Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loving Sims 2 again

2...Next

Comments

• ReBecky937ReBecky937 Posts: 189 Member
    Is anyone running it on Windows 10? If so how? I found my Sims2 Seasons disc so I can finally get onto my game since I can't find my double deluxe at the moment... Problem is it keeps crashing on me on the loading screen :( I've never gotten into the game play!!!
    harley-joker-banner_zpsnfnlmsv4.jpg
  • aavemyrskyaavemyrsky Posts: 143 Member
    @ReBecky937 , I have Windows 10 and Sims 2 has been working just fine. I don't have it on disc though, just the origin download. I really know nothing about these things, but could it work for you too if you downloaded the game on origin? From what I've understood, if you use the serial code you have on your physical copy, you can just download it from there if the Ultimate Collection is not available for free anymore.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    ReBecky937 wrote: »
    Is anyone running it on Windows 10? If so how? I found my Sims2 Seasons disc so I can finally get onto my game since I can't find my double deluxe at the moment... Problem is it keeps crashing on me on the loading screen :( I've never gotten into the game play!!!

Might try deleting the 4 files and the Logs folder in the Sims 2 folder in Documents/EA Games- they will all regenerate.

• johnsilva_johnsilva_ Posts: 3 New Member
    I installed TS2 Deluxe on a low-end notebook running Windows 10, and it's been working brilliantly with all expansion packs. The only problem is that it takes too long to load, but still not enough to ruin the game. The overall is completely different from TS3 and TS4, even though it looks same for most.

Sounds amazing to remember the old times!
  • thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    I'm noticing how much more difficult TS2 is from TS4!
    Yeah! But I love it. It feels like I actually have to do something to stop my sims starving or whatever. In TS4 I could just sit and watch and nothing bad would happen, so I don't see the point in playing that. Far too easy.

Yeah, thats what I hate the most about TS4. I can go without feeding them for 2 days and they'll be just fine! There's no reason to worry about needs other than them peeing themselves. (My sims die from embarrassment more than anything else)
  • ReBecky937ReBecky937 Posts: 189 Member
    Everyone I got the Ultimate Collection Digitally downloaded onto my laptop thanks to EA!!! So I can play now :) plus having every expansion pack is a plus!
    harley-joker-banner_zpsnfnlmsv4.jpg
  • EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    I recently got the Ultimate collection and I just can't stop playing it! I am taking a short break for now though to catch up on the sims 2 forums.
    On a planet far, far away.
  • WonderstruckkWonderstruckk Posts: 195 Member
    Do you guys remember with the first Sims 2 game you had to install like 6 different discs? We've come so far lol. I recently found all my old expansions from 2 and I've been contemplating whether I want to play again or not
    anigif_enhanced-25237-1426197588-11_preview.gif
  • SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    OMG SIMS 2! I love that game. My favorite expansion for it was nightlife, because restaurants.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    Argh guys! You've done it for me! I found my old Sims 2 games upstairs in the spare room and have been contemplating installing them for a while now... just haven't got around to it. TOTALLY going to install it now :)
    untitled-1.png

• xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Weathie wrote: »
    Argh guys! You've done it for me! I found my old Sims 2 games upstairs in the spare room and have been contemplating installing them for a while now... just haven't got around to it. TOTALLY going to install it now :)
    Ohh have fun! :)
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    I love reading these threads. I never stopped playing TS2, it always feels like the most fleshed out and seemed like it was created with love, opposed to profit. It's so much fun to read people's thoughts who are just getting into it or coming back for the nostalgia.

Happy simming you all. Make sure to check out some of the amazing cc that's been created and perfected over the years. :)
  • minimomemuminimomemu Posts: 73 Member
    edited October 2015
    OMG! I love the Sims 2! I've been playing it more and more lately, and I just love it. I was the first sims game I played and while I do still play and enjoy the Sims 3 and will continue to play 4 because I bought it, Sims 2 offers the richest, most enjoyable game play. I am so excited that others feel the same.
  • AmeliaVampiricAmeliaVampiric Posts: 180 Member
    The Sims 2 is my personal favorite out of the series, I've played it since its release and I'm still learning all of the things you can do in the game. It has so much charm and the sims seem much more alive to me. Family play is what it does best, the cute little details that they put in there is truly something special.

tumblr_mttkub5CDa1s9a1zuo3_500.gif

My Origin ID: AmeliaVampiric
    My Sim Showcase: AmeliaVampiric Sims
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited October 2015
    I wish I could play it again but I lost the game somewhere in my house I'm gonna have to buy an updated expansion since I got the Double Deluxe installed might as well other than re-buying the game for the same price lol..
    If you had it and had registered at least one of your old discs, it may be that Ultimate collection is available in Origin for you to download for free.
    I'm noticing how much more difficult TS2 is from TS4!
    Yeah! But I love it. It feels like I actually have to do something to stop my sims starving or whatever. In TS4 I could just sit and watch and nothing bad would happen, so I don't see the point in playing that. Far too easy.

Yeah, thats what I hate the most about TS4. I can go without feeding them for 2 days and they'll be just fine! There's no reason to worry about needs other than them peeing themselves. (My sims die from embarrassment more than anything else)
    I know! I forgot to shut down my game one night and went off to work. 9 and a half hours later (real hours not sim ones) I came home to find that while my child sim's grades had tanked the family was fine. No yellow needs or anything. *sigh*

Of course, by then the child was a teen getting ready to become a young adult and the mother and father were elders... :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    Is anyone running this game on Windows 10? If so how cause when I run off of my Seasons disc it crashes on the loading screen.

I play the Sims 2 just fine on Windows 10. I do run it on my "Apartment Life" disc, though. That may be why it runs fine.
  • SuppaStarinSuppaStarin Posts: 108 Member
    I would re-install it but i don't have enough expansion packs to really enjoy it like I would want to.