Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition about The Sims 1 (sign it if you agree)

Comments

• mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    signed.
  • amyvityamyvity Posts: 87 Member
    Signed! I would love to play the Sims 1!
    Visit me on the Sims 3 website!
  • ShotkingShotking Posts: 3 New Member
    I certainly sign this! And hopefully make it make it more compatibility to play on more modern machines.
  • SariwaSariwa Posts: 6 New Member
    Never played, but i really want to, so petition signed
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    edited July 2016
    Signed!

Even tho I have the games already, i'm still going to sign because i know how much fun they are and how much i've always loved them, so i would love for everyone to be able to play it!
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Dukemon11Dukemon11 Posts: 51 Member
    I would sign it, if it would in a language I could read. English maybe?
  • lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    Signed!!
  • WitchirisWitchiris Posts: 67 Member
    signed
  • TendorliciousTendorlicious Posts: 5 New Member
    signed
  • PhilSimmerPhilSimmer Posts: 8 New Member
    Signed!
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Signed
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I'll sign, as I can't get it to play right. I would even pay again for this.,
  • The_PlumbotThe_Plumbot Posts: 34 Member
    As a Simmer as old as original game, I'd love to see this happening. Playing The Game, that started it all
  • FalseZenFalseZen Posts: 87 Member
    Signed! I also want them to update the resolution options. That would be nice.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited August 2016
    Signed. My discs are in storage, and I'm not sure if they will work on Windows 10. EA, if you are reading this, if you added the Sims complete collection and the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to the vault, I would actually sign up for your Origin vault service, and I doubt I would be the only one. PS - Abandonware versions can be easy to find on an internet search, but only work on their original operating systems, which is okay if you run a virtual machine.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited September 2016
    I don't know about Origin, but maybe you could get it on GOG. They Already have SimCity 2000 SE & 3000: Unlimited
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Signed!

Actually, a complete collection for The Sims would be an awesome addition to Origin's "On the House" program. It's old enough that they don't think they'd make much of a profit selling it, but there are enough people interested that it could lead to lots of new Origin customers signing on if they publicize the offer properly...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    That would honestly be amazing. I've played the sims complete collection on disk before and I loved it.
  • Romeo9Romeo9 Posts: 38 Member
    canitbeman wrote: »
    I don't know about Origin, but maybe you could get it on GOG. They Already have SimCity 2000 SE & 3000: Unlimited

Agreed, I would actually go as far as to urge the OP to rather place a link to the original request on gog. Gog has a knack for getting these types of things done. As canitbeman has already pointed out Gog already has some great old EA and Maxis titles, that are no where else available such as SimCity 3000, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Theme Park etc... With SimCity 3000 being on Gog because of the outcry from the community, I believe SimCity 3000 was added when the "petition" on Gog was at around 7600 "signatures".

Currently the, The Sims Complete Collection "petition" on GOG.com already has over 6100 "signatures". Why not rather ad to that already large community request?

Just a thought...
  • PhoibePhoibe Posts: 66 Member
    I signed on GOG.com. I would love to try the Sims 1!
  • HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    Signed
  • CoffeeShopLoveCoffeeShopLove Posts: 14 New Member
    Signed!!!!!
  • PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    it's too late for me to sign, but i'm all for this idea! :)
  • CaityCupcakes10CaityCupcakes10 Posts: 91 Member
    Signed!
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    /signed!

I would LOVE to be able to have The Sims 1 again! Whether it's free like The Sims2 UC, or if not I would totally be willing to purchase it! I love all of the games in The Sims series and would love to be able to collect them all on my origin account (so much more convenient to not have to worry about discs getting ruined, also my new laptop doesn't even have a CD drive).