Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Floor tile won't delete

Ok

I have three floor tiles on the secong floor of a house that won't delete. They were the top landing of a stair case that I deleted. The message keeps coming up "unable to delete tiles in use by item" or something very close to that.
I was not using and cheats or boolprop and have no CC or hacks. There was a foundation on the house and I deleted the entire room and now have three tiles hanging in midair that I can't delete. I tried using the cheat "moveobject on" and deleting, that didn't work. There are no objects using those tiles. I have no idea why they won't delete.

1) has this happend to anyone else and does anyone know how to fix it?

or

2) In sims 2 there was a hack/cc and it was "a package" and it would "burn away" any "invisable" or "stuck" objects on a tile. Has anyone seen it available for sims 3?

Thanks
Phoenix

Comments

• SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited August 2009
    Use the sledgehammer.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • DarkPhoenix22597DarkPhoenix22597 Posts: 81 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Tried that still won't let me delete them.
    edited August 2009
    Did you try going back to build mode to that specific tile design and then try to delete it?
    edited August 2009
    If that doesn't work, look under the tile and see if there is a light hanging underneath.
  • sawgrass770sawgrass770 Posts: 258 Member
    edited August 2009
    Have you tried building a wall directly beneath the problem floor tile and then deleting it?
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited August 2009
    use the moveobjects on cheat with the sledgehammer.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • NikaB84NikaB84 Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    i am currently having the exact same problem and none of those worked...it's still there messing up my home design :(
  • heatherjnjheatherjnj Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    I'm having this problem too, but i know that there is something stuck underneath the tile. Anytime my sims go near it they complain about dirty surroundings and disgusting food. Then one of my sim's actions was clean up cake, but it quickly dissapeared. So I know that there is cake stuck under the tile.
  • HeyyItsJoshhHeyyItsJoshh Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Delete the floor tiles around the tiles that you cannot delete, then try deleting them... I just had this problem, and that's how I fixed it.
  • BomberBoy84BomberBoy84 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have the same problem in multiple houses. I fixed most of the tiles that I couldn't delete by exporting the whole house and family then bulldozing the house and placing the copy down but when my sim got up to go to work there is a new square he can not walk on and he is trapped next to his bed. I have deleted all the tiles around that tile, made sure no lights underneath tile and I have move objects turned on. When I put my mouse cursor over the tile I get a circle with a line through it and in the others I get the normal cursor. I have mods installed as well.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since this thread had been inactive since 2013 and features some workarounds, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top