Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nraas More than 8 Sims Not working correctly

MarianaMooMarianaMoo Posts: 2 New Member
Hello, I've just recently began the 100 Baby Challenge on Sims 3, and am having problems with allowing more than 8 Sims per household. So far, I have installed the Master Controller and the W Mod. I installed the W Mod because I had 8 sims in my household and wanted to get pregnant again. Now, after the 3 babies have been born, instead of making a second row of Sim icons on the left, my game has made the first 3 sims in the row disappear in order to make room for the new babies. I've searched my problem online and have yet to find any help. I have no idea what to do and need help. Thanks! :)
Post edited by MarianaMoo on

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited August 2015
    I had this too. You have to also put in Portrait Pannel to get it to work. Also. May want to change the W mod name to W mod as its not allowed to be posted in the forum because of the T for teen rating I'm told.

After adding portrait pannel don't be alarmed if you go to college and all your room mates show up on your family bar. They aren't playable and will go away once you graduate and go home.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    See the Nraas Which Mod FAQ. The very first question explains all the mods which impact overstuffed households. Since you are doing the 100 baby challenge, I think you'll eventually need Mover too.
  • Options
    MarianaMooMarianaMoo Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks for your help :) I'm off to install the Portrait Panel Mod right now and hopefully it works! And that's odd about the "W" word. If the Sims game is rated T for teen, you'd think the forums would be too. Oh well. Thanks for the help again!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I have overstuffed households and I know there are several NRAAS mods I need to do it as each of them just does one of several things that need to be done to make this work.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2015
    Just to add, if I may, it's still possible (though not as easy) to play an overstuffed household without PortraitPanel. If you tap the space bar, the eight (human) sims' portraits on the left should highlight/select in order and then scroll to the next "page."

That trick works with PP as well, but since PP allows for up to 24 sims to be displayed, you would have to have a household with over 24 sims in it for it to be useful. That would be quite a household to manage. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    skittlesmarajskittlesmaraj Posts: 1 New Member
    > @MarianaMoo said:
    > am having problems with allowing more than 8 Sims per household.

late reply & some what different topic, but I'm having problems moving some sims out of households with over 8 sims in them. it always says there's too many sims in the household (on the yellow triangle). & rather than start a new post, figured i'd just ask here - has this ever happened when you've played? if so, do you know how to fix it? thanks in advance :smile:
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    That's where the NRASS Mover comes in handy.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2015
    @HappySimmer3 is correct. You cannot move sims into or out of an already overstuffed household without Mover. Unless you want to use MasterController's Add Sim function repeatedly, but that wouldn't split the household's finances properly and gets awkward when babies, toddlers, and children are involved.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Which+Mod+FAQ#Overstuffed
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    TyrianPrinceTyrianPrince Posts: 44 Member
    > @duhboy2u2 said:
    > I had this too. You have to also put in Portrait Pannel to get it to work. Also. May want to change the W mod name to W mod as its not allowed to be posted in the forum because of the T for teen rating I'm told.
    >
    > After adding portrait pannel don't be alarmed if you go to college and all your room mates show up on your family bar. They aren't playable and will go away once you graduate and go home.

Bless! I experienced this with one game I'm playing (mom, dad, and 7 kids) and the only way to play the one that disappeared was to find and right click the sim that wasn't visible, which is a pain when he wanders off and I have to play hide & seek. Starting a harem-style game and this will make it much easier to work with.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2015, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top