Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @Francisca464 I just read your entire update with a silly grin on my face. How cute and sweet. I love this kind of a story. I loved the pics of Hymn in her garden. That is by far my favorite thing for sims to do. I'm really excited about all the harvesting Logan did on the alien planet. I am dying to see what your twins look like. I love their names. I love stars :)

@OJenn I know :( I'm kinda horrified. I hate it even more than I did Logan's little indiscretion. They have not done anything yet other than flirting but like I said I think they agreed to sex and then something interfered. Not me though! I decided if this happens I'll let it go even though I'll be really sad!!
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @debjameswhite - It's like they have their own little lives and we are just watching sometimes. I am nervous to see where things go.
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    I have a big update I wanna get posted, then I'll be back to post my comments after. :)

So last time I posted I showed pics of the twins as teens, and said that Genji (the blonde) would be my heir. So here's an in game shot of the two.
    In0TBf7.png

I've been doing the Day of the dead challenge, so everyone in the household is trying to collect skulls. Genji met a girl his age named Nabila (potential mate) while on the hunt.
    9d6uOUj.png

Despite being a loner he decided to try and make friends with her, so he invited her over to watch a movie.
    AHCWsoS.png

Things were going well until she started crying in the middle of it. He would've understood if it was a sad movie, but it was a kids movie??
    F2nzMTk.png

He shushed her so he could watch the ending, but both of them were pretty turned off at this point lol
    mBWmxQR.png

Speaking of movies, Genji's parents, Shane and Lily, have also been been getting into films lately.
    IHd6Nr2.png

I love the range of emotion a sim goes through while watching.
    dEopltv.png

While out fishing Genji met another guy his age, and potential mate #2, Daniel. (I haven't had a gay couple yet only because I don't like the male pregnancy, or females impregnating other females thing, it's just weird to me lol If Genji chooses Daniel I think I'll just pretend like they're adopting their kids, and not show pics of the pregnancy. Since we need to see how their genetics mix they'll biologically belong to the both of them.)
    lQ9G6er.png

After a while of getting to know each other Genji surprised me by complimenting Daniel's appearance. Daniel was quite pleased too. Their shared love of the outdoors really helped them build a relationship quickly.
    VwrdkWh.png

I decided Hanzo could also use a little love in his life, so I made this cutie for him. Her name's Roxi and I'm hoping sparks fly.
    ExVWqvL.png

Hanzo's got a social aspiration so he formed a club, the tubular teens (don't ask me to name things lol!). Genji, Nabila, Daniel, some kid they met at school named Levi, and the redhead, Roxi, are all in it.
    gxcqL77.png

Genji payed no mind to Nabila, but was immediately aware that Daniel was feeling down and wasted no time trying to cheer him up.
    vYTEmWc.png

The teens ended up at the arcade and Hanzo spent most of his time with Roxi.
    FnZWPW1.png

Genji liked spending time with Daniel, but he's still a loner and by the end of the night couldn't wait to go home and be alone.
    E9fdaT8.png

Now that the boys are teens I've just been letting Lily and Shane live out the rest of their adulthood doing whatever they want. What they want to do is each other lol! :D
    wVIAQiZ.png

They're so cute. I wish I wasn't so afraid of multiples. I would've loved to have seen what a little girl of theirs would've looked like. Risky woohoo is on so there's always that chance, especially since they can't keep their hands to themselves.
    dtsVWLl.png

Genji was really nervous to ask Daniel on a date. So he didn't, but he did ask if he'd like to get breakfast with him. We all know that it's a date lol
    s15bL3i.png

As soon as Genji stopped overthinking it the mood lightend and he remembered why he liked Daniel so much in the first place.
    hWamTwI.png

Daniel's such a hunk, I'm really rooting for them.
    Omg5ShY.png

After their meal Genji was feeling more confident and made a move. Daniel didn't push him away, so he figured he must've been feeling the same way.
    DqAuirR.png

And by the end of their non date they had gotten pretty comfortable with one another. ;) Nabila's got a lot of catching up to do.
    9JIjWuc.png

That's it for now, happy simming!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    Comments!

@Francisca464 - Your Willow Creek looks as finished as mine does, and I'm nearly done lol I love seeing how the house is decorated, Wei and Hymn's bedroom is so nice. I felt so bad for Hymn when I read that she wasn't pregnant and she was all sad. Good for Wei comforting her, he's really come a long way since the beginning. I loved the shot of the family watching the movie in the theater room. I totally wanna make one now. I really wish we had seasons. Seeing the autumn mod in yours and @JordanNicoleJJ 's game, and seeing the cute fall clothes on your sims is killing me! Anyway, welcome to the twin boys. I'm excited to see them age up. It's like will they be aliens or not? With their cute names I hope so. Oh and I'm totally rooting for Lyra and Felix, I hope he's not the reason she was sad.

@JordanNicoleJJ - That's awesome about your test, and even more awesome about free time lol! Let me know if you find a good house for gen 5. I'm not feeling like building my final gen 10 house so I might just steal whatever you find.

@debjameswhite - lol @ the kids not caring about their Dads new work attire, but his wife being totally into it. Did he travel to Sixam? I've never played that career so I have no idea. I can't believe Kenzie's moving in on Jayden! I mean he's practically identical to her husband lol what's he got that Logan doesn't?
  • Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    @OJenn Haha, are you fortune-teller? How did you know it would be twins?? :yum: I actually quite like the overview of my Willow Creek, except for the park. It's a bit too bombastic. The twins are still babies in my game, I'm playing on long lifespan because I love Hymn and Wei so much. They are alien babies though, so I'm guessing they will have blue skin. Not sure though. I'm also curious to see whether they're all going to get the big alien eyes, or if these kids will have normal eyes. And the color. Since Wei's color is non-existant for hybrids, it would be Hymns or a mutation. Exciting, exciting!

@debjameswhite Haha the evil villain costume is brilliant. I remember when my founder male was all dressed like a bad scientist, it looked almost sexy. I understand Kenzie's enthusiasm to kiss Logan lol. The alien portal looks so cool. NO! Jayden and Kenzie?! :anguished: Poor Logan. Are they in a fight now? How could this happen...

I'm glad you liked my update. I like playing them at this moment, all is peaceful and quiet. But very busy now that the babies have arrived, they are SO. FUSSY! Honestly, I've never experienced as much crying as with these kids. You'll see in my next update. I believe I took pictures of their wailing sessions.

@Heckstress17 OMG now that I'm seeing both boys in game, I actually like Genji better. There is something about him. He has the X-factor, lol. Nabila looks gorgeous in her Day of the Dead costume. I can't think of a sim who would wear it better. Too bad her and Genji didn't really hit it off. I laughed so hard when he shushed her while she was crying her eyeballs out. He's such a guy :joy: Ohhh, Lily looks so naughty in that one shot. Teehee. Why isn't Shane jumping her in that moment :naughty: Awwww, Genji and Daniel are so cute! Daniel has always been my favorite spouse of this generation, so I'm excited to see them together. I get what you're saying about the male pregnancy, I did have it enabled in my game for a while because I wanted more gay couples and wanted to see their genetics mix too. But the game went a little overboard, making all the men in opposite-sex-relationships do the baby carrying too. It was annoying to see all these guys waddling around. You could also take pics of a pregnant female and act as if she's the surrogate! Hanzo and Roxi are so cute together too. I hope their kids will have red hair. Well, you know, if they are going to love each other :yum: Ohhh, that kissing picture :love: They are adorable.

Haha do you always forget to place community lots in Willow Creek too? I tend to place them in Newcrest or Windenburg, or Oasis Springs. I'm slowly redecorating the house as I play and I'm loving it more and more. Yesss, I want seasons too. I recently read somewhere that there's a rumor they're going to bring it in a game update. That would be awesome. They'll win some people back when they do something like that for free, but I don't think it's going to happen. I'm very excited to see what the twins look like too! They're still babies, it takes them ages to age up when you play on long lifespan haha. It seems that nothing happened between Felix and Lyra... I was rooting for them, until I noticed that Felix' last name is Kendrick, which means he's a distant relative. I'm not sure how I feel about that :joy: It would be cool if there will be a setting in MCC to prevent relatives, even far ones, to hook up. I remember in Sims 3, there was a setting in Master Controller (NRaas) for that.
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    Hi all! I hope you all are doing well. I thought that I was going to be able to play and post an update today but that isn't going to happen. So after this patch my game will not allow me to play. I removed all of my mods and cc. I have repaired the game through orgin and it still wouldn't work. So I had to uninstall my game and eventually I will be starting over the challenge. I have to give myself a couple of days to process this because I am sooooo upset.
    ]
  • TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    Ahh I've done something I promised I wouldn't again.. fallen behind!!! :joy: updates coming soon, I promise!!! I've been MIA, went away for my 3 year anniversary and filling in for my supervisor at work so i've been flooded!! Good to see all your family's coming along nicely!!!

I have not been motivated to play my sims at all due to the disappointment of the next EP not having toddlers or any other family play :cry: I'm going to just admit defeat and assume that they are never going to include any other ages or any other family play in the sims 4 lol... :disappointed:

I'm finally off to go play a bit of my game for the first time in a long time... :joy:
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    Turns out my game is going to take a little bit to update... :joy: thats how long it' been since I've opened up Origin!

What a better way to kill time than to post an update I never got around to posting since I last played...!

In my last post.....

Arya died of starvation like her uncle before her, and Kylo had no luck saving his daughter's life.. :sweat:

91829411c5.jpg

The family struggled with her sudden death but were blessed to find out that Felicia was pregnant with her and Kylo's 6th child!

f46cb44cfa.jpg

Kylo embraced elderhood!

6d17fbb520.jpg

Whilst his son, Jon, enjoyed being a young adult...!

eea3204789.jpg

Felicia and Kylo welcomed their second set of twins.. Melisandre and Khal!

50cdbb81ff.jpg

Upon finding out his fiance was pregnant, Jon wasted no time tying the knot with her and the pair moved out!

f66145d625.jpg

They also discovered that Kylo's best friend Arvin, was married to Kylo's eldest daughter, Daenerys and the two were expecting a bub!

0503e3b3a7.jpg

last but not least.. the twins aged up, and I decided that Melisandre would be my next heir!

22faa448b7.jpg

Update...!

With short-aging enabled, it seemed as though my sims were all celebrating birthdays within days of each other! Next up were the triplets! Whom were supposed to be my next possible heirs.. but with the surprise of the twins and the fact that I never felt the spark with any of these 3, there were soon eliminated from my choice of heir :joy: they grew up with some pretty concerning traits too..! Lets say two of them like to get around.. and the other likes a lot of money!

f6506f1223.jpg

Cersei took a real liking to one fella in particular.. I can't remember his name exactly, but he is the son of Brent West!! :joy:

74c7a51bd6.jpg

The two of them moved pretty quick to say the least..!

f14172823b.jpg

Thanks to their parents never-ending wealth, all three girls managed to get a fully furnished place of their own in Windenburg :smile: leaving me with a bearable house once again, full of 4 sims rather than 568 :joy:

cfadcbff90.jpg

Newlyweds Lily and Jon also welcomed a little baby girl!! :blush: they named her Anastasia - gone are the days where I expected single births in this family, but low and behold.. it has happened!!!

31ef7f41c9.jpg
    f63c9e5a7b.jpg

Kylo has been enjoying his elderly years with his last two children and is often seen reading to his precious little ones :blush:

b85d70f603.jpg

Whilst Felicia is keeping the garden growing strong for the sake of the future generations fortune :joy:

1b1d9988df.jpg

Felicia also spends a lot of her time with the twins, they are all really close. Little Khal enjoys putting on a little puppet show or two :joy:

b4d9e05804.jpg

With the short life span in action.. my old sims are dying off like no tomorrow :disappointed: Kylo farewelled his older sister Rey!

5015c88e38.jpg

To brighten his mood, son Jon decided to invite his folks and little brother and sister out for dinner.. plus it sounded as though he needed a little break from a new born daughter :joy:

62fd833617.jpg

The five of them sat down and enjoyed a long dinner, they didn't go home till the early AM's and the kids ended up passing out as soon as they got home :joy:

a144f7a75f.jpg

Little did anyone know.. that would be the last dinner Kylo would have :disappointed:

70964b42f8.jpg

Poor Felicia was devastated as she watched her hubby pass on right in front of her eyes.. RIP Kylo!!! :astonished:

d311b43d08.jpg

Felicia spent the next few days moping around the house, devastated by the loss. The twins tried to cheer her up a little but they too were coping with their own losses. Felicia had wished that she and Kylo had got married sooner and spent more of their young adulthood together as a couple, but she greatly appreciated the time they had together - he was the love of her life, after all.

769783e904.jpg

The triplets ended up meeting their mum out for a small coffee and cake in attempt to cheer her up.. The three of them shared their favorite memories of their father and it made Felicia a little more happier but she was still going to need more time.

72c2c36a53.jpg

Felicia also discovered that she was going to be a grandmother again...! This time it was Margaery! But Felicia was confused... Margaery was not involved with anyone so.. who could possibly be the father? Margaery claimed she didn't know whom the father was and blamed it on a few too many cupid cocktails.. >_>!!!!!! THIS ASTOUNDED ME WHEN I FOUND OUT WHO THE FATHER WAS........... Turns out my MC Command center setting were a bit borked and it's someone she is CLOSELY RELATED TO.... Had I known this setting had been enabled I would have force quit the game ages before saving it :joy: i'm not going to mention the father but it really suits the game of thrones theme I have going OMG.... kill me!

560b38ef4f.jpg

and that is where I leave it!!! All up to date :joy:
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @debjameswhite I love the science career, especially the outfits. I haven't gone to Sixam yet though. It looks cool in your pics!

@Francisca464 Ohhh myyy gawwwd that house in autumn is PERFECT! Love love love it! Preggo Hymn is so cute in her autumn attire. Don't you just hate how some townies flip out when you ask for sugar skulls? I've only got like five or something, lol. My Sims don't get out enough. Wow--twins!! Family Sim Hymn must be happy :)

@OJenn Thanks! I am doing a lot better. Super excited for school, but I'm trying to be patient and make the most of this free time :)

@Heckstress17 Genji is sooo cute!! I ship him and Daniel so hard. I feel the same way about same-sex pregnancy though. Good idea pretending they're "adopting" but still passing on the genetics--I might have to steal that if/when I get a same-sex couple. Also, I'm thinking about just re-downling the Spencer-Kim-Lewis house that was already there and remodeling it, because I'm in a building rut.

@Tellex Eeee an update!! Congrats to Jon on his little family--he was one of my favorite spares, lol. I also really like the money-loving triplet's looks. But I'm glad you didn't choose one of them as heir--they look like a handful! Aww...it's sad seeing Kylo go after so long, but I'm also not that sad, because he was a plum most of his life lol. OMG, Margaery!! Tbh, I blame Kylo...who could keep up with all of his affairs?? I'm sure everyone's related to everyone at this point!
  • BrandiBrandi Posts: 129 Member
    I've missed this thread and you guys so much! I haven't really played the sims in a while. Are you guys still working on rebuilding willow creek or have you moved on to new families/new towns?
    @Heckstress17 Your twins look so handsome. I'm curious about what skin you're using. hehe Shane and Lily watching movies was adorable. I can't wait to see who Genji will go with. He really seems to be hitting it off with Daniel! Roxi really is a cutie. I love the look on her face when she is talking to Hanzo. I can't wait to see where things go!

Oh and yes, I did go to Sixam it was interesting. I harvested everything I could while we were there!! I also don't know why Kenzie would want Jayden. I'm baffled.

@Francisca464 I can't wait to see your update!

@amadazulsim Miss you and your updates and your comments! Thanks for popping in to say hi though!! It's terrible that you lost your family. I imagine that's heart breaking <hugs> I'm glad you're going to keep playing with us though.

@Tellex Woohoo!!! An update!!! YAY :)

Except <sobs> I forgot you lost another teen to starvation! I'm so glad that so far, my people just eat when they're hungry! Lily and Jon are just adorable, but then I'm partial to Lily.

The family dinner was nice. It's so sad that Kylo died though...even though I know he's been around for a long time. Oh I am curious to know who the father is but I don't blame you for not telling!!

I have a small UPDATE tonight as well before I start playing the game for the weekend!! I don't know why I'm so excited to play this weekend. I've been a little unenthusiastic about it lately!!

The next day Logan went to work and he was still really angry. His brother conveniently called in sick to work that day. Probably for the best.
    rZ0hc.png

When Logan got home from work that night, his wife was not there to greet him. It was heart breaking.
    rZ0hM.png

Until I discovered she was sobbing in her bed. She was sad from missing family.
    rZ0i4.png

Logan was still furious and decided to work out some of his anger on the treadmill. (Rage fueled workout! Hehe)
    rZ0ia.png

Meanwhile something interesting happened. When they left they had a younger male nanny and when they got home they had an elderly female nanny. There is no trace of the male nanny anywhere…none of them remember him. Very strange.
    rZ0ir.png

Kenzie finally pulled herself out of bed and went to talk with her husband.
    rZ0iG.png

Jayden actually invited them to go clubbing again. Kenzie wanted to say no but Logan insisted they go.
    While Logan was chatting with his brother, Kenzie demonstrated where her heart truly was.
    rZ0iL.png

One of the twins is active and he liked working out with his dad.
    rZ0iX.png

Later Jayden took his brother out to make sure everything is ok. Maybe it was just harmless flirting…
    rZ0j7.png
    @everyone Well, I was excited to play this weekend...but looks like that's not going to happen. When I try to load my family it keeps throwing me back to the map screen. I've gone onto the forums and seems to be a common problem. It definitely seems related to mods. I'm going to sit tight and see if they find a solution. I'm praying I have not lost my save but from what I am reading that might be exactly what happens. I'll be really sad if that's the case especially since I wanted to do that thing with Dylen in Windenburg...

Oh well...at least everyone in my family was reconciled...ugh!! ;-)
  • soulfullsoulfull Posts: 104 Member
    @Meeshelby I would suggest possibly due to Grandma Mila's light brown hair. She is adorable!

@OJenn How do you get the pics of each other to put on the wall? I would love to be able to paint the pictures like in TS3. Sorry about Audrey. Daniel is cute. He & Charlotte would have have BEAUTIFUL babies!!

@Heckstress17 The twins are adorable as teens! Roxi is very beautiful! The Day of the Dead is sooooo annoying in my game! I only need 2 more skulls & I keep getting the same ones.

@Francisca464 Hello! I play on long lifespan too. Can't wait to see your genetics!! I deleted a lot of my empty houses that I dl from Gallery because my game kept glitching. So now my town lookds pretty empty. I think I may just build homes when the time comes for them.

@amadazulsim I repaired game, defrag my computer & don't use MODS/CC. My game is glitching. I feel your pain & frustration!! I had a 6 generation family in TS3 that I was VERY close to; the game crashed & I lost them. I literally cried. I hope you can get everything back!!

@Tellex Love the update! TWINS!!! Awesome. I've yet to have multi births in TS4. Melisadre is beautiful!! WOW with the triplets! IDK if I could handle playing in short lifespan. Sorry about Kylo. What is MC Command center? Love the cliffhanger ending!!!

I haven't had much time to play lately...working lots of hours. I also went on vacation for a conference & then the next weekend took 4 days for my birthday to spend with my daughters who live a few hours away. Not much to update on. Amiri has completed all the aspirations for a child & is an A student, he will age up in 8 days. Valencia just found out she is expecting again... I hope it will be a girl!! Has anyone else noticed that the life bar fills up during pregnancy like they are going to age up? Is this a glitch?

Amiri%20well%20invaded%20his%20mind_zpsxvrxbsdl.png
    Not sure what happened here; however, I couldn't pass up getting a shot of Amiri's face!!

09-28-16_10-48-03nbspPM_zpslpajcsba.png
    Enjoying some time with Mom! This is a part of their front yard.
    10-02-16_10-51-41nbspPM_zpswa58wzkt.png
    Camping out back with Dad.
    10-15-16_8-10-30nbspPM_zpsimptu4vl.png
    Building those motor skills.
    10-15-16_10-48-24nbspPM_zpskbcuzwyx.png
    At least Amiri's fire starting is controlled! LOL he'll be better than Dad.
    10-16-16_8-28-13nbspPM_zpstiqdzxsa.png
    10-24-16_12-03-47nbspAM_zpsotcvlki7.png
    10-24-16_4-09-44nbspPM_zps3qs4assh.png
    10-24-16_8-01-37nbspAM_zpsibbwncnl.png
    10-24-16_4-15-01nbspPM_zps38wqfifk.png
    Love Makes a House a Home! Even the monsters under the bed are loved!
    10-26-16_10-22-36nbspPM_zpsa4zf2uvs.png
    Amiri loves to entertain his friends.
    10-26-16_9-38-42nbspPM_zpsp2wbxmeq.png
    Even if it means you spend so much time together enjoying the company that you each pass out!
    Amiri%20food%20poisoning_zpsd6m5gxzy.png
    This outing had even more challenges for Amiri! He went home & Mommy took care of him. He recovered without any problems.
    10-15-16_10-05-43nbspPM_zpspwkdmcr8.png
    10-15-16_8-00-04nbspPM_zpsnpfgjoml.png
    10-25-16_11-14-28nbspPM_zpscabxrumq.png
    10-26-16_9-49-21nbspPM_zpsccw0len8.png
    10-05-16_10-10-19nbspPM_zps7xfbyu4i.png
    I'll let Mommy sleep in. I can fix my own juice & cereal.
    The family stay busy with each other & making sure to help build each others skills & keep healthy.
    basilio%20RL_zpsxeefc1jx.png
    Oops in all our busyness I believe we may have forgotten something.... Good thing Dad works, Mommy sells her vegetables & paintings; it doesn't take long for us to get restored!
    Our%202nd%20Blessing%20On%20the%20Way_zpslg6qjjcs.png
    And the story continues...

• amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    @Heckstress17 - I think Nabila and Genji make a cute couple. I see that Daniel is the one who caught his eye and not Nabila. They are cute together. This definitely make a interesting love triangle if Nabila decides to persue Nabila.

@Tellex - RIP Arya. What a horrible way to die. Wow! Kylo has baby number 6 on the way. He makes some pretty nooboos though. I like the names you choose for the twins. Melisandre is so cute. Oh No RIP Kylo!!!

@debjameswhite - That was the same problem that I had with my game. Nothing helped. I removed all of my mods and nothing worked. I finally removed my old saves but lost my families. I hope you don't have to do that.

@soulfull- Unfortunately I lost my families. It is so hurtful especially when you have sims that you have grown fond of.
    Your family is so loving. I enjoy seeing them interact. It reminds me of my last 2 generations.

So, I found that I had one of my sims in the gallery from Generation 7 so I will start from there. At least that isn't starting all the way over. Unfortunately I lost my town and I had to remove all of the houses and start my town over.

Happy Simming All.
    ]
    Brandi wrote: »
    I've missed this thread and you guys so much! I haven't really played the sims in a while. Are you guys still working on rebuilding willow creek or have you moved on to new families/new towns?

Most of the crew here is still in Willow Creek, feel to join in at any time regardless of what world we are in!

@Heckstress17 - Nice to see your boys are making out okay. I love the idea of Genji with Daniel. I think Daniel is a forum favorite here for sure! My Charlotte still hasn't made up her mind though. Have you been successful in the day of the dead challenge? I think I have maybe 2 skulls? I never complete any of these challenges, and not for lacking of trying.

@Francisca464 - You know multiples run in the sims! I'd have been more surprised if your sims had a single birth. Can't wait to see the babies and how they turn out.

@debjameswhite - I am sorry to hear about your technical difficulties, did this happen after you patched your game? I'd say try repairing it from Origin then loading it up to see what happens.

@soulfull - Congrats on the new addition.

@Tellex - OMGosh I was just about to post and tag you to see where you'd run off too. Glad to see you back here and congrats on your anniversary. Playing on short life span is so fast! I could only manage to do it for a little while then I turned mine back to normal. And now you have me guessing who the father is. My instant thought was a sibling because of Game of Thrones. Can't wait for the reveal!

@amadazulsim - I think I missed your explanation (I will go back and look for it) I am so sorry you have to start over again but like you said, at least it's not from the very beginning. I am excited to see what you do with the town now though.
    @debjameswhite - I too am having issues getting into my game and I have noticed several others on Tumblr saying the same as well. I am going to try loading it with no cc enabled.
    I'll come back and comment later. Just wanted to say I am so upset for you guys @debjameswhite and @amadazulsim I really hope you can find a way to make your games playable and save your families. You've both come so far it's got to be devastating to lose so much progress. :( I've taken Origin offline and won't be updating for awhile.
    edited October 2016
    I'll come back and comment later. Just wanted to say I am so upset for you guys @debjameswhite and @amadazulsim I really hope you can find a way to make your games playable and save your families. You've both come so far it's got to be devastating to lose so much progress. :( I've taken Origin offline and won't be updating for awhile.

I have been trouble shooting for a while here and so far the files that keep my game at a loading screen for hours ALOT of it was cc from pbox that I think just hasn't been updated yet so I am storing it away until I see updates.

Welp so much for that.
    At this point guys ( @amadazulsim and @debjameswhite ) If you guys want to go straight to Oasis Springs I wouldn't have any issue with that. Since I know it would be a lot of reworking things in your towns and with you both being so close to finished, what are your thoughts?
    I'm just waiting to see if EA does anything...if they can. I haven't saved my game I just haven't been going in. I was worried it might be a CC issue, but I'm a little hopeful because I've heard people with no CC are having the same issue. I'll give them a little time to fix it. If that doesn't happen, then I will go on to Oasis Springs. I'll be a little sad because I wasn't going to start a new save and thought I could watch the old family and their new decedents like I do now, and I was really excited about using the book that Juliana wrote eventually...but I love this challenge and I'm not going to let this stop me. It's not worth getting too upset over. I did go in and upload my family to the gallery...poor Logan is pantless haha but that's ok. Even if I could load just them though it wouldn't be the same. Their parents and families would be gone...so yes, on to Oasis Springs!!
    edited October 2016
    I have been testing on and off today and I took all my cc out and I am now going through the painstaking process of adding it in one by one (in small groups) and the game seems to work just fine so far. Wish me luck.

Okay some removing and re-adding in my cc worked. MC Command center is updated but I had to take out Zerbu's School mod so if you have that try removing it for now. I know that Zerbu mentioned working on a new one but not sure when that will be out.
    Post edited by OJenn on
    edited October 2016
    While I continue to troubleshoot I figure the least I could do is post the long overdue house tour. There are two unfurnished rooms on the second floor that won't be shown. I present to you the Generation 9 house (first floor)!

3156ac7019.jpg

I could not resist putting the wind chimes in
    f1bd2d902a.jpg

Her is the main entry
    e2cb179976.jpg

A good spot for entertaining guests
    aaedac2126.jpg

The kitchen, which is pretty bare bones since Charlotte isn't the best chef
    46ecb19b28.jpg

Across from the kitchen is the living room
    c48be228d2.jpg

And the last stop on the main floor is Charlotte's study
    22da92aa15.jpg
    dd52839e7b.jpg

I still can't decide whether I want her to be a comedian or a writer
    41fc7d200e.jpg
    @OJenn The house is beautiful!
    @OJenn The house is beautiful!

Thank You! I am still trying to work out the second floor.