May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unlocked Career Items

So my Sim is a Colonel in the Detective Career from Get to Work and as bonuses when she get promotions, she unlocks some objects that I am then able to buy from build/buy mode.

If she leaves this career for a different one, will everything she unlocked still be unlocked? Or once she leaves the detective career, everything she has unlocked will be locked again?

Comments

• Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I think they stay unlocked. You can also use the cheat bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement to unlock all items in Build/Buy mode.
  • Options
    stephAnie1864stephAnie1864 Posts: 200 Member
    @Mightydan Thanks!! I thought about looking for a cheat but i decided against it. I don't really like playing with cheats much.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,686 Member
    edited August 2015
    Mightydan wrote: »
    I think they stay unlocked. You can also use the cheat bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement to unlock all items in Build/Buy mode.

No, this is not true. The cheat works but if you've already unlocked it, it would remain unlocked even without a cheat.

OP, the items will be stay unlocked and you would be able to buy it whenever you want even if your sim is not in the career anymore but it's only limited to that household, obviously. I have a sim who has all the different career items from all the different jobs he had gone thru.
    My Top Song of the Day: Empty by The Click Five
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    EmmpEmmp Posts: 458 Member
    As @DeKay said, they do remain unlocked even if you change career, but only in your household. To bad really, I wish they would stay unlocked in all households. To get around that (without cheats) Im currently playing a couple who are going trough all careers, they are going to open up a store and sell all the unlocked content :)
    You can find me at the gallery, my ID is Jan_telefon!
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Science career stuff doesn't work if you are not in that career.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,686 Member
    edited August 2015
    Emmp wrote: »
    As @DeKay said, they do remain unlocked even if you change career, but only in your household. To bad really, I wish they would stay unlocked in all households. To get around that (without cheats) Im currently playing a couple who are going trough all careers, they are going to open up a store and sell all the unlocked content :)

That's a great idea! Another way to do it, is to save a room with all those items to your library and then you can just plop it down on any lot or for any household and choose whatever that household needs.
    My Top Song of the Day: Empty by The Click Five
    x3vZicL.gif