Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ Haha, I'm stuck at the deliver a baby goal too now. I might just cheat Hymn into a promotion eventually, I want her to reach the top of this career. I'm a bit disappointed for now with the City Living expansion, but that might be because I haven't put one of my sims in an apartment yet. I tried to play a different sim for City Living, but I had a hard time neglecting my RWC family :joy: So I might just put one of the kids in an apartment while their Willow Creek house is being built :yum:

Which apartment did Owen move to? Rose is pretty as ever in your game :smiley: Hmm the Humor & Hijinks festival sounds like one I should send Wei to. That guy behind the souvenir shop counter looks just like Noah! I love your picture of the fireworks. I tried to get one of the Romance festival, but it was so bright. Did you change the lighting settings before taking the picture? Hahahaa Owens t-shirt with the pepper on it :joy: It's hilarious. Huh Rose is pregnant? Wow I did not see that coming. She is fertile :yum:

@Meeshelby I just went through all the CC I had and put it in specific folders. And I threw away the stuff I didn't want to show up in my game anymore. I also used the Tray Importer to easily track the items I didn't like. It's a lot of work, but worth it :smiley:

Haha, Richard seems agressive in his tries for more babies :joy: Well I'm glad he's getting his way. I'm still confused when you call Richards mother grandma, LOL. She looks so young! Aww Maggie the horribly dressed redhead :love: She's amazing. Oh dear, more pregnancies. Poor Elisabeth. Johnathon is a cutie too! I like that Jools eyes are still going strong.

LOL, Cristopher in that shirt... He looks so bummed. Maggie is cute with the short hairdo!

@OJenn Awww noooo, Daniel :bawling: Well, Colin is gorgeous too :heart: I'm glad Charlotte finally found love. I have a feeling Charlotte is going to say no though. She looks a little too shocked...

@Heckstress17 I appreciate that you're doing comments despite being in a rush :smiley: Haha yeah Wei gets abducted a lot lately, I didn't expect that because they seemed to have their eyes on Hymn first. Well, as long as he comes back :joy: I did play City Living for a while with a different sim, but I didn't enjoy playing that sim. So I went back to my RWC save and try to have Hymn and Wei visit the new city as often as possible.
    Update of my own! I have played A LOT, so I have a whole bunch of pictures to post. I try to post them in not too massive batches, so you guys won't be overwhelmed :joy:

ce889d349e.jpg
    Hymn has been socializing like crazy to finish the Day of the Dead challenge in time. With multiple celebrators at a time :wink:

e06b925e5a.jpg
    Most of them give her skulls, but some escape before she can ask.

2081fe72d2.jpg
    Right now, she only has 3 (this is with 2 days left).

c4b7d38ff7.jpg
    Meanwhile, I had to hire a nanny because Wei was at work and that meant Hymn couldn't venture far. I was surprised to find a young man in stead of an old lady.

070132737c.jpg
    Hah, nanny Dodge.

b0f703ebf4.jpg
    That night, Hymn received an invitation from her older sister.

cebfc98a98.jpg
    Who is also heavily pregnant with her 3rd child. Hymn used her doctor experience to find out the gender.

6f255502c6.jpg
    Melody: 'I knew it!'

a3160501d0.jpg
    (It was twins, actually...)

031d9ff385.jpg
    Anyhow, finding out the gender apparently made Melody excited to get the child out. She went into labor.

8a6096672e.jpg
    With Hymn suddenly having the night to herself, she spent some quality time with her husband.

760895c917.jpg
    I mean, there was a nanny anyway.

c745ec328c.jpg
    When the telescope is a-rockin'...

198dfd6e74.jpg
    Too bad the romance didn't last too long, because fussy babies are still fussy.

0d2e57e5df.jpg
    Hymn and Wei were almost ready to go to bed, when Wei's father Jarvis called with a party invitation. They said yes for once.

87864ff4c1.jpg
    This guy is SO not feeling it tonight.

d95e3ed703.jpg
    First things first... drinks!

a2faa7995b.jpg
    I like how Prince is going all out in this picture.

aacaa087d9.jpg
    Hymn was happy just talking to new people.

27c8a4c3b6.jpg
    And Wei was, of course, up to no good.

fae996cca9.jpg
    Although this is a first... he never got physical before.

8e57e85171.jpg
    Hymn is maybe a little too excited to see her husband fighting a woman?

8ea918542d.jpg
    Not cool, Wei. Beating up a girl.

d8e5112b70.jpg
    Hymn: 'Woo, Wei! You kicked her 🐸🐸🐸🐸 good!'

19d1b67a0e.jpg
    His display of dominance had other effects on Hymn than Wei anticipated.

e6cf08fa10.jpg
    Not that he's complaining.

e2d4058895.jpg
    Hymn: 'Get in there, hot stuff.'
    Wei: 'Yes, ma'am.'

a19b429a5c.jpg
    He's not complaining at all.

1a8efcffd5.jpg
    Early in the morning, Hymn and Wei regretted their night out, because they were rudely awakened.

201c2f9fc6.jpg
    Babies are so much work :neutral:

045f9200bd.jpg
    At this point I bought the new EP, so that's why Hymn received this never encountered before invitation :smiley:

799968b123.jpg
    After work, she immediately went to her closet to dress into something nice.

4f36b4ca22.jpg
    Eh, no...

a0288bfcc6.jpg
    Mwah?

57ab16c406.jpg
    Perfect!

9d7587e6be.jpg
    Unfortunately, Hymn waited and waited, but Lyra never showed up. (Seriously, did one of you guys experience this too? Apparently, she should've received a call around 10 and then should've gone to a rabbithole style event, but nothing happened).

4f5c36e466.jpg
    At least Wei was impressed.

8af25fceb9.jpg
    4fe232135f.jpg
    Wei: 'Why don't you just come to bed with me?' (Wink wink, nudge nudge)

414a9570fc.jpg
    This was soooo unexpected :grimace:

080d6dce11.jpg
    The next morning, our fussy babies struck again.

c8242e49b8.jpg
    All Wei's frustration finally reached a boiling point. He insulted his wife for the first time ever.

05ebfad2a9.jpg
    She was shocked, to say the least.

ab44fe7bb3.jpg
    Hymn turned on her heel and went downstairs. She wasn't going to let any man talk to her like that. Wei could come to her when he had cooled off.

fef3ba9397.jpg
    Which was fast. He's a big softie at heart and can't stand his wife being upset with him.

7824017dc7.jpg
    Wei apologized for his behavior.

909e63f46b.jpg
    And Hymn forgave him quickly, because she can't stay mad at that face.

c6bd89aa69.jpg
    c083a7c09a.jpg
    Hymn: 'You big dope.'

309252f9e6.jpg
    Oh, and I totally ended up cheating for the sugar skull collection. With only a day left, I felt like I needed to :yum:

d84a5aa38c.jpg
    Look, she's so proud.

7f3d1b23fa.jpg
    They earned their outfits just in time for the actual Día de los Muertos.

030ff48ebb.jpg
    36203b6a81.jpg
    Hymn went to her childhood home to bring offerings to her deceased parents.

7e44d2bd8d.jpg
    Elara finally met her grandparents too, it's so sad they died before she was born.

0c43ac883d.jpg
    Lyra was happy to see her big sister when she got out of school.

3906fe4fc5.jpg
    Roseanne even showed up herself, which was a nice touch if you ask me :wink:

132c2a2fd0.jpg
    And look at this cutie! He's Jimi and Jana's second son.

Well, I'm gonna leave it at that for now, because this update is massive enough as it is LOL. I'll be back soon with the rest of my enormous amount of pictures!
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Update! I'll be back to comment later :)

11-01-16_12-41-40c2a0pm.png
    After their falling out, Owen tried texting her, calling her, and even banging on her apartment door, but she never answered. When the apartment changed hands, he figured he would never see her again.

11-04-16_1-19-25c2a0pm.png
    That is, until the day she showed up at his front door.
    "Can I crash with you for a couple days?"
    "You...you kept the baby."

11-04-16_1-20-14c2a0pm.png
    "Owen, I never wanted to, er, get rid of– I mean, I just didn’t have my priorities straight. I do now.”
    “Can I feel…”
    “Her? Yeah.”

11-04-16_1-31-31c2a0pm.png
    A couple days turned into a couple weeks...

11-04-16_1-33-45c2a0pm.png
    Not that he was complaining ;)

11-04-16_1-42-28c2a0pm.png
    It was almost like old times when the two went out for the day to the flee market.

11-04-16_1-46-01c2a0pm.png
    "Look, Owen! Lamps!! That one would be perfect for the living room--"
    Did I mention, Rose has been redecorating the apartment?

11-04-16_1-46-52c2a0pm.png
    What the pregnant woman wants, the pregnant woman gets!

11-04-16_1-56-03c2a0pm.png
    Running into Derek was a bit awkward, considering Noah had told him all about what happened.
    "Dad...this is Rose, my...uh, the mother of my child."

11-04-16_1-57-21c2a0pm.png
    Derek, always the family man, was just excited to be getting another grandchild, regardless of the circumstances.

11-04-16_2-22-22c2a0pm.png
    Rose was glad to be back in the city and back to social media--as it turned out, her unexplained absence and scandalous pregnancy made her more popular than ever!

11-04-16_2-20-22c2a0pm.png
    But she missed the wildflowers from her hometown of Windenburg where she'd spent the majority of the pregnancy. She found comfort in the butterfly garden just outside of the city.

11-04-16_2-26-40c2a0pm.png
    Finally, the big day came. Owen was at work, so Rose texted him to meet her at the hospital. By the time he got there, Rose was already giving birth!

11-04-16_2-35-03c2a0pm.png
    It's a girl!! I had absolutely no idea what to name her, so I asked for suggestions on tumblr.

11-04-16_2-53-31c2a0pm-copy.png
    I chose @OJenn 's suggestion, Harper, as she just looks like a 'Harper' to me. She got the new Vegetarian trait and the Social Butterfly aspiration. She's gonna be my little social justice warrior, lol. I'll keep exploring the city with her, and if I decide she's my heir, she'll move to Willow Creek when she's older. Or I may change my mind and have Yara be my heir after all. Who knows! Lol.

11-04-16_3-02-54c2a0pm.png
    Bonus: @Francisca464 don't worry, Rose's red hair is back! She just didn't want any harmful chemicals from the dye affect the baby ;)
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited November 2016
    Sorry in advance for the short update but here we go! Charlotte is already most of the way through adulthood and almost an elder, I am so not ready.

Family Tree

Turns out Charlotte really loved and cares about Colin, she said yes!
    6c63cf3fb3.jpg

The couple was so excited they rushed off to enjoy the Romance Festival
    2d3ecb32b5.jpg

Charlotte invited some family members, mainly her cousins and their spouses
    7e38d5294c.jpg

With the guru on site Charlotte decided to ask her to weigh on her current relationship
    c8e2601f6f.jpg

e886f734ca.jpg

After some festival fun the happy couple took their places
    12c20d789a.jpg

They opted for a night ceremony
    c87eab8bd1.jpg

3ff762b6b9.jpg

ce36bf6032.jpg
    Post edited by OJenn on
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    As usual I've been lurking so I'm gonna pop in for some super quick comments. I feel so bad I just don't have the time to update and comment like I use to. I updated my game and my save is fine, but my game does stutter a lot now. Hopefully that'll be patched soon because it makes it obnoxious to play, and therefore practically unplayable. I've finished 3 Oasis Springs community lots, and I'm almost done with a 4th, so SOON.

@OJenn - omg Jenn I think this is my favorite update you've ever posted in this challenge. I just can't tell you how perfect all of these pictures are. Really well done, and I'm so happy for Charlotte and Colin!

@JordanNicoleJJ - Girl I'm loving all the drama between Rose and Owen. I totally love how unsure Rose is about committing to Owen. As is having little Harper doesn't already seal the deal lol! The butterfly garden is gorgeous! Oh and I'm waiting to see how Harper looks as a teen before deciding if I like her or her cousin more. lol @ the social justice warrior thing too.

@Francisca464 - Yay for long updates! I love how close Hymn is with her sisters, it's always nice to see them pop up in your updates. LMAO @ Hymn's face while Wei beats up that poor girl. I guess his alien parents never taught him you never hit a girl. Or maybe she deserved it, who knows lol. That's plum about the concert event. I've seen a lot of people are disappointed with that. At least Wei didn't let Hymn's hot all white outfit go unnoticed. Congrats on completing the day of the dead challenge! I was 1 skull away :'( I loved seeing the family all dressed up, and how cool that you can interact with the graves, definitely didn't know that. Oh and Jimi and Jana's little boy is adorable! Now show me the twins all aged up! :D

@Meeshelby - I love the pic of the kids on the monkey bars. Christopher is super handsome! I think I like him the most right now. Jools eyes are very distinct. I love seeing them pop up on the kids. From what I can see of Maggie she's aged up to a cute teen too.

@debjameswhite - I'm so sad. I want you to get your family back so bad. Is there a way you can revert back to an old save?

@amadazulsim - Have you started getting ready for Oasis Springs?
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Real quick comments before I go in-game, hopefully I'll have an update tonight!

@Francisca464 The apartments (well, the world in general) are my favorite parts of CL. I totally understand--I tried playing with a new family and got bored, so I just sent Owen to San Myshuno lol. The guy behind the souvenir cart thing is Jason Martin, a gene pool mate and Janette's sister or uncle or something (she was a MC baby lol). He does look a lot like Noah, now that you point it out! I didn't change the lighting settings (Idk how? lol) for the festival, but I edit everything in photoshop, and I lower the brightness and/or deepen the shadows in some pics. Some pics just ended up too bright in general so I left them out. I really hope the romance festival isn't too bright in my game, I have plans for Owen and Rose there... Hymn is possibly my favorite Sim of yours yet. She makes the cutest faces (I STILL need to redownload that hair!!). LOL @ her being proud of Wei beating up that random chick but also not taking any plum when he tried to insult her.

@OJenn Gorgeous pics!! Seriously, the last few were PERFECT. They kind of reminded me of the New Years Ball Drop in NY--gah I just love San Myshuno at night. Congrats to Charlotte and Colin. Holy plum, she's almost an elder?!?! Hurry up with those babies, Charlotte! :hushed:

@Heckstress17 Eeeee can't wait for your Oasis Springs posts!! That's a good idea--building the community lots first. Thankfully I only have like two more community lots to build for WC, because I'm starting to get lazy with my building. I'm just out of unique ideas *that also look good with the rest of the world/fit the theme* ugh. I got so bored with Vi and Noah's perfect relationship that I knew I was gonna make Owen's a disaster, lol. I kinda want one or two more kids from them, so I might let things calm down for awhile then amp up the drama when the kids are teens >:)

To everyone who has lost their saves/their game is unplayable, I'm so sorry :( I'd hate to loose my RWC save this far in, and some of you were way further along than me!
    @Heckstress17 - Aww thanks! I really love taking pics in San Mayshuno at night, the festivals are a nice treat too. I am so anxious to play Oasis Springs I almsot want to make Charlotte and Colin only have one kid so I don't have to choose lol

@JordanNicoleJJ - Right!? I will post an update sometime this week Team Baby is underway. Now comes the choice of how many to have. I guess we just roll the dice and see!
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    @Francisca464 - Lol at Hymn's face when she was getting ready to go into the telescope. She looked so excited. I am glad that Wei and Hymn decided to go out and enjoy a night on the town. I see Wei finally said something bad to Hymn. He is good about apologizing though.

@JordanNicoleJJ - Owen and Rose are so cute together. I am glad they worked things out. Harper is so cute. I like the name too!

@OJenn - Charlotte and Colin look nice. I love the pictures of them enjoying the festival.
    I can't wait until I have time to play the new EP.

I am sorry that I haven't been around a very close relative passed and I have been busy getting everything in order. It is a lot. I have had zero time to play my game. I did play for a minute before the death and I will post those pictures.

So this is my family for Oasis Springs.

Joy and Douglas

30167064373_2c5545647a_h.jpg

30170788004_f1263dc77d_h.jpg

30170788294_fba9cbd094_h.jpg

30170788694_fc5cdafdae_h.jpg

Here is there humble abode.
    30685358332_1746d9b11e_h.jpg

30685359032_0759a1457f_h.jpg

30501466810_5a8861f33f_h.jpg

]
    @JordanNicoleJJ Yaaay, I knew Rose would come back to Owen :smiley: She looks pretty with the brown hair, although she's not really Rose to me without the fiery hairdo haha. I'm happy she went back to her color after the pregnancy :yum: The flee market looks so cute! I haven't seen it in my game yet. I laughed so hard at Dereks expression when he bumped into Rose and Owen. He looks sceptic. Derek is such a cute old guy. Harper is a nice name! And she looks pretty, she has Owens eyes I think?

Ohhh Jason, I know him. He married Olive in my 5th generation. Haha, well, you can usually tweak the lighting, so I thought you did that here too, make it softer or something. But I found out you can't do anything with the festival lights. Once it got dark outside, the romance festival went from romantic to super bright for me. I have pictures so maybe you'll see it when I post them. Hymn is my fav so far too :heart: Well, and Lexie and Liam. 3 favs LOL. But Hymn is definitely the prettiest sim so far.

@OJenn Yayyy, I'm happy Charlotte said yes even though I believed she wouldn't. I guess it was happy shock on her face :wink: The romance festival looks amazing in your game. And so did Colin and Char, now babiessss! :mrgreen:

@Heckstress17 Haha, I don't even have to orchestrate meetings for this family, they keep coming over and inviting each other to stuff. Wei is just a big meanie to anyone that's not his family :yum: I always figured Hymn was a sweet girl, but she isn't at all bothered by Wei's evil side. Haha the twins will age up in my next update!

@amadazulsim Haha, did Wei insult his wife in your game too? It was a first time, so I guess the stress just got to him or something.

Ohhh your Oasis Springs female founder is such a babe! I adore her face. I like that her husband is a redhead. They will sure make cute little babies. The house looks great, I'm so excited to see the first Oasis Springs chapter starting!
    Update from me, woosh! I've played a lot recently, like I said before. So many pics to post. I also have to add, that I switched from long lifespan to normal. It took way too long for the kids to age up, I'm clearly not a long lifespan player :wink: Anyway, time should go faster now, just a heads up.

8fc3e2ca04.jpg
    We'll start this one with the ever so in love couple.

8fd9346381.jpg
    And it's good that they're so happy together, because tension is rising in the household. Elara is starting to show teenage behavior (talking back, being saucy etc.) Also, the baby's cry a lot during the night, so Hymn and Wei don't get much sleep.

03fec20b83.jpg
    Hymn: 'Do you háve to be so hard on your father?'

b9b7dc1dc7.jpg
    To make matters worse, Hymn has been feeling sick...

e82930f3ce.jpg
    and as we found out soon, it wasn't the flu or any other illness.

5ecfde280f.jpg
    Oh god, not even more babies :bawling:

331a9cc158.jpg
    Hymn decided to keep it to her self for now, because Wei was finally relaxing in front of the TV. Besides...

77fab62845.jpg
    f6e4f54f28.jpg
    The twins finally aged up! So hopefully, with the house a little more quiet, she could tell Wei the 'happy' news soon. Orion gained the creative trait and social butterfly aspiration, while Caelum is more of a Whiz Kid. He's also insane, oh joy :tongue:

93f0cc19e6.jpg
    Here we have Orion, working on his aspiration from the moment he's out of his crib.

5974b0143e.jpg
    This isn't very social, sweetheart. He takes after his father. Poor mailman.

8e8f1a7fda.jpg
    Hymn finally has a chess buddy, Caelum loves playing with his mother.

345ab41376.jpg
    Since Wei and Hymn really wanted to explore San Myshuno, the city that mysteriously popped up at their horizon, they called Lyra to babysit.

d0f09cfe3d.jpg
    It was almost dark when they arrived, so first order of business was to score some food.

f43bbde4e0.jpg
    Aww. Love is... sticking a spoon in your partners lip.

decd7f6c66.jpg
    Hymn also decided this was the right moment to tell Wei about her pregnancy.

f78f2012fb.jpg
    He took it surprisingly well.

4c4aef113b.jpg
    After dinner, we lost Wei to the basketball hoop.

bbb9a930f0.jpg
    Hymn collected him soon though, she wanted to sing some karaoke.

https://youtu.be/Zs_HhDDOpxQ
    I bring you this hilarious video of their first karaoke experience.

161fc3f8b7.jpg
    The next morning, all three kids were eagerly awaiting breakfast, brought by their father.

1d4ac03b61.jpg
    Unfortunately, the family meal was awkward again. Boy, these kids are sassy :yum:

7d76178a98.jpg
    ef8c22fdbd.jpg
    Oh, in other news, Hymn is still rocking her career. She finally got promoted to specialist and received her doctors coat.

9bd785876c.jpg
    AND, it was time for Elara's birthday. I feel like she has been a child for so long...

869c22ef27.jpg
    Hymn walked upstairs to celebrate for some reason, so that's why she's not in the pictures.

4b068390fb.jpg
    bd2668d6e1.jpg
    The firstborn of the family gained the perfectionist trait and wants to be a collector.

2776cfc58e.jpg
    And here is our girl! Her head is a bit small, but I think she looks quite good.

cda115ce4f.jpg
    Wei seems sad that his oldest daughter is a teen already? Nah, he's just filthy, LOL.

2118638596.jpg
    Well, I seem to have not taken many pictures during this pregnancy, I didn't remember it was this little. Anyway, Hymn is already very big and Elara's super excited for another little sibling.

e2cf3f2825.jpg
    She wants to feel it move every chance she gets.

dda75381e8.jpg
    Caelum is less excited, because there are not enough toilets in the house as it is.

51eeb195c9.jpg
    Hymn is captivated by this French man on tv.

81481be61b.jpg
    Here I just wanted to show off Elara's everyday outfit.

60a397fa7c.jpg
    Also, finally a happy family meal :wink: Must be because everyone is actually eating.

dad8de1703.jpg
    666f299220.jpg
    Oh and I totally forgot about Hymn and Wei's adult birthdays so they aged up in their sleep. Doh.

That's it for now, although I do have some family gossip.

f99fb622f8.jpg
    Jana birthed twins Emma and Cynthia.

2591f7e955.jpg
    But Jimi is cheating :disappointed: Nooooo!

432908b0a5.jpg
    Lyra recently became a Young Adult. She married one of my Gallery sims who I recently put in my own game. He's called Brad, but is also known as ridiculously hot janitor guy. They will have gorgeous children.

dfbd1eb552.jpg
    Ah and Prince is going to be a father again. I believe for the 3rd time :smile:

5a27c16ae1.jpg
    And in conclusion, Wei received this invitation from his nemesis.

71db6bc690.jpg
    It's the girl he fought at the Bluffs party. She's clearly delusional.
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    I'm starting to consider moving on to Oasis Springs
    I'm starting to consider moving on to Oasis Springs

I'd say go for it @debjameswhite you made it so close to the end
  • Gaming_CultureGaming_Culture Posts: 13 New Member
    Hey guys :D I made a little video to help some people out called '10 Things You Didn't Know In Sims 4' If you see it, hope it helps!! :)
    Happy Gaming!!
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSjEDl_UBJ8
    @Meeshelby I love when the men realize labor is happening when their mates are sleeping. Poor panicking men! Johnathan is a cutey can't wait to see them as teens!

Oooo and then I do! Haha poor Christopher aging up in a half shirt. Maggie is cute in the haircut.

@Francisca464 That's one thing I'm disappointed about. I never got to finish the day of the dead challenge while I was waiting for my game to fix. Oh well maybe next year!

Wow a handsome young man nanny! I had a cute young woman and a heavy younger man, and of course an older woman but never a young man. Hehe I loved Hymn with her sister. That was great. I also really enjoy your fussy babies!! Wei got a little out of control there! Be nice Wei!! I love the jeans their both wearing. I have not found a pair of jeans I like for women yet.

I'm glad Wei and Hymn made up. It's hard to handle those insane boys.

@JordanNicoleJJ Oh Rose's brown hair surprised me! I was so glad to see her show up again though. Owen is so cute...who cares how that food tastes as long as he cooked it!! I love the name Harper :) I had a Harper who was supposed to be my heir but at the last minute I went with her older insane brother Saul.

@OJenn I'm happy Charlotte said yes! So pretty where they got married. Love the pictures as always.

@Heckstress17 I had one older save that was bugged too. Lesson learned here, I had no idea my cc could actually damage the game. I thought it just wouldn't work then I could turn it off. I'll be more careful in the future.

@everyone Since I was so close to the end, and I had been playing on long lifespan to draw it out a little longer I don't really feel I missed anything there. I just was looking forward to watching the family from a far when I started with Oasis Springs. Now starting a new save I can't decide if I should fill the game with my own townies or let the ones that come with the original save live there. I haven't seen a Goth in a long time!! How long has sims 4 been out? This is my original save that I've been playing in! I'm thinking about letting them all stay and just "fixing" them up a bit. For now I have to rebuild my bar cause I can't get into it and I hadn't saved it. I might build a few other venues to start and that will give EA a little more time to save my save but once my new town is ready, I'll start and if I still can't play Logan I'll move on!

4 Oasis Springs lots down! Now I'm running low on creativity lol I'm building 100% cc free and uploading all of the lots to the gallery this time around. I tend to try harder on the lots I know I'll be uploading and that motivates me to make them nicer lol

@JordanNicoleJJ - I can't wait to start posting my Oasis Springs builds. I'm looking back at the houses and other lots I built at the beginning of the Willow Creek rebuild and cringing. I'm like how the heck did I think these looked good enough to upload lol! I'm really enjoying the change of scenery for Owen and Rose. I'm hoping little Harper will have a sibling in the near future.

@amadazulsim - I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. My heart truly goes out to you, losing someone is devastating, but the preparations that follow are just as awful. Your founding couple is lovely and it's so nice to finally see Oasis Springs!

@Francisca464 - The twins are cuties, as of right now I only see Wei in them. Hymn and Wei's trip to the city was nice. It was nice seeing Hymn announce her 3rd pregnancy while they ate their street cart food. I didn't expect them to have any more kids. Risky woo hoo babies? Also Congrats on getting her so far in the doctor career. I'd really like to see her reach the top but it's super hard to do. Elara's a cutie, she's definitely got a strong alien look about her. Oh and I love her new outfit!

@debjameswhite - I know that cc ruining people's game's was a huge problem for the sims 3, I haven't heard anything about sims 4 cc doing too much permanent damage. It doesn't surprise me though. It's a shame that you'll be starting over after getting so far with the Willow Creek rebuild, but a fresh start should be nice. I'd say freshen up the townies in your save as it is. I think I remember @OJenn saying we were suppose to delete all premade sims for this challenge anyway.
    @Heckstress17 I went and looked in your gallery to see what you had for community lots...I was thinking it would be fun if I had a different lot from people who played...but I found your founders! So cute! I love them...Can't wait to see them!!
    @everyone Since I am redoing my cc folder and my town and my sims :) can people tell me how skins work? Any favorites? I love the sims that look more realistic and I think I want that for my next go.

I'm also thinking about starting a tumblr :)
    @debjameswhite - Thank you! I'm super excited to play with my new founders. Though I love my original founders I rushed making them because I was really excited to start the challenge, this time I took my time. When it comes to skins I use lumialovers Ooh Smooth 2 default replacement, it's super Maxis Match so I think you'll love it. I use another overlay skin but it's not very Maxis Match so I'm trying to use it less. I'd love for you get a tumblr. I'm on there a lot more since I can easily check it from my phone.
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    @Francisca464 - Poor Hymn and Wei are just overwhelmed. Hymn makes some funny faces when she is annoyed. lol
    Elara aged up nicely. Her outfit is really nice. Oh wow Jayleen has a lot of nerve hitting on Wei.

@Heckstress17 - Thank you. It has been a long week. On top of that I now have a cold. I am taking today to rest and play today.
    I am hoping my family makes some cute babies this go round too. Oh an a while back you asked what skin I use it is by Xmiramira on tumblr.
    ]
    @everyone Since I am redoing my cc folder and my town and my sims :) can people tell me how skins work? Any favorites? I love the sims that look more realistic and I think I want that for my next go.

I'm also thinking about starting a tumblr :)

You should totally get Tumblr! I am on there alot more myself. It's easy to post a few pics if you play for a little bit and I almost always queue up posts to show while I am busy with work and school. I also use the same one @Heckstress17 linked and a few different overlays that I could share if you like. If you want a skin you can just add to your mods folder and not have to worry about use the Ohh Smooth V2 since it gets applied to all your sims in game.

@Amadazulsim - I hope you feel better, I am not feeling well either. Had a sore throat most of the week that won't go away.
    @debjameswhite - I just realized you said you were looking for more realistic skins. My bad lol I'll link you to my fav non maxis match skin when I have time to find it tomorrow. It's not a default replacement so you have to place it on each sim which is a pain, but it's a great skin.
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    @Francisca464 I need to go through all my cc too...I'm dreading it lol. I have a few things that don't work in game, so I need to figure out what is what and just start over I guess. I've probably said it but I love Hymn's hair! Its so vibrantly red. And I love Elara with the red hair as a teen!

@JordanNicoleJJ I love the new EP in your game!! Can't wait till I have the money to buy it!

@OJenn Congrats to Charlotte & Colin!!!

@Heckstress17 Can't wait to see your beginnings in Oasis Springs!!!

@amadazulsim Your starter couple for OS is adorable!!!

@debjameswhite I have decided (and who knows this may change) that I'm going to continue my game as is when I move to Oasis Springs. I may need to get rid of a few sims at that point as I already have over 300 in my game...eeee!
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    The Alley’s Ch. 35

Download my “spare” sims & past heirs HERE.

The Alley Family Tree *MAJOR SPOILER ALERT*
    Short Version
    Extended Version

30823862385_33cb808f22_o.png
    It had become tradition for the Platinum kids to do their homework together in the backyard.

30192020184_cd5e973293_o.png
    Johnathan was obsessed with learning as much as he could about everything.

30823862185_087dcfabc7_o.png
    30823862045_6a13029977_o.png
    Maggie was really picking up some creative skills. At school she was taking a cooking class and a music class as well.

30823861885_c2be51816c_o.png
    Maggie also found out there was a local neighborhood challenge for the Day of the Dead. She could ask participants for sugar skulls to add to her collection.

30787283066_70edbbcfb8_o.png
    30707014722_12776836e2_o.png
    30707014252_7d34ca97e0_o.png
    30707013952_a610922f16_o.png
    30735839691_1e07793097_o.png
    30735839481_53c97e3c92_o.png
    30787283486_617034a591_o.png
    There were so many bright and colorful costumes around town! Maggie wanted one for herself!

30192019944_8a4321a243_o.png
    One evening…I noticed Elisabeth getting into bed with a rather large tummy…. WHAT?! When did this happen?!

30823859535_f14530e0f0_o.png
    She’s definitely pregnant! The hormones are hitting hard on this one.
    @Everyone UPDATE kind of?

Well as I said, I gave up on them fixing my Willow Creek save and I'm moving on to Oasis Springs. I think the thing that hurt the most was having to rebuild the bar I had made for my game. At least I had pictures to go by! So funny. as soon as I was done I wanted to upload it, just in case I could get back! I went to see my uploads and I had uploaded Logan's family! He doesn't have any pants on because I had removed all the CC...I thought they were just saved in my library but they've been downloaded 3 times!
    shuY8.JPG

So this is what my little town looks like so far. I redid the park, I stole @Heckstress17 's restaurant and I remade my bar. Ouch. It's on the gallery if anyone wants it but I did upload it with CC so you'll have to check that off if you want it.
    shuZa.JPG

The bar
    shv0H.JPG

The park
    shuZU.png

I haven't actually gone into the restaurant yet.

And here is my little founder. I have a bit of a story I've been working on so he's starting off as a child.
    shv1l.JPG

And this is the pretty girl he'll eventually end up with. I took them both from the gallery and tweaked them this time.
    shvgN.JPG

• BrandiBrandi Posts: 129 Member
    I don't know if you guys remember but I started this challenged a while back and was posting in this forum. I've finally been in the mood to play the sims again so I decided to start the challenge over with one of heirs from my first challenge. I'm currently playing with my generation 2 and she has been seeing Vincent and Pablo since she was a teen because there still hasn't been a wish to start dating one of them. I have risky woohoo to add a little drama to my game and she got pregnant by one of them and ended up having twins. I don't have wifi at home but I will post pics asap. I just wanted to post because I couldn't believe it and I'm going to continue to have her date until she decides, or she might just end up a single mother since she technically has the requirements to carry on the next generation.