Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    @jordannichole101 very cute :) how many sims do we have pregnant now? @OJenn did Sayuri end up falling pregnant? If so that means 3 babies on the way for this thread lol
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    Your house looks great! Those bumps do come up fast!! The back yard is huge, love the patio....maybe more plants? Other than that i think its perfect
    Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
    Well, the Tano'na family are in their house and gettin busy already! Were pregnant!!!!!
    This is a house I build a while back and uploaded on TSR. It is one of my favorite builds ever and it is just right for a little family.

[img][/img]1oojuv.jpg

[img][/img]28tuj4z.jpg

[img][/img]33djksn.jpg

Yay @Selarono can't wait to see everyone's babies :)

I knew it wasn't long before Aponi was due to burst. Jay got one belly rub in when Aponi got home from work and they set off to bed.

Time to put her feet up and embrace some family leave.
    mv5j11.png
    I'm really set on building their skills and progressing their careers because normally my focus is all on extending the family. Aponi loves the outdoors so she was quite happy to sit outside and read her logic book. She also had a pinned "catch fish" whim show up so she head off to do a bit of fishing.
    zogld3.png
    2nibqcy.png
    Unfortunately she did not catch anything :( and she was busting to go to the loo so she head back home to do that and make some dinner... or so she thought.. the moment she sat on the toilet BAM! She goes into labor. She ate a hotdog before heading upstairs to deliver the couples first born.
    efoq46.png

Little Romeo Jones :) His father got home just in time to welcome him into the world.

35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

• CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    @Selarono Just keep commenting! You'll get there! :) Which starter couple did you choose?
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited September 2015
    Tellex wrote: »
    @OJenn are there any rules against affairs or half-siblings? Say my second gen sim rolls a 'commitment issues' trait, can he have an affair with another sim from the genepool you listed in the original post? Or are divorces and babies outside of wedlock a big no-no for this challenge? :p

Those sims with commitment issue sims can be tricky can't they? Affairs are fine for them to have but those affairs have to be restricted to game generated townies. And divorce is allowed as well!

Speaking of traits, don't forget to randomize traits!
    Thanks @OJenn :) normally I don't have my sims cheat but encase I got stuck with a sim with commitment issues I know what to do ahha :)

Romeo grew up into a child and the randomized trait I got was self-assured and aspiration is social butterfly. I'm pretty happy with that, Romeo looks like the type of kid who would be self-assured. Romeo has darker/tanned skin like his mothers (a shade lighter than hers), his mothers eye colour but fathers eye shape. He has bit more of an eye lid though? I mean compared to both his parents. He has his mothers lips and his fathers jawbone shape. Only time will tell though!
    2ir8cn9.png

Jay is up to level 3 in the athletic career and Aponi has taken up gardening :) both sims paint as a hobby for a little bit of extra money. Their first bills came in.. $4,806! Crazy!
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

@Tellex - Yeah the bills are steep with a large home!
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ - Nice houses. I have a lot of building to do around the neighborhood that I'm dreading lol I'll have to try buying a dishwasher for Sage so I can get the ball rolling with baby making. Can't wait to see the baby!

@Selarono - Glad you got member! That house is soooooo cute! and yay another baby! I'm jealous lol

@Tellex - Welcome baby Romeo! The first baby of the challenge :smile: It's so hard to tell what kids are gonna look like when they age up. He's a cutie though!

@CharmingMaruska - Join us! There's really no doing this wrong. You just play at your own pace, and basically as you please. It's a lot of fun!

My first bills just came in at $12,000 lol I'm kind of screwed. The Kalai's are about halfway through young adulthood, and despite Sage being family oriented, no wants to have a baby yet :( I'm all about having kids and seeing how their genetics turn out so I'm dying for them to start their family. 3 kids is usually my max. I don't like having too many kids to pick from for heir, and with anymore it gets crazy. I haven't decided how many kids they're gonna have yet though. Oh, and I play on normal lifespan. I wish we could adjust each lifespan like in TS3. I'd cut Teen down to nothing lol
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    Sad days in the Bradley household :disappointed: Going to keep trying though, the nursery is already set up. I will be back later with updates house pics.

963b3024ba.jpg
    Guess who preggers!? After six failed attempts Sayura finally got pregnant, I was started to get worried.

4c714a83c1.jpg
  • Sims3fan1986Sims3fan1986 Posts: 443 Member
    I am confused about this challenge do you build house in every gen of this challenge
    Bradley House Tour can be found here!

@Sims3fan1986 - Basically every generation you build a new house (basically residential lots). While community lots you can build whenever you feel like! By the end of the challenge you should have a minimum of 10 homes built by you. Or at least designed by you in some way.

It it perfectly okay to use homes from the gallery but you have to spruce it up for each family that moves in. By Generation 10 you won't be in the home you started out in. Does that make sense? I hope it did :smile:

ok thanks
    We can Stat them as a married couple right
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @OJenn Six attempts?? Holy plum! Thankfully, Charley got pregnant on the first attempt -- I don't know if I would've had the persistence for six plumming tries... xD

*image heavy, sorry not sorry*

The Ho'opi'i's are such a fun household to play. They're so chill and happy all the time! They're definitely living up to the beach bum/hippie personalities I gave them. Charley's at level 3 in her career and milestone 2 of her aspiration, while Haku is at level 4 and milestone 3. (In Charley's defense, Haku wasn't pregnant for the first three days of their lives.)

09-04-15_10-44c2a0am.png
    When the morning sickness so bad you have to fly to the toilet.

here-for-teh-baby.png
    Winona stopped by with this thought bubble! Maybe she isn't mad against me after all... :sweat_smile:

09-04-15_10-23c2a0am-2.png
    Nevermind, she's still bitter.

09-04-15_11-42c2a0am.png
    Here I thought Haku would be a calm, collected daddy, as he's so chill about everything else...false.

09-04-15_11-43c2a0am-2.png
    Meet the first gen 2 baby, Janae Ho'opi'i. (Name randomly generated -- I think it fits a half-white-half-islander pretty well.) Annnd...time to age up the baby. (No patience for babies.)

shelookslikeme.png
    "She looks like me!" Yes, yes she does. Looks-wise, she's the spitting image of him. Personality-wise, she's a Geek Social Butterfly.

09-04-15_12-04c2a0pm.png
    She's a total daddy's girl -- he became her BFF for Social Butterfly.

09-04-15_11-59c2a0am.png
    Leland dropped by...and Janea does not approve. She actually really hates him (she's just playing nice for her dad in this pic). I'm starting to regret making him Insane and a mischievous criminal...he's a bit socially impaired. xD He does fine for a few interactions...then he starts farting, and it just goes downhill from there...

09-04-15_1-22c2a0pm.png
    When Daddy goes to work, Janae and Charley get to spend some mother-daughter time together.

09-04-15_1-53c2a0pm.png
    Janae also likes to stay up waaay past her bedtime to go explore Willow Creek and collect things! Seriously, one night it was 4AM before she got to bed -- on a school night. *sigh*

09-04-15_1-50c2a0pm.png

09-04-15_1-50c2a0pm-2.png

09-04-15_1-52c2a0pm.png

On the bright side, I'm getting to see a lot of Willow Creek that I've never seen before!

09-04-15_1-47c2a0pm.png
    Anywho, back to the fam. I decorated one of the upstairs rooms; it's supposed to look kinda tomboyish and really geeky.

09-04-15_1-27c2a0pm.png
    Janae got an A in school and completed her aspiration in three days. I'll probably switch to a different household for awhile, so she can enjoy her childhood for awhile before I age her up.

janae-child.png
    ( @Tellex I totally stole ideas from your Romeo pic -- I love the way you photoshopped it. x) )

Overview of her genetics: I think she has Haku's eyes, mouth, and jaw shape and Charley's nose. There might be slight variations to make them more feminine (I've noticed TS4 does that). She has pretty distinct cheekbones -- I'm hoping she got her mom's dimples, but she might just have her dad's strong, angled cheeks. Her eye color is definitely dad's, hair color is definitely mom's, and skin tone is half-way in between the two.
    edited September 2015
    @JordanNicoleJJ - Janae is super cute. I love that you and Tellex photoshopped the CAS pic to show the parents genes. Seems like she's gonna look a lot like her Dad. Loving the tomboy-ish bedroom.
    @OJenn - Aw! I've never seen that fail to conceive moodlet. That's so sad. Super glad they're finally expecting!

Pic Spam time!
    Kono and Sage can't keep their hands of each other. They're such a compatible couple, I love it.
    09-04-15_10-39nbspAM%202_zpsx517yi1y.jpg

Sage finally rolled the want to try for a baby!
    09-04-15_10-24nbspAM-2%202_zpschegxglp.jpg

Baby #1 is on the way!
    09-04-15_10-47nbspAM%202_zpsuci15z0d.jpg

Sage took Kono to the park I created to break the news. I'm not too thrilled with how it turned out. I don't think building community lots is really my thing. :/
    09-04-15_11-02nbspAM-2%202_zpsbfwftcja.jpg

She had a fairly easy pregnancy, but did have the usual aches and pains.
    09-04-15_1-32nbspPM%202_zpsdfkfdlyq.jpg

Kono was very excited to be a Dad and always wanted to feel her belly.
    09-04-15_1-32nbspPM-2%202_zpsjvsx1zso.jpg

And even with her growing belly they never lost that spark.
    09-04-15_1-40nbspPM%202_zpslellsobo.jpg

I mean just look at that smolder lol
    09-04-15_1-37nbspPM-2%202_zpsyllmqb1j.jpg

The baby is here! But I don't wanna post too many pics at once. I'll possibly post an update later. Happy Simming!
    Totally spaced the random traits for my starter couple o.O Gonna go do that now!!!! Everyones families look so awesome. Making dinner then getting in game, pics soon...maybe a baby!?!?!
    @Heckstress17 - You don't have to build the community lots if it's too rough. Just build all the houses or decorate house shells.
    Oh, whoops, I didn't generate random traits for my starter couples. xD I generally give my starters personalities that 'make sense', then let the generator confuse the plum out of me with its combination... (I rolled the gen 2 kids' traits already and Young Simoleon's kids are gonna by holy terrors. ugh)
    edited September 2015
    You can start couples with whatever traits you like, I personally rolled for mine. The rule is that each generation the traits are rolled for using the random generator found here or this one to generate all their traits at once. I will have pic spam soon before bed in about 4 hours.

Does anyone else keep getting a weird glitch where the sims eyes change color? Like they are a different color on a different day?
    Awww wibbs, back with pic spam!
    Well Sayuri had a girl and I randomized her name, she is Savannah Bradley which is kind of cute considering that Willow Creek is modeled after New Orleans.

8f50390290.jpg

a4033748d6.jpg

Savannah definitely got an in between of their skin tones though, with her daddy's eyes and her moms lips and nose.

9662ec02df.jpg

Derrick is seriously Mister GQ, made me do a double take when he came home in his "uniform"

0d70cdddca.jpg

I will be working on moving Savannah across the hall from the nursery and get them working on another baby.

@OJenn - Savannah looks like her Mom, very cute! Did she roll a good trait? And no, I haven't had that eye color problem. I'll be looking for it now though.
    @OJenn - Savannah looks like her Mom, very cute! Did she roll a good trait? And no, I haven't had that eye color problem. I'll be looking for it now though.

Nope! She got mean, I'm screwed lol
    Awww, Savannah's adorable (that hair is perfect for her<3)! And I love the name -- I've never rolled that before. I haven't had the eye glitch, but I've had the hair glitch -- the first kid I ever adopted was Asian with black hair, but every time he woke up it became cherry red. xD It was kinda fitting, because he was a hothead -- at first I was like "Is the game playing with me? Is he getting red hair every time he's angry?" but then I noticed the sleeping pattern. I'm pretty sure his hair was cc, so it was probably that; I always have problems with kid cc hair for whatever reason.