Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Omg!!! @OJenn this sounds SO fun! I think I'm going to try it! And one question is there a simoleon limit on the house??
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Omg!!! @OJenn this sounds SO fun! I think I'm going to try it! And one question is there a simoleon limit on the house??

Yay hi @Penguinwa101! And nope, no limit! Build and decorate till your heart's content.
    OJenn wrote: »

Yay hi @Penguinwa101! And nope, no limit! Build and decorate till your heart's content.

Oh yayyyyy!!!!! :D
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Oh and to add to what @JordanNicoleJJ was saying about unconventional genes, I kind of went that route for my couple as well. Derrick is a black male and he has bluish grey eyes. But hey its all in the fun of seeing what traits get passed down so go for unconventional if you like with your sims :smiley:
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    empty-willow.png

Disclaimer: Sorry in advance for the image-heavy post. xD

Willow Creek is cleared out -- I'm starting on Crick Cabana for the industrial park/junk yard view. Their starter house is a 17,000-ish simoleon trailer house. The upper kitchen cabinets and table remind me of a pirate ship -- dark, wide-plank wood and metal hardware -- in honor of Lee's pirate-yness. He'll be joining the criminal career, hence the general "low end" style of the house (criminals make barely any money in the beginning). The low-stat appliances/plumbing will be useful later, as Lee will need to fix/upgrade everything for his career. For Winona, most of the furniture is Native American-styled (I think) -- geometric patterns and earthy colors. She'll also have a large garden in the backyard, as she'll be pursing gardening as one of her Renaissance Sim skills. Also, I suppose now would be a good time to share that I swapped two of their traits--Lee's now the Genius and Winona's the Creative one. I figured Creative skills would be easier to pursue for her aspiration, as Cooking/Gourmet Cooking/Gardening go together well and will practically be a given as she'll have a family to feed. The house is only a 1-bed/1-bath, so once they start having kids, I'll move them into a bigger starter-family home. ^.^

Now...pictures!

09-02-15_1-04c2a0pm.png

09-02-15_1-20c2a0pm.png

09-02-15_1-04c2a0pm-4.png

09-02-15_1-04c2a0pm-5.png

09-02-15_1-05c2a0pm.png
    @JordanNicoleJJ - Yay pictures! I love what you have done with the place! Looks like your couple has settled in nicely to the Foundry Cove neighborhood. I am still reworking my house atm but I will be back with pic spam later.
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    @emilyduru - I uploaded Kono to my gallery here and you can find his hair here

@JordanNicoleJJ - Loving the pics and cute story :smile:
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    edited September 2015
    ummm.... i have a problem.... I DON'T KNOW who to pick!!! I <3 them ALL can you guys help me? I don't know who i should pick!!!

Cherokee-Rose(native american female) & Johnathan(white male)

VDplKNk.png

Serena(Black female) & Alejandro(Hispanic male)

1yKhXZL.png

Wendy(Asian Female) & Damian(Black Male)

aOwl6Pt.png

Jane(White Female) & Marcus(Pacific Islander Male)

Vu1PnTL.png
    3gXRDPf.gif
    @Penguinwa101 - I vote for the first couple because I love gingers <3 Secondary vote (because of that) would be the last couple because gingers <3. I am totally not biased.
    @OJenn i think i'm going to go with.... OMG i don't know!! the 2 you named are my FAVORITES!!! ugh! i LOVE Jane's vibe and Marcus... i THINK i made him to GORGEOUS! LOL! but John and Rose are SOOOOO cute together!!! I DON'T KNOW ugh! Ok... now i have to argue with myself for an hr. LOL!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    @OJenn i think i'm going to go with.... OMG i don't know!! the 2 you named are my FAVORITES!!! ugh! i LOVE Jane's vibe and Marcus... i THINK i made him to GORGEOUS! LOL! but John and Rose are SOOOOO cute together!!! I DON'T KNOW ugh! Ok... now i have to argue with myself for an hr. LOL!

Well if you are down to two, I'd say flip a coin :wink:
    oh that's a good idea! one sec!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    and it's...... TAILS Jane and Marcus are MY founders!!!

Vu1PnTL.png[/center]
    3gXRDPf.gif
    @Penguinwa101 Yay! Picked out a house yet?

No... do you know of any good shell builds?!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    edited September 2015

No... do you know of any good shell builds?!

Honestly i just search the gallery for #noCC tag. You could always look in @Cbear13 's gallery or @Zita1966z 's gallery I know they don't use CC in their builds. I am personally starting small and growing the house as the family grows. My founder has the successful lineage aspiration so should be interesting.

Or the Build-n-Share thread
    i have a house i made a while back i think i'll just use that one BUT give it a little make-over!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    edited September 2015
    1st picture update! :smiley: I just finished clearing Willow Creek and have placed the Kalai's new home. So here's a peek at that.
    So as I said before I went with couple option 4 (Pacific Islander Male and White Female). Here's Kono and Sage again. I changed her hair because I'm indecisive.
    FotorCreated_zps7luwol0n.jpg
    This is their home. It's a house I built and I'm super excited to get to use.
    09-02-15_3-43nbspPM-2%202_zps52z1mbqp.jpg
    Living Room
    09-02-15_3-27nbspPM-3%202_zpshxphthjw.jpg
    Kitchen
    09-02-15_3-23nbspPM%202_zps7cqa8gcm.jpg
    Dining Room
    09-02-15_3-27nbspPM-2%202_zps4i4mqnxl.jpg
    Art Studio
    09-02-15_3-29nbspPM%202_zpscclxj1wy.jpg

Obviously there's more rooms but those are some of my favs. Happy Simming everyone!
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @OJenn love this thread I am bookmarking to keep track, I dont surf the forums so glad you linked my name so I saw it thankyou
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    1st picture update! :smiley: I just finished clearing Willow Creek and have placed the Kalai's new home. So here's a peek at that.

So as I said before I went with couple option 4 (Pacific Islander Male and White Female). Here's Kono and Sage and again. I changed her hair because I'm indecisive.

image cut

Obviously there's more rooms but those are some of my favs. Happy Simming everyone!

@Heckstress17 GORGEOUS -- I love the front view of the house, how you can see into the rooms and everything because of the huge windows. ^.^ And your founders are gorgeous as well. Mm that pacific islander male... *grabby hands* xD
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    @OJenn love this thread I am bookmarking to keep track, I dont surf the forums so glad you linked my name so I saw it thankyou

Of course @Cbear13 ! I really love your builds :smile:

@Heckstress17 I really like your house, it looks amazing! Stop inspiring me to want to build, lol.
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    I have some empty shells in my gallery library that I never put up as I wasnt sure if anyone even used empty shells lol
    I know zita has a lot of them from the under renovation competition her origin id is zita1966 and mine is cbear1313 if that helps anyone finding them
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    okay here's a little update! i ended up going with Jane and Marcus, which is option 4 white female and Pacific Islander Male!

Vu1PnTL.png

vQqBWse.png

They are living in one of MY OWN houses i have in my gallery and re-vamped it JUST A LITTLE to make them feel more "at home". Marcus being from the Pacific islands i incorporated SOME tribal decor and Jane coming from a Posh & Rich family i incorporated little luxury items such as Yoga, and meditating pad. but BOTH love the outdoors so a party backyard patio and a yard tent with a stargazing tarp was a perfect finish to the re-vamp!

OKAY! here WE GOOOOOO!!! :blush:
    3gXRDPf.gif
    @JordanNicoleJJ - Thank you! I love modern houses, but a lot of the reason I used the big windows was was because of the crappy indoor lighting. So I was hoping to let more light in.

@Penguinwa101 - Great couple. And I really like the eyes you're using, they're so bright. Also yaaaaaay for building and using your own house!

@Ojenn - Thanks for the compliment on the house :smiley: Question. How're we going about the community lots? Are we suppose to be rebuilding them ourselves and then placing them as we finish?
  • TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    @Heckstress17 love your house! Wishing I wasn't stuck at home so I could finished building my sims house! waaah! lol :(

Can't wait to see everyones second generation.. I love babies! :p
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz