Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way I can play Medieval as an open ended game?

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
I can't tell you the number of times I have played these missions in the past, but it was quite a lot. Anyways, a while back I had got a new computer (the old one kicked the bucket), so I ended up reinstalling the game on my new computer. I really don't want to go through all those missions again. Is there a way I can play Medieval where there is no restrictions on placing all the buildings, and just playing the town as I would with any of The Sims games, as an open ended type of game?

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Sort of. You have to complete the quests to earn the ability to have limited freeplay. There's a reason Medieval flopped. At it's core, it's not a Sims game.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I disagree totally lisamwitt. the sims Medieval is NOT a "flop". It's a very lovely, beautiful and funny role playing game with interesting quests, relating to The sims and usable/playable when you need some challenge and a successful end somewhere. I always play it, when get tired of normal Sims and giving myself challenges that has no end.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I'm glad you like it. It has it's fans. I was referring to it's commercial viability. Commercially, it was a sales failure and was discontinued after one EP.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited November 2015
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

That was exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Its my pleasure, I also dislike having to rebuild again, after all those quests a person gets attached to your Kingdom LOL
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    You will want to get as much experience as you can before you end an ambition early. Or they are stuck at that level for what seems forever until you do many skilling things and daily job tasks. But once you finish one Ambition that Ambition ( if done correctly) will have limitless QP and you can choose to do more quests or play in freemode then, and not have to do any quests at all if you choose. Or you can switch back and make them do some more. It's a request we had that was later added to the patches. (Freemode) once an Ambition was finished.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.