims sesh after I been baking for my dad all weekend :)
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree