Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loving Sims 2 again

kathrynmarienkathrynmarien Posts: 239 Member
Just installed TS2 on my new laptop and was pleasantly surprised that it worked! The laptop is small and cheap (I bought it for simple household stuff, like budgeting from my couch and grading papers), and since it had integrated graphics, I wasn't expecting it to run (or run very well). But it DOES! :smiley: It even runs on mostly high settings, which is a small miracle.

I have TS2 on my desktop, but haven't touched it in forever, so this was a big trip down memory lane. In about 5 minutes I was reminded why I love TS2 so much. I created a married couple, moved them into a cheap house, and replaced the bathtub with a cheap shower. Not even thinking, I had the wife showering and directed the husband to use the toilet. The woman screeched, jumped out of the shower, and yelled at her husband! HAHA! I had totally forgotten about this!

Then it stormed and the tree out front caught on fire. Man, I love this game.

Comments

• Options
    ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited August 2015
    I got a newer computer last Spring, so I installed TS2 UC, TS3, and TS4..I still absolutely love TS2...miss the quirkiness...it's missing in TS3 and TS4.
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    I suspect that even your cheap laptop exceeds the Sims 2's recommended specifications. My cheap laptop from 2004 (the year TS2 released) can only play TS2 on the lowest settings and it still occasionally crashed.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    I agree @ANNAPTX. While I really do like Sims 4 (and liked TS3 during it's time), there are so many small details in TS2 that just never get old. @canitbeman yes it exceeded the minimum requirements on everything except the graphics (I thought). I've never had a computer with integrated graphics, so I couldn't figure out if it was good enough to play it. I was just crossing my fingers :)
  • Options
    Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    I've been playing TS2 recently as well and I honestly forgot how much fun it is :smiley: I do love the open world in TS3 so I might go back to that soon, I don't know, but right now I'm having a lot of fun with 2 - it brings back a lot of memories, and it's nice sort of going back and remembering all the things you can do that you can't do in some of the other games (I'm even thinking of buying some expansion packs for TS2 now because, from what I've seen, they look great and I never thought to get any when I was younger). <3
    duck.jpg
  • Options
    Lldvl915Lldvl915 Posts: 37 Member
    Sims 2 is a great..I still play it every chance I can. Things in it still make me smile. It's been ages since I've played sims3. As for sims4 I only have the base game along with the free stuff they've given us and couldn't play it cause my desktop monitor wasn't working. And this laptop couldn't handle it which is why I so enjoyed sims 2 on here
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm new to sims 2 but I have played sims 3 and 4 for a while .sims 2 seems different from what I'm used to .i just hope i can figure out all the different things hehe.though it's an older game I've seen some videos of it and it seems great! Happy simming !
    my sim alexa
    Screenshot_zpszzhm7txq.png
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I just reinstalled TS2 (again). I'm playing the Broke family in Pleasantview.

It seems a little antiquated after playing the newer games, but it has so much to it that you can't help loving it. I was watching Brandi make the dinner today, she was getting cutlery out of the cabinet drawer and opening the cupboard door to get out the frying pan etc. So many extra details!
  • Options
    ashleyrenee210ashleyrenee210 Posts: 187 Member
    I've had The Sims 2 since the day it came out and I still play it to this day! It is by far my favorite sims game ever. I play it more often than I play the sims 4 to be honest.
    Twitter: ashleyrenee210
    Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
    Origin: ashleyrenee210
    PSN: ashleyrenee210
  • Options
    ShadowLabrysShadowLabrys Posts: 281 Member
    i am trying to find sims 2 again so i can relive my joys
  • Options
    I'm noticing how much more difficult TS2 is from TS4! I didn't notice it when I was strictly playing TS2, but, man, it's hard to keep them happy! Mine are always hungry or they need fun. I wish they could simultaneously eat and watch TV lol. But I'm still enjoying taking time to get back into the game.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm noticing how much more difficult TS2 is from TS4!
    Yeah! But I love it. It feels like I actually have to do something to stop my sims starving or whatever. In TS4 I could just sit and watch and nothing bad would happen, so I don't see the point in playing that. Far too easy.

• Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Sims 2 is so great! I needed a little break from Sims 4 because I was trying to do a story and just couldn't take it anymore -- I couldn't pick my sims up to position them, couldn't have them do specific poses or animations, etc. Hopefully one day, those abilities will exist in S4 because the sims really are so cute and expressive. But for now, I think I may restart the story using S2 sims, lol. So cute...

31836_800.jpg
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    My Sim on Sims 2 got killed off by me on purpose because she wouldn't listen to me. But yes, I agree, Sims 2 is really a lot of fun.
  • Options
    themarvelspiderthemarvelspider Posts: 42 Member
    Sims 2 will always be my favorite
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    So, a brief summary of my TS2 revival: the livin' is NOT easy! Haha! I bought a beach lot for my couple, and they were flat broke. They managed to put together some empty walls with the cheapest stove/refrigerator/shower/toilet/bed available, and then they started their careers. The woman started writing novels, but I'd forgotten how the process differs from TS4. They started doing a little bit better, so I had them have a baby. Both of their lifetime goals are to have six grandchildren, so, after saving enough to add an upstairs (still pretty empty), they tried again. And it was TWINS. Of course it was--what better way to screw up my feeble finances and tire out my sims than twins, haha! Currently, they (the parents) cry a lot and eat a lot of chef salad. And the house is littered with bottles and diapers--did I mention we didn't have enough to pay the maid, so she took one of the toddler's toys and left? LOL!
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Just installed TS2 on my new laptop and was pleasantly surprised that it worked! The laptop is small and cheap (I bought it for simple household stuff, like budgeting from my couch and grading papers), and since it had integrated graphics, I wasn't expecting it to run (or run very well). But it DOES! :smiley: It even runs on mostly high settings, which is a small miracle.

I have TS2 on my desktop, but haven't touched it in forever, so this was a big trip down memory lane. In about 5 minutes I was reminded why I love TS2 so much. I created a married couple, moved them into a cheap house, and replaced the bathtub with a cheap shower. Not even thinking, I had the wife showering and directed the husband to use the toilet. The woman screeched, jumped out of the shower, and yelled at her husband! HAHA! I had totally forgotten about this!

Then it stormed and the tree out front caught on fire. Man, I love this game.

I'm downloading TS2 as we speak. My computer crashed out & I lost TS2 thru TS4. I re-installed TS4, & have a pretty decent game going, but got bored. So here I am re-installing TS2. I love this game!! It's all the little details that made the game so amazing. Before my computer crashed, I had a pretty good game going with Pollination Tech. I had turned him into a werewolf. The 'savage' interaction is so hilarious, where they jump into a fight and turn someone else into a werewolf. Pollination had married a witch. & their kids look very 'strange'. The hybrids in TS2 are hilarious...you literally can have any combination.

Your post brought back some great memories and I can't start a new game & see where it leads me LOL. Happy Simming everyone.
  • Options

I'm downloading TS2 as we speak. My computer crashed out & I lost TS2 thru TS4. I re-installed TS4, & have a pretty decent game going, but got bored. So here I am re-installing TS2. I love this game!! It's all the little details that made the game so amazing. Before my computer crashed, I had a pretty good game going with Pollination Tech. I had turned him into a werewolf. The 'savage' interaction is so hilarious, where they jump into a fight and turn someone else into a werewolf. Pollination had married a witch. & their kids look very 'strange'. The hybrids in TS2 are hilarious...you literally can have any combination.

Your post brought back some great memories and I can't start a new game & see where it leads me LOL. Happy Simming everyone.

I'm hoping to explore more hybrid sims with TS2. I never made a werewolf in my first (and what was then only) game. I had some aliens, but that was about it.

• Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    So, a brief summary of my TS2 revival: the livin' is NOT easy!... after saving enough to add an upstairs (still pretty empty), they tried again. And it was TWINS. Of course it was--what better way to screw up my feeble finances and tire out my sims than twins, haha!

I had this same thought playing the game last night! I've started a legacy and my poor sim was living in an unfinished shack and was BROKE. I think she had $70 left. And she went to work and one of the work-related popup things came up -- normally, I just click 'ignore' but I thought I'd take a chance for once and choose one of the options. Of COURSE, it was a bad choice, her pay got docked, and she lost her $70. My exact thought was, 'Lol, I'd forgotten how cruel TS2 can be to poor sims just starting out.' But the challenge is what makes it so fun!

Also, I'd forgotten how rich the interactions are between TS2 sims. Like, they do these quirky little things that you don't expect and it makes for awesome storytelling. My founder is trying to find a mate and she invited a sim over for dinner. He came, but brought a female friend with him. Turns out, he's a criminal and his friend is the police chief, ha ha. They spent the entire evening tickling each other, so my sim went outside, did some star gazing, then struck up a conversation with a random townie who was walking by. She hit it off with him right away, so he's most likely going to be 'the one'. :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member

I'm hoping to explore more hybrid sims with TS2. I never made a werewolf in my first (and what was then only) game. I had some aliens, but that was about it.

Cool, hope you're able to post some pics once you have a werewolf. I never played with any supernaturals besides aliens when I played 10 years ago. When I started playing TS2 again, I started to explore some new areas, such as the werewolf. It was kind of like playing a brand new game lol. It's hard to get bitten by the leader of the wolf pack. I had to use a few cheats to make it happen.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm glad people still play Ts2. It's my favourite of the series and it still surprises me!
  • Options
    ReBecky937ReBecky937 Posts: 189 Member
    I wish I could play it again but I lost the game somewhere in my house I'm gonna have to buy an updated expansion since I got the Double Deluxe installed might as well other than re-buying the game for the same price lol..
    harley-joker-banner_zpsnfnlmsv4.jpg
  • Options
    xBlackDragon7xxBlackDragon7x Posts: 173 Member
    i just bought sims 2 for the first time, the sims 4 is just too disappointing i wanna see what family play is really like.
  • Options
    sims2beetchsims2beetch Posts: 53 Member
    oh my gosh guys (: Reading yall's comments has made me even more happy that I bought a bundle from eBay (base game, all EPS, and all but 2 SPs). It's coming in a few days & I can't wait to play. I was excited before, but I feel very impatience now! And I might be listening to the soundtrack on YT right now haha. Happy Simming yall <3
    B)
  • Options
    ReBecky937ReBecky937 Posts: 189 Member
    Is anyone running this game on Windows 10? If so how cause when I run off of my Seasons disc it crashes on the loading screen.
    harley-joker-banner_zpsnfnlmsv4.jpg
  • Options
    aavemyrskyaavemyrsky Posts: 143 Member
    I recently downloaded Sims 2 on my computer since I don't feel like playing the Sims 4 anymore, the reasons being obvious for everyone. Sims 2 is _amazing_. I love that I can concentrate on family play, I love all the little things about it, and the overall feeling of it. First there was some nostalgic value for me, since the I used to spend hours and hours a day playing it when I was around 10-14 years old, but I only had one expansion pack back then and now that I have the ultimate collection there is just so much fun to do. First it was a bit hard of course, being used to Sims 3 and 4 with some improved things, but now that I've gone past that I just love playing. Since Sims 3 I have not felt this exited to play. I'm afraid I'm developing an addiction. :D